• Published 7th Aug 2017
  • 846 Views, 0 Comments

A Tree Mare - RDDash



Rainbow Dash decided to visit Fluttershy, There Rainbow remembers what Fluttershy once said. Ponies cant really become a tree...can they?

  • ...
4
 0
 846

Chapter 2

"I didn't expect you coming so late at night," Fluttershy said preparing tea caps.

"Sorry about that, It's been a busy week, " shrugged Rainbow, "you know how it is, Boss has high standards."

"Too true, are you in some kind of trouble again?"

"No no, it's nothing like that, I mean I always am happy to be your practice dummy, but I am afraid I had to disappoint you."

"Oh good!" Fluttershy beamed happily, "That's good, right" she reassured herself.

"Yep, yep" Rainbow nodded, It would seem all of the alcohol she consumed started to kick in.

Rainbow your wild side is showing again, a little self-control, please.

"Now then, anything interesting happened recently, " Rainbow tried, "Eh, you know what never mind forget it."

"Oh okay."

After a minute of awkward silence.

"I guess I just can't pull it off, to be like him I mean. I wouldn't vanish into thin air would I?"

"No, I don't think so. You look quite solid, and healthy, and, " Shy mumbled.

Rainbow put her tea cup down on the table, she felt visibly relaxed.

"Here I thought I am going to ruin something by being sappy or something."

"Rainbow?"

Rainbow Dash looked curiously at Shy. "Yes?"

"You see I was hoping you could tell me. um, who else knows about your condition I mean. I f you don't mind me asking?" she asked.

"Well you, Discord, and Jackie."

"AJ knows?" she asked

"Yeah kind of, when a furious earth pony backs you into a corner I suppose you got no other choice. And believe me I can take the punishment and everything, it just, " Rainbow cringed remembering that day. "I am afraid that the story is for another day. Someday, you, me and other girls are all going to laugh it up. Haha, Rainbow Dash you are so funny, this is some funny joke."

" Yeah I remember, something like a rapid body regeneration, right, anyway, a funny joke?"

"Yeah," Rainbow nodded her head, "wild ramblings of a crazy mare. Would you believe it if I told you? not saying that I didn't, I mean I kind of had too. " Rainbow responded. "If not me, then he would definitely spill the beans, " and then Rainbow quickly added, "Just so we clear, I assure you I don't have two hearts in my body, nope nope."

"Um, okay, but Rainbow are you going to go away?"

"What do you mean?"Fluttershy asked.

"I know that you are, um lived for a long time, and, aren't ponies going to start to ask questions?"

"Spill it," Rainbow said sharply.

"What I am saying is are you going to has to die?"

"No, " came a short response.

"No?" Fluttershy was confused.

"Yes No, I am not going anywhere, and I'll be damned even if I had to embarrass myself by becoming an Alicorn Princess."

Fluttershy giggled "An Alicorn Princess Rainbow Dash, my how shameful."

"Please, just no. Don't remind me I can't live with shame, " Rainbow said. Both ponies stared at each other and then started laughing.

"Okay! Okay! just be careful, you are leaving quite a trail. I am scared that getting to famous is going to be bad."

"I always am. Shy listen it's time for me to go, unless?"

"Unless?"

Dash shrugged, "It might be nothing but I feel like..." She felt tired and sleepy, but she needs to concentrate, something in her mind just didn't add up. She looked around the room, then looked at Fluttershy once again.

Since when Fluttershy wears a jacket? Also, why didn't I see it before? Why was her hoof bandaged? Now that I think about it what has she been doing that late at night "...something is strange. Hey Shy did you get hurt or something." Rainbow said, she curiously observed Fluttershy reaction.

"You are burning up aren't you?" Rainbow asked. Fluttershy eyes sparkled. The Point of No Return. It looks like Fluttershy already crossed hers.

"Let me see, " Rainbow demanded, taking charge.

"Um", Fluttershy squeaked unsurely.

"I said, let me see, " Rainbow repeated with the steel in her voice.

She gave up, she took her bandaged hoof, threw it away. Next, she took her jacket and pulled it down. The sight wasn't pretty, Shy's hoof was covered in tree bark, the small vein like substance pulsated across her body. Her back hoof was made of pure energy.

"I hope you are satisfied?" Fluttershy asked. The silence was her only answer. Never hearings a reply Fluttershy took her jacket back on. She took bandages and placed them back on her hoof.

Rainbow Dash still didn't say anything. She stood up and started to walk toward the exit.

She was infected with her own natural magic, It would seem that she would die soon. Her body will simply fail all of that poisoned blood with magic will burst into the wild explosion. In place of a pony, a tree will grow. Fluttershy would, in fact, become a tree like she always wanted. What a cruel joke.

Rainbow Dash was a heavy drinker, turns out right now she needs it to drink until she forgets. She needs to drink until her body would shut down from all of the poison she would receive. Only to five minutes later to wake up in agony and her body freshly restarted to life.

She didn't remember how, but she went all the way to home. She dropped her head on the bed and slept. Next day she woke up, and did exactly what she wanted, she drunk herself to death.

She didn't know how long she was knocked out, "Hey Dash are you alright?"

Rainbow blinked, "Scootaloo?"

She could only imagine how it looked for the child and a fan of all things Rainbow. She passed out on the floor, the bottle in her hoof.

"How long was I out?"

"Heck if I know, but from the looks of it, you were out cold. Now are you going to sober up or what?"

As usual, another long day has started.

Author's Note:

By contrast writing a chapter with Rainbow and Discord is a lot easier than it is to write a chapter with Shy and Rainbow.
You kind of start one thing, and then it turns out completely different.
Captain Rainbow Harkness, yeah, neigh.

The magical ability "Nature", the following ability allows ponies to have a stronger connection with the environment. Side effects include "animal speak" the skill to communicate with wild animals.
Considered to be Dark skill level 4, i.e. consumers users life energy, all the way to true death.


Thank you, everyone, for reading this chapter.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment