• Published 18th Apr 2017
  • 1,109 Views, 15 Comments

The Tale of the Three Sided Medallion - FlareGun45



After the Mane Six, Spike, and Starlight Glimmer have a dream about a mysterious cave in the Everfree Forest, they journey out to discover it's secrets, including one of Equestria's oldest friends, who's also the brother of the most evil villain.

  • ...
4
 15
 1,109

Twilight's Choice

“Twilight, whatever you do… you have to choose wisely!” Rainbow said as Twilight was still choosing which of her friends to set free. “And quite frankly… anypony else but me is fine.”

“No! Rainbow has a future! Leave me be instead.” Rarity insisted dramatically. “With me gone, my name shall live on as my boutiques shall be more popular when their owner goes down in history, and goes out a hero!”

“Wow, Rarity, that’s deep.” Applejack said.

“Oh thank you! I was saving it for a future play I was one day going to act in!” Rarity said.

“No! Neither one of them! I should be the one to stay behind!” Fluttershy insisted.

“You, Fluttershy? Please! You wouldn’t last! You should definitely take her, Twilight.” Rainbow insisted.

“Honestly, Rainbow Dash! Is that any way to talk to her? And why choose her over me?” Rarity asked.

“You wanted to stay, and I was like… meh.” Rainbow shrugged.

“I don’t care who you pick, Twilight!” Pinkie insisted. “Maud will be here any minute and save us all!”

“Now hang on, this is Twilight’s choice. Let us not provoke her.” Applejack informed them.

“Oh now you’re going to make us all look bad and she might pick you, Applejack?” Rainbow asked angrily.

“Ah want Twilight to pick who she should pick without us blabberin’ about it, RAINBOW DASH!” Applejack said angrily.

“ENOUGH!” Twilight yelled. “If I’m going to pick, I need absolute concentration! I need to think!” So everypony stayed quiet as Twilight began to think about who she should save. It was the hardest decision Twilight has ever made. She has to choose one friend out of all the rest.

“C’mon, Twilight! You did this before! Think of the gala ticket!” Pinkie reminded her.

“Pinkie! Shush!” Rainbow instructed her.

“The gala ticket…” Twilight whispered to herself, and then her brain hatched an idea. “I have made my decision, Guardian.”

“I am listening.” The Guardian said.

“I choose…” Twilight started as all of Twilight’s friends paid attention dramatically, and just then, Twilight gives her answer, “Nopony.”

“Huh?!” All of Twilight’s friends asked surprisingly.

“Nopony?” The Guardian asked. “You mean you wish to go on alone without your friends?”

“Nope. Not me either.” Twilight said. “If one of us stays inside these catacombs forever, all of us stay in here forever.” Twilight looks back at her friends and they all smile. “Together. We are friends forever, no matter the cost; and even though we might never know why we were summoned here, it’s price I have to pay to make sure my friends are safe.” Twilight then tears up. “Just… if you see Starlight and Spike… tell them they mean the world to me, and I wish them the best!”

“Oh, Twilight, you didn’t need to do that.” Fluttershy said.

“I had to. How would I be able to live my life knowing that I abandoned my friends?” Twilight asked.

“I wouldn’t be able to survive that’s for sure!” Pinkie said. “I’d never be happy again!”

“Me neither!” Fluttershy agreed.

“Well done, Twilight Sparkle.” The Guardian said. “You have passed the final trial. You six truly are the Elements of Harmony!” Just then, they all wake up in the previous room again, only this time with the door opened and leading somewhere that’s not an abyss.

“You did it, Twilight!” Pinkie cried out in excitement.

“Yes! You solved the riddle!” Rarity said happily.
“Well I just did what my heart told me to do.” Twilight said. “My life means nothing without my friends!” They all share a group hug.

“And look! The door is open!” Rainbow pointed out. “And it leads somewhere!”

“We passed the trials! We can claim our prize!” Pinkie said excitedly. “I hope it’s pizza, or hayburgers! Or hayburger pizza!”

“C’mon, girls! Let’s go!” Applejack said as they all ran through the door and down the stairs. As they were running down the cave, they bump into Starlight and Spike who were running in the same direction.

“Starlight! Spike!” Twilight cried out in excitement as she gives them both a big hug, and the rest of the Mane Six joined along.

“What happened to you two?!” Twilight asked.

“We had weird dreams that were probably challenges!” Starlight said. “Ways to face our biggest fears!”

“Yeah!” Spike said. “I’ve never felt so close to my friends and so confident in myself in my entire life!”

“How about you girls?” Starlight asked.

“Oh nothing really!” Twilight teased.

“Nothing?!” Pinkie freaked out. “That was sooo not nothing! That was something! That was a whole lot of something!”

“Yeah, we had to face the biggest challenges in our lives!” Rainbow said.

“But that’s a story for another time.” Rarity said. “We have to find out who’s responsible for all this!”

“Rarity’s right.” Twilight said. “Down this tunnel we might find out who’s responsible for summoning us here. We deserve an answer! Come on!”

They all began running down the corridor, and at the end of the corridor came a huge cavern filled with books, some desks, and some alchemy stations. Twilight looked so shocked to see it all. “Whoooa!” Everypony said, feeling impressed.

“I’m… in… HEAVEN!” Twilight cried out in excitement in a high-pitched voice. She was so excited that she spread her wings out wide. Twilight started acting like Pinkie as she started looking at everything in the room. Even small unimpressive objects, like Star Swirl’s reading glasses.

