• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 1,730 Views, 114 Comments

Super Stallion - PioneerofImagination



Mild mannered janitor Squeaky Clean finds a strange sphere that can change him into the superhero of Equestria and has decided to use this gift to battle the forces of evil.

  • ...
14
 114
 1,730

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 16 Royal Romance

"Hearts and Hooves Day, the most romantic day of the year. And I'm spending it with Princess Celestia. The most beautiful creature in the world," Squeaky Clean as he was fantasizing about their date.

"Well somepony is certainly in a good mood today," Stone Wall said as Squeaky passed him in the hallway.

"Trust me Stone Wall, I have a very good reason to be in a good mood, but don't ask why, it's a secret," Squeaky answered.

"I see." While Stone Wall found his answer rather suspicious he decided not to press him on it. Normally he would have, but Squeaky was a close friend and he knew he could trust him.

Squeaky made his way to the royal chambers of the lovely Princess Celestia and knocked on the door.

"Is that you Squeaky?"

"Yes it's me."

"Come on in." Squeaky then came into the chambers and closed the door behind him and as he approached the princess, he once again planted his lips against hers. She was about to say something but Squeaky cut her off and she had to wait a minute for him to finish. "Are you going to kiss me every time you see me?"

"Probably. I really really like to do it."

“I expected you to show up early and you didn't disappoint there. Though I have 1 or 2 more things I need to take care of before we can go on our date though."

"Oh, they won't take long will they?"

"No they won't but would you mind cleaning the hallway while you wait?"

"No problem, it is my job after all." Squeaky then made his way out of the chambers and noticed Swift Sweep. "Hey there Swift Sweep," Squeaky called out and Swift Sweep wrapped him in a very surprising hug.

"Hello Squeaky, it's such a great, grand, glorious day isn't it? What with it being Hearts and Hooves Day."

"You're certainly in a happy mood."

"I am, believe you me I am," Swift Sweep answered as he released Squeaky. "Too bad I can't tell you why." And before Squeaky could say anything Swift Sweep flew off with his broom down the hall.

"That is 1 weird pony."

"You can certainly say that again," Shining Armor who had recently entered the hallway said having met Swift Sweep several times before. "I bet I know the reason he's excited."

"You do?"

"Yeah, he's got a hot date."

"Oh of course, Hearts and Hooves Day, probably should have figured it out sooner."

"I certainly do." Just then Princess Cadance walked by and stopped right next to Shining Armor and they kissed each other on the lips.

"Hi honey, are you ready for our super special date?"

"Oh you better believe it. I'll catch up with you in a minute. I just have to tell Squeaky here a thing or 2."

"All right, just don't keep me waiting." Princess Cadance then made her way down the hallway with a big smile on her face.

"Hey Squeaky, can you keep a secret?"

"Oh I can, believe you me I can." Hearing that Shining Armor got out a small box and opened it showing Squeaky a ring.

"I just had to tell somepony, I'm going to ask Cadance to marry me. We've been dating since high school and today's no better day to finally pop the question."

"Wow," Squeaky said, amazed by the romantic gesture Shining Armor had planned. "I hope she says yes."

"So do I," Shining Armor said, giving a laugh. "Wish me luck." Shining Armor then headed down the hallway to catch up with what hopefully would be his future fiancé. Squeaky then felt a tap on his shoulder and when he turned around Princess Celestia kissed him.

"This time I wanted to be on the giving end of a surprise kiss."

"That's fine with me. So I take it that you finished up the last few things that need finishing up?"

“Yes,” she answered.

"So where do you want to go?" Squeaky asked very excitedly to take her anywhere.

"It won't be anything over the top. Just a simple trip to Ponyville.”

"Wait, you want to go to Ponyville?"

"Yes, why is that a problem?"

"Well it's just that, you're going to stick out like a sore thumb."

"Oh don't worry about that, I have something special to help with that," Princess Celestia answered as she removed her breast plate and put on a golden necklace. Princess Celestia suddenly transformed into a smaller pegasus pony with a rather pale coat and a golden tail and mane that both had a rather long pigtail plus the mane had a bit of blue on 1 side.

"What the?" Squeaky said, understandably shocked.

"This is just a little something that I put on when I decide to look over Equestria as not myself."

"What do you mean?"

"Sometimes ponies don't quite act like themselves around me. When ponies don't know it's me, it allows them to speak freely as they truly are."

"Oh I see. So you have an alter ego."

"I never thought about it that way but yes." Princess Celestia then made her way to the window prepared to fly off.

