• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 1,730 Views, 114 Comments

Super Stallion - PioneerofImagination



Mild mannered janitor Squeaky Clean finds a strange sphere that can change him into the superhero of Equestria and has decided to use this gift to battle the forces of evil.

  • ...
14
 114
 1,730

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23 The Past is Now

Ever since the return of the Crystal Empire, Shining Armor had been going back and forth from there to Canterlot because of his job. Recently he had invited his sister Twilight Sparkle over. When she got there, she heard rumors of strange occurrences and Twilight quickly came to the conclusion it was some monster within the castle.

"Twilight you're scaring the staff," Shining Armor replied to his sister's idea. After that she quickly sent her off so he could talk to the staff there.

"Who does Shining Armor think he is brushing me off like that? If it weren't for me he'd be married to that overgrown stink bug," Twilight said as she walked down the hall.

"Good, let your anger flow through you," a disembodied voice said.

"Discord come out, that's not funny! No that wasn't Discord. This voice was different." Twilight looked around and saw the shadow of a large creature that was sneaking off. Seeing this as a golden opportunity, Twilight quickly but quietly followed the strange creature as it opened a secret entrance to a secret cave. Rather than follow it deep into its lair Twilight decided to act now. "Hold it right there monster!"

"Huh?" Suddenly Twilight teleported in front of the monster ready to fight but to her surprise the monster started to cry and even got in a bit of a begging stance.

"Please don't take me back to King Sombra," the monster begged.

"Sombra? He's gone." Hearing that the monster got up and whipped its tears.

"R-Really?" The monster then explained it was a Crystal Bard and how he was captured by Sombra and treated like a pet. But he escaped and had been sneaking around to avoid getting captured. Twilight quickly broke the news to the staff of the Crystal Empire and the Bard was welcome in open hooves. "Thank you so much for welcoming me, and thank you Twilight."

"Oh it's no problem. So you only took all those books because you like to read."

"Oh yeah I just love to read," the Bard said and Twilight then placed her hoof on the gentle soul.

"Well, maybe you can start a book club here in the castle."

"Oh that would be great!" Shining Armor said as he approached Twilight.

"Yeah she just loved books ever since she was just a filly," Shining Armor said as he placed his hoof around his sister's neck to her annoyance. "You did a good job Twily."

"Yeah and all on my own, but with you involved I guess I should be used to that."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You actually have to ask. I came to you with the solution but you cared more about the staff not getting scared."

The others quickly left the room.

“What’s that supposed to mean!" Shining Armor said getting mad.

"You never listen to me. I came here to help you and Cadance, well mostly Cadance, stop Sombra, but when I suggested he hid the Crystal Heart in his own castle you thought it was ridiculous. Ever since your almost wedding you've been acting like such a jerk!"

"Oh give me a break! My wife has been replaced by a shape shifting monster. The evil shadow king hid the 1 thing that can stop him in his castle. A strange monster has been sneaking around the castle to steal books of all things. Cut me some slack, those all sound like really far fetched theories."

"And yet I'm right on all 3 occasions, ironic huh?"

"Well what the heck do you want from me!"

"You actually have to ask!" Twilight said, almost screaming. "How hard is it to listen to me when I'm trying to pull your rump out of the fire?"

"I can take care of myself!"

"Oh well you could have fooled me! The only reason I try to help you so much is because I care about you and don't want anything bad to happen to you. But if you don't like that, fine! I'll stay out of your life!" Twilight then ran off in a fit of rage and depression all the way to her room. When she made it she locked herself in and after she finished crying, she looked at an old photo of her and her brother.

"I guess Shining Armor and I just aren’t as close as we used to be," Twilight said with a broken heart as she started to pack her things ready to head home.

"Twily wait!" Shining Armor called out when he made it to Twilight's room. "You're not going to leave are you?"

"Why not? It's clear I'm not wanted here. Big brothers aren't supposed to treat their little sisters like that."

"Oh give me a break I got a lot on my hooves! Trying to fill Stone Wall's shoes, trying to help Cadance run an entire empire, trying to prove to her that I'm still the pony she fell in love with. And you know it's not all that easy to be the big brother. Sometimes I wish mom and dad brought home a puppy instead." Shining Armor almost clamped his mouth shut as Twilight turned around showing her brother a face of shock and rage. "Twily-” was all Shining Armor could say before she teleported away.

The next morning Princess Cadance, who had looked forward to Twilight's visit, was very upset. "What do you mean she already left? What did you do to Twilight?" She asked.

"Why do you always take her side!?"

“Since you’ve been up her case all the time.”

“Because she keeps pushing my buttons! Why can’t she just give me a break?”

“Because you don’t deserve one, not after the way you’ve been acting.” Suddenly Shining Armor grabbed Cadance and started to shake her.

"YOU DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!" Shining Armor then pushed Cadance harder than he meant to and Cadance hit the wall. Cadance looked at Shining Armor who couldn't believe what he just did with fear. "O-Oh my gosh Cadance I'm so sorry!"

"Get away from me!" Cadance got up and ran away from Shining Armor who chased after her.

"Cadance please stop." Princess Cadence ran to an open window and flew away. "No Cadance, please come back, I'm sorry." Shining Armor then started to cry as he chased away the 2 most important mares in his life.

***

Chrysalis with the help of the Prank Master was at long last ready to exact her revenge on Equestria. After they got what Prank Master needed, Chrysalis at long last returned to her kingdom; the changelings sang praise at the long awaited return of their queen. "Yes my subjects, I have returned to you at last with great news. I shall take my long awaited revenge on the ponies that wronged me and finally drain the love from Equestria for all of us to feed!" All but 1 changeling cried out in happiness.
"Wow, that is a tall order. But then again she is around the height of Princess Celestia." Prank Master then laughed at her own joke as she was standing next to Thorax. "Get it? Because she's tall?"

"Uh yeah funny," Thorax said, giving Prank Master a few fake laughs. Chrysalis then led her army out of their kingdom so Prank Master could do the spell.

