• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 896 Views, 9 Comments

Fall Obsessions - mechafone



Rarity wants Twilight to help her solve a mystery, but Twilight keeping secrets from her.

  • ...
1
 9
 896

Epilogue

Two weeks later, Nightmare Night was in full swing. The whole town was bustling in the early evening. Booths, games, and prizes of all kinds had been set up. Ponies everywhere had on all kinds of costumes. The variety seen throughout the town was incredible, and colorful.

There was one thing about every single costume that was similar, though. Out of all the hundreds of different costumes, and even on the booths, an insignia had been hung or stitched on. A single blue feather with three electrical lines running around it. Now, the little colts and fillies that lived in the town had no idea what this meant. But for the young adults and their elders, they all knew what it meant. Some argued what it signified, and many of the elderly in the town greatly disapproved of it's message.

The youth, however, loved it. Once it got around town that Rarity would be supplying the insignia to any clothing or booth for free, many ponies jumped at the chance to have the cutie mark sewn onto their costumes. It had cost Rarity some business, as it had taken up much of her time and some favor with the elder generations of the town, but the sacrifice had been worth it.

While many of the citizens of Ponyville came in to get their own feathered insignia, at least half of them offered to buy things from Rarity while they were there. Of course, one a day such as this, Rarity had refused to take full price for any of her things on Nightmare Night. The whole day, everything was %50 off. She made a killing.


That night, gathered around a bonfire at Sweet Apple Acres, sat Rarity, Ditzy Doo, Lyra, Bon Bon, Allie Way, Emerald Skies, Angelica Lovage (Her old elementary schoolteacher, who now ran a daycare center for new colts and fillies), Lemon Hearts, Berry Punch, and Milky Way. All her old classmates gathered together.

Rarity spent the night talking with them, reconnecting with them, sharing her life with them. She told them of her meeting with Spark Storm (and omitting his secret, of course). She told them everything she could, and when she was done, Ditzy picked up from there. She shared the fact that Spark Storm still came to see her, even before the Nightmare Moon incident. They had been best friends after all, and they shared many things, including how she ended up with Dinky. She kept that bit to herself, though.

Emerald Skies had also been in touch with Spark Storm. There had been that time that he had been taken from his apprenticing job at what was now Twilight's library for a special diplomatic mission. He had returned with a sizable scar on his right wing, something that helped his image with the ladies.

That night, friends that had drifted apart came together again. The social ladder that separated them was broken down, as well did the barriers that separated them all as distant friends.


As the age-old holiday came to a crawl, as children everywhere came back from dropping their candy off at Nightmare Moon's statue, Twilight Sparkle sat at her window. It was a bit chilly, but tonight was special. She loved hearing the sounds coming from the town, all the laughing, the cheering, and the occasional shrieking resulting from pranks.

She sat at the window with an historical book about Starswirl the Bearded, and she had made a note to try out a costume for next year. Suddenly, some movement on the rooftops across town caught her eye. It was much too dark to see what it was, but she had no doubt in her mind who it was. She looked down at the bookmark in front of her. Earlier that day, she had asked Rarity to make her a bookmark from the cutie mark signia she was handing out. The alabaster Unicorn had jumped at the chance, and Twilight had picked it up just an hour earlier.

Suddenly inspired, Twilight leaned out her window and focused magic in her horn. It lit up several times, blinking a message across the rooftops.

The dark shape seemed to spot her. After a moment, it's back lit up as well, blinking with electrical lights that seemed to dance the message, "Hey, I see you, too."

Happy tears threatened to fall from Twilight Sparkle's eyes as she watched the dark shape watch her for a few moments, then hopped off into the darkness. Twilight sat back down at her desk, looking at the little bookmark with Spark Storm's cutie mark lovingly embroidered into it. She sniffled quietly, and with a peace she hadn't felt in so long, grabbed a scroll and quill and began,

Dear Princess Celestia...

Comments ( 6 )

I found this to be short, but pleasant to read. Thanks for sharing. :)

1054595
Well I'm happy you enjoyed it, thank you for reading! :twilightsmile:

I liked it, I wonder how Tia feels about Spark after the birthday party though. This was a nice little not-so-one-shot, a nice glimpse of some of the other characters in your universe.

1301212 :D Thank you very much for the views. It really does mean a lot to me. This story was written before I had all the details of Raison Detre figured out, so if you want to call it an alt version of the future, that's all right. Not everything from the one-shots will make it through to be in the final version of LOP, like how things are now, most of the ponies there accept him and probably wouldn't mind if he came back. It's mostly his own misguided guilt that keeps him from making himself public.

1301246 Ahh, that makes sense, I should have realized that was probably the case. But, it doesn't need to be canon to be a good read, ya know?

1301264 :D Indeed. I'm glad you see it that way :)

Login or register to comment