• Published 18th Apr 2017
  • 1,109 Views, 15 Comments

The Tale of the Three Sided Medallion - FlareGun45



After the Mane Six, Spike, and Starlight Glimmer have a dream about a mysterious cave in the Everfree Forest, they journey out to discover it's secrets, including one of Equestria's oldest friends, who's also the brother of the most evil villain.

  • ...
4
 15
 1,109

Even More Decisions

Two weeks and a half weeks went by since Spike and Scorpan arrived at the hive, and Spike was hanging out with Thorax at his throne room as Scorpan decided to help out the local changeling population with their daily life. They were really thankful for his help, and it made Scorpan feel good inside. That good feeling went away when she saw a familiar looking figure up ahead being escorted by some changeling guards.

“King Thorax would love to see you, Starlight Glimmer!” One of the guards said.

“Well, Twilight’s been a hoof-full lately, so I wanted to stop in on an old friend, and maybe he could help me out with a problem we’re having back in Ponyville.” Starlight explained.

Starlight walked right passed Scorpan in his statue form, and luckily she didn’t notice him. Once he turns back into flesh, he says to himself, “I gotta warn Spike!” Scorpan quickly takes a shortcut back to the throne room.

Meanwhile in the throne room, Thorax and Spike were hanging out, laughing at Spike’s story. “No, that wasn’t the best part!” Spike said excitedly. “After the mayor accidently dropped the scrolls, that was when I sneezed and all the scrolls completely disappeared!”

Thorax continued laughing. “Was THAT the best part?”

“No, no, the best part is coming!” Spike said. “The mayor got so furious that she had to start all over again! I did apologize though, but she said it was her clumsiness that did it.”

“Umm, was that the best part?” Thorax asked confusingly.

“Can you let me finish?” Spike complained. “Ok, this happened right after the mayor was done with the second batch of scrolls, but then, that was when Princess Celestia showed up, and she gave the mayor the scrolls I accidently sneezed up!”

“HA!” Thorax started hysterical laughing again. “I get it! I get it! It’s because your firebreath actually sends stuff to her!”

“Right?!” Spike asked as he laughed along. “The mayor now had TWO batches of the same scrolls! So she did all that work for nothing! It was classic!”

As the two were laughing, Spike suddenly stopped as he started to feel a little nauseous. Thorax noticed it and started to worry, “Are you okay, Spike?”

“I’m fine, I’m fine.” Spike said as he rubbed his head. “Probably just… a little tired is all.”

“You slept for 14 hours last night, and you barely did anything active today. How can you be tired?” Thorax asked curiously.

“Spike!” Scorpan calls out as he enters the throne room.

“What’s up, Scorpan?” Spike asked.


“I’m not sure if you noticed, but Starlight is walking down the corridors and is on her way over here.” Scorpan said.


“Oh no!” Spike started to worry. “What is SHE doing here?!”

“She wanted to see Throax.” Scorpan said.

Spike immediately stood up and upsettingly said, “Thorax, it’s been nice being here these past few weeks, but I really have to go.”

“Why? What’s the rush?” Thorax asked. “You said you were mad at Twilight, not Starlight.”

“If Starlight saw me here, she would immediately tell Twilight. Or worse, she might forcibly take me back to Ponyville!” Spike panicked. “No! I’m not ready yet! Scorpan, we have to get outta here!”

“Spike, are you REALLY sure you want to do this?” Scorpan asked. “Maybe it’s best to go back to Twilight.”

“Not yet!” Spike refused. “It’s time to go, Scorpan.”

“Okay, well… come back soon, okay?” Thorax asked.

Spike runs over to give Thorax a quick hug before leaving and said, “Thank you so much for everything, Thorax! I owe you one for this, bro!”

“It was a pleasure!” Thorax said. “Nice seeing you Spike, and it was nice meeting you, Scorpan!”

Both Spike and Scorpan ran out of the throne room and ran through the hive to escape, but Starlight was already approaching from the distance. “We have to hide!” Spike said to Scorpan.

Starlight sighs as she passes by a gargoyle statue and says, “I sure do miss the little guy; and the big guy too.” When she approaches the throne room, Scorpan turns back into flesh as Spike peeks out from behind him watching Starlight enter the throne room.

“Let’s get outta here.” Spike said as he climbs on Scorpan’s back, and Scorpan flies through the hive and exits hastily.

Over at the throne room, Thorax notices Starlight entering along with two of his guards. “Starlight! It’s, uh, good to see you!” Thorax said excitedly but weirdly.

“Hey, Thorax!” Starlight said. “It’s good to see you too! I really needed some time away from Ponyville. Twilight has been a hoof-full lately.”

“I know.” Thorax said.

“Uhh, how?” Starlight asked suspiciously. “How do you know how Twilight’s been doing?”

“Oh, um, it’s… uhh… well…” Thorax tried to keep her knowing, but it was no use.


“Spike is here, isn’t he?” Starlight asked.

“He… was.” Thorax admitted. “He just left.”