"All right Prank Master we're far enough, open the time portal so my army can attack Equestria in the past!" The changeling army once again cried out in sheer joy.

"Uh, they can't come." Suddenly the changelings stopped cheering.

"What did you just say?" Chrysalis asked.

"I said uh they can't come. My portal can't take an entire army into the past."

"Why didn't you tell me this before I brought out my whole army?!" Chrysalis asked.

"I thought you were leading some sort of changeling parade."

"WHY WOULD I LEAD A PARADE!"

"Parades are fun." Chrysalis had to fight the urge to hit her head because she didn't want to damage her brain anymore than it already was.

"Just alter the spell so an army can go with you," Pharynx said.

"That's not how spells work." Pharynx then grabbed Prank Master and started to shake her.

"Well then make it how it works!"

"That's not how making things work work," Prank Master said as she was being shaken. Chrysalis pulled Pharynx off.

"Oh geez that's too bad, well I guess we'll all just have to head back home."

"SHUT UP THORAX!" Pharynx yelled out. "How many of us can go with you?"

"Well counting me and Chrysalis, about 6." Chrysalis calmed down and selected 4 other changelings and sent the others back to the hive. Pharynx, proud to be one of the 4, was ready to get on with the mission and flew over to Prank Master again.

"All right Prank Master let's get going," Pharynx said.

"Do you know when you want to go?" Chrysalis then whispered the answer to Prank Master and she got to work working that into the spell.

"Is it set?" Chrysalis asked.

"Eeyup. All right here we go, insert time pun here," Prank Master then opened the portal and grabbed Chrysalis's leg to her surprise. "Ready buddy?"

"Get off me!"

***

Squeaky Clean and Swift Sweep were working together in another joint shift when Suddenly Swift Sweep took Squeaky by the leg and pulled. "Hurry this way!"
"What is it?"

"I just saw Shining Armor and I really don't want to talk to that stallion."

"Oh he's not exactly your favorite pony right now too?" Squeaky asked as he walked with Swift Sweep a little faster. They went around the corner where he couldn't see them.

"Wait, you don't like him either?"

"Well I like him, but I don't like the way he's been acting lately."

"Did he yell at you a lot too? I mean Stone Wall yelled at me too but only when I deserved it . I miss Stone Wall. He was a much better boss."

"Yeah I miss Stone Wall too, he and I were…are best friends.”

"You know what else I liked about Stone Wall?"

"What?"

"He didn't call me stupid as much as other ponies do."

Suddenly Swift Sweep was grabbed from behind by a tail and pulled away. "What the?" Squeaky chased after the tail and came across Discord who was holding Swift Sweep up in the air with his tail.

"Shoot, wrong janitor."

"Discord! I thought that tail looked familiar, let Swift Sweep go!"

"Fine with me you're the one I'm after."

"What?" Discord then dropped Swift Sweep and picked up Squeaky Clean and removed his horn so he couldn’t use magic to escape. "Put me down, I have a job to do!"

"Not anymore," Discord said who was about to teleport when he was suddenly tackled by Shining Armor. Resulting in Shining Armor teleporting along with Squeaky Clean, Discord, and even Swift Sweep who grabbed on to Discord's foot as he tried to stand back up when Discord dropped him.

"What the? Where did you take us?" Shining Armor asked as he was now on top of Discord and ready to blast a spell right in his face. But not even slightly intimidated Discord picked him up with his tail and threw him at a nearby wall.

"I think it's the Castle of the 2 Sisters," Swift Sweep answered now standing.

"How did you know that?" Squeaky asked who was now free from Discord's grip thanks to Shining Armor tackling him.

"Princess Luna kind of likes to tell me a lot about it but I don't remember her telling me about a whirly twirly portal thingy. Maybe she didn't get to that part yet." Squeaky and Shining Armor noticed the portal in midair.

"Discord what's with the portal?"

"Not sure Squeaky, it appeared in the castle all of a sudden and this flew out of it," Discord said while showing a small piece of paper that simply said “It will make sense later, a friend.” written on it. "So I wanted to bring you here because something told me dealing with something like this would be your department."

"You want him to clean it?" Swift Sweep asked.

"No Swift Sweep I-" Before Discord could finish the portal started to wiggle and shake and looked like it was going to break. "Well, no time to act, come on let's get going." Discord then picked up Squeaky Clean and charged into the portal and Swift Sweep and Shining Armor charged in after them just before the portal closed. The 3 ponies and spirit of chaos suddenly arrived in a large open field.

"Now where did we go?" Shining Armor asked as he looked around and saw 2 small alicorns. A white one with a sun cutie mark and a dark one with a crescent moon cutie mark. "Are those the princesses?"

"But that can't be," Squeaky said. “They’re full grown mares.”

"Even more than full grown really," Swift Sweep added, which Discord couldn't help but chuckle at.

"Do you know any ponies that resemble them?" After Discord's question it suddenly hit Squeaky like the anvil Discord dropped on Super Stallion recently.

"We've gone, back in time." Suddenly the ponies heard a dramatic piano music and they turned to see Discord made a piano appear.

"What are you doing?" Swift Sweep asked.

"Just adding a little drama." Shining Armor then got in front of the 2 janitors to talk with Discord.

"Why did you bring us here?"

"I didn't do this, even my magic can't directly interfere with time. If it did I would have helped myself defeat Stupid Stallion once and for all."

"But then Equestria would be all chaos," Swift Sweep said.

"So?"

"Well then everypony would be miserable."

"And your point is?"

"Is it me or is he not getting the point?" Swift Sweep was then pulled in by Shining Armor's magic as well as Squeaky until the 2 janitors were right beside him on each side.

"All right we need a plan." Before Shining Armor could continue Swift Sweep pulled away in anger.

"I'm not listening to you!" Swift Sweep, still upset with how Shining Armor treated him a while back.

