• Published 5th Dec 2011
  • 40,919 Views, 2,159 Comments

The Wizard and the Lonely Princess - Harry Leferts



We all have imaginary friends when growing up, right? Harry's turns out not to be so Imaginary...

  • ...
89
 2,159
 40,919

Chapter 26

Disclaimer: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is owned by Hasbro and Harry Potter is the property of JK Rowling.

"Hello"-Normal Speaking
"Interesting..."- Nightmare Moon speaking.
'Huh'- Normal Thoughts.
'All mine...' Nightmare Moon's thoughts
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

For Harry, the first thing that signalled his coming return to consciousness had been the sound of the pre-dawn chorus. He also heard a soft thumping sound that came from somewhere nearby. Then came the second sign, his sense of touch.

And with that came the pain.

There had not been part of his body which had not ached. Along with that, it also oddly felt as if his body was also asleep if the sensations of pins and needles were correct. The absolute worst was his hands though, for they felt as if they were badly burned and every movement of them shot lances of pain through them. In order for him to distract himself from the seemingly contradiction of sensations, Harry focused on his other senses. He soon gave a soft sigh of relief as he heard both Nightmare and Luna stir as they groaned.

Finally, he managed to open his eyes only to tightly shut them and he hissed as it felt as if hot needles were being shoved into them as his head was split open. "Bloody horsefeathers..."

It was then that a voice that Harry was unable to recognize spoke up. "I see that you are finally awake, Moon Child..."

Harry had felt as both Luna and Nim beside him stiffened at the voice before he slowly tried to open his eyes again. "Moon Child...?"

As he had managed to open his eyes a crack, he watched as the centaur before him observed him right back. The centaur then looked up at the sky through the branches above them. "You are beloved of the moon herself and she shines down brightly upon you wherever you may walk. And even when she hides her face from the rest of the world behind shadows, she still safely cloaks you within her darkness and keeps you safe from that which seeks to harm you."

During this, Harry had managed to open his eyes a little farther, though he did hear Nightmare whisper about how creepy what the centaur had said was. The young wizard just looked at her and nodded before he tilted his head to look upward at one of the gaps in the branches of the canopy, not having noticed Luna give him and Nightmare an odd look. Despite the aching in both his muscles and eyes, Harry jerked as he saw the now much lighter sky. "Aw... roadapples..."

Having shaken herself out of her thoughts, Luna looked up as well. "It was around eleven last night when the unicorn showed up and from the light... it must be sometime around four-thirty. Maybe five in the morning." It was then that she realized something and looked around. She didn't have to search far for there right behind them was the unicorn who watched them from the spot on the ground where she laid. 'Harry must have been laying on her the whole night...' Then, as she looked over the mare more closely, she found something that she had not expected. "Harry... she's with foal..."

The young wizard stiffened before he turned and his own eyes widened as he spotted a few signs. "She's... she's pregnant!?"

As he chuckled, the centaur shook his head. "Indeed she is, young one." He then got up and leaned forward. "Remember, on this night Moon Child, you saved but not one life, but two. And that was despite how it was supposed to be impossible."

Nightmare, however, just looked at him in curiosity. "I don't believe that we have heard your name. Though considering that we have just met..."

With a deep, booming laugh, the centaur bowed. "Quite right you are, Dark One. My name is Firenze." He ignored Nim's expression which was equal parts of indignation and confusion as he looked at Harry. "But it is now time for you to return to the human school, young one. You will be safe there."

Harry slowly got to his feet and stumbled a bit. he would have fallen backward, but his fall had been stopped by the now standing unicorn who supported him with her body. As he shook off his light headedness and soreness, he patted her flank with a smile. "Thanks."

While she whinnyed toward Harry, the centaur thought something over before he slowly walked over. He then laid down and turned his upper body to face Harry. "Are you able to ride? It would be both easier and quicker for you that way."

It was only after a moment's thought that Harry stumbled over, the unicorn just behind him. "Thank you, Firenze. I appreciate this."

Firenze just turned to face him as the wizard clambered on, Nightmare having jumped into his arms after she had retrieved the knife from where it had lain and sheathed it. "You are quite welcome, Harry Potter." He then frowned as he noticed how Harry's hands shook as well as how his body shuddered every so often. "Will you be able to stay on by yourself?"

As he grimaced, Harry nodded. "I think that I can..."

