• Published 7th Aug 2017
  • 564 Views, 2 Comments

The Coming Of Stellas Spatium - Harratot33



The Mane Six and The Cutie Mark Crusaders must join forces to battle Stellas Spatium, Celestia and Luna's evil brother who has returned after one thousand years to exact revenge on the pair.

  • ...
 2
 564

Chapter 7 - Equestria's New Ruler

Gliding very quickly and ferociously down out of the hole in the clouds, Spatium got his first look at Twilight and her friends, and vice-versa. He was extraordinarily large—far more so than his sisters were—and was coloured...well, his allicorn feathers were all sorts of different colours! His face was a fiery, blood-like red, his legs and hooves were orange, white, blue and a strange sort of green that also bore a hint of gold (reminiscent of grape juice). In spite of him bearing this ravishing range of the colours of all kinds of stars in the night sky, The Mane Six and Princess Cadance still felt a sudden, terrific, sickening feeling of fear being jolted down their spines, as if they were receiving an electric shock. This was as a result of Spatium's menacing look, achieved by his pupiless eyes (as large as miniature tennis balls and coloured half-black and half-orange) and his horn, which was bent rather significantly and nothing but pure blackness.

"My..." His voice, to put it bluntly, was utterly demonic. "How Ponyville has changed in the millennia I've been...ROTTING IN AN EMPTY, FESTERING DIMENSION, CELESTIA!" The roar seemed to literally shake the entirety of the surrounding landscape. "Luna...I see you were somehow able to escape my little Nightmare Moon curse, were you?"

"Actually...I...I o...owe it all to Twilight Sparkle and her friends." Luna quivered, directing her hooves to the aforementioned ponies.

"Can we tell him, Luna?" Twilight asked. Luna and her sister nodded.

"When I first came to Ponyville five years ago," said Twilight. "I discovered that me and my five best friends represent the six elements of harmony: laughter, generosity, kindness, honesty, loyalty..." She pointed to each of her friends. "And magic makes all that complete!" She exclaimed, pointing to herself. "Now, I firmly believe that no matter how wicked, cruel or evil a pony may be, each and every one of them who has ever existed or ever will has a part of each of these traits lurking somewhere within their hearts, no matter how tiny or shrivelled. My friends and I have already re-formed several with bad intentions, and we aim to do the same with you!" Spatium clapped two hooves together sarcastically.

"Bravo!" he hissed. "Bravo. Neat speech." And then he shrieked: "TOO BAD YOU WON'T LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO PERFORM ANY MORE!" Spatium then raised himself upwards aggressively and generated a solitary blast of jet-black unicorn magic. This small, single speck of sorcery, despite appearing to be indifferent to spells often performed by the four princesses, resulted in the crashing down to Equestria of around a dozen stars. All sizzling hot and overwhelmingly large, Spatium hurled most of the stars towards Ponyville's buildings, instantaneously resulting in their burning down. Simultaneously, two stars were hurled at Twilight's group. With the help of the other princesses, she and Rarity were able to direct them away.

"Why the heck are you doing this?!" Rainbow Dash yelled, propelling herself up into the air.

"It's not really you and your petty friends that I'm after," Spatium confessed. "It's my sisters I want!"

"Please, Stellas, I beg you to listen to myself and Luna..."

"NO!" Spatium barked. "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH FOR ONE-THOUSAND YEARS, WHILE YOU TWO RULE OVER EQUESTRIA, BEING IN CONTROL OF EVERYTHING, WHILE I'M NOT CONTRIBUTING AT ALL! IS THAT WHAT OUR PARENTS WOULD HAVE..."

"Our parents!" Luna was angry now, too. "Our parents would not have wanted you to turn me into something so evil or refuse to perform your duties as governor of the stars!"

"Duty?!" Spatium's mouth morphed into a malevolent grin. "How's this for duty performing?!?" One motion with his wings and Spatium brought the sun—yes, the very sun itself—crashing down to Equestria! In as quick a time as it takes Pinkie Pie to get through three packs of cupcakes, everywhere as far as everypony's eyes could see was ablaze! Suddenly, Starlight Glimmer came trotting hurriedly up to Twilight.