"That's 1 thing I never thought we'd have in common," Squeaky said to himself.

"What?" Princess Celestia asked, turning her head around.

"Nothing."

"All right then get on my back and I'll fly us there." Squeaky did as she asked and in no time at all they made it to Ponyville.

"So what do you want to do first?" Squeaky asked when they arrived in Ponyville.

"Well if it's all right I'd actually like to have a nice pleasant walk around the town."

"That's okay with me. Just as long as I’m with you." Squeaky then grabbed Princess Celestia's hoof as they walked around, Squeaky came across Twilight Sparkle who had gotten a book about Hearts and Hooves Day to celebrate the holiday in her own way.

"Oh hello there Squeaky what a nice surprise."

"Hey there Twilight got any big plans today?"

"Just gonna curl up with yet another good book, what about you?" Twilight asked before noticing that Squeaky was holding hooves with a mare. "Oh, who's your mare friend?"

"Oh, this is…” Come on, come on, think of a name. “Sunny. Sunny Starscout, this is a friend of mine, Twilight Sparkle."

"Nice to meet you," she replied as she and Twilight shook hooves. "Twilight Sparkle, aren't you the student of Princess Celestia?"

"Yes I am actually."

"I imagine that could be quite difficult at times."

"Well at times yes, but it's nothing I can't deal with. Besides, it's more than worth it. I've always looked up to Princess Celestia ever since I was a young filly. I hope 1 day I can be just like her." Twilight then waved goodbye as she made her way back to the library.

"I'm sure you will be Twilight." Squeaky Clean and Princess Celestia then continued their walk around Ponyville for a short while and afterwards stopped to sit together at a bench. "That was quick thinking back there, thinking up a name on the spot."

"Well it was either that or Solar Flare.”

“Solar Flare?”

"Well it's just that 1 day I was thinking about how your sister Princess Luna became Nightmare Moon. I then wondered if the opposite happened, what would you be called?"

"And that was the name you thought I'd use?"

"Yeah, it's just, you know, boom. Popped right into my mind.”

"You'd think I'd call myself Solar Flare?"

"What? It fits?"

"I think I'd do better than that."

"What could be better than Solar Flare?" Princess Celestia then thought for a moment.

"I think I'd be called Daybreaker."

"Daybreaker? Why the heck would you choose that over Solar Flare?"

"Well what exactly makes Solar Flare so appealing?" Princess Celestia asked in a rather sassy tone.

"Well the name just says it all solar as in sun flare as in a flare of light. With Daybreaker, what the heck does that even mean? My name makes much more sense."

"Well then I'll have to remember that if I ever become evil," Princess Celestia said with a chuckle. "I never thought I would actually have a pleasant conversation that involved Nightmare Moon. You really are easy to talk to Squeaky, have you ever been told that you have a way with words?"

"No I haven't, but it's certainly good to know." Princess Celestia and Squeaky Clean then shared another kiss. They then placed their fore hooves around each other as the kiss started to deepen. But suddenly Squeaky pulled away.

"Is something the matter Squeaky?"

"Well it's just, Sunny’s coat and mane isn't nearly as soft as Princess Celestia’s."

"Oh I see, I imagine that’s rather confusing. It would be like if I was kissing you while you were somehow in an entirely different form. Can you imagine that?"

"N-No," Squeaky answered after a short pause. "Do you want to get something sweet?" Squeaky asked, wanting to change the subject.

"Sure." The couple then headed to Sugar Cube Corner where Mrs. Cake was minding the store.

"Well hello there you 2 must be new in town."

"Yes but we aren't staying, we're just here for the day," Princess Celestia answered.

"Well you've both picked a lucky day to come here because we have a special sweet of Hearts and Hooves Day." Mrs. Cake then got out a cake that was shaped like the symbol of love and had crimson red frosting all over it.

"Oh my it looks so delicious," Princess Celestia said, ready to shallow it in 1 big gulp.

"It almost looks too pretty to eat," Squeaky added.

"Speak for yourself."

"Well I take it you 2 are interested in buying 1?" Squeaky Clean and Princess Celestia both nodded in unison and both paid for the cake. They then found a nice spot under a tree and used their magic to cut up the cake and feed it to each other.

"That tasted as well as it looked," Squeaky said as they finished up the cake.

"Yes it did," Princess Celestia added as she cleaned the pieces of cake off of her muzzle with a napkin.

"So what do you want to do now?"

"I'm not sure. Was there something you wanted to do?"