“Ugh! I knew that gargoyle statue I kept passing looked familiar!” Starlight yelled. “You just let him go?!”

“He’s my best friend, Starlight! What was I supposed to do?!” Thorax complained.

Starlight sighs and says, “It’s okay, Thorax. I would’ve done the same thing; but you don’t understand what’s at stake here!”



“What are you talking about?” Thorax asked.

“It’s… it’s Twilight.” Starlight said worryingly. “She’s… sick. She’s just getting worse by the day.”

“Oh my gosh!” Thorax said worryingly. “I’m so sorry! Do you know what it is?”

“No, I don’t.” Starlight said. “But I have the feeling I might know how to cure it.”

Outside of the hive, Scorpan was flying himself and Spike away from it as they journey out into the distance. “Spike, I hope you have a plan on where we’re going next.” He hoped.

“Well… I know of one place we’ll be welcomed at, and where I can blend in!” Spike said.

So Spike and Scorpan journey out East to the Dragon Lands. On the big stone throne on top of one of the volcanos sits Dragon Lord Ember, who was yawning in boredom. “I’m so bored!” She whined. “Someone entertain me!” So one of the dragons, tosses a rock at another dragon, hoping that would entertain her. “You call THAT entertaining?” She complained. “Get a bigger boulder!” The rock-throwing dragon points at a slightly bigger one, and Ember shakes her head. “Bigger!” She ordered. The dragon then pointed to a boulder shaped like a giant egg. “BIGGER!” Ember demanded. The dragon then points to the biggest boulder hanging on top of an unstable boulder underneath. “Perfect!” Ember said. Just as the dragon was about to pick up the huge boulder, Scorpan flies by, causing the boulder to tilt and fall right on top of the dragon. Ember then started laughing. She wiped a tear and said, “Okay – THAT was entertaining!”

Scorpan lands in front of Ember’s throne and Spike hopes off to greet Ember. “Hey, Ember!”

“Oh Spike! Thank you ol Dragon Gods!” Ember shouted out into the heavens. “Finally, a dragon who isn’t boring!” They give each other a fist-bump. “What’s up, bro? What brings you here in our little section of wasteland and nothingness?”

“Wow, first off, that’s deep.” Spike said. “Second, I’m just leaving home for a little while because of some personal issues with Twilight, so I decided to come here.”

“By a little while, he means a long while. A very long while.” Scorpan corrects him, and Spike glares at him. “Don’t give me that look. It’s true.”

“Ah, who’s this?” Ember asked. “Is the one… demon-winged, pointy-ear guy you told me about?”

“Scorpan.” Spike reminded her.

“Right, Scorpan! I knew that!” Ember fibbed.


“Pleasure to meet you, Ember!” Scorpan holds out his claw requesting a shake. “Spike told me all abo-ow-ow-ow!” Ember squeezes Scorpan’s claw tightly as she greets him.

“Pleasure to meet you too, Scorpan!” Ember said. “You’re pretty close to one of my closest bros who also lives long-distance, so I’ll trust you too!”

“Ah, ah! Well, thanks!” Scorpan said as he held onto his claw in pain after she releases him.

“For a big guy, you’re kinda soft! Thought you’d have a little more muscle.” Ember assumed.

“Well, I haven’t used much of my muscles lately after being in exile in a cave for so long.” Scorpan said.

“Right, right, that’s cool!” Ember said. “Well, I’m glad you two are here! I’ve actually got a problem that needs sorted out, and I could use myself an ambassador for this!”

“Really? Gee, I wonder who?” Spike teases.

“Uh, you, of course.” Ember said obviously.

“I know, I was being sarcastic.” Spike informed her.

“You were being what?” Ember asked.

“Nevermind.” Spike said. “What do you need help with?”

“Well,” Ember explains, “even though I am a Dragon Lord, I’m only the Dragon Lord of a colony of dragons. There are a lot of other dragon colonies out there in the world that I have no control over. I have to make sure our relationship with the neighboring dragons is healthy. We don’t really have an ambassador since all these dragons are pretty dim-witted.”

“We heard that!” A dragon shouted from the distance.

“You were supposed to, pea-brain!” Ember shouted back. “Anyway, Spike, the water-dragons aren’t really comfortable with us accepting pony kind. That’s where you come in!”

“Well, that’s a good idea, but we don’t necessarily have another pony here for me to prove how nice ponies can be.” Spike said.

“I’m sure you can think of something.” Ember said. “You’re the only other sane dragon I know; so if you can help me make peace with the water dragons, I’ll let you and your friend stay here comfortably! We got a deal?”

“You bet your sweet blue scales we do!” Spike accepted as he shakes Ember’s claw.

“Uh,” Ember felt a little uncomfortable, “please don’t call my scales that again.”

“Sorry!” Spike said embarrassingly.

Author's Note:

This one took me a while to make! It’s taking me a while to get through this story, but no matter how long I take, I’ll do my best to make sure we see to the end!

I figured that Thorax would be bad at telling a lie! :3