Still frowning, Firenze gave a short nod. "Very well then, I shall endeavor to make this journey as gentle as possible for you." After Harry had gotten on and they started, the group had not gotten far when Firenze stopped as two other centaurs stepped out of the trees, one of whom caused him to grimace. "Bane, Rowen."

For a moment, the two centaurs took in the sight before them and the lip of the black haired one curled in disgust. "What are you doing Firenze!? You have a human on your back! Do you not have any shame!? Are you-"

He got cut off by a huff as the unicorn lowered it's horn and stepped between the two groups. As it snorted, Firenze looked up with an odd smile on his face. "It seems that the Pure One does not appreciate you disparaging her savior, Bane."

While the now identified Bane stared at the unicorn in some shock, the other centaur, Rowen frowned. "Savior...?"

Firenze just nodded before he replied. "Yes, the Moon Child, Harry Potter, saved her life and that of her unborn foal from the... creature that is stalking the forest." Bane then asked his if he was going to stand against the stars to which Firenze looked at him through narrowed eyes. "No, I stand against evil."

After a few moments as the two centaurs stared at each other, Bane broke eye contact and moved aside. As they passed him, Harry shuddered some as he felt the burning glare as it burned into the back of his head. He waited until they were out of hearing range before he spoke again though. "What was all that about? And why does he dislike humans so much?"

Firenze was silent for a few seconds before he answered Harry's question. "The reasons for his rather large... dislike toward humans are his and his alone to speak of, Harry Potter. All I can tell you is that while I may dislike it, his reasons are sound." He then looked over his shoulder. "As to your first question, Moon Child, what do you know of the stars when it comes to the centaurs?"

As he thought it over, Harry shook his head. "Not much, I do remember reading that you watch the stars."

From her position in his lap, Nim nodded. "Yes, you use astrology to tell the future. Though sometimes you need special herbs to properly focus on what you are seeing."

The centaur chuckled and smiled. "Yes, though that is a very simplistic way of seeing it." He gestured upward at the sky above them. "The stars tell those that can see what has happened, what is happening, and what will happen." Firenze continued to walk as he knew that he had his audience's attention captive. "However, one of the laws of the centaurs is that we are never to put ourselves against what the stars say. Since they do not say that evil will win, I am able to interfere."

After a few more moments of silence, Harry cleared his throat. "Er... Firenze? Do you know what that... creature that attacked us was?"

Firenze stopped for a moment and then sighed. "This is not the first time that the creature has attacked a unicorn. It has killed a number of them in recent months, each time draining them of their blood." He then frowned. "Do you know of what unicorn blood is used for?"

Nim just grunted as she shook her head as Luna listened with half a ear, the rest of her mind having been occupied by what had happened. "No. We use the discarded horns and hairs from the mane and tail in potions with some of the more advanced ones needing hoof clippings, but I have never heard of unicorn blood being used."

As he shook his head, Firenze grimaced. "No, the reason that blood is not used is because to do so, the unicorn would normally die after, for its blood is tied to itself, its very lifeforce. And by drinking the unicorn's blood, you would be taking it's lifeforce into yourself." He then glanced at the unicorn beside him. "Thus, in order to drink the blood of a unicorn, you must slay it in the end which can save you even if you are an inch from death. Thus, it is a monstrous thing to do to such a being of good and purity. And after, you would only live a cursed half-life."

While his eyebrows furrowed, Harry frowned. "What do you mean by half-life? That they barely extended their lives?"

The centaur shook his head. "No, they would find themselves living a normal span of time." As he could feel the confusion, he continued. "A person who imbibes a unicorn's blood would soon find that all the light has left their life. They will find themselves unable to feel any form of joy, food will taste as if made from ashes in their mouth while any drink becomes as tasteful as bitter water. When they sleep. they will either find nothing or horrific nightmares waiting for them... if they can sleep at all. For some will feel as if they are stabbed by red hot swords whenever they try to rest."

Nightmare blinked and then shivered. "Yeah... that certainly sounds like a cursed half-life... Who the hay would want to live like that?"

After a moment, Firenze glanced over at her. "Only one who has nothing left to lose and everything to gain would commit such a crime." When Harry asked who would be that desperate, he looked to the sky. "Who indeed... unless all one needs to do is to wait until they can get a hold of something else... Something that would return one to full life and power while making sure that they can never die." The centaur then looked at Harry. "Could you think of one who might be clinging to life for many years while awaiting a chance to return to their original strength?"