"In all honesty not a whole lot outside of this." Squeaky then kissed Princess Celestia right on her lips and gently lowered her to the ground. The couple then slowly started to roll around a bit but not too much and Princess Celestia put her forelegs on his chest and then around his neck, but shortly after that pushed Squeaky off of her.

"Wow," Princess Celestia said after a few deep breaths. "That was getting rather intense."

"Yes it was, so why did you stop?" Squeaky asked as the 2 got back up and sat next to one another.

"Well, while I was enjoying it, very much in fact it was also kind of scaring me."

"Scaring you?" Princess Celestia then made a rather large sigh and then held Squeaky's hoof.

"I should have told you this earlier. But the thing is-"

"You're already married!"

"What!? No! What?! Why would I be dating you if I was married?"

"Sorry, I jumped to the worst possible conclusion, continue."

"No I'm not married, but I almost was."

"You were?"

"Yes, It was a long time ago and I've been thinking about it more and more lately. It's a long story and I'd rather not get fully into it. Or go into it at all. I like you Squeaky I really do, but I've been hurt by love before."

"Y-you have?" Squeaky asked, rather shocked by the princess's statement. Princess Celestia had to fight the urge to cry before continuing.

"It was about 1000 years ago but the pain can still feel as fresh as ever."

“If that’s the case, why did you say yes when I asked you out?”

“You’re such a nice stallion that had a hard time revealing your crush on me, I felt that I should at least give you a chance.”

"Oh, I see," Squeaky replied, not sure what else he should say. "Maybe we should stop now.”

"Well, I think I can stay for 1 more thing here in Ponyville with you." Hearing that Squeaky quickly got an idea on something to share with the princess.

"Well in that case come with me." The 2 then cleaned up then Squeaky grabbed Princess Celestia's hoof making her get up and took her to Sweet Apple Acres. "A while back these farm ponies made quite a lot of apple cider. We should try some."

"Oh, that does sound rather delicious. It could also help wash down the cake." Squeaky and Princess Celestia went to see the Apple family and ran into Applejack who made both of them a cup. "You know I actually helped make this farm," Princess Celestia said as she and Squeaky were leaving the farm.

"Really?" Squeaky asked rather amazed.

"Yes, interesting story. A few generations back I came across some traveling earth ponies and I suggested that they stay in an untapped area not too far from Canterlot. Actually that was how Ponyville was founded."

"Wow, the Apple family helped make Ponyville actually exist. Kind of makes me wish I didn't sleep through history class."

"Well at any rate it's about time, for me," Princess Celestia stopped mid sentence as it seemed she was staring off in the distance.

"Is something the matter?"

"For a second I thought I saw my sister poking her head out the barn."

"Princess Luna, what could she be doing here in Ponyville?"

"I'm not sure, I'm not even sure it's her, but I'm gonna find out." Princess Celestia then to Squeaky's surprise started sprinting to the barn.

"Hey, hey wait for me!" Squeaky called out as he chased after his date. The 2 quickly made it to the barn and Princess Celestia was waiting just outside of the edge of the barn. "Well what are we waiting for?"

"Well I was so gung-ho on getting over here, that I didn't give myself enough time to figure out what I was going to say."

“How about busted?"

"But I don't know what or even if I'm busting her."

"Yeah, but it would be pretty funny just to yell it out loud."

"You're right,” Princess Celestia snickered. “That would be pretty funny. All right I'll do it." Princess Celestia then jumped into the barn and was so surprised to see Princess Luna making out with Swift Sweep while she was laying on top of him on a large pile of hay.

"Busted?" Squeaky said, poking his head into the barn.

"What are you doing here?" Princess Luna asked her sister knowing it was her because she had known about the amulet she was currently using.

"I would ask you the same thing, but I think I can put 2 and 2 together on that."

"Um, Princess Luna I didn't mind it so much when we were kissing because…we were kissing, but this hey is really starting to itch." Princess Luna then flew off her date and landed next to her sister allowing Swift Sweep to stand. "Ah that is much better," Swift Sweep said after he quickly finished scratching himself. "So just who is that pony?"

"It's my sister. My pain in the rump can't mind her own business sister."

"Princess Celestia? Hm I didn't quite recognize you, there's something different about you. Did you do something with your mane?"

"I guess you can say that," Princess Celestia answered as Squeaky then walked into the barn until he was standing next to his date. "So how long have you 2 been dating?"

"Well not that it's any of your business, but a while now," Princess Luna answered.

