• Published 18th Apr 2017
  • 1,109 Views, 15 Comments

The Tale of the Three Sided Medallion - FlareGun45



After the Mane Six, Spike, and Starlight Glimmer have a dream about a mysterious cave in the Everfree Forest, they journey out to discover it's secrets, including one of Equestria's oldest friends, who's also the brother of the most evil villain.

  • ...
4
 15
 1,109

No More Decisions

Meanwhile, over at the flying dragons’ lair, Ember and Starlight were talking. Starlight worryingly asks, “Please, Ember, if you have any info on where Spike might be, now would be a good time.”

“I’m sorry, Starlight, but Spike promised me not to tell you that he’s in the water dragon’s lair.” Ember said.

“Uh, you just told me where he is now.” Starlight informed her.

“Wait, I did? Oh… crud.” Ember said in defeat.

“Starlight!” Scorpan cries out as he flies down with Spike in his arms.

“Ugh! I don’t wish to see you right now, Scorpan!” Starlight said angrily to him. “I just want to know where… SPIKE!” Starlight runs over to Scorpan to check up on Spike passed out on Scorpan’s arms. “Oh no! It’s happened to him too!”

“I know, I’m sorry!” Scorpan said. “We must get Spike to-“ Starlight immediately fires a magic blast on Scorpan’s shoulder. “Ow! Hey, what’s the big ide- OW!” Starlight uses her magic to grab Spike from Scorpan’s arms, and she sets him on her back. Starlight then fires more magic blasts on Scorpan, including a giant fire fist that punches down right on him. “STARLIGHT!” Scorpan yells out. “What are you doing?!”

“This is YOUR fault!” Starlight yells as she picks Scorpan up and throws him on a pile of rocks. “If it weren’t for you, Spike wouldn’t have ran away, and he and Twilight would’ve be okay!” Starlight then throws Scorpan again, landing right on a target of a dragon fire shooting range, and a dragon immediately breathes fire on Scorpan’s hind quarters mistaking it as a target. Scorpan screams as he runs across the volcano with an ignited flank, and he jumps into the lava feeling relieved.

“Ahhhh.” Scorpan says in relief; but he immediately gets picked up by an enraged Starlight again. “Oh no, not again!” She then throws him right on Ember’s throne, and the top of the throne breaks off and lands right on top of him.

“HEY!” Ember yells. “That’s my throne!”

“Sorry, but this has become personal!” Starlight said angrily.

“Starlight…” Spike mumbles. “Starlight, please… stop. It’s not worth it. He’s not worth it.”

Just before Starlight would be able to beat up Scorpan some more, Starlight takes a deep breath and uses her magic to move the rock that was lying on top of Scorpan. Scorpan moaned in pain as he got back up on his feet. “Get up, you good for nothing monster!”

“Ok… I deserve this.” Scorpan admits as he spits out a tooth. “I shouldn’t have agreed to have Spike come with me. It was a big mistake. I’m sorry, Starlight.”

“You have A LOT to apologize for!” Starlight yells at him as she pushes Scorpan on the ground and climbs up to his face. “Listen, because of you, Twilight is sick! She isn’t eating, she isn’t doing magic, she barely moves, and the same thing has happened to Spike too!”

“I know, I know!” Scorpan admits.

“So you know about the bond, huh?” Starlight asks.

“YES! I know about the bond!” Scorpan said. “I wanted Spike to decide on his own to go back to Twilight, because I knew he would want to eventually! He wanted to! He said he wanted to go back, but then this happened to him at the worst time possible!”

“You bet your sorry burned flank it did!” Starlight yelled. “Now listen, we are going to take Spike back to Twilight, who is under intense care in Ponyville General. Once this is done, we’re done! You are never to show your face in Ponyville again, and you stay away from us, especially Spike!”

“Ok, I will!” Scorpan promises.

“Good, now let’s go!” Starlight said angrily as Scorpan stands back up, and Starlight climbs on his back so he can ride them back to Ponyville.

“Will Spike be okay?” Ember asked worryingly.

“I seriously hope so.” Starlight said in worry, and then Scorpan flies out of the Dragon Lands as fast he could. Starlight held Spike close to her to keep him secure, and all the talking Starlight did was to Spike, assuring him that he will be okay and that they’ll be back in Ponyville soon; but Starlight didn’t say a word to Scorpan, and he didn’t say anything back.