The pieces in Harry's mind as well as the other two's which caused him to shiver. "You mean that the creature that we fought... was none other then Voldemort!?"

Firenze nodded as he looked up toward a gap in the branches to the clear, though currently lightening, sky. "We centaurs have seen many things coming, young Harry Potter." He stopped as they entered a clearing. "Mars is bright in the sky tonight, Moon Child, as is the star Algol." Firenze then sighed. "And they shall only burn brighter as the nights go on."

For the first time in the conversation, Luna spoke up, though her voice had a slightly toneless quality to it. "Mars... from the books that I read on astrology, that means that there is a war coming..."

After Nightmare repeated it, the centaur nodded. "Yes." He then continued on until they reached the edge of the forest, where he stopped. After a moment, he looked over his shoulder at Harry and Nim, not being able to see the exhausted Luna who hung from Harry's back at this moment. "This shall be where we part ways, young Harry."

After he got off the centaur when Firenze laid down on the ground, Harry nodded and gave him a short bow. "Thank you for everything that you've done, I really appreciate it."

While Nim muttered her own thanks, the centaur smiled. "You are most welcome, Moon Child."

And with that, Firenze rapidly turned and disappeared into the forest. A huffing noise next to them caused Harry to turn and smile as he saw that the unicorn that he had rescued was still there as it watched them. "And thank you for watching over me."

He then reached up and gently rubbed it's snout before Luna spoke up as she had noticed something. "We have company..."

Startled, Harry turned in the direction that the tired unicorn had been looking in just in time. As he watched, a herd of unicorns appeared from the shadows as if they were ghosts. The herd soon stopped and regarded the group before them. A single mare, the largest of them, then stepped forward. From where she was in Harry's arms, Nightmare gave a low whisper. "Be very careful what you do, Harry. Unless I am greatly mistaken, that is the head mare of this herd..."

Harry just nodded as he replied back in a equally quiet whisper. "I had kind of guessed as much..." The mare continued to walk forward as it looked at the pregnant mare and snorted. The young wizard just watched their interactions in interest. 'Are they... somehow talking with each other?' Finally, it reached the group and stood close enough that Harry could have barely reached out and touched it. However, he stood perfectly still as it looked him in the eyes. The young wizard gulped as he felt as if it was not looking into his eyes so much as judging his very soul through it's gaze, though he was distracted as felt his pounding headache as it increased n strength. After a few seconds of it having just stood there, Harry gave it a shaky smile and waved. "Um... hi?" He was surprised though as she took a final step forward and nuzzled him gently. After the mare turned and the one that Harry had saved followed, they began to leave. "Er... bye?"

The pregnant mare turned for a moment and gave a nicker before she, too, faded into the gloom. Nim however summed up all their thoughts rather eloquently. "That... was rather odd..."

The young wizard just nodded. "Yeah, very odd. Right, Luna?" He waited a few moments for her to have replied, but when she hadn't, he turned. Harry then frowned as he found that she was deep in thought about something with a depressed expression. "... Luna?"

Luna jerked a little before she looked over at him. "Hmm? Yes?"

This answer only caused Harry to become more worried as he answered. "Luna? Are you... feeling okay?"

For a moment, Luna watched him before she gave him a very brittle smile, as if she had been trying to convince herself of what she said. "Of course I am, well, besides the same aches that you're feeling that is..." She then looked toward the school. "Anyways, we should start heading over before anyone notices that we're not there..."

She then started to head over to the castle, not knowing that both Harry and Nightmare watched her worryingly. "Nim... do you have enough magic that we can...?"

The plush just nodded as she understood the unasked question. "Barely enough for that at the moment, but I can manage." She then frowned as Harry started to walk, her eyes focused on the depressed alicorn ahead of them. "You're not the only one who's worried..." They then trudged after the Princess of the Night and into the school. Not long after, they arrived in Gryffindor Tower. Finally, Harry reached his bed and was out before his head had even touched the pillow...
____________________________________________________________________________

Luna slowly blinked as she woke up, but to her surprise, she was not on the moon. Rather, she was in her bedroom within the Everfree Castle which appeared much as it had all those centuries ago. "What is going on here...?"

A moment later she got her answer as Nightmare's voice spoke up. "What is going on here is that I brought us here so that we could get some answers."

The Lunar Princess swallowed thickly as she looked between Nightmare and Harry as they got up onto the bed, both of them looking solid and real as this was in the dream realm. "You brought me into the dream realm simply to ask some questions? You could have just asked me on the moon..."