"Best while of my life," Swift Sweep added as he hugged Princess Luna with both his forelegs bringing a small but pleasant smile to Princess Luna's face.

"Luna, why haven't you told me that you were dating somepony?"

"Perhaps the same reason why you haven't told me the same thing Celestia," Princess Luna then looked over at Squeaky Clean.

"That's a rather good point sister. Though 1 other question: why were you 2 in the barn?"

"Well Swift Sweep, who can let go of me now," Swift Sweep did just that. "Wanted us to come here because he heard about a new cake that the town had."

"Oh you had it too," Celestia said happy for her sister.

"Not the best cake I've had."

"At least it was cool that the cake was in the shape of the heart symbol, right Luna?" Swift Sweep asked.

"Eh," She replied. "Anyway after he got the cake for me we came here to the barn."

"Okay but, why did you come in here in the barn?" Squeaky asked, feeling that Princess Luna was ignoring her sister's question.

"Because sneaking around is fun," Princess Luna answered with a smile. "Now if you mind we'd like to get back to our date."

"Oh, right sure," Squeaky said as he placed his leg around Princess Celestia's neck and they walked outside. After leaving they once again made their way off of Sweet Apple Acres.

"Well it's certainly nice to know that my sister is well adapted to Equestria since having come back after 1000 years."

"I couldn't help but notice that you 2 are kind of, if you'll pardon the expression, sun and moon."

"Would you be surprised if I told you you aren't the first one to tell me that?"

"Honestly, I'd be shocked otherwise."

"Well this has been really fun but I really need to get going." After looking around to make sure nopony else was in the area she removed the necklace and was returned to her true form.

"It's time to report back to the castle. I also have to make a trip to Saddle Arabia. Can you be sure to return this necklace of mine to my chambers?"

"Sure no problem." Princess Celestia then gave the necklace to Squeaky and he placed it in his pocket.

"Thank you for the wonderful time."

"Wait," Squeaky said just as Princess Celestia was about to take off. Squeaky then briefly kissed Princess Celestia on her lips one last time for the date. "Wanted to do that to the real you." And with that Princess Celestia took to the sky and before long she was out of sight.

***

Back at the castle Squeaky along with Swift Sweep were called in for a particular sloppy mess. Squeaky found it quite convenient since he could also clean the chambers and drop off the necklace along the way.

"Hi there Squeaky," Swift Sweep said as he flew right next to Squeaky.

"Oh hello Swift Sweep did you have a great time with Prin-"

"YES! Yes I had a great time hanging out with her. You know, maybe we could have a double date sometime."

"Swift Sweep, Squeaky Clean, glad to see you're both here we need you to head to the mess hall right away," Stone Wall said when he saw them.

"Right away captain," Swift Sweep answered.

Shoot, I was planning on heading to the royal chambers first so I could return the necklace. I could just return it later, but I'd really like to return it as soon as possible.

“Something the matter Squeaky?” Stone Wall asked.

"Well." Squeaky then got out the necklace he got from Princess Celestia. "Can you bring this to Princess Celestia's royal chambers?" Stone Wall then took the necklace from Squeaky's hoof to look at it. “I think it's Princess Celestia's."

"What makes you think it's hers? It could belong to her sister and we have quite a few female guards who sometimes bring such belongings to the castle? Even though I've told them multiple times not to." Stone Wall took a closer look at the necklace. "Hm, you may be right. I think I've seen this in her chambers while talking to her. I'll make sure it gets there no problem, so you can just worry about the giant mess."

"Wait did you say giant mess?"

"Yes, maybe I should show you before I return the necklace." Stone Wall then went to the mess hall as Squeaky followed behind. When he arrived at the mess hall he found what looked like a large chocolate cake that almost covered the entire floor of the mess hall.

"What in Equestria happened?" Squeaky asked.

"I know right?" Swift Sweep commented while cleaning. "Total waste of what still kind of looks like a rather delicious cake."

"What in the heck happened?" Squeaky asked.

"Ask Spearhead," Stone Wall said as he pointed to the guard he just mentioned.

"Well see we wanted to surprise Princess Celestia for all the stuff she's done over the years, and what better way to do it then make her a huge chocolate cake for Hearts and Hooves Day. However we aren't exactly talented in cooking and well 1 thing led to another and well, this happened."

"It's going to take a while to clean this up," Squeaky said.

"I figured as much so I'm sure the guards here will be more than willing to lend a hoof seeing how it's their fault this happened."

"Well actually Stone Wall I got this art project I've been meaning to get to for a while and I think I'll be able to finish it today if I leave early. Please," Spear Head said smiling at the end, hoping to head out.

