• Published 18th Apr 2017
  • 1,109 Views, 15 Comments

The Tale of the Three Sided Medallion - FlareGun45



After the Mane Six, Spike, and Starlight Glimmer have a dream about a mysterious cave in the Everfree Forest, they journey out to discover it's secrets, including one of Equestria's oldest friends, who's also the brother of the most evil villain.

  • ...
4
 15
 1,109

Tirek's Return

ACT 5: Brothers Unite

The news of Spike being back and Twilight feeling better spreads all over Ponyville very quickly, and Pinkie throws a big party for Spike’s return and Twilight getting cured!

“We’re so glad you’re back, Spike!” Sweetie Belle said excitedly.

“Eeyup!” Big Mac agreed.

“Where have you been this whole time?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Did you fight any monsters where you were?” Scootaloo asked.

“Ok, fine, I’ll tell the story one more time!” Spike said. “Sweet Celestia, everypony is asking for the same exact thing!”

Over where Twilight was watching Spike hanging out with some friends, she smiles at the fact that he’s back. Scorpan walks over to her with a piece of cake. “Hello, Twilight!” Scorpan said. “Feeling better, I see!”

“Oh I’m feeling much better!” Twilight said. “I’m just glad to see Spike again! My life was a mess when he left.”

“I know, and I apologize once again for being the cause of it.” Scorpan said upsettingly. “I didn’t want any of this to happen.”

“Well, in all things considered, it worked out for the best!” Twilight said. “We all learned a little something about this experience! I learned how much I need Spike in my life, and he learned about his origins!”

“And I learned not to take you and your friends for granted.” Scorpan said.

“We can drink to that!” Twilight agreed as she and Scorpan clanged glasses and took a sip of their punch. He then grabs the cake off his plate with his claws and eats it all in one gulp. “Uh, shouldn’t you use a fork for that?”

“The forks are too tiny for me to hold.” Scorpan said. “Besides, cake is finger food for my size.”

Twilight giggles. “Yeah, that’s true. So are you sure you’re ready to reunite with your brother after all these years?”

“Don’t make me change my mind, alright? I said I’d do it.” Scorpan said.

“Ok, alright, I’m sorry! Let’s just enjoy the party. We have a long day tomorrow!” Twilight said.

“Absolututly!” Pinkie said. “Today fun, tomorrow dangerous adventures, and then the next day FUN AGAIN!”

“Or maybe another dangerous adventure the next day!” Rainbow informed her.

“Oh, please, just one would be fine.” Fluttershy hoped.

“Hey, I’m just saying, it’s possible!” Rainbow said.

“Well, let’s hope not.” Applejack said. “Ah don’t really feel so good about this adventure to be honest.”

“What’s wrong? You sick, AJ?” Pinkie asked.

“Wha- no!” Applejack said.

“Well all this is going to be is a family reunion, right?” Rarity asked. “Scorpan would just do what we taught him, and Tirek will be reformed, just like every other villain we’ve faced!”

“Err, not EVERY villain.” Applejack informs her.

“So what’s the big deal?” Rainbow asked. “If he doesn’t want to forgive Scorpan, he can just stay in the cell for the rest of his life.”

“And then what’s goin’ to happen with Scorpan then?” Applejack asked.

“Applejack does make a good point.” Fluttershy said. “Scorpan’s counting on our advice to work.”

“And it will!” Rainbow said. “Since when did our plans ever fail?”

“I really wish you didn’t say that.” Fluttershy said worryingly.

After a few hours, the party ends, and everypony returns home. Twilight, Spike, Starlight, and Scorpan all returned to their rooms for a good night sleep to get ready for the next day.

Meanwhile, over at Tartarus, a strange figure sneaks around the prison gates. Cerberus is fast asleep, but as the strange figure sneaks by, one of the heads start to feel a strange disturbance in their mist, and they started to wake up. However, they weren’t awake for long, as the strange figure places an enchanted harp down next to them, and it starts to play music. The relaxing music puts Cerberus right back to a deep sleep, which gave the strange figure the chance to move into the prison. Tartarus is filled with monsters that endangered Equestria, including bugbears, wasp creatures, a giant sphinx, Grogar, and even though worst of them all in the most secure cage in the prison: Lord Tirek himself. He was still trapped in there with his enchanted chains and all.

“Pssst!” The strange figure tries to get Tirek’s attention. “Psssst! Psssssssst!”

“I hear you! I’m not interested!” Tirek said feeling annoyed.

“I want to help you out of here.” The figure whispered.

“Uh huh, cool story sis.” Tirek said, not buying it. “Now leave me alone.”

“Don’t you want to get out of here and have revenge on those who brought you here?” The figure asked. “I can help you gain power again! You can drain all the magic from all the ponies in Equestria yet again, but only with my help, as well as the help of every other prisoner in Tartarus.”

“Who are you?” Tirek asked curiously.

“My name… is Queen Chrysalis.” The figure revealed herself.

“You’re the Changeling Queen.” Tirek said.

“No, I’m the ice cream pony.” Chrysalis said sarcastically.

“What do you want with me? My love? I have none.” Tirek said.

Chrysalis chuckles evilly and says, “No, I don’t need your love. I want the love of everypony else. With their magic gone AND their love gone, they won’t stand a chance! However, my hive has… turned against me, and therefore shall pay for their treachery! They will fall, as well as the rest of the Equestria! We must work together to get what we desire.”

