• Published 18th Apr 2017
  • 1,110 Views, 15 Comments

The Tale of the Three Sided Medallion - FlareGun45



After the Mane Six, Spike, and Starlight Glimmer have a dream about a mysterious cave in the Everfree Forest, they journey out to discover it's secrets, including one of Equestria's oldest friends, who's also the brother of the most evil villain.

  • ...
4
 15
 1,110

Friend or Monster?

Scorpan, Twilight, Spike, and Starlight all returned to the Castle of Friendship to cheer Scorpan up after his failed attempt to make new friends.

“Well that was a total bust.” Scorpan said upsettingly.

“I swear, some ponies wouldn’t know a good friend if they saw one.” Starlight said angrily.

“Ponyville: the town of friendship. Heh, nice song, huh?” Spike said sarcastically.

“I’m really sorry it had to go down like that, Scorpan.” Twilight said.

“No, it’s my fault for mentioning Tirek.” Scorpan admitted. “It’s not easy having an evil brother who would nearly destroy an innocent kingdom.”

“Yeah, I can relate to that.” Starlight said. “We need to fix this! We have to prove to the ponies in Ponyville that you’re not evil!”

“Shame to admit it though, I was on Tirek’s side before we came here and I discovered friendship.” Scorpan admitted.

“Yes, and I enslaved an entire village and stole their cutie marks, and then I went back in time and almost destroyed Equestria before I became reformed. What’s your point?” Starlight asked.

“No, no point.” Scorpan said. “You think you can vouch for me, Starlight?”

“Of course!” Starlight said.

“We can all vouch for you, Scorpan!” Spike said. “The question is: can you vouch for yourself?”

“Well… I can certainly try!” Scorpan said.

“That’s the spirit!” Starlight said excitedly. “But the question is… how can we do that?” She and the others started thinking.

“I got it!” Twilight cried out. “Scorpan, do you have a particular special event coming up?”

“I… don’t follow.” Scorpan said, feeling confused.

“You know… like a graduation day? The day you got your first book? The day your brother graduated from the EUP Academy?” Twilight asked. Scorpan still felt confused, so he looked over at Spike and Starlight to see if they knew what she was talking about.

“How about a birthday?” Spike suggested.

“Actually, yeah!” Scorpan said. “The day of my birth is actually tomorrow!”

“Really?” Starlight nodded. “That’s really convenient!”

“So it’s settled! We’ll throw Scorpan a birthday party!” Twilight said.

“A party of celebrating your birth?” Scorpan asked. “That does sound like fun! You think other ponies will come?”

“Are you kidding?” Twilight asked. “EVERYPONY in town can never say no to a birthday party!”

“Yeah! I remember my first birthday in Ponyville!” Spike said, feeling nostalgic. “I got a bunch of awesome gifts from my best friends… until…” Spike started to feel embarrassed, “everything got out of control, and… err… heh… I turned into a berserking adult dragon and almost destroyed Ponyville.”

“Real smooth, Spike!” Starlight teased.

“Well my SECOND birthday was much better!” Spike said. “I only got, like… seven gifts in the party, and I only grew a half a inch! I’d like to grow slowly.”

“Wait, you get gifts at a birthday party?” Scorpan asked.

“What? You never got gifts in your birthday?” Twilight asked.

“Uh, bro? What was YOUR first birthday like?” Spike asked.

“Oh, I… actually never had a birthday party before!” Scorpan said.

“WHAT?!” Twilight, Spike, and Starlight all yelled, feeling surprised.

“What? Is it traditional for you ponies?” Scorpan asked.

“IS IT TRADITIONAL?!” Pinkie yelled as she runs inside the castle really fast. “Birthday parties are the most traditionalist thing in the WHOLE WORLD!” Pinkie climbs up Scorpan stares really close towards his eyes as she squeezes his cheeks, and she cries out, “How can you NOT have had a celebration of your birthday?!” Pinkie begins shaking Scorpan’s head. “DO YOUR PEOPLE NOT EVEN CELEBRATE ANYTHING?!”

When Pinkie jumps off Scorpan’s face, Scorpan shakes his head all dizzily. He then said, “No, Pinkie Pie, we do actually have celebrations in our land. We celebrate our victories against the lands we conquered, we celebrate the anniversaries of when someone in our land has won their first duel, but we do not celebrate the days we were born.”

Pinkie gasps really hard and then screams, “WE NEED TO THROW SCORPAN A BIRTHDAY PARTY!”