After a few hours, Scorpan lands in front of Ponyville General, and Starlight climbs off Scorpan with Spike on her back. Both Starlight and Scorpan run into the hospital to find Twilight. Inside Twilight’s room, Twilight was surrounded by her friends, her family, and the princesses who all worried for her.

“Oh, Twilie.” Shining Armor said worryingly. “I should’ve stopped him when I had the chance!”

“There is no need for regrets.” Cadance comforted him. “Starlight will be back with Spike soon.”

“Ah hope so, this is becomin’ too much for me.” Applejack said.

“I don’t want Twilight’s ‘Feel Better’ Party or Spike’s Welcome Back party to be cancelled!” Pinkie freaked out. “Such a waste of perfect cake and balloons!”

“Uh, I think wasting cake is the least of our problems right now, Pinkie.” Rainbow informed her.

“Hey, there are foals starving in the slums of Manehattan that would kill for some cake!” Pinkie informs her. “Ooo, maybe I should throw a slums party at Manehattan for all the homeless ponies!”

“Not helping right now, Pinkie.” Applejack informed her.

“Oh, sorry.” Pinkie said upsettingly.

“In all things considered, Twilight looks really peaceful right now.” Fluttershy said, trying to act positive.

“Yeah, if you get rid of all the wires she has on her hooves and that ugly looking hospital gown, I’d agree.” Rarity said.

Just then, the door slams open with Starlight and Scorpan coming in with Spike. “We’re here!” Starlight yells. “And we have Spike!”

“Quickly, put him near Twilight!” Celestia orders her. Starlight quickly walks over to Twilight to set Spike down next to her. As some of Twilight’s friends were happy to see Spike back, some were angry to see Scorpan again.

“Uh, what’s HE doin’ here?” Applejack asked angrily.

“Yeah, you have the nerve coming back here, busto!” Rainbow said as she pokes Scorpan’s nose.

“I know I made a mistake.” Scorpan admits.

“You sure made a lot more than a mistake… Scorpan.” Applejack glares at her.

“Yeah, Scorpan!” Pinkie said angrily. “We’re saying your name angrily because we’re angry at you!”

“I know, and I’m sorry.” Scorpan said. “How many times do I have to say it?”

“You took our Spikey-Wikey away from us, and you got both him and Twilight sick!” Rarity explained. “You have A LOT to apologize for!”

“But you’re the icons of friendship in Equestria. I’m sure you can forgive me.” Scorpan said.

“It might take a lot of time for you to earn our forgiveness.” Applejack said.

“I know the bond he and Twilight have.” Scorpan said. “I kept asking him to come back, but I wanted to give him a choice!”

“And look where that got you.” Rainbow said.

“I have to agree, Scorpan.” Celestia said. “This is a pretty grave mistake on your part.”

“In this case, you might not be so better off than Tirek.” Luna said.

“We should put you to Tartarus for this!” Shining yelled.

“I wouldn’t blame any of you one bit.” Scorpan said in sorrow.

“Ugh.” Twilight moans as she starts to wake up. All her friends quickly went over to her to see her wake up. Once she opens her eyes, she sees all her friends on top of her. “Ok, this is making me feel a little uncomfortable.” She commented.

“TWILIGHT!” Everypony yells as they all give her a hug.

Twilight was enjoying the hug at first, but being surrounded by all her friends, it’s barely making her breathe. “Ok, maybe there is such a thing as too much love!” Once everypony lets go of Twilight, she notices Spike yawning in front of her. She gasps in surprise. “SPIKE!” Twilight cried out in excitement. She then grabs him and gives him a big hug, and their friends join with them.

“Ok, maybe there is such a thing as too much love.” Spike commented as he was barely able to breathe either.

“Spike! I’m so glad you’re back!” Twilight cried.

“Oh Spikey, we’re never letting you go again!” Rarity said.

“It wasn’t really fun without our number one dragon around!” Pinkie said.

“Where were you all this time?” Fluttershy asked.



“Crystal Empire first, obviously, and then Changeling Kingdom!” Pinkie said.

“I’m guessing the other one was the Dragon Lands.” Rainbow assumed.

Spike shrugs. “They pretty much answered your question, Twilight!”



Twilight giggles and says with tears in her eyes, “Spike, I’m so happy you’re back! You have no idea how devastated I was when you left!”

“We all were.” Applejack admitted.



“If we all we knew what the main reason why you came to the Crystal Empire in the first place.” Cadance said.