“Oh yeah?” Tirek asks with a mischievous smile. “Well, perhaps we can work something out. We must try to get the other prisoners on our side though in order for this work. Plus, I think I might know someone who’s willing to help me out!”

“Oh yeah? Who might that be?” Chrysalis asked.

Tirek takes a deep breath and chuckles. “My brother… he stirs! I can feel it! I see you, brother! You want to reunite with me, you think you can reform me!” He chuckles again. “Oh don’t you worry, Scorpan. We’ll be together again! Come and find me!”

Scorpan gasps as he wakes up from his bed sweating up a storm and breathing heavily. He quickly walked over to the bathroom to wash his face, and he looked at himself in the mirror seeing his paranoid bloodshot eyes.

Spike yawns as he sees Scorpan in the bathroom. “Scorpan?” He asks.

“AH!” Scorpan yells in surprise. “Oh, Spike, you startled me, buddy!”

“What’s wrong?” Spike asked.

“Oh… just a nightmare.” Scorpan said.

“Yeah, I know how that feels, but I’ve faced them! That’s how I got to you in the first place, remember?” Spike reminds him.

“No, this is different.” Scorpan said. “This isn’t just a nightmare… it’s a vision.”

“Like the ones you gave my friends and I to come find you?” Spike asked.

“Yes, exactly that!” Scorpan said. “I’m not the only one that knows that trick. My brother, Tirek, he sent me a message.”

“What’s going on?” Spike asked. “Does he know you’re here?”

“I don’t know, but he knows I’m around, and he knows my plan.” Scorpan explains. “He knows I’m going to try to reform him.”

“So what are we going to do?” Spike asked.

“I have to go.” Scorpan said. “He’s expecting me, so I have to go confront him.”

“That’s crazy!” Spike said. “He’s in prison, and don’t you want Twilight and the others with you too?”

“No, it’s too risky. Something ain’t right.” Scorpan said. “It’s not just that though. Queen Chrysalis is there.”

“What?!” Spike asked in surprise.

“I know, what?!” Scorpan agreed.

“What is she doing there? I hope she’s turning herself in!” Spike said.

“No, she’s trying to break my brother out, and she’s going to use the other Tartarus prisoners against Equestria.” Scorpan said.

“That’s terrible!” Spike yelled. “We have to tell Twilight immediately!”

“No! There’s no time!” Scorpan stops him.

“Uh, yeah, all we have to do is wake her up and explain the news, it shouldn’t take more than a minute as long as she doesn’t talk back right away.” Spike said.

“No, if we tell her, she’ll tell Celestia, and then they’ll devise a plan.” Scorpan explained. “She won’t let me go in this case. Perhaps if I go there now, I might be able to stop Chrysalis in time.”

“Well you’re not going alone.” Spike said.

“Spike, I have to. It’s too dangerous.” Scorpan said.

“I don’t care!” Spike said as he grabs his arm. “I’m not going to let my brother go alone! Please, Scorpan!” Scorpan sees Spike’s puppy-dog eyes, and not even he is immune to them.

Scorpan sighs and says, “Just stay close to me, and do exactly as I say.”

“I will.” Spike promises.

“I’m not kidding.” Scorpan said in a serious tone. “Whatever I tell you to do, you do it. If I tell you to abandon me and save yourself, you’ll do it. I will not let harm come to you again, Spike. I made a promise to both you and Twilight about that.”

“I promise to do exactly as you say.” Spike swears. “Now, come on! Time’s a-wasting!” Scorpan nods. “Oh, but hold on. We should at least leave a note to Twilight.”

“Agreed.” He nods.

So Spike quickly leaves a note to leave behind for Twilight right on her night stand before he and Scorpan fly off to Tartarus. The note reads:

“Dear Twilight,

Scorpan and I went to get a head start to Tartartus to confront his brother. Scorpan had a dream, or more of a vision, about Tirek getting broken free by Queen Chrysalis, and she plans to team up with all the prisoners in Tartarus to take over Equestria. Tirek also knows of Scorpan’s intentions of reforming him, so we headed over to stop Chrysalis before it is too late. I don’t know what will happen, but if we fail, you might have an entire monstrous army heading your way. Do whatever you need to do to save Equestria, as you always do. Best of luck! I wish for all of us the best!

-Spike”

“Oh my gosh! This is terrible!” Fluttershy said nervously after she and her friends hear Twilight read the letter to them the next morning.

“I’ll say! But however strong these monsters are, we can take them! Right, girls?” Rainbow asked.

“No,” Twilight said, “this is an entire prison of very dangerous monsters teaming up against us! If Chrysalis comes through with the team up, Equestria won’t stand a chance!”

“So what do we do, Twilight?” Applejack asked.

“I don’t know, but we have to tell Celestia and Luna immediately!” Twilight said.

“Oooooh! Why did Spike leave us AGAIN for that monster?!” Rarity asked angrily.

“We have no time to worry about that right now. We have to go!” Starlight said. So everypony gets their stuff packed, and using Twilight and Starlight’s combined magic, all seven of them teleport over to Canterlot in a blink of an eye.

Author's Note:

This is the moment we've been waiting for! This is the climax of the story! Act 5, the final act! Scorpan and Lord Tirek will finally reunite after all these years! Will it all work out for the best? I seriously hope so!