"Well I guess you and your art have something in common now, neither of you are going anywhere." Spearhead then lowered his head and the guards there got to work cleaning. Before long, Princess Celestia came along having come back from her trip from Saddle Arabia rather early and was told by Spearhead what had happened.

"I see such a waste of what looks like such a delicious cake."

"I know right," Swift Sweep added.

"We just wanted to show you how much we appreciate you, your highness."

"Well thank you Spearhead, it's the thought that counts," Princess Celestia said, touched by the guard's gesture.

"Too bad the thought can't clean up the mess it caused," Stone Wall said before getting out the necklace he got from Squeaky. "By the way, is this yours?"

"Why yes, yes it is." Princess Celestia then gave a subtle look towards Squeaky before continuing. "How did you come across it?"

"Squeaky found it earlier and gave it to me so I could return it."

"Ah I see." Princess Celestia then took the necklace and placed it in her saddle bag as Squeaky walked by still cleaning when she placed a hoof on his back stopping him and then kissed his cheek in front of everypony in the room. "Thank you very much Squeaky Clean."

Spearhead then walked up to the princess and removed his helmet then repeatedly tapped his cheek with his hoof. But instead Stone Wall lightly bonked him right on the head with the spear he presently had on him.

"Get back to work!"

"Yes sir." Spearhead then put his helmet right back on and continued cleaning.

"How much longer do you think it'll take until he can clean this whole thing up?" One of the guards asked.

"All I know is next time we should make a smaller cake. A much smaller cake," another guard answered.

"Well now I wouldn't go that far my little ponies."

"There she goes thinking with her sweet tooth again," Stone Wall thought as he was helping with a spare mop. I'm actually kind of curious what this cake would have tasted like myself. After a while the whole cake was eventually cleaned up and the ponies were able to rest.

"Geez Stone Wall you weren't kidding, that was a major mess," Squeaky said while he was resting on a chair. Suddenly Shining Armor came into the room along with his mare friend Princess Cadance who was very happy after her day with him.

"Shining Armor today has just been wonderful."

"Yes you are." Shining Armor then looked at the other ponies in the room. "Um Cadance, there's something I want to show you in the other room."

"Really? Is it another gift?"

"Sort of." Cadance then followed Shining Armor into the room and Squeaky, having quickly figured out what exactly he was planning, got up to go by the door.

"Squeaky, what are you doing?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Shining Armor is going to propose."

"What?!" Stone Wall said.

"He is!" Spearhead, who was a friend of Shining Armor, said interested. The other guards were interested as well and followed Squeaky to listen in as well.

"Well where's my gift Shining Armor?"

"Well you see Cadance, it's, well."

"He's choking up," Spearhead said. Suddenly Squeaky walked into the room to every pony's shock.

"Sure Stone Wall I'll clean in here no problem," Squeaky said.

“What I-” before Stone Wall could finish, Squeaky Clean then got right behind Shining Armor to his confusion.

"What in Equestria are you doing?"

"Just repeat what I say," Squeaky whispered as he looked right at Princess Celestia. "Ever since I've met you I've wanted to get closer to you."

"Ever since I've met you I've wanted to get closer to you," Shining Armor repeated.

"You make me a better pony by just letting me be near you."

"You make me a better pony by just letting me be near you." Cadence and Celestia’s hearts were melting.

"Oh Shining, that's so sweet," Cadance said, putting one of her forelegs to her chest.

"Spending time with you is the greatest thing I can think of."

"Spending time with you is the greatest thing I can think of."

"Wow Shining Armor really has a way with words," Swift Sweep commented. "I'd like to be like that 1 day."

"You are the best part of my day," Squeaky continued as he also continued to look directly at Princess Celestia who knew what he was doing.

"You are the best part of my day."

"I think you can get the ring out now."

"I think you can get the ring out now."

"What?" Cadance asked and then Squeaky elbowed Shining Armor in the stomach.

"Sorry," Shining Armor whispered. "I'll take it from here," Shining Armor said as he got out of the ring. Squeaky walked out of the room and stopped by Princess Celestia who placed her hoof on his back.

"It's just so romantic," Princess Celestia said to Stone Wall.

"Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, will you marry me?" Princess Cadance was shocked as were the ponies by the side waiting to hear what her answer was going to be.

"Oh Shining, I-I'm not sure I love you very much, but I may not be ready. But I might be, I'm not sure."