Much to her surprise though, it was Harry who answered, not Nightmare as she had expected. "I asked her to bring us here, Luna. I... wanted to talk to you face to face as it were. Not as a spirit as I would be on the moon."

Luna frowned and Harry noticed that she had been looking everywhere but at him as she answered. "I... see. Is this about what happened in the forest?"

For a moment, Harry watched her before he reached over and laid a hand on her shoulder, which caused her to jerk. "Its about what happened and how you're acting."

The alicorn gritted her teeth before she bitterly replied. "And I suppose that I shouldn't be acting like this?" She flinched as she watched Harry jerk as if he had been struck. Luna then hung her head in some shame. "I'm so sorry, Harry, you didn't deserve that..."

Nightmare growled at her from her position on the bed. "Indeed he did not!" She then glared at her counterpart. "And I am finding that I am losing what respect that I may have for you. Now what the bloody bucking hay is wrong with you!?"

It was then that both Harry and Nightmare noticed as Luna's whole body had been shaking before she looked up as tears ran down her face. "You want to know what the hay is wrong with me!? Huh?!" She then slammed a hoof down on the bed and caused it to creak. "What is wrong is that I was right there as my first friend was attacked and was in danger... AND I COULD DO NOTHING AT ALL TO HELP! THAT IS WHAT IS WRONG!"

Harry just blinked in utter confusion as Luna let out a strangled sob while he worked his mouth for a few moments. Finally, he managed to have shaken it off. "But... Luna, you did help me out back there." As she gave him a small glare while she sniffled, he continued. "You let me know exactly where he was right before he attacked."

For a moment, she stared at him before she seemed to fold into herself. "Right. And a fat lot of good that was." She sniffled a little, now unwilling to look Harry or Nightmare in the eyes. "Nightmare at least was able to physically help you."

Said alicorn grimaced before she replied with an equally bitter tone to Luna's earlier one. "Right, because jumping on something before being thrown like the doll that I am was such a huge help there."

Luna just glared at her as Harry looked between the two, slightly lost as to what was occurring before him. "You were still able to do much more then me! You've always been able to do more for him then I could!"

There was a long moment of silence after that as Nightmare looked at Luna completely and utterly stunned. "Is... that what you truly think?" The sight of the blue alicorn as she looked away was answer enough. "And yet you have the audacity to say that I act like a foal at times..."

As Luna whipped her head around and glared at the larger pony, Harry just quietly watched as he had a feeling that this was needed. "Wha... what do you mean by that!?" She then growled at her. "After all, you said as much all those years ago!"

As she looked down at Luna, Nightmare frowned. "That has something to do with this? What I said way back when I had met Harry face to face?" She ignored Harry's frown as she gestured at him while her voice dropped in volume. "Because you're wrong, you know. Who was it between the two of us who became his first friend? You. Who is the first one he turns to when he needs comfort when he is able? Not me, you. Who has gone as far out of her way to help and advise him when needed? Even when the subject matter might well be extremely embarrassing to her?" She then leaned into Luna's face. "You." She then pulled back and held up a hoof as she noticed that Luna was about to interrupt her. "Don't even try to deny it. As much as I would have hated to admit it even a few years ago, I can freely say that you have done as much, if not more, for him then I have to help him."

Having caught Nightmare's eye as she had made a slight gesture with her head toward him, Harry nodded as he reached over and grasped Luna's forehooves gently. "You've helped me out so much over the years, Luna. And I mean that, you really have helped."

As she hung her head in denile, unwilling to tilt her head so that she could have looked at him in the eye, Luna sniffled. "No, I haven't..."

Harry just moved forward and hugged her. "You have. You have always been there whenever I needed someone. Whether that was to talk to or simply for a hug, you have been there." He then smiled at her as she looked up a bit. "Who started to teach me things that I needed to know? Or help with? Who always said or did something to raise my spirits when I was down?" He pulled away slightly and poked her in the chest. "You. You did all that and more, Luna." The young wizard then chuckled. "In fact, without you, I would have become mopey and moody."

As she tried, and failed, to stifle a snort, Luna shook her head. "I doubt that, Harry." She then raised her head enough so that she could lean her forehead against his, careful of her horn as her eyes looked into his and shone with regret. "That still doesn't excuse the fact that I was all but useless in the forest when it came to protecting you."

