• Published 18th Apr 2017
  • 1,109 Views, 15 Comments

The Tale of the Three Sided Medallion - FlareGun45



After the Mane Six, Spike, and Starlight Glimmer have a dream about a mysterious cave in the Everfree Forest, they journey out to discover it's secrets, including one of Equestria's oldest friends, who's also the brother of the most evil villain.

  • ...
4
 15
 1,109

Calm Before the Storm

Starlight wakes up eventually, and groans in pain. She rubs her head, and realizes that she is no longer tied up; but on top of that, she’s also no longer in Tartarus, and neither was Scorpan. “Oh no!” She freaks out. She rushes over to Scorpan and shakes him, trying to wake him up. “Scorpan, Scorpan, wake up!”

“Noooo, I don’t wanna go to school, mommy.” Scorpan mumbles. “I’m coming down with hay fever.”

“Uh, what?” Starlight asks confusingly. Starlight continues to shake Scorpan, but no such luck. She then climbs on top of him and leans over towards his face, and she squirts water out of her horn in hopes of waking Scorpan up; and eventually, it works. Scorpan coughs as his slumber gets disturbed, and he shakes his head as he looks over at Starlight. “Are you my prince charming?” He teases.

“Gross.” Starlight comments as she teleports off him. Once Scorpan stands up and scratches his flank, he looks around and says, “Huh, Tartarus looks different.”

“That’s because we’re not there anymore!” Starlight informed him. “Chrysalis must’ve made us fall asleep and used that chance to drag us out.”

“We have to go back though.” Scorpan said. “Spike is still there!”

Starlight sighs and says, “I think we might already be too late. We need to regroup with Twilight and the others. She’s not going to like this news, but they have to be warned what’s coming to them!”

Just then, they both heard a horn in the distance. “Uh, I think you can tell them now.” Scorpan points up towards the South. Up in the distance marched an army of ponies heading towards them. Leading the attack is Twilight and her friends, as well as the princesses standing beside them. Another horn started blowing as an army of yaks led by Prince Rutherford approached from the Southeast, along with another army of griffons led by Queen Greta and Gilda backing them up. An annoying sound of bug wings approached from the Southwest, as Thorax led an army of changelings into battle, along with Ember and the dragon armies supporting them from up above. Each of the different armies held a flag up, representing their kingdoms. Starlight and Scorpan began to run towards the pony army, and eventually, they spot her.

“Uh oh, here they come!” Pinkie cries. “ATTACK!” She throws cupcakes at both Starlight and Scorpan rapidly, causing them to flinch.

“Pinkie, STOP!” Rarity yells. “It’s Starlight and Scorpan!”

“Starlight, there you are!” Twilight said in relief.

“Twilight, I’m so glad you’re here!” Starlight said. “I have-“

“Where’s Spike? Is he with you?” Twilight interrupts.

“Well,” Starlight starts, “actually Twilight, there’s-“

“WHERE IS HE, SCORPAN?!” Twilight immediately flies over and yells at him to his face. “Spike was with you! I know he was! TELL ME WHERE HE IS!”

“First off, hello Twilight.” Scorpan said. “Second… err… my brother took him.”

“WHAT?!” Twilight yells.

“Oh my.” Fluttershy said in surprise.

“What’s happenin’?” Applejack asked. “Where is Spike?”

“TIREK HAS HIM!” Twilight yells.

“Wait what?!” Rainbow asks in surprise. “What are your orders, Twilight? Want us to start the attack and rescue him?”

“No, we must be stealthy on this.” Applejack suggested.

“There’s no time to be stealthy!” Rainbow yelled. “Spike is still in there, and we have to save him! Who knows what horrible things Tirek might be doing to him!”

“No.” Twilight said as she takes a deep breath. “Spike will be okay. We’ll get him back, I know we will! He’s strong, he’s brave, and he is glorious, and he’s also smart! I have confidence in Spike! For now, we must keep our heads!”

“Twilight’s right.” Starlight said. “The entire prison of Tartarus is heading this way, and they’re all under Chrysalis’ control.”

“Not Tirek though.” Scorpan said. “He’s got strong motivations, and he seems to think more independently than the other prisoners. Basically it’s him and Chrysalis who are the main threats.”

“The only thing that’s stoppin’ us is an army of Equestria’s baddest and meanest.” Applejack said.

“That’s why we have an entire army of Equestria’s allies backing us up!” Rainbow said. “They’ll take care of the army – we need to take care of the bug queen, and the horse-monster hybrid.”