"I'm the captain, you have to listen to me. And you don't have any right to be mad with me after that stunt you pulled!"

"I tried to tell you Princess Cadance couldn't make it but you didn't want to listen.”

"Well you should have tried harder. Cadance and Twilight would have forgiven me by now if it weren’t for you. I hate you Swift Sweep.”

“I hate you more.”

“I’d hate you no matter what.”

“Yeah well I’d hate you even if I didn’t hate you.”

Shining Armor paused. “I’d hate you if that made sense.”

“I’d hate you even if you were me, that’s how much I hate you.”

"Knock it off, both of you!” Squeaky said as Discord was about to drop buckets of water on the 2 of them. "Save your argument for later. We have stuff to figure out. We were probably sent to this time for a reason so we need to figure out what that is and fast."

"Maybe they can help us," Swift Sweep said as he pointed to a group of changelings on the other side of the field who were watching the princesses with a pony Squeaky instantly recognized.

Prank Master! Was she the one that sent us here? To give us a chance to stop whatever she's planning, honestly I wouldn't put it past her, Squeaky thought. I've got to let Shining and Swift know about her but how can I do that without telling them my secret?

"Hey I recognize that pony," Shining Armor called out. "She was busted out of a mental hospital and was one of the rogues that attacked the castle."

Oh that'll work. On the other side Chrysalis had ordered the other changelings to take the forms of ponies in case guards were nearby so they could grab the princesses easier. "Those other ponies must be working with her and I bet they're gonna try to grab Celestia and Luna. Discord you gotta stop them."

"Me, help Sun butt?"

"Why not what did she ever do to you?" Swift Sweep asked.

"She turned me into stone and put me in the mines beneath Canterlot for over 1000 years."

"Oh, right, well she's just a filly now so technically she didn't do it yet."

"Well technically too bad Swift Sweep."

"Discord please whatever problem you have or will have with the princesses, they're just fillies." Discord then sighed out of frustration.

I must be getting soft." Discord then snapped his fingers and his group was teleported right on top of the other group. In the confusion both parties struggled to get up.

"I have a mare on top of me," Swift Sweep said.

"I have a stallion under me," Prank Master said.

"Goodnight everypony," Discord said.

Shining Armor got up and tried to blast the others, but his magic wasn’t working. “What the? What’s going on?” As Shining Armor tried to figure things out Squeaky Clean and Swift Sweep blasted the group who came more out in the open. Shining Armor then got a good look at a certain changeling.

"Chrysalis!"

"Shining Armor!"

"Squeaky Clean!" The others stared at Swift Sweep. "What I thought we were just saying names for no reason."

"I like this stallion," Prank Master said. 2 of the changelings charged at Swift Sweep who fittingly gave both of them a swift kick in the face with his back legs.

“How’d you do that?” Prank Master asked.

"My dad was a professional fighter."

"Well you're just full of surprises, why don’t you, stick around." Prank Master got out her staff and fired rubber glue but Swift Sweep flew up to dodge then flew at Prank Master and kicked the staff out of her hoof.

"Youch!" Prank Master said as she shook her hoof.

"Thought I'd just stand still and get gooed, I may be stupid but I'm not dumb." Squeaky then forced 2 changelings into a tree with a spell after Shining Armor failed to do so.

"Something I learned from Stone Wall." Squeaky then saw Prank Master using several spells and pulled a few other gadgets. So he went to help Swift Sweep while Shining Armor faced Chrysalis.

"You're gonna pay for ruining my wedding!" Shining Armor said as he tried to fire a spell.

"From what I heard you ruined it yourself," Chrysalis said as she blasted Shining Armor.

"I don't know what it is but something about you is annoyingly familiar," Prank Master said.

"I've never met you before in my life," Swift Sweep said.

"I meant the other stallion."

"But you were looking at me."

"I was?"

"Prank Master let's go!" Chrysalis said as the other changelings joined her. "We'll try another time."

"Ha! Time my sense of humor is rubbing off on you." Prank Master then picked up her staff, jumped over to Chrysalis, and they all teleported away.

“Where did they go?" Shining Armor asked.

"Where did Discord go?" Swift Sweep asked, causing the other stallions to notice as well. Swift Sweep flew around for a bit before coming back. “I couldn't find Discord but I did see that Celestia and Luna left with Star Swirl."

"Ah geez in the heat of the moment I forget we should have made sure that they got out of here before we started fighting," Squeaky said.

"Oh yeah we should have done that," Swift Sweep said. "Stone Wall said royal guards should make sure innocent bystanders get cleared before fighting. Or was it something like protecting bystanders is a higher priority than battling the enemy. Actually I think he said stop standing around and get back to work, my memory gets a little fuzzy sometimes."

“Did anypony else notice what was up with my magic?” Shining Armor asked. “I couldn’t do any kind of spell.”

“Not even an aging spell?”

Shining Armor paused. “That’s for the highest level unicorns Swift Sweep.”

“That’s weird,” Squeaky said. “My magic was fine.”

“Maybe it’s a metamorphosis,” Swift Sweep said. Squeaky and Shining Armor stared.

“What?” They asked.

“It’s where a conflict of the mind expresses itself as an ailment of the body.”

“That might be the wrong word, but I have heard of that,” Squeaky said. “You have been through a lot lately. Maybe all the stress is affecting your magic.”

“You think?” Shining asked.

"Perhaps but worry about improving yourself later, we need to find Discord," Squeaky said.

"What do we need to do that for exactly? I'm still not convinced he isn't involved in this." Suddenly Discord appeared, shocking the stallions.

"Oh sure, blame the spirit of chaos and disharmony for all your problems."

"And where have you been exactly?" Shining Armor asked.

"Oh just tracking the troublemakers you let get away."

"How did you do that?" Swift Sweep asked.

"When I teleported you 3 I took a bird's eye view of the whole thing because I figured there was a good chance that you 3 could stop them."

