• Published 18th Apr 2017
  • 1,109 Views, 15 Comments

The Tale of the Three Sided Medallion - FlareGun45



After the Mane Six, Spike, and Starlight Glimmer have a dream about a mysterious cave in the Everfree Forest, they journey out to discover it's secrets, including one of Equestria's oldest friends, who's also the brother of the most evil villain.

  • ...
4
 15
 1,109

Breakfast With Scorpan

ACT 3: Reformations and Destinies

When the next day came, Spike was sleeping peacefully on his bed, but he awoken by a sensational scent. “Mmm.” The smoke fumes ask Spike to come, so Spike’s tail starts spinning like a propeller as he begins floating out of his room, down the halls, right past a confused Owlowiscious, and down to the dining room where his eyes suddenly open in excitement as he yells, “CANDYSTONE WAFFLES!” He then suddenly falls on the floor with a thump, face-first, and then he climbs up to his seat and sees the gemstone waffles sitting right in front of him. “Twilight! Thank you! Thank you for making my favorite breakfast for me! But how did you know how to make them?! I never taught you!”

“She didn’t.” Scorpan said as the strange gargoyle statue from across the room turns back into Scorpan.

“WHOA!” Spike gets startled. “How did you do that?”

“I’m a gargoyle, Spike.” Scorpan said. “Us gargoyles can turn into stone. Sorry if I startled you.”

“Wait, you made these?” Spike asked.

“Candystone waffles are a favorite cuisine back in my homeland.” Scorpan said. “I’m not sure if you noticed, but us gargoyles can eat gemstones too!”

“You can?” Spike asked.

“Yep!” Scorpan said as he sits down on a chair across from Spike, and in front of Scorpan lies another plate of candystone waffles. “Ponies would be able to enjoy gemstones as much as we do,” Scorpan ties a bib around his neck, “but they have such fragile teeth.”

“Yeah, heh!” Spike chuckles. “One time, Pinkie Pie’s sister Maud was in town with some candy stones, Pinkie was so angry that she wasn’t able to eat them! She calls them the candy from Tartarus!”

“I can see why!” Scorpan said.

“Yeah, but Pinkie’s sister scares me.” Spike said. “She has the teeth of a dragon! She’s the only pony I know that has strong enough teeth to eat gemstones.”

“No way!” Scorpan said surprisingly.

“Yeah way!” Spike said as he takes a bite of the waffles. “Mmm! These waffles are really good, dude! Why did you make them?”

“Well, number one reason, I was craving them!” Scorpan said. “But the second reason, it’s an apology for yesterday. I really stressed you out with all my questions.”

“Ehh, all water under the bridge, as Fluttershy always says.” Spike said.

“Yeah, you really have some good friends, Spike!” Scorpan said.

“Yep!” Spike said as he takes another bite. “But you do have a point about one thing.”

“Oh yeah?” Scorpan asked.

“Yeah, you right about- OW! I bit my lip! OW! That really hurt!” Spike cried.

“Are you alright?” Scorpan asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine, but it’s going to be much easier to bite my lip again later. It’s so annoying how that works.” Spike said, and Scorpan nods. “So yeah, you were right about me trying to figure out what my destiny is.”

“I thought you were happy being Twilight’s assistant?” Scorpan asked.

“I am!” Spike said. “I’m not going to stop doing that! But that’s true, I am a dragon in a pony world, I have to be here for a reason. Why did I come here? What is my purpose in the pony world?”

“To be the comedic sidekick and punching bag?” Scorpan teases.

“Not funny.” Spike said, feeling insulted. “I’m so glad I haven’t been the target of bad luck ever since Starlight moved in.”

“Sorry about that.” Scorpan said.

“No problemo.” Spike said. “Anyway, I’m going to be out of the castle today to visit the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Maybe they can help me out.”

“You sure they’ll be able to help?” Scorpan asked.

“There is nopony that could help me out more in this situation than Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo!” Spike said. “I really believe they can help.”

“Well, then I wish you the best of luck, bro!” Scorpan said as he gave Spike a thumb up. “I do hope you find what you’re looking for in life.”

“I do as well.” Spike said. “How about you, bro? What’s your plan for today?”

“Twilight and the others are going to start teaching me how to reform today.” Scorpan said. “I hope to learn as much as I can. They’re my only hope in reuniting with Tirek.”

“Well best of luck to you as well!” Spike said. “There are no better friendship teachers in all of Equestria than Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and the others who I don’t feel like naming because I think you get the picture.”

Scorpan chuckles. “Oh I do, Spike! I do very much so!” Scorpan raises his orange juice glass in the air and says, “A toast to friendship!”

“To reaching our goals!” Spike said with his glass in the air. They try to cling their glasses together, but the table is so wide that they can’t reach each other. “Umm… cling?”