“Well, that horse-monster hybrid happens to be my brother.” Scorpan said. “I have to be the one to take care of him.”

“Haven’t you caused enough trouble?” Applejack asked.

“I agree, we lost our Spikey-Wikey AGAIN because of you!” Rarity reminded him. “Plus we get to be all colorful and fabulous again!”

“Uh, what?” Scorpan asked confusingly.

“The Rainbow Power.” Rarity said.

“That needs to have a better name than that though. How about Glittery Goodness?” Pinkie asked.

“Ooo good one, Pinkie Pie!” Rarity agreed.

“I don’t think this is the right time to be thinking of a name of our power right now.” Rainbow said. “We need to use it take down Tirek! I think he’s the biggest threat!”

“But don’t you see? The whole reason I’m here now is try to reform my brother!” Scorpan reminded them. “If you use your Rainbow Power on him, he’s just going to end up back into the cage, and we’re back to square one. He’ll be back with a bigger plan than this one. I have to try to talk some sense into him!”

“Are you sure you can do this?” Twilight asked.

“Twilight,” Scorpan crouches down and places his hand on Twilight’s shoulder, “you and your friends taught me so much about friendship. The only thing is, I’ve been a terrible friend. I have to make it up to you, and to Spike.”

“I still don’t understand why you care about him so much!” Twilight said.

“Because Scorpan was the one that brought Spike’s egg to me when it was abandoned.” Celestia informed her. “He saved Spike’s life.”

“Wait… you did?” Twilight asked feeling surprised.

“I knew it was him since before I even sent you those dreams.” Scorpan said. “In fact, I knew it was him when he got hatched. He didn’t know me, but I knew him. I’ve been stupid to put him at risk like this, I’ve been stupid to put all of Equestria at risk like this, and now… I’m going to make up for it! I will reform my brother, and we will return home... and… we won’t be problems to you anymore. Just let me make up for my past mistakes.”

Twilight and her friends all looked at each other, and they came to an agreement. “We’ll give you some time to talk to him.” Twilight said. “We’ll be ready if you need us to work our magic on him.”

“I’ll take care of Chrysalis.” Starlight offered. “We have a score to settle.”

“Very well then.” Twilight accepted. “We’ll help out in the battle as much as we could, but we have to be there in case Scorpan or Starlight fail.”

“Good luck to you, Scorpan.” Celestia said. “Reunite with your sibling.”

“Yes, a life without one’s family is no life at all.” Luna said as she looked at Celestia, and Celestia looked back and smiled.

Suddenly, an army of roars echoed from the distance. “It’s time.” Celestia said. Up ahead came a huge line of darkness and evil. The strongest of all evil things came in large numbers and prepared to gain their revenge upon those that imprisoned them, and the ones who sided with the ones they despise. Leading the attack is Lord Tirek himself, with Queen Chrysalis along side him.

Chrysalis laughs and yells out, “My, my, that there is a big army you have there, Celestia! What? You can’t even take care of yourself? You have to rely on other armies, including my children to fight along side you? Pfft, how sad!”

“What?!” Celestia calls out.

“I SAID, my, my, that there is a big army you have there, Celestia! You can’t even take care of yourself?!” Chrysalis yelled louder.

“I can’t hear you! You’re too far away!” Celestia yelled.

“What?!” Chrysalis yelled.

“I SAID, you’re too far away! I can’t hear you!” Celestia yelled.

“Hold on a second.” Chrysalis reached into her satchel and brought out of one her orbs. She spoke into it and her voice amplified across the wasteland.

Celestia used her magic on her throat and said as her voice amplified as well, “Yeah, I can hear you! Can you hear me?”

“Yeah I can hear you!” Chrysalis said.

“Good! Can you repeat what you said before?” Celestia asked.

“Yeah, I said: my, my, that there is a big army you have there, Celestia!” Chrysalis repeated. “What? You can’t even take care of yourself? You have to rely on other armies, including my children to fight along side you? Pfft, how sad!

“This is your last chance, Chrysalis!” Celestia calls out. “Surrender – we do not have to fight! We can all figure this out!”

“In what way can we figure this out? Hmm? Convince me!” Chrysalis asks.

“By the magic of friendship!” Twilight said as she uses the amplifying spell on her throat.

All the prisoners begin to laugh. “Classic! Very classic!” Tirek said.