"Wait what if we couldn't handle-"

"Don't interrupt Squeaky, anyway when they escaped I was able to see where they went and overheard, well just look and listen for yourself." Discord made phantoms of the group.

"This is bogus, we had the princesses right where we wanted them, where did those other ponies come from?" Pharynx asked, frustrated.

"And how come that one could kick so hard?"

"At least you weren't blasted into a tree. I'll be picking bark out of my back for a week."

"Will you quit complaining you're worse than Thorax!"

"Prank Master, what were they doing here? Did you bring them?" Chrysalis asked.

"Why would I bring ponies here in the past just so they could stop our plans?"

"Why do you do any of the utterly random stuff that you do!?"

"Maybe they have a time travel spell of their own, your highness."

"Well if that's the case we need to get going before they find us again," Chrysalis ordered.

"When do you want to go now?" Prank Master asked.

"Take us to when Princess Celestia didn't have that annoying Twilight Sparkle as a student and before her sister returned. Also I've heard that her former captain of the royal guard was a formidable warrior."

Are you kidding me even the changelings talk about Stone Wall, Shining Armor thought frustrated.

"He wasn't all that tough," Pharynx added.

"So you want me to take you to a point in history where he wasn't captain?"

"Take us to when he wasn't even a royal guard."

"All right then, I met him once and I'm pretty good at guessing ages so let's go." Prank Master made another portal and they jumped in.

"Why didn't you just restrain them?" Squeaky asked.

"What, and rob you all of a great time adventure?”

Squeaky rolled his eyes.

"Well how exactly are we supposed to follow them if they already left?" Shining Armor asked. Discord teleported his group and they saw the time portal was still there with disembodied claws holding the portal.

"Something I put on the portal to make sure it would stay put."

"So we can follow them, good thinking Discord," Squeaky Clean said as he jumped through the portal and the others followed.

***

The portal brought the group to an alleyway in Canterlot. "Discord you'd better turn invisible or something. I'm pretty sure you're still trapped in stone right now." Discord then shuttered at Squeaky's comment.
"Uh don't remind me. But a good point." Discord then vanished and the stallions left the alleyway and looked around trying to find where Prank Master and Chrysalis went off.

"Hey look!" Swift pointed out to a nearby store.

"A store?"

"Not just any store Squeaky, it was my favorite store of sweets before it closed down." Swift Sweep then reached into his saddle bag and got out a ton of bits. "Good thing I got paid before we went back in time."

"Wait Swift Sweep we need to focus-"

"Focus later, candy now!" Swift Sweep flew straight to the store before Shining Armor could finish.

"Well they don't call him Swift Sweep for nothing," Squeaky said.

"Well what are we gonna do Chrysalis and Prank Master?"

"Well from what we saw their new plan is to grab Princess Celestia." Just as Squeaky finished, Swift Sweep returned with loads of candy and a newspaper.

"Uh, why did you get a newspaper?"

"The store had a strange deal for free chocolate for every newspaper you buy. I remember them doing other strange things like that to try to stay in business. Sadly it didn't work. Squeaky, can I borrow some bits so I can buy a few more sweets?"

"Fine but make it-" Swift Sweep then quickly flew back into the store as soon as Squeaky gave him a few more bits. "quick." Squeaky then noticed the newspaper Swift Sweep dropped and saw the date. Earlier not too far away the rogues were about ready to get the next plan in action.

"Wow, that is such a beautiful sunset isn't it?"

"Focus Prank Master we need to get going with our plans," Chrysalis barked.

"You're right," Prank Master said as she got herself up and offered Chrysalis a drink. "Here take this."

"What is this some sort of invisibility potion?" Chrysalis asked as she took a sip.

"No, it's chocolate milk."

"What's it supposed to do?"

"It's supposed to taste good, what do you think?"

"I suppose it's not all bad, in fact it actually tastes like love."

"Sounds right to me." Chrysalis then finished the drink and ordered Pharynx to lead the other changelings to sneak into the royal chambers of Princess Celestia.

"Once she's properly restrained, bring her back here. Prank Master, get to work making a portal so we can make a clean escape. I'll stay here to make sure nothing distracts her or stops her."

Back at Canterlot Shining Armor was trying to put a plan into action. "We need to figure out something, the changelings and that 1 wacko pony are going after the princess. And we can't exactly go up and tell the guards."

"I wouldn't worry too much," Squeaky said.

"Why are you so calm?" Swift asked.

"When you dropped that newspaper I saw the date. Tonight's the night that Stone Wall got his cutie mark."

"How did he get his cutie mark?"

"I can't say."

"Uh come on, I gotta know now." Swift Sweep said.

"Yeah if you know something that might help us you need to tell us," Shining Armor said.

"Sorry guys, I playground promised."

"Oh I get it, never mind then."

"What? Just like that?" Shining Armor asked surprised.

"Hey, the playground promise is a solemn oath that should not and cannot be broken especially when made by the closest and bestest of friends."

"Yeah, well said Swift Sweep."

***

At the castle Princess Celestia was alone in her chambers staring at the mare in the moon. She was a strong beautiful mare but there were times where even she needed to cry. But before she could get her emotions in order she was suddenly attacked. With her guard down she was suddenly wrestled to the ground and felt a very sharp pain under her wing that made her weak.

"Hold her, hold her!" Pharynx barked.

"We're holding, we're holding," another changeling said. In mere moments the princess was bound by slime. Her wings were bound together along with her back legs while her forelegs were bound to her chest.

Lastly a magic canceling collar was placed on her but despite that, she desperately tried to get free. "Don't bother, you aren't going anywhere except with us."

"Princess?" The changelings turned around fast and saw a confused colt who quickly got angry. "Get away from her!"

“Stone Wall no,” Princess Celestia said right before she was gagged. “Qlik rm abay.”

"Oh it's just a brat, I was actually worried for a second," Pharynx said. "You 3 wait here, I'll take care of him in 2 seconds flat." Pharynx then charged but as he was about to tackle Stone Wall, he flipped the gung-ho changeling.