“Alright, calm down, Twilight!” Starlight persuaded her. “I know it’s very impressive, but we still have a task to do!”

Twilight took a deep breath and said, “Sorry about losing my cool there! I mean thiis… this is what I’ve been wanting to see my entire life!”

“And I have been wanting to see you for my entire life.” A voice said from a dark part of the room. “Well… not exactly my WHOLE life, but for the past few years.”

“Alright, bub! You better tell us why you brought us here playing your games, or so help me, you will regret summoning us!” Rainbow threatened him.

“Rainbow Dash!” Twilight said angrily at her. Twilight then walked over closer towards the darkness and asked, “Who are you? Why did you bring us here? We mean no harm. We’re just concerned.”

“I feel more than concerned!” Rainbow said. Everypony glares at her.

The voice in the darkness chuckles and said, “You have the right to be angry at me. It’s true. I given you all those nightmares, and asked you to come here, and I did make you complete those trials; but I just wanted to make sure you are who you say you are.” The mysterious figure in the darkness walks out and reveals himself to the Mane Six. He is revealed to be a huge gargoyle with a medallion around his neck. Twilight and Spike both gasped, but everypony else was confused.

“You… you’re Scorpan, aren’t you? Tirek’s brother?” Twilight asked.

“Yes… I am.” The gargoyle said.

“Wait, what?” Applejack asked. “So this guy is supposed to be the brother of the most evil beast that Equestria has ever had?!”

“Please, Applejack, I know all of you hate my brother for what he did to all of you.” Scorpan said.

“You bet we hate him!” Rarity yelled. “He stole all the magic from Equestria and tried to destroy everything!”

“Plus, he turned our friend Discord against us!” Fluttershy said angrily.

“I know, I know, I saw through my visions.” Scorpan said. “You see, I’ve been watching you. I’ve had visions of you as I was mediating here for the past hundreds of years. I saw you use the Elements of Harmony against Nightmare Moon and Discord, and then I even saw you reform them both, including others, like Trixie, and Gilda, and even you, Starlight Glimmer.”

“What are you even doing here though?” Starlight asked. “These dark caves, all by yourself?”

“It was the only place I could go.” Scorpan said. “I abandoned my brother here. Once I returned home to my land, I was no longer accepted among them. I betrayed my brother, and I felt ashamed. I brought shame upon my family name.” Scorpan looks at his medallion as he said that. “It was foolish of me to leave Tirek here. I know what he did was wrong, but… I shouldn’t have left him here. I should’ve just brought him home! Can you imagine a bigger fool than me? Someone who would abandon their own sibling for the sake of pony kind?”

“Oh… I think I know a couple of sisters that know EXACTLY how you feel.” Twilight said.

“Really? Who?” Pinkie asked. “Not my sisters and me.”

“But you didn’t answer our question.” Starlight said. “Why did you summon us here?”

“Because all of you had experience in reforming those with corrupted minds.” Scorpan said. “I need your help. I want to make peace with my brother, Tirek.”

“No offense, but he seems far from gettin’ reformed.” Applejack said.

“I know there’s still some good in him.” Scorpan said. “I know he feels lost, and abandoned; however, you taught other villains that friendship is magic. All of you have reformed those who seemed impossible of reforming! If you can do that, then why can’t I do that to Tirek? I need to reunite with him, otherwise I can’t go back home. I need to be at peace, and I won’t be able to until I can reform him, and only you can do that! Teach me, please! Teach me how to reform my brother! I will reward you all!”

“With what?” Rarity asked. “Jewels? Fame?”

“A sandwich?” Pinkie asked.

“Anything you want!” Scorpan said. “Forbidden knowledge of my oldest friend, Star Swirl! Maybe his will! He gave his will to me. I can give it all to you! Perhaps I can even unite Equestria with my homeland! Anything your hearts desire! I just ask for you to help me reform Tirek! I know it’s a big risk, but… I have to do it. Please! I beg you to teach me!”

The eight friends all looked at eachother, and all nodded in agreement. “Okay, Scorpan! We’ll do it! We’ll help you reform your brother!” Twilight accepted.

“Really?” Scorpan asked gratefully. “Thank you! Thank you so much! Oh I can’t wait to see Celestia and Luna again! Are they still around?”

“They sure are!” Twilight said. “I bet you have a lot of catching up to do!” Just before they all started walking out, Twilight notices that something is on Spike’s mind. “Spike, what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know.” Spike said. “I’m so confused.”

“Why?” Twilight asked.

“It’s… it’s complicated.” Spike said. “I mean… I feel like I know him. I think I know Scorpan!”

“Really? When did you meet him?” Twilight asked.

“That’s just it… I haven’t met him.” Spike said. “I mean, not that I remember. I don’t know, but… I feel like I can trust him completely!”

“Well, maybe you can be in charge of looking after him!” Twilight suggests.

“Really?” Spike asked. “You think I’m ready for this kind of responsibility?”

“Spike, I got my hooves full right now with being the Princess of Friendship, plus teaching Starlight her friendship lessons, maybe you two can hang out!” Twilight suggests. “After all, like you, he’s a non-pony in a pony world! Maybe you can help him fit in again!”

“You know what, Twilight?” Spike asked. “I think I will! I think we’re going to be the best of friends!”

Author's Note:

So the secret has been revealed! Scorpan has returned to Equestria! Even though he's been around for a long time! I don't know for sure if that's true, but in the main series, I do hope he makes an actual debut in the show! I wanna know how he feels about leaving Tirek in Equestria, and how it affected him! This is what I think might happen! This here is Scorpan's story!