• Published 8th Aug 2017
  • 636 Views, 8 Comments

The Nightmare Children of the Night - Micro-song



Luna's tired of waking the night guards. Time for a change.

  • ...
2
 8
 636

Nightmare's new family

Author's Note:

Okay, so I had no idea on how to write in Luna turning into nightmare Moon, so I split the story into two chapters. Second one where she is nightmare Moon.

"guards!" Nightmare moon yells at the Bat-ponies in the throne room. They come over to her and bow at the foot of the throne.

"Yes? Your highness?" They said in unison.

"What is it you need?" The middle of the five asked.

"I need you to go about my kingdom, and take every little foal and filly from their home and bring them here, to my throne room. Take them no matter the cost." She demanded. The one in the middle stood up, but the other four stayed down.

"Princess? If I may?" He asked.

"Speak!" She shouts.

"How far would you like us to go?" He asks.

"Take every guard in the palace! And go to every city, every town, and every village that is inhabited by ponies, and grab every foal and filly you see!" She yells. And with a nod, he, as well as the other four Bat-ponies, were off.

---------------

"In here!" A guard yells, busting down the door of a townhouse. "By demand of our princess, Nightmare Moon, you are to hand over your children!" He yells at the mare on the other side of the room, a foal and a younger filly behind her.

"Your not getting my children!" She shouts, sending a blast of magic towards the guards. Dodging the blast of magic, one of the two guards in the room lunges forward, sinking his spear deep into the chest of the mother. Collapsing emediatly, the mare drew her last breath. Pulling his spear out of the corpse and wiping the blood off on it, the little filly and foal watch, mortified. Pushing the dead mare out of the way, the second Bat-pony grabs the children. With little struggle, he picks them up and carries them out on his back. Walking up to the cattle carriage and opening the doors, he tosses them in, then looks at the dozen other foals and filly's he's gathered. Knowing he's doing this for his mother of the night, he closes the carriage, feeling no regret.

------------

"Yes, yes!" Nightmare Moon cackles. Looking at the dozens and dozens of little foals and filly's crowding her throne room.

"What are we going here?" A filly in a corner pipes up.

"Who said that!?!" Nightmare bellows. Emediatly one of the guards points towards the filly who did. Nightmare hops down from her throne and walks over to the filly. Walking over, she notices a foal cowering behind the filly. As she walks up, she stretches out her wings and keeps them extended. Both for dramatic effect and to strike fear into the two children.

"It is none of your business why you are here!" She bellows again, getting closer and closer. All the while, the two sink deeper and deeper into the corner.

"It is not your concern why you are here! You should be honored to be in the presence of such a wonderful and magnificent princess!" She continues, her wings still extended.

After a full minute if just standing there, she contracts her wings and walks back to the throne. Nodding to the guards, the begin to hand out bowls of oats. And only to nightmare's knowledge, they contain two drops of bats blood.

"Now children!" She yells. "Welcome to the FAMILY!"

Comments ( 4 )

Hmm...
If I may ask why the changes from seemingly light-hearted comedy into take-foals-and-stab-their-parent-in-the-chest?

JackRipper
Moderator

Might want to capitalize the title. :unsuresweetie:

8352777
That's a good question :derpytongue2:

I dunno? I just wrote it the way it flows in my head. Because it was Luna, she's caring and stuff. But then, she became nightmare Moon, so she doesn't care that much. :applejackunsure:

8353454
Understandable. It just lack the transition in between Luna and NMM. You may want to read and compare your story with Smugling.

Login or register to comment