"Well you were right about 1 thing, that was 2 seconds flat." Stone Wall then suddenly fired a spell at another changeling who was slammed against the wall.

"Not again," the changeling said before passing out.

"I'm going to bite your head clean off your neck!" Pharynx said as he got back and grabbed Stone Wall.

"Oh you want some more huh?" Stone Wall then summoned a barrier that pushed Pharynx and the other 2 changelings who tried to help back. In the confusion, Stone Wall used magic to force the other 2 changelings to head butt each other as hard as he could. Stone Wall then went to free Princess Celestia but before he could get to her, Pharynx forced him into the wall and started beating on him.

“How do you like that!” Pharynx said as he kept beating on Stone Wall.

“Get off!” Stone Wall then forced Pharynx off with magic again. Stone Wall, while hurt, managed to stand back up. “Why don’t you call it quits like the others?”

"No! You are not getting the best of me again!"

"Again?" Stone Wall tilted his head very confused. “I’ve never met you before in my life.” Pharynx grabbed Stone Wall again and put his hoof on his horn.

"Oh no you don't, how about I break your horn right off?"

"How about I bite your hoof off!" Stone Wall then did just that then kicked Pharynx in the face as hard as he could forcing the changeling to let him go. Stone Wall then blasted him with the strongest spell he could muster.

"Try that on for size you whatever you are!" Pharynx was nearly blasted through the wall and when he got back up he could barely stand or stay awake. Reluctantly he picked up the other changelings for a tactical retreat.

"This isn't over you hear me, far from it. 1 way or another I'm going to settle the score with you," Pharynx said right before leaving with the other changelings.

"Are you all right?" Stone Wall asked after he freed the princess.

"Am I all right?! Look what they, well the 1 really, did to you!"

"It's nothing I can't handle besides it was my own fault for letting my guard down. I’ll be sure not to do that again. From now on I’m noticing everything around me.”

"I see, well here's something you didn't notice." Princess Celestia then pointed to Stone Wall's flank.

"Huh I have my cutie mark, how about that?"

"You don't sound that excited."

"I have more important things to do, such as helping you up."

"I've been trying to but I can't. I think I've been poisoned can you-"

"On it." Stone Wall then went to get a medic member of the castle staff.

***

Pharynx barely managed to get back to Chrysalis and Prank Master, the former of whom was shocked to see them the way they were.
"What happened?"

"We failed your majesty."

"But how?! Prank Master even gave you a poison that strangely I didn't ask her to make for you to use. How could you have possibly-"

"We just did alright! Um, your highness," Pharynx said.

"Well now what do we do?"

"Try this," Prank Master said, offering some food to Chrysalis who decided to eat it.

"What is it, some kind of power drug?"

"No, it's black licorice. Do you like it?"

"It tastes like disgust."

"As in you're so disgusted by it or it actually tastes like the emotion of disgust?"

"Both." Suddenly the group was suddenly hit by stun spells. Shining Armor decided the group should split up to cover more ground then regroup. Squeaky took that chance to change into Super Stallion who listened for the voices of the bad guys and when he found them he took them down.

"Looks like Stone Wall did most of the work for me. Thanks buddy, that's another one I owe you." Super Stallion then flew down, became Squeaky Clean and magically restrained the rouges. After that he teleported himself and the out cold rouges back to the alley way when the others returned and were surprised to say the least.

"Squeaky how did you manage this all on your own?" Shining asked.

"A perfect mix between a sneak attack and stun spells. Swift Sweep isn't the only 1 that’s surprisingly good in a fight."

"Well nice work Squeaky now that these troublemakers are caught, we can go back to the present. Just as soon as we figure out which spell they used to go into the past," Shining Armor said.

"Well while I was waiting for you guys, I looked through Prank Master's saddle bag and found this spell book with a book marker on a page about time travel."

"What else does she have in here?" Swift Sweep asked as he looked through it but suddenly jumped back and let out a scream.

"What is it?" Shining Armor asked.

"Black licorice, I hate black licorice!" Shining Armor then smacked Swift Sweep in the back of the head then grabbed the spell book. However the spell was pretty complicated and would take a while to figure out. Morning came and Squeaky made his way to a park where 2 certain colts were.

"Wow! You saved-"

"Ssh keep your voice down Squeaky!"

"You saved Princess Celestia all by yourself?" A young Squeaky Clean said in a whisper.

"Yes and that's how I got my cutie mark. It turns out my special talent is protecting others."

"Wow, that's so much cooler than cleaning."

"Princess Celestia was so impressed with me she wanted to give me a medal and have a reporter put me on the front page, but I turned it down."

"You did, why?!"

"I don't want anypony to know how close the princess came to getting stolen away; it might encourage other troublemakers to do the same. I wanted to tell you because you're my best friend but you have to swear not to tell anypony else no matter what."

"Okay I promise."

"I'm serious, I want you to give me the playground oath."

"Wow, you are serious." Squeaky then made the playground oath as his older self left to join the others.

"Is something wrong?" Swift Sweep asked when Squeaky got back.

"I was watching a younger me talking with Stone Wall and well It hasn't been easy with him gone." Squeaky fought the urge to cry a little. "I don't want to believe he'll never come back but what if that is the case? I think the last thing I said to him was enough to know I'm getting a raise." Swift Sweep then placed a hoof on his shoulder as an act of empathy.

"It's times like this I wish I was smarter so I'd know what to say to make you feel better." Squeaky then put his hoof around Swift Sweep as sort of a half hug.

"Well having somepony to talk to actually does help, thanks Swift Sweep."

"Oh, I'm more helpful than I thought I was."

Sheesh Stone Wall this Stone Wall that, this should have been called the Stone Wall chapter, Discord thought.

Squeaky then finally put the spell into action. "It finally took me forever to get this thing to pop up. How in the wide world of Equestria were you able to make this thing appear?" Squeaky asked the Prank Master.