"You know,” Shining Armor said. “If you decide to marry me, you won't just be getting a husband, you'll be getting a pretty great sister too."

"You're right,” Cadence said as she remembered all the great times with Twilight. “Yes, I will marry you." Hearing that the guards almost charged in like a miniature stampede to congratulate their friend.

“I don’t believe this,” Stone Wall said. Princess Celestia tapped his side with her wing as she, her captain, and the janitors entered the room.

"Stone Wall I'm getting married," Princess Cadance said as she showed him the ring.

"I heard," he stoically answered.

"Would you give me away at the ceremony?"

“No. I hate weddings.” Cadance suddenly pushed out her bottom lip and gave the captain puppy dog eyes. "Fine."

“Thank you!” Cadance hugged him and Stone Wall smiled.

"Holy cow he smiled," a guard said.

"I didn't know he could do that," another said.

"Is there a place either of you would prefer to have the wedding take place?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Shining?"

"Um no not really, as long you want to marry me I don't really care where."

"All right then let's have it right here at the castle."

"Out of the question," Stone Wall blurted out. "If we have the wedding here it'll invite all sorts of crazies to the castle thinking the guards will be too focused on the wedding to notice them stealing from the treasury or even abduct you."

"Ah come on, watching the castle and overseeing the wedding won't be a problem for you, please." Cadance pleaded.

"You won't be alone. I'm sure I'll be able to stop any trouble makers that show up at the wedding,” Princess Celestia said.

"Yeah and we can help out with anything too captain," Spearhead said as the other guards including Shining Armor backed him up.

"All right fine," Stone Wall said after a groan. "But for now all of you get back to work."

"But captain if you recall my art project and with the cake all cleaned up-" Spearhead was interrupted when Stone Wall grabbed him by the back of the neck and pulled him in.

"Get back, to work!" Stone Wall answered. Spearhead and the other guards quickly made it out of the room except for Shining Armor who stopped by Stone Wall.

"Should I use my spell to protect all of Canterlot during my wedding?"

"No, that spell is too much of a strain for you. Only use it if you absolutely have to."

“Well, with all due respect,” Cadence said. “Will you even be able to tell him what to do anymore,” Cadance added teasing the captain.

“Oh, that’s right,” Shining Armor getting Cadance’s point. “When I marry Cadance, I’m going to be a prince. Which will make me your boss.”

“Don’t count your chickens before they hatch,” Stone Wall replied. “You aren’t married yet. I still call the shots around here.”

“Well in that case you’re fired,” Shining Armor said.

“Nice try, but only Princess Celestia can do that.”

“But he’s still gonna be royalty,” Cadance said. “And the royal guard works for royalty.”

“Yeah,” Shining Armor said. “So you have to do what I say.” Shining then playfully poked Stone Wall who smacked his hoof away.

“Not yet I do,” Stone Wall said, starting to get annoyed. “And with that attitude, you’re on your way to be a very pathetic prince.”

Shining Armor then left with Cadance and the others left as well. With the exception of Princess Celestia and Squeaky Clean.

"I need you to clean something for me," Princess Celestia said before she led Squeaky to her chambers.

"What do you need me to clean?" Princess Celestia then kissed Squeaky right his lips to once again his utter enjoyment. "Never mind."

"That was so romantic what you did back there.”

“Thank you,” Squeaky replied. “I can understand not wanting to love again after being hurt by it. But these feelings I have for you are more than just a crush. I think we owe it to ourselves to explore these feelings and see where they go.”

“You make a good point. I should at least give this a chance, we should both really try to make this work," Princess Celestia replied.

"Well I'm glad you see it that way, really I do. So what should we do now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well should we stick to what we've been doing? Should we stick with what we did today? Or should we do something new?"

"Well I still don't like sneaking around but it's not the worst thing in the world, though I did really like today to get out in the open just the 2 of us. Problem is I can't make too much of a habit of that so perhaps a balance between the 2.”

"Well, I’m sure we’ll find a way. In the meantime, do you want to tell Stone Wall we're dating?"

"Uh no, at least not for now."

Author's Note:

These last few chapters haven't been particularly exciting it's just stuff to move the plot along. Next chapter is going to focus again on the superhero part of the story with a brand new bad guy. Also the necklace idea is actually from the IDW comic issue #65 if you haven't read the comic I highly recommend it.

Re-Edit: 9/27/2023: Originally I had a very tiny reference to Dragon Ball, now there's one to not only G5 and The Lion King aka the greatest movie of all time. Can you spot them all?

PreviousChapters Next