“Cling!” Scorpan said.

After breakfast was done, Spike and Scorpan went their separate ways to perform what they have planned. As Spike heads out of the castle to visit the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Twilight takes Scorpan to visit each of her friends, so they each can provide a unique lesson for him. Scorpan and Twilight started to chat as they walked through Ponyville.

“Now, Scorpan, are you ready for your first reforming lesson?” Twilight asked.

“I’ve been ready since I summoned you to Star Swirl’s cave!” Scorpan said.

“I hope so!” Twilight said. “I hope you’re enjoying Ponyville so far! I’m really happy to see you and Spike have been really getting along!”

“Of course, I think of him as a brother!” Scorpan said. “He’s been such a good friend ever since I moved here; and the castle has been comfortable too! I love that giant bed you made for me!”

“Made of very comfortable, yet rough hay from Sweet Apple Acres!” Twilight said.

“Yep!” Scorpan agreed. “Sorry for breaking the original bed that was in that room. As you noticed, I’m not really pony-sized.”

“In all honesty, I pictured you to be a lot bigger.” Twilight teases as they both laugh. Scorpan’s size is more or less the same as Trouble Shoes, but maybe a little taller and wider. The first pony they go to is Rainbow Dash. She and her friend Gilda fly down from her house to greet Scorpan.

“Scorpaaaan!” Rainbow Dash greeted him as she gives him a hoof-bump. “How’s it hanging?”

“How’s what hanging?” Scorpan asked.

“You!” Rainbow said.

“Umm…” Scorpan didn’t know what to say since he didn’t know what she was talking about.

“Nevermind.” Rainbow said. “Scorpan, this is my oldest friend, Gilda the Griffon!”

“What’s up? You look pretty cool for a non-griffon.” Gilda said.

“Thanks!” Scorpan said. “It’s been ages since I’ve seen another griffon!”

“Can we hurry this up, Dash?” Gilda complains. “I want to hang some more before I head to the meeting in Canterlot. This ‘ambassador’ thing is a super boring job.”
“This won’t take long as all, Gilds! Once we’re done, I can show you some sick tricks I learned at Wonderbolts training!” Rainbow said as she spins around in the air. “Now listen up, Scorpan, and listen up good!” She boops him on the nose. “My friend Gilda here, she wasn’t always the kind griffon you see before you.”

“Just get to the point, Dash.” Gilda rolls her eyes in boredom.

“Well, my point is,” Rainbow explains, “she was really grouchy and mean since the other griffons at Griffonstone were pretty much a bad influence on her, and she puts her grouchiness out on my friends. But when Pinkie Pie and I were summoned by the Friendship Map to get to Griffonstone to help rebuild their society, Gilda remembered how much of a true friend I’ve always been to her, and then she was no longer mean to my friends! And because of her, Griffonstone isn’t AS grouchy as it used to be. Still a little bit, but not too much. Isn’t that right, Gilds?”

“Not very proud to admit it, but it’s true.” Gilda said. “I’ve finally seen the… hmph…” She cringes. “…error of my ways. Not that there was much wrong with me before, I mean come on! If you’ve seen the other Griffons, they were waaaaaaay meaner than I was!” She chuckles. Everyone just looks at her awkwardly. She clears her throat and continues, “Well, once Pinkie Pie reminded me how much of a true friend Rainbow Dash was to me, I guess you can say I was, you know, ‘reformed’, if that’s what you want to call it. Now we’re sisters to the beak again!”

“You got it, sister!” Rainbow and Gilda high-hoof.

“So, Scorpan, what do you think?” Twilight asks.

Scorpan nods his head and says, “So I guess I might have to remind Scorpan how much he means to me. That would reform him?”

“It could.” Twilight corrects him. “That’s one of the things you can do, but every reforming process uses a different tactic. I can show you what I mean when we get to Fluttershy’s.”

“Alright! Thanks for the help, Rainbow Dash! You too, Gilds!” Scorpan said.

“No, dude, no.” Gilda shakes her head. “Only Dash can call me that.”

As Twilight and Scorpan made their way to Fluttershy’s cottage, Spike heads over to the Cutie Mark Crusaders Tree House. Inside, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle start up another crusader meeting.

“Here thee, here thee! The two-hundredth and forty-seven meeting of the Cutie Mark Crusaders is now in session!” Apple Bloom starts the meeting.

“Why bother keep doing these meetings, Apple Bloom?” Scootaloo asks. “We haven’t done that much Cutie Mark Crusadering in a long time.”