"If you think this is bad, this 1 time I tried to make a pudding cake but with this special pudding that you had to make just right or woah Nelly."

"Well anyway come on everypony, and the spirit of chaos back to the future! I mean present," Shining Armor said.

"Huh I feel like the when we wanted is the when not within this when that we are in. Does that make sense?" Swift Sweep asked.

"No, even for me," Discord said. Suddenly Shining Armor looked out of the alley and saw a younger version of himself who saw some ponies running around with young fillies and colts and he became rather sad.

"I wish I had a younger brother or sister." The present Shining remembered saying that quite well because it was the day his mother told him she was pregnant with Twilight. It was a rather fond memory because Shining Armor felt his wish came true. But he quickly became sad as he also remembered how he had recently treated Twilight.

"Squeaky, you feel bad about how Stone Wall left. At least you ended your last conversation on a somewhat good note. At least you didn't all but push her away."

“Her?” Discord asked.

“We were so close, we were the best of friends. Twilight even called me her big brother best friend forever.”

“Ah that’s cute,” Swift Sweep said.

“But ever since she moved to Ponyville we started seeing each other less and less, getting farther and farther away. And then I became captain of the royal guard and I let it all go to my head.” Shining Armor started to cry. "No wonder Twilight doesn't want me in her life and Cadance doesn't want to marry me I'm annoying and selfish-"

"And mean spirited," Swift Sweep added.

"And mean spirited," Shining Armor said.

"And incredibly rude."

"And incredibly rude."

"And you kick ponies when they're down."

"I think he gets the idea, Swift Sweep. Look Shining Armor nopony or whatever Discord is will deny that you've made some mistakes. But that doesn't mean you can't make up for them."

“No,” Shining Armor said. “It’s too late. Twilight hates me.”

“Wait Twilight said that?” Swift Sweep asked.

“Well…No.”

“Then you don’t know for sure do you?” Swift Sweep asked.

“...No.”

“Look,” Squeaky Clean said. “I have a sister too. Sure we don’t always get along and sure she drives me crazy. But I know when we sit down and talk we can always work it out. That’s what you need to do for Twilight.”

"He does have a point, Shining Armor," Discord said. "And even if Twilight still doesn't want anything to do with you, I can cheer her up and make her want to be my student even more. It's a win win."

“Ignore him,” Squeaky said. “Though that’s probably hard to do.”

“Yeah, especially when I do stuff like this.” Discord then summoned a pie that he was going to hit Squeaky with. But Shining Armor instinctively blocked it with a magic shield that actually managed to appear. “Huh, how about that.”

“I guess that little emotional moment helped you unlock your magic,” Squeaky said.

“Yeah,” Shining Armor said. “But not a whole lot. I meant to make that a bigger barrier. But it’s better than nothing.”

Squeaky then opened the time portal again. However as they were going through the portal Prank Master reached into her pocket and a flash bomb went off that also allowed the magic binds to come off.

"Why didn't you use that earlier?" Chrysalis asked after finally being able to get the gag off.

"A battle move is like comedy, timing is everything." All of a sudden every creature arrived in the present.

"Scatter!" Chrysalis ordered and the other changelings quickly followed their queen's order.

"Don't let them get away!" Shining Armor said Discord managed to grab 3 of the changelings with ropes he was able to conjure. When the ropes pulled them down Discord made a rather large mallet appear and used it to knock them out.

"I suppose I could use my ever so powerful chaos magic to capture the others too, but I shouldn't take all the glory for myself. Oh yes, how humble of me."

Shining Armor, Swift Sweep, and Squeaky went after them and after a while Shining Armor caught up to Chrysalis and Prank Master who decided to stay close to Chrysalis.

"Hold it right there!” Shining Armor called out. “Both of you are going back to prison."

"Actually I was sent to a mental hospital."

"Whatever!" Shining Armor managed to fire a stun spell but Prank Master blocked it.

"Chrysalis, get out of here I'll hold him off."

"What? Why would you do that for me?"

"Because you’re my friend." Chrysalis flew off feeling somewhat touched from Prank Master's action.

"Oh no you don't!" Shining Armor fired another stun spell at Chrysalis but Prank Master countered it by hitting his spell with one of hers.

"Oh yes she does," Prank Master retorted happily to mock Shining Armor. Shining Armor then cast several spells at Prank Master who dodged them with no problem at all.

"Is that the best you can do, sheesh they'll make anypony captain of the royal guard these days." Shining Armor then blindly fired spells that Prank Master continued to dodge. After a minute Shining Armor stopped as firing that many spells tired him out a little. "Wow that's the best you can do gotta say I'm really disappointed."

"I need to figure out how to outsmart this lunatic." Shining took some deep breaths to calm himself down.

"Try this on for size! Pun intended as you'll see in a minute." Prank Master then got out what seemed like a toothpick but she used a grow spell to show it was a spear she shrunk earlier. Prank Master threw it at Shining Armor who quickly got an idea. Shining Armor grabbed the spear midair and threw it back.

"That won't work either," Prank Master said after she dodged again. She then noticed his horn was glowing and was ready to dodge spells again but suddenly she was hit in the back of the head by her own spear. Shining Armor used his magic to pull the spear back to him and hit Prank Master along the way.

Shining Armor then grabbed the spear and used a spin attack to force her to the ground. "Feel like surrendering?"

"...Okay."

***

Swift Sweep and Squeaky Clean caught up to Pharynx and Squeaky saw another alleyway and got an idea. "Swift Sweep, try to hold him off for a second. I think I saw another changeling run into that alley."

"All right I think I can handle him."

"Don't underestimate me!" Pharynx said as he charged at Swift Sweep but suddenly Super Stallion punched Pharynx and knocked him out.

"Thought you needed a hoof, well take care." Super Stallion then flew off leaving Swift Sweep in awe and suddenly Squeaky showed up again.