“I know, I’m sorry.” Spike said. “I really didn’t want to leave in the first place. I missed you, Twilight! I missed all of you!”

“All of you as in all of Twilight, or all of us?” Pinkie asked.


“But a lot has happened when I was gone that makes me glad I went!” Spike said. “I found myself!” Everypony just looked at him and eachother curiously.



“Sooo, you went into the mirror pond?” Pinkie asked.

“No, it means I know where I came from!” Spike explained. “I found the old nest where my egg was originally near the Changeling Kingdom; and then over at the Dragon Lands, I met my parents! I met my entire family! I have so many brothers and sisters!”

“That’s fantastic, Spike!” Twilight said excitedly.

“Ah hope you’re not lookin’ to surpass the Apple family’s numbers.” Applejack teased.

“Maybe!” Spike smirks at her. “And I learned something about myself too! I’m actually a water dragon!”

“I guess that would explain your lack of wings.” Rainbow said.

“But what about you, Twilight?” Spike asked. “What have you done since I was gone?”

“Well… not a crazy adventure like you’ve been on, heh.” Twilight said embarrassingly. “Pretty much just, uh…”

“She was a hooffull; wouldn’t stop reading. She wouldn’t even go outside.” Starlight said.

“She did miss quite a few summits.” Luna said.

“Well now that Spike is back, my life is back to normal! Our lives back to normal!” Twilight said. “I’m glad you found your origins, Spike, but I was still devastated.”

“I know, and I shouldn’t have left.” Spike said. “I’m sorry, Twilight.”

“No, I’m sorry.” Scorpan said. “I knew full well of his bond with you, Twilight, and I didn’t explain it to him just so he would be happy; but at what cost was it?”

“What bond? What are you talking about?” Spike asked.

“Dragon eggs hatch through their parents’ love.” Celestia explained. “When their eggs are hatched, that have bond towards their mother and father. They can’t be away for too long, or both the child and the parents would go into a deep coma. The average dragon can only go a few hundred years away from their parents.”

“But he was only gone for a month.” Fluttershy said.

“The younger the dragon is, the more bonded they are to their parents.” Celestia said. “Since Twilight was the one that hatched Spike, she’s… technically his mother.”

“Wow, and you were a mom at a quite young age, Twilie!” Shining teases her.

“I hope Spike wasn’t too much of a hooffull as Flurry Heart is to us!” Cadance giggles.

“Oh he was an angel!” Twilight teases.

“Heh, I know that face!” Spike smirks at her.

“So what about you then?” Twilight asks as she glares at Scorpan. “Are you actually going to come through, or do you have to leave again?”

“No!” Scorpan said. “I’m not leaving again, yet. I don’t want Spike to go through that again.”

“So you’ll do it then?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, I’ll do it.” Scorpan promises. “I’m not just saying it this time. I’m actually going to do it. I’m going to see my brother first thing tomorrow and at least try to make peace with him.”

“That’s great, Scorpan!” Spike said excitedly. Everypony cheers for Scorpan, congratulating him on finally pulling through.

“However, I can’t go alone.” Scorpan adds.

“We’ll go with you to Tartarus, Scorpan!” Applejack suggests.

“Absolutely! But what should I wear for the occasion? Something nasty. I don’t want to attract the other prisoners.” Rarity said.

“Oh, I don’t think I want to go.” Fluttershy said.

“We’ll be fine, Fluttershy!” Rainbow said. “The place is well protected! Nopony’s going to touch us; and if they try, we’ll turn those inmates into burnt crisps on plates!”

“So you all better get ready for tomorrow.” Celestia suggests.

“Indeed.” Luna agrees. “Tartarus isn’t a place that knows harmony and friendship. You’ll be safe there with us and the guards, but I don’t want to be held responsible for whatever nightmares you might posses over there.” The ponies start to get nervous, especially Fluttershy.

“Um, I think that’s too over the top, sister.” Celestia suggests.

Luna chuckles, “It was worth a shot!”

“Well, it’s good to be back, mom!” Spike said as he hugs Twilight.

“It’s good to have you back as well, son!” Twilight said as she hugs back.

“Let’s never call each other that again.” Spike suggests.

“Oh definitely not!” Twilight agreed.

Author's Note:

The last chapter of Act 4! That was a loooooong one! I'll make sure Act 5 won't be as long, or take as long to make!