Her body splayed out on the bed as she watched the two, Nightmare rolled her eyes. "I would not call keeping an eye on things and giving us a warning of when and where an impending attack was coming from as being useless."

Luna just looked between the two as she bit her lip. "But, I..."

The wizard just reached over and placed his finger on her lips. "But you didn't get a hit in, so what?" He shifted his position until he was beside her as he turned the hug into a one arm embrace, his arm hung over her shoulders. "None of us had expected what had happened to happen in the first place. Not to mention that it was over pretty bloody quickly as is."

Nim grunted as she moved up the bed until she was on Luna's opposite side from Harry as the smaller alicorn slowly nodded. Then she laid a wing across their backs. "Yes, a fact that should be learned from and rectified as we should not have been caught off guard like that so easily." She then scowled deeply. "We let down our guard far too much and nearly paid too deep a price for our mistake." Nightmare then looked over at Luna, knowing that she had understood what she had meant as Harry likely did as well. "So stop beating yourself up over what happened and concentrate on what may yet happen."

After a moment of thought, Luna nodded and let out a sigh. "You're right..." She then looked at Harry and gave him a small smile. "Both of you." The Princess of the Moon then frowned deeply. "But now it seems that we have a much larger issue than we had thought that we had..."

Her frown only deepened as she felt a small tremor go through Harry's body as he whispered a name. "Voldemort..."

The larger of the two alicorns growled deep in her throat as part of her mind went back over various tortures that she had dreamed up for the dark wizard. "Yes, it seems that not only is this self-professed 'Dark Lord' not quite as dead as some might believe, but he is also nearby." She then narrowed her eyes. "And while it is quite obvious what his primary target must be considering his state, the Stone, he also seems to have a secondary target though one of opportunity."

Harry slowly nodded as he stared at the wall in across from the bed blankly. "Me..." He then blinked as something occurred to him before he turned to the other two. "Do you think that he might have had anything to do with the broom incident?"

After a few seconds of thought, the Princess of the Night snorted, slowly having been brought out of her funk by focusing on something that she could help with. "And the troll as well most likely..." She then frowned as she remembered something before she looked at Nim. "Do you remember that conversation between Snape and Quirrel that you overheard?"

Nightmare frowned as some of the puzzle pieces in her mind fell into place and what she had seen she did not like in the least. "The one where Snape talked to him about choosing between two masters?" As Luna nodded, her frown became a scowl. "It does indeed take a whole other bent, a darker one, when examined in light of recent events, doesn't it?"

As Harry looked between the two of them, his eyes widened some in confusion. "Are you saying that Snape may somehow be involved in all this after all?"

The smaller of the two alicorns sighed as she shook her head in frustration. "We can no longer rule out that possibility any more." She then grimaced. "There no way to be sure, we simply don't have enough information regarding everything to make a sure judgement on this."

Unsure, Harry shifted somewhat uncomfortably as he looked at Nightmare. "As much as I really don't want to think about it, but couldn't you just enter his dreams and find out that way?" He really looked uncomfortable as both Luna and Nightmare looked at him. "I remember you doing something like that with the Dursleys..."

Nightmare gave a snort at that. "Yes, I did and while I normally would have done so by now in this type of situation, I cannot in this case."

Surprised, Luna looked at her, a confused expression on her face. "Why not?"

As she scowled, Nim shook her head as she gestured with one hoof. "He has some form of mental shielding that I would have trouble breaking through and have never seen before." At the questioning looks, she continued. "He has a wall around his mind keeping things out. While I could, with time, break through it, in doing so I might alert him to my entrance. Worse, I do not know if he wouldn't be able to tell that it was me who did so. And therefore it would be inadvisable for me to even try."

Harry just grimaced. "So basically we're in the complete dark as to what might be going on?"

After a moment of thought, Luna frowned and shook her head. "While not the best position to be in, we're not quite that bad." At his expression, she gave a small smile. "We have an idea as to who, what, and where. Now all that needs to be answered is the when and the how."

The wizard just grumbled. "It's somethng I guess..." He then spotted Nightmare as she smirked and felt a bit of ice slip into his stomach. "... What is it...?"

She gave a chuckle of dark amusement. "Well... you are going to have to tell the others about what generally happened... And you just know how they're going to react to it..." Both her and Luna outright laughed as Harry groaned and put his face in hs hands...
______________________________________________________________________

Harry winced and rubbed the back of his head. "Ow... That hurt, Hermione."