"Okay I'm back there was no changeling what I miss?"

"What did you miss?! Super Stallion suddenly showed up and took down the changeling then flew off."

"He did? Wow, I wish I could have seen that."

***

Chrysalis quickly turned into Twilight to make her way to the train station and escape unnoticed. But before she could get there she ran across the real Twilight who put 2 and 2 together.

"Chrysalis!" Chrysalis then ran off as Twilight chased after.

"Running into the pony I turned into, what beastly luck." Chrysalis then blasted a hole in a building and ran in. Twilight quickly followed and was surprised to find wax figures everywhere.

"A changeling in a wax museum, wonderful." Twilight slowly made her way into the building and made sure to stay on her guard. Any of the wax figures could be Chrysalis in disguise. While looking she came across wax versions of the almost married royal couple that the owner made before the almost wedding "Cadance, too obvious." Twilight then made her down a hallway but out of the corner of her eye via reflection of a nearby mirror, she saw the wax Shining Armor move and dodge a spell just in time. Twilight charged Chrysalis still in Shining Armor's form and decked her right in the jaw.

"That felt so good." Chrysalis then lunged at Twilight and after they hit each other for a while Chrysalis found a way to pin Twilight to the ground.

"You have a lust for knowledge don't you?" Chrysalis bent down and ignited her horn after placing the tip on Twilight's head. "Did you know if I focus hard enough with my magic on a creature I can give them brain damage!" Suddenly Chrysalis was knocked off Twilight by a spell from Shining Armor who saw the magic beams from earlier when Twilight chased Chrysalis.

"Step away from my sister!"

This wasn't supposed to happen! I was so close and you got in the way!" Chrysalis said before hiding behind wax figures. Twilight and Shining Armor then went back to back to make sure Chrysalis didn’t sneak up on them.

“Twily since you’re here, I’m sorry for what happened at the Crystal Empire-”

“Now isn’t a really good time Shining Armor.”

“I didn’t mean to push you away.”

“You are honestly doing this right now.” Chrysalis fired while still hiding but Twilight blocked it.

“Please, how can I make you forgive me.”

“You can’t, not after the way you acted. You need to learn there are consequences to your actions.”

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself-”

“I don’t want to hear your excuses!” Chrysalis fired more but Twilight and Shining Armor managed to block them.

“But it’s true, no matter how hard I try to do things on my own I can’t. I always need somepony to help me. I-I’m useless on my own.” Shining Armor nearly teared up. “I’ve screwed up so much lately. I wish I could do it all on my own like Stone Wall, or you.”

“You’re wrong!” Twilight nearly yelled. “After your almost wedding, I fell apart. I could barely eat or sleep.”

“What?” Shining Armor asked shocked. “But what about all that stuff you did afterwards? Saving the Crystal Heart. Defeating the changeling queen.”

“She just got lucky!” Chrysalis said as she fired beam after beam. Twilight summoned a barrier around her and Shining Armor.

“Yeah, but I didn’t do those things alone. No pony is an island, I needed help with those things and I’m sure I’ll need help in the future. It’s not easy and I have a lot on my mind, but I knew I couldn’t let it consume me.”

Chrysalis fired more beams but the shield endured.

“I struggled to stay in control and managed to solve the problems at hoof and worked things out with everypony, almost everypony.” As Chrysalis continued firing the barrier started to crack. “I’ve been avoiding you.”

“Me? Why me?”

“Because there’s been something I’ve been meaning to ask you, but I’m scared of what the answer might be. What if I was wrong?”

“Twily, what are you talking about?”

“What if I was wrong about Cadance, what if that was the real one I made run off crying?” The barrier cracked more and more as Twilight suddenly turned to face her brother who to his surprise was in tears. “Would you hate me?”

Without hesitating Shining Armor pulled Twilight into a hug and tears poured down his muzzle. “Twily, oh Twily, I could never hate you!” Suddenly Shining Armor’s horn lit up as a powerful barrier forced Chrysalis through a wall.

"This isn’t over,” Chrysalis said as she flew back in and finally managed to blast Twilight and Shining Armor. “I'm gonna make you braindead!" Chrysalis fired her spell thinking quickly Twilight magically grabbed the nearby mirror and pulled it in front of her.

"Reflect on your actions!" Twilight said as the spell bounced off the mirror and hit Chrysalis dead on. After screaming in pain the spell finally stopped and Chrysalis fell down. Twilight ran over to Chrysalis ready to keep fighting.

"Twilight wait!" Shining Armor said.

"You want some more Chrysalis, get back up!" Chrysalis then did just that with a blank expression on her face and moaning. "Well don't stand there, put up your dukes." Chrysalis then raised her front hooves still moaning and still with a blank expression. "Chrysalis, stand on your head." Chrysalis did just that and stayed until the royal guards arrived.

***

After catching Pharynx, Swift Sweep and Squeaky went straight to the castle telling several guards right away what was going on and Princess Celestia and Luna overheard and decided to go too. When they all got there, they were surprised to find the problem already solved and the guards helped restrain Chrysalis who didn't try to escape at all.

"Wait Swift Sweep you said 4 changelings and Prank Master, where are the others?" Suddenly 3 changelings dropped right on Princess Celestia's head.

"Your welcome sun butt," Discord said waving up in the air and then teleported. Princess Celestia then rubbed her head and groaned not from pain but from annoyance.

"There they are! That was super helpful of Discord wasn't it."

"Oh yeah he's a real saint," Princess Celestia said.

"I guess this whole thing means my trip home is postponed again," Prank Master said as she sat up. As Princess Celestia looked right at Prank Master, her jaw almost dropped. She then approached Prank Master and used magic to pull off her small mask and still remained shocked.

"Clover? Clover the Clever?" Suddenly everypony there was shocked.

"Who?" Prank Master asked.

"Clover, it's me, Celestia don't you remember me?" Prank Master then stared at Princess Celestia for a minute.

"You're the one that raises the moon right?"