“Hey, Pinkie? Can you scream a little louder? I don’t think they heard you in Yakyakastan.” Spike said sarcastically.

Pinkie inhales and was about to yell it again even louder, but Twilight immediately covers Pinkie’s mouth and says, “He was being sarcastic, Pinkie.” Twilight then glares at Spike, and he just shrugs.

“So what do you think, Scorpan?” Starlight asked. “First birthday party? You game?”

“Yeah, I love playing games!” Scorpan said excitedly.

“I mean are you down with it?” Starlight asked.

“Nah, I think I’d rather be up with it.” Scorpan said with an innocent smile. Starlight facehooves herself.

“I’m not sure if he’s being serious, or just messing with us.” Spike thought.

When the next day came, the rest of the Mane Six shows up so they can discuss the terms of Scorpan’s birthday. “Ooo! Birthday party! Birthday party! We’re going to have a Birthday Party!” Pinkie sang.

“Woo we! And this might be the most fun one yet!” Applejack said.

“I have excellent ideas for the table cloths!” Rarity said as she shows her friends a table cloth she brought with her. “It’s one that says, ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ and ‘It’s also my birthday!’ and ‘We need to make this the most fashionable party yet!’”

“Um, maybe you should leave the partying to the party experts?” Rainbow suggested as she points to Pinkie.

“I think I might have an idea!” Spike said excitedly.

“Ooo, ooo! I got something!” Pinkie shouts out with excitement. “What we need is spikey balloons! Gargoyles love pointy things, don’t they?”

“How should we know? We never met a gargoyle before Scorpan!” Rainbow reminded her.

“Alright, so you girls ready to plan a party?” Twilight asked.

“So do I help out?” Scorpan asked.

“No, silly! It’s YOUR birthday!” Pinkie informed him. “Silly little gargy! Plus we’re going to surprise you with the BEST looking party you’ve ever seen in your life! A Birthday / Welcome to Ponyville Party!”

“Yeah! Pinkie through me the same exact thing when I moved to Ponyville! It was on my birthday as well!” Rainbow informed him.

“Really?” Scorpan asked. “Did all of you have welcoming parties?”

“Well not ALL of us are from other towns.” Applejack informed him. “Some of us have lived in Ponyville for our entire lives. Like Rarity and me.”

“Mhm! But Pinkie through us each one anyway, because she was like, ‘why not’?” Rarity said.

“It’s true! That happened! I remember that!” Pinkie said.

“Really?” Scorpan asked.

“Yep! I threw one for Rarity, one for Applejack, one for Rainbow Dash, one for Fluttershy, one for me when I moved here, and even one for Twilight, and one for Starlight too!” Pinkie said excitedly.

“Wait, hang on a second.” Scorpan stopped her. “Didn’t you give Spike here a welcome party?”

“Well, it was a welcome Twilight / Spike party.” Pinkie said.

“Even though Spike’s name wasn’t on the banner.” Rainbow reminded her.

“Wait what?” Scorpan asked curiously. “How is that fair to him?”

“It’s no big deal, Scorpan!” Spike said. “I had fun at the party anyway! Made a ton of new friends in the process!”

“I see.” Scorpan nods.

“Ok, so let’s get started making the party!” Twilight said. “Scorpan, maybe you can make yourself busy and do something while we set up!”

“Anything I can do, Twilight?” Spike asked. “I really want to help decorate!”

“Actually, I thought you can go with Scorpan!” Twilight suggests. “Give you two a chance to hang out!”

“Sure! That sounds like a plan!” Spike accepts. “Scorpan, you good with that?”

“Uh, of course! Why not?” Scorpan shrugs. “Where to?”

“Anywhere you might not scare some ponies!” Spike teases. Scorpan chuckles after he says that.

“You know, there’s a really good deal at the spa!” Rarity informs them. “Maybe you two can have yourselves a 2 for 1 massage deal!”

“Great idea! I’ll go get my bits!” Spike said as he runs upstairs to his room to get his bits. Scorpan started to feel uneasy, and Twilight notices it.

“Something wrong, Scorpan?” Twilight asked.

“Huh? Oh no! I’m fine, Twilight! Thank you!” Scorpan said.

“Ok, if you say so!” Twilight said. “We’ll probably be done in about an hour, but don’t worry! After today, you’ll be making a ton of new friends!”

“I really hope so!” Scorpan nods.

Author's Note:

In one of my season 7 fake synopsis posts, I made one about the Mane Six giving Scorpan a birthday party, and the episode was mainly about Starlight trying to figure out a present for him. Now I got something different in mind!