• Published 7th Aug 2017
  • 845 Views, 0 Comments

A Tree Mare - RDDash



Rainbow Dash decided to visit Fluttershy, There Rainbow remembers what Fluttershy once said. Ponies cant really become a tree...can they?

  • ...
4
 0
 845

Chapter 1

Rainbow landed at the front of Fluttershy's cottage. Almost as if to catch herself from loudly banging on the door, she then softly tapped on the door with her hoof.

"Fluttershy, are you home? If you aren't, I can always fly back later," sharp snapping noise was heard, door opened wide.

Rainbow Dash narrowed her eyes, Nuh, I am too tired for this. Visibly relaxed she stepped right through.

Rainbow took a glance around the room, said room looked normal enough. That was surprising, she would be sure the room would be in complete chaos by now. Did he decided to behave? Or, did he sensed that she would come here. No matter.

Deciding to get it over it as quickly as possible, Rainbow then quickly went to the table and two chairs in the center of the room. Choosing one of the chairs she pulled it and sat on it.

Chair had been designed for bipedals, Equestrian Kingdoms did have Minotaurs living in it after all. Rainbow blamed her addiction to consume intoxicating products. "What are fingers? " Really? She knew what the fingers were. That day, if she could do that instead, she would just kept her muzzle shut.

On the table there were a bottle of alcohol, and two drinking glasses. Was that an Apple Whiskey? Rainbow took the bottle, poured a glass half full, then took a sip. She quickly took notice the bottle contents didn't even emptied. Ah, here it is, thought so the old coot would do something like that.

Sniffing the air Rainbow noticed something else. To confirm her theory she glanced on the wall. On it there were a antique clock. The arrows frozen at exactly midnight. Frozen was the right word for it, she waited exactly five minutes, the arrows never moved an inch. Localized time freeze, might as well enjoy myself. She knew that for as long as he wished,nopony is going to desturb them. Wherever she was Fluttershy wasn't here, and based on the invitation that he presented her, it must be that he wanted something from her. Perhaps to talk?

At first when Princess Celestia announced that the former criminal going to be "refomed", it was only natural for her to be suspicious, and rightfully so. Some psychotic centaur got loose about the same time Poniville was visited by Cerberus. Does anyone out there check their prison cells? And guess what did Discord do next? Did the old coot fried his brains during his last experiment or something.

Rainbow sighted and took her fifth glass. Once she recognized who Discord were really was, she confronted him, they talked, previos hostility disappeared.

There weren't any pop sound, nor there any flash of light, Discord was simply there, materialized in the chair nearby. Rainbow waited.

"Not even going to say hello, " he commented.

Rainbow rolled her eyes, "Hello old man."

"Why hello to you too you look as young as ever," hearing him saying that, Rainbow narrowed her eyes.

"Oh don't be like that, here is you looking exactly the same as you ve been, several thousand years ago. " Rainbow took her sixth glass. "And here is old me stuck in stone for a what was it again 1290 years. So call me crazy, but I saw you after all that time, right here in this forsaken village."

"Aren't you?"

"I wonder, are yours so called parents really yours?"

"They are mine parents," Rainbow hissed remembering those golems, and most importantly the two ponies they were based on. The originals had been long dead, but Scootaloo and the others doesn't need to know that.

"Tsk Tsk, " she heard him saying.

"Oh get over it, one of yours old experiments is responsible for me being here, I believe you called it "potion of immortality", well congratulations it worked."

Is this what's it all about? Will the old coot ever let it go.

"And yours so called childhood years?"

"Remote controlled golem, neurolink."

"Surely you were aware of time anomaly on July 31st 987?"

Rainbow noded.

"Then?"

"Weren't my problem, " Rainbow answered coldly. "Besides what do I care what those fools will do with the future."

Rainbow remembered everything, every single alternative future. She remembered The Sombra War, she remembered the Nightmare Moon's castle, she even remembered the last one. The ash world, the Equestria that burned when Balefire bombs dropped.

"It's funny isn't it, how much ponies change given time, " said Rainbow "you went ahead and finally done it. Me, I suppose I did finally grow up, even if it took me several thousand years to do so. Speaking of Sombra, I think he finally lost it during one of his experiments with concentated crystal energy. One of yours toys. His demise, I afraid I could not stop it. However, " Rainbow tossed Sombra's horn.

Discord caught it, "Thank you, " he wispered.

Rainbow closed her eyes. "Should I tell ms egghead who you are Starssvirl?"

"No." Discord wispered

"Should I tell her what become of you?"

"No." Discord said again, this time his voice was normal.

Silence echoed in the room.

"Alright! Alright!" You've made your point,"
Discord said bitterly, and vanished. Clock started ticking again. From what Rainbow guessed her supply of wiskey now became limited.

Clock had been ticking, Rainbow started drinking at her last glass. What number it was 12? 15? 17? Rainbow couldn't remember. One thing for sure, once she would finish the last drop. Like if by some unspoken agreement, she knew that's when she and Fluttershy would meet, and she would need to be looked presentable.

Clock has been ticking. Rainbow drunk the last drop. She put the glass on the table. Empty bottle and two drinking glasses vanished from the table.

Now all that's left is to wait.

Door from outside opened.

"Oh hello Rainbow, how long have you been here?".

Rainbow smiled a soft smile. "Oh don't worry about it. Discord let me inside, and he kept me company."

"Oh that's good. I am so happy that you and him found some time with each other," Fluttershy said innocently. "would you like some tea?"

"Sure, " replied Rainbow.

Fluttershy dissapered into the kitchen, Rainbow Dash waited.

Author's Note:

About a while ago I thought, what if I create a story about a pony who had been cursed with Immortality.
That pony had two best friends Starssvirl and Sombra.
Well lottery rolled that pony is Rainbow.


Story takes place in the year 1007, Rainbow faked her birth in 982.
She was 25 when she and young Sombra sneaked into Starssvirl's laboratory.
Sombra, for the laughs, dared her to drink the potion of Immortality, marked dangerous, highly experimental. Rainbow agreed.
It took awhile to figure out that she didn't age, nor she can't die.
After Starssvirl's final demise Rainbow stole the biomechanical golems from the same laboratory.
Two adult models, and one child model.


Rainbow's magical ability called "Faker", the ability alows its user to tell a perfect lie, to be a perfect actor, nopony knows where she came from or who she really is.

Discord's magical ability called
"Mad Hatter", the ability of perfect insanity.
As a side effect the user has sinister personality, and the ability to bend reality to his will.
Other ponies are just toys for him to play with.


Thanks everyone for reading this chapter.