“Well, you can try!” Chrysalis said. “Can you reform an entire army of villains at once? You all are good at reforming, so why not give it a try? Reform all of us! I dare you!”

“Can I use that for a second, Chrysalis?” Tirek asked.

“Sure.” Chrysalis said as she gives her amplifying orb to Tirek. He then says in it, “Go on, Scorpan! Isn’t that why you’re here? To reform me? You think it’s going to be that simple? It’s not too late for us to team up against everypony! Equestria will be ours!”

“And mine!” Chrysalis reminded him.

“Mhm, right whatever.” Tirek said.

“Twilight, a little help please?” Scorpan asked. Twilight uses her amplifying spell on Scorpan and he says, “It’s not too late for you either, brother! Please, let’s reunite once again! Let’s go home, and move on with our lives! Get back to the things how it used to be! Just you, me, and our kingdom! We’re princes, Tirek! We can run our kingdom the way we see fit! Just leave the ponies alone!”

“Don’t be a fool, Scorpan, you know why it won’t work!” Tirek said.

“Why won’t it work?” Twilight asked.

“Tirek, please! We don’t need to fight!” Scorpan said. “Let’s talk this out, make an agreement!”

“Sure!” Tirek said. “Give me the magic of every creature in Equestria, and give me the throne, and everypony will live in perfect harmony as me as their ruler! Sounds fair to me! What say you, royal sisters?”

“I say let’s put these monsters back in their place, sister.” Luna suggested. Celestia sighs.

Just then, Discord teleports right in front of Tirek. “Ah, Tirek, my old friend! How’s it going?” Discord asked. “Yes, things have been looking up to me lately! Did you know I helped defeat Queen Chrysalis’ flank and save all of Equestria? Ponies know me as a hero now instead of a villain! Plus, my friend Flutershy and I have grown even closer! Also, did you know I have the magic to defeat you and your entire army in the snap of my fingers? Like this one time, I-“ Just then, Tirek immediately drains all of Discord’s magic and claims it as his own. As Discord slithers onto the ground, powerless, he whines, “Oh poo, not again.”

“That was annoying.” Tirek said.

“Can’t believe you didn’t do that sooner.” Chrysalis said.

“Well that was a bust.” Luna said. “Shall we charge now?”

“TIREK!” Twilight yelled. “If you want to fight then so be it – just tell me… where is Spike?!”

“Spike?” Tirek asked as he laughs. “You mean that little dragon servant that you always kicked around and abused?”

“Abused?” Pinkie asked. “That hasn’t happened in a looooong time! Some kind of group wanted that abuse to stop so we stopped it.”

“He’s not abused! We love him dearly and we support him for every choice he makes in life!” Twilight yelled.

“That’s a relief!” Tirek said. “Would you support him even if he’s… my minion now?”

“He would NEVER join you!” Twilight yelled.

“Don’t be so sure of that!” Tirek said mischievously as he snaps his fingers. A group of prisoners move out of the way to make way for a giant shadow approaching the front. The shadow roared as it reveals to be a giant dragon; but not just a giant dragon.

“SPIKE?!” Twilight yelled.

“What has happened to him?” Scorpan asked.

“He belongs to me now!” Tirek said as he laughs evilly. “I gave him the motherlode of all treasures! It gave him enough greed to become even more powerful, and completely under my control! Your little dragon slave… he’s my full-grown dragon slave now, used for not cleaning up after my messes (because that’s Ryan’s job over there), but to be a monster, just as every dragon should be!”

The entire dragon army growls at him. “Can we attack now, Twilight?” Ember asked angrily.

“I agree!” Thorax said. “He took Spike from us! He shall pay!”

“Can’t you do anything about this, Ember?” Twilight asked.

“Don’t bother, Dragon Lord!” Tirek said. “He’s got too much greed to listen to you!” Ember just shrugs at Twilight.

“ENOUGH OF THIS TALKING!” Chrysalis yelled. “Minions… ATTACK!” Just then, the entire army of Tartarus began to charge.

“ATTACK!” Celestia yells at her army.

“CHARGE!” Ember yells at her army.

“RAAAAAH!” Prince Rutherford yells.

“GET ‘EM!” Queen Greta yells.

“PROTECT OUR ALLIES!” Thorax yells.

And so, the biggest battle Equestria has ever seen has begun!

Author's Note:

The amplifying part was added in later to provide some humor to the story. Gotta make use of that comedy tag, right?