Said witch just scowled fiercely at him. "It was supposed to!" She then growled. "Of all the bloody stupid things you have and could have done..."

From where she laid with her head on top of a large book at the library table they were using, Tonks raised a single finger. "Personally, Harry, if I was not so beat to bloody shite due to my exams, I would be kicking your skinny arse from here to the top of the Astronomy Tower, back to here, then down to the lowest part of the dungeons before kicking it all the way back here." She then groaned. "But I can barely muster up enough energy to talk at the moment, so you better hope that I have forgotten about this once I'm not so tired. Heading out into the Forbidden Forest was absolutely idiotic."

As he rubbed the back of his head, Harry gave a sheepish laugh. "Well... it wasn't the Forbidden Forest... technically..." He cringed as the metamorphmagus shifted enough so that she balefully stared with a single bloodshot eye. "It was kind of a glade... that just happened to be on the edge of the Forest... but not the forest proper really..."

Tonks just blinked and sighed. "Hermione? If you would?" A moment later the younger witch smacked Harry in the back of the head again which caused him to yelp. "Thank you."

While he grumbled and rubbed the area he was hit, Harry turned to Neville who watched the whole thing happen. "Well? Aren't you going to back me up?"

His fellow wizard just raised an eyebrow. "Mate, if there's one thing that I have learned from having you for friends, it's that a guy does not want one witch angry with him, let alone two."

Harry glared at him. "Traitor."

The wizard shrugged and was going to say something when Nightmare popped up and patted him on the head. "Good, seems that the training is sinking in then." As he tried to swat her away, she hopped onto the table. "As to him being out in the forest... he did have some reasons for it."

Having spotted the openly questioning looks on his friends faces, Harry sighed. "Remember how my magic is all wonky? I wanted to practice it somewhere no one could see and that there would not be too much problems with collateral damage."

Hermione just gave him an even look. "And you could not use an empty classroom or your trunk for it?"

For a moment, Harry looked at her. "One, with the patrols going around at night, I would have some major issues with possibly being caught by them if I used an empty classroom. Not to mention the possible damage that I might do. As to my trunk, I have items in it that I would rather not get damaged, thank you."

The Seventh Year of the group snorted. "Harry, I doubt that any backfiring spell would be that bad."

Harry just raised an eyebrow. "The campfire starting charm."

Having spotted the winces, Tonks gave the others a look to which Neville answered. "Flitwick was teaching us it and when Harry tried to cast it, instead it was like... what did Dean call it again?"

As she facepalmed, Hermione sighed. "He thought it was a fireball spell from an RPG." She then shook her head. "I'm just thankful that no one was hurt."

The messy haired wizard then raised a finger as Luna watched on, unseen and completely amused. "And then there was the Banishing Charm... The professor had some problems getting that quill out from where it embedded itself in the wood."

After a moment, Hermione pinched the bridge of her nose. "Yes... well, I can see why you might want to practice in private then." She then gave him a look. "But the Forbidden Forest!? Honestly!"

Harry just shrugged. "Well, I tried to get a safe spot, so I asked Hagrid and-"

The tired 7th Year interrupted him as she raised a finger, wagged it around a bit, and then pointed it at him. "And that right there was a major mistake. You were asking Hagrid a question about safety." She then let it drop back to the top of the table. "Even cousin Draky's bodyguards would see what the issue with that would be."

While his eyes rolled, Harry sighed. "Getting back to the real question... what do you guys think of the rest of it?"

Neville frowned a bit. "You mean about how You-Know-Who is still alive and killing unicorns to drink their blood in order to stay alive and to gather some power?"

Then Hermione took over. "And that Professor Snape may in fact be involved as we were telling you for a while now?"

His eyes once more rolling, Harry sighed. "Yes, that." He then continued. "As well as him being after the Philosopher's Stone."

Tonks sighed as she moved her head to look at him. "There's not much that we can do." She gestured with her hand from where it was on the table. "You-Know-Who was scared of the Headmaster and so is unlikely to make a move anytime soon unless Dumbledore leaves for some reason. Best that we can do is keep an eye out for anything odd really." The metamorph then sighed as she laid her head back down. "And here I was thinking that I had until I got out of the Auror Academy before I had to deal with this kind of shite."

However, it was Nightmare's next words that chilled them all. "Well... isn't Dumbledore an important figure in the government who also presides over an international group?"

It was to everyone's surprise that it was Hermione who had swore long and hard over that little fact...