“Yeah, I mean, what’s the point?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Mah point is, we need to talk about a strategy to get us back on track again.” Apple Bloom answered. “Yes, ponies in town haven’t been askin’ for cutie mark help lately, but that’s okay! Ah got the perfect solution to our problems!” She smiles with glee.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle look at each other confusingly, and Scootaloo comments, “Which is…”

“Cutie Mark Crusaders goin’ nation-wide!” Apple Bloom cries out in excitement.

“You mean travel all over Equestria to find cutie mark help?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Ex-actly!” Apple Bloom said. “So what do you girls think?” Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo both glare at her.

“Didn’t we have this conversation already?” Sweetie Belle asked. “Didn’t we say before that we’re too young to do that?” Just then there was a knock on the door. “Ooo! Looks like somepony wants some cutie mark help!” She said excitedly.

“Either that, or its Snips and Snails pranking us again.” Scootaloo said.

“Come in!” Apple Bloom yells out. The door opens, and in comes Spike.

“SPIKE!” Sweetie Belle cried out in excitement. “I’m so glad you’re here!”

“Um, WE are so glad you’re here.” Scootaloo corrected her.

“Oh, well, I didn’t want to… you know… speak for you two!” Sweetie Belle blushes in embarrassment.

“It’s nice to see you too, crusaders!” Spike said. “It’s also nice to be seen!” He says snarkily. Sweetie Belle giggles, but the others just look at Sweetie Belle awkwardly.

“So what brings you here, Spike?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Well, I… you know, I actually wanted to talk to you about something… you know… personal.” Spike said nervously.

“How personal?” Scootaloo asked curiously.

“Well, since you’re the Cutie Mark Crusaders and all,” Spike begins, “and are good at helping others find their destinies, and since you did this sort of thing with a griffon before. I was wondering…”

“You want us to help you find yours?” Apple Bloom guesses.

“Yeah!” Spike answers. “I mean I’m not asking for a cutie mark, since… you know… dragons can’t get them.”

“Well that’s easy!” Scootaloo said as she walks over to Spike and puts her arm around him. “You want to know what your destiny is? Well you’ve come to the right fillies! There is nopony that knows destiny better than us!”

“Ah wouldn’t say THAT.” Apple Bloom comments.

“My point is, Spike, no matter if you’re a pony or not, everyone has a destiny!” Scootaloo said. “And I think I might just know what your destiny is!”

“You do?!” Spike asks in excitement.

“Absolutely!” Scootaloo said. “You’re good at helping ponies, right?”

“And other dragons and changelings too if you count them!” Spike added.

“Even better!” Scootaloo said. “And since you’re really good at helping others, and our last non-pony client is also good at helping others out, we shall dub thee...” Scootaloo places a crusaders cloak around Spike and ties it up. “…Spike, the first official DRAGON Cutie Mark Crusader! Yay, Spike! Woo hoo!” Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom both look at Scootaloo awkwardly. “What?” Scootaloo asks.

“Um, yeeeeeah.” Spike said awkwardly as he removes the cloak from his neck. “I appreciate the offer and all, and it would be nice helping ponies out like you guys do, but I don’t really know much about Cutie Marks like you, nor do I really care. I just want to know what my purpose in life is.”

“Well, we can do that too!” Scootaloo said.

“It’s a shame. It would’ve been nice to have you with us!” Sweetie Belle admits.

“But regardless, we will help you find your special purpose in life!” Apple Bloom said. “Although… ah thought your purpose in life was to help Twilight out?”

“Yeah, Starlight asked me the same thing.” Spike said. “I LOVE being Twilight’s number one assistant, and I never want to stop doing it, but I just think there might be more to my life than just that.”

“What about you being a hero of the Crystal Empire?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“That’s not really a destiny. That’s just a good deed.” Spike corrects them. “I didn’t even know what I was doing half the time, and the first time I wouldn’t have been able to make it without Princess Cadance saving me and the heart.”

“Well, if you really want us to help you find your purpose in like, Spike, we’ll do it! We never say no to a pony- err, dragon in need!” Apple Bloom said.

“Thanks, crusaders!” Spike said. “So where should we start?”

“We start how we always start!” Apple Bloom said.

Then, all the crusaders yell out, “THE CRUSADERS CHART!” As they show Spike their chart of different activities. Spike felt so optimistic of all the different options he has!

Author's Note:

I'm really liking the brotherly bond that Spike and Scorpan are having! I really wanna see something like this in the main show if Scorpan ever appears! Did you know that in MLP Generation 1, Spike was a close friend of Scorpan? Also, did you know Scorpan and Tirek were originally not brothers, but Scorpan was a human prince that had a curse on him by Tirek? Also Spike used to be one of Tirek's minions! G4 Spike really got off easy, huh? XD The title of this chapter is a reference to an old program I used to watch called "Breakfast with Bear", some short specials that used to come on Playhouse Disney!