"Sorry, I know, I know, I'm tardy. I just had to say goodbye to everypony in The Town With No Name. What'd I miss?" She immediately caught sight of the destruction. "Holy--"

"Don't worry," Spatium giggled. "I'm not going to kill all of your precious, evacuated citizens. I have...other uses for all of those."

"This isn't about them!" Celestia insisted. "I can understand why you're upset, Stellas, but if you just listened to me..."

"I REFUSE! Why shouldn't I...you and Luna refused to listen to reason when I was causing havoc and becoming more distant from you and our parents. It wasn't my fault. I TELL YOU! I COULDN'T CONTROL MY POWER...I WAS CONFUSED, BUT MOST OF ALL...JEALOUS!"

"Jealous?" Cadance asked.

"Celestia and Luna were admired by everypony in Equestria," Spatium explained. "AND WHAT DID I HAVE TO SHOW FOR MYSELF?! Nopony was interested in governing stars. And my work didn't do anything for real ponies, just for space, WHERE NOPONY LURKS. NOPONY! TO ANSWER THE INEVITABLE QUESTION, I AM GONNA FINALLY RULE EVERYPONY IN THIS PLACE, WITHOUT MY SISTERS, SO THEY CAN FINALLY SEE WHAT I MIGHT HAVE BEEN HAD THEY NOT SHUT ME OUT!"

"Vengeance is consuming you! You must stop before you..." Celestia began, but of course, Spatium would not give her the satisfaction of finishing.

"NO!!!" And then he bellowed: "I WILL ENSLAVE EVERY CITIZEN IN EQUESTRIA! THEY WILL HELP ME FULFIL MY ONE AND ONLY DESIRE - TO RULE!"

"Not if we can help it!" Applejack exclaimed.

"Although most ponies will be kept alive, under the condition that they follow my every command, there are some who simply must be punished for their crimes against Equestria's true leader...crimes such as..." He turned towards his sisters. "...banishment for a thousand years!"

"No, no, no!" Twilight wailed. The pair were already running rapidly away from the rest of the group, but that did no good. Spatium swept down and head butted both Celestia and Luna directly in the heart, causing them to fall with a mighty smack onto the floor.

"Now!" Spatium grinned. "I must venture to the larger cities to check on my new slaves. Oh...wait..." He jerked his head towards Twilight and her friends. "I gotta make these here obey me first and foremost!" Spatium shot out another jet of unicorn magic, this one a military green; Twilight, Cadance and Rarity were struggling to generate a force field powerful enough to prevent it from affecting them and their friends.

"I...can't..." Rarity panted. "I'm...not nearly as strong as you two..."

"Focus," Twilight said, in tears. "Think about the two sisters, how much they'd have believed in you and would have wanted you to succeed!" Eventually, the forcefield was generated.

"Everypony, hurry and get in!"

"NOW!" Apple Bloom. The Cutie Mark Crusaders had been hiding close by, ultimately too afraid to intervene. The trio scurried into the forcefield just as it closed itself. Spatium, meanwhile, recognising he would be unable to deal with The Mane Six, Cadance and Starlight for the time being, zoomed off in the direction of Trottingham.

"Apple Bloom? What in tarnation...?" Apple Bloom yelled.

"Sweetie Belle..." Rarity said confusingly. Everyone stopped upon hearing the gentle sound of Twilight and Cadance weeping. Usually, such a situation would be a cue for an "I'm sorry" moment, but everypony agreed mentally that that was just not suitable here. The loss was too great.

"This is it!" Twilight wept finally. "If Spatium is so powerful he could have killed Celestia and Luna in ten seconds flat, we're beaten! Equestria...EQUESTRIA BELONGS TO SPATIUM!!!"

Comments ( 2 )

If the main OCs in this story were voiced, what would they sound like?

8403855
Stellas Spatium has a booming, deep and menacing voice, which only becomes more shrill and evil-sounding when he shouts. There is no hint of mercy or understanding in his voice at all!

Login or register to comment