"What no, well I did but my sister's back, look at me don't you recognize me?" Prank Master then stared at Princess Celestia for a while as if she was focusing but suddenly she just licked her. After that Celestia let her get taken away.

"Did I hear you right, Clover the Clever, the personal student of Star Swirl the Bearded?" Twilight asked.

"But how can that be, sister. She lived 1000 years ago?"

"Yes but remember Luna, Star Swirl found a way into the present as well. After you left 1 day Clover just disappeared, much like Star Swirl."

"I guess it is possible," Squeaky said. "But why would she become somepony like Prank Master?"

"There are quite a few questions that need answering," Discord said, reappearing next to Squeaky and surprising everypony. "Even I don't know what to make of all this yet but I'm sure answers will come-"

"Don't say it," Squeaky interrupted.

"In time." Discord then disappeared as Squeaky put his hoof to his face.

Back at Celestia's royal chambers after the rogues were taken away Squeaky Clean and Swift Sweep told the princesses about their insane time travel adventure.

"Wow that was quite a story," Princess Celestia said.

"Yeah I don't know about you but I could go for good old fashion cleaning for quite a while," Squeaky said.

"Here here," Swift Sweep added.

Elsewhere in the castle Shining Armor tucked his sister into bed.

“This isn’t really necessary, Shining Armor.”

“Of course it is,” Shining Armor replied. “You got hurt.”

“So did you.”

“Yeah but, I just want to make sure you’re okay. And.”

“And?”

"Twily I'm sorry, I'm sorry for everything. I never wished that mom and dad brought home a puppy you're better than any puppy. I’m sorry for all the fights we’ve had, can you ever forgive me. If I have to, I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you.”

"Well, I suppose I can forgive you if you do something for me." Shining Armor nearly smiled from ear to ear when he heard that. Twilight then made a piece of paper appear with a quill with some ink then placed them on a nearby table.

Shining figured out what she wanted him to do then got the quill to draw with his horn. "I promise to always listen to Twilight whether I ask for it or she offers it to me." Twilight then flipped the paper. "No exceptions! all letters capitalized underline underline underline!"

"So this is some special thing you're gonna use on me 1 time?" Shining Armor asked.

"1 time?" Twilight then laughed as she grabbed the paper with her magic then rolled it up and put it in her saddle bag. "You're going to be a grandfather by the time you're done making this up to me." Twilight then hugged her brother.

***

The next day Shining Armor and Twilight made it to the Crystal Empire where he embraced Cadance the very second he saw her and gave her the most passionate kiss he ever gave her.

"Cadance oh my beautiful Cadance I'm so sorry for what I did."

"It's okay, I wasn't hurt. I was just more shocked than scared and overreacted."

"Well I still deserved it. I've been acting like such a jerk to you to Twily and a few others. It's time I set everything right and it starts with you. Cadance I need your love to fill me otherwise I'm just an empty husk. You make me happy in so many ways and help me do what's right. I may be your Shining Armor but you're my shining star.”

"Oh Shining, that was beautiful." Shining Armor then held her front hooves with his.

"Cadance, please be my wife."

".....No," Cadance answered bluntly, shocking her almost husband. "As touching as that was I told you before that I won't marry you until Twilight agrees-"

"Oh right she does, she agreed to be the best mare again!" Shining interrupted and Princess Cadance then looked to Twilight who nodded.

"I kinda figured as much but honestly I couldn't resist, that look on your face was priceless."

"I guess I kind of deserved that.”

***

With the wedding finally being continued at last, Cadance and Shining Armor decided to have their wedding at the Crystal Empire. As it was underway Shining Armor, Squeaky Clean, and Swift Sweep with a little help from Twilight were able to create 1 last time portal and Squeaky made a note to go with it.

“This should make everything go full circle so to speak,” Squeaky said.

“Feels kind of weird to send a time portal back in time,” Shining Armor said. “I kind of think we shouldn’t do this.”

“Yeah but we have to,” Swift Sweep said. “Because we already did, time travel is funny that way.” With that the portal was sent to the beginning of their adventure.

“And that’s the end of that, or the beginning depending on how you look at it,” Squeaky said.

““I really appreciate all your help. Especially you Swift Sweep after the way I treated you,” Shining Armor said somberly. “I’m sorry, can you ever forgive me?”

“.......Okay.”

“Really? Just like that?”

“Oh please, nothing but love,” Swift Sweep said as he pounded his chest a little.

“Thank you. I’m also sorry for the way I acted to you, Squeaky. Ever since my wedding got postponed I’ve been blaming others for my mistakes. But I realize now you can’t escape bad decisions by putting them on others.”

“It’s alright, we’re cool. What about you and Twilight?”

“We finally talked it out. Between that and our time travel ordeal I realized it’s nice to have a big day about you, but the ponies you love are what really matters. I guess I had to learn that the hard way.”

“Well better late than never,” Squeaky said.

Elsewhere Discord was using his chaos magic to prepare the entire Crystal Empire for the wedding. “Wow, everything looks amazing,” Cadance said. “Thank you Discord.”

“No problem, and besides this way you can’t say I never do anything nice for you ponies.”

“True, which reminds me.” Cadance then gestured Discord to come down to her level and when he did she kissed his cheek to his utter shock. “I..never thanked you, for saving my life.”

“Oh that. You're welcome,” Discord said with a smile. Not too long after that the wedding went off with no problems whatsoever and there was so much love, the Crystal Empire would glow for days.

“Twily,” Shining Armor said right before he entered his honeymoon carriage. “I didn’t get the chance to tell you this at Canterlot. None of this would have been possible without you little sis, love ya Twily.”

“Love you too BBBFF,” Twilight said before she and her brother hugged and he went off to his long overdue honeymoon. “Now this was a great wedding.”

Author's Note:

Wow I finally finished this chapter it's a Christmas miracle!

Now we've reached the end of another season 3 down 6 to go.

PreviousChapters Next