• Published 18th Apr 2017
  • 1,109 Views, 15 Comments

The Tale of the Three Sided Medallion - FlareGun45



After the Mane Six, Spike, and Starlight Glimmer have a dream about a mysterious cave in the Everfree Forest, they journey out to discover it's secrets, including one of Equestria's oldest friends, who's also the brother of the most evil villain.

  • ...
4
 15
 1,109

Prison Breakout

After a while of sorrow, Scorpan just sobbed in his cage regretting everything he’s ever done. “This is all my fault!” He said to himself. “I shouldn’t have brought Spike! Maybe Twilight was right, I should’ve just stayed away from him. Equestria is doomed! I would’ve made it if I didn’t delay! I could’ve stopped Chrysalis!”

“Yeah, you could’ve.” A familiar voice echoed outside of the cave.

“Huh? Who’s there?” Scorpan checked.

“It’s me, you pathetic weasel.” Starlight said as she uses her magic to make herself visible again.

“Starlight! Thank goodness you’re here!” Scorpan said in relief.

“Looks like you finally had the guts to face your brother.” Starlight said. “Unfortunately, you had to drag Spike along with you again. You don’t need him to hold your claw all the time. Speaking of which, where is he?”

“Uhhh…” Scorpan was stumped because he knew Starlight would get mad at him again if he told her.

“SCORPAN!!! WHERE IS HE?!” Starlight yelled in anger as red smoke popped out of her horn.

“He took him!” Scorpan yelled.

“What?” Starlight asked.

“My brother, he took him! He’s planning to do something to him, I don’t know what!” Scorpan said.

“UGH!” Starlight groaned. “I can’t believe you! You put Spike in danger AGAIN! Twilight is going to get even more furious than I am now!”

“Perhaps not, if we could find him.” Scorpan suggested. “Just get me out of here, and we’ll look for him.”

“Maybe I should leave you in there.” Starlight suggested. “You’ve done enough crimes to earn yourself a nice long stay here!”

“And you haven’t?” Scorpan asked.

Starlight became stumped because she knew he had a point. “Ugh, I hate you.” She uses her magic to open the cage and let Scorpan free.

“How did you do that?” Scorpan asked.

“Celestia gave me magical clearance to any cell in this place.” Starlight said. “Now where did your brother take Spike?”

“I don’t know. They could be anywhere!” Scorpan said nervously.

“I swear if anything bad happens to Spike, this will be on YOU!” Starlight threatens him.

“And I’ll take whatever punish you want, but right now, we have to stop my brother and Chrysalis.” Scorpan said. Starlight agreed and the two of them stormed off.

Meanwhile, over at another end of Tartarus, Tirek walks with his magical grasp holding Spike. “So, you and my brother are close, huh?” Tirek asked him.

Spike gulps. “Umm, well, not THAT close. I mean, we are good friends, but… more like acquaintances more than friends.”

“Or more like brothers.” Tirek said. “I know you’re happy around him, but it isn’t like what you think. He took you away from the pony you loved most. He was deceiving you. He always has.”

“That’s not true! Scorpan cares about me!” Spike said. “So does Twilight, and I should have never left her! How could I be so disloyal to her?”

“You’re loyal to her because you have the bond with her, right?” Tirek asked. “She’s basically your mother. Well, my little friend, that’s one half of the bond. Where’s the other half? Who’s the father?”

“Err, I don’t know.” Spike shrugs. “Shining Armor? Twilight’s dad? Wait, no, that’s weird, it can’t be them. Look, I don’t care, alright?! I met my parents, and now I know where I’m from and what my destiny is, so I know who I am! Do what you want to me, Tirek, because you will be stopped! I’m sure Twilight is on her way right now to stop you!”

“It’s going to take a lot more than Rainbow Power, or even the Equestrian army to stop me this time!” Tirek said. “I have Chrysalis rounding up the other prisoners, and making sure they remain loyal to me. Later, I will see you burn everypony you love!”

“I would NEVER turn against my friends!” Spike yelled. “Do what you want to me, because nothing will have me join you! You can’t force me to do anything! Like what Scorpan says, I’m my own dragon! I make my own decisions!”

“Ooooh, that’s okay!” Tirek smiles. “I’m proud of you, Spike. You’re old enough to make your own decisions, and for that I shall reward you!”

“With what? Some kind of torture?” Spike asked. “Am I going to feel the tickler? Are you going to tickle me? No, I’m probably going to get 40 lashes! It’s okay, I’ll probably look awesome with a giant brush of hair on top of my eyes. Maybe I shouldn’t be giving you ideas. I’m ready for any kind of torture you might- whaaaaat?”

Before Spike’s eyes, Tirek takes him to a room full of gems. Mountains of gems all over the place. “Like I said, your reward!” Tirek said.

“I’ve never seen so many gems in my life!” Spike said as his mouth starts drooling.

“Well, dig in, my friend!” Tirek offers as he let’s go of Spike. “They’re all yours!”

“DON’T MIND IF I DO!” Spike cried out in excitement. He jumps into the ocean of gems and starts swimming in them. He throws the gems around and stuffs a lot in his mouth. He starts picking them up and piling them in one place as well, and Spike eyes began to look corrupted. “MINE! ALL MINE!” He yells and he laughs, and Tirek starts to laugh along. “What’s so funny?” Spike asked. Just then, he realized what was going on. “Oh no! Oh no, I know what your plan is, Tirek!”

“Oh do you now?” Tirek asked mischievously.

“NO! I… this is all mine… I… no! I must… I must stay in control! Stay in control, Spike!” Spike struggled to stay in control, but parts of his body began to grow. “It’s all… no… no, you’re better than this, stop! No! It’s all… mine, I… AAAAAAH!” Spike started screaming as his voice started to get deeper, and he started growing.

Meanwhile, as Starlight and Scorpan were exploring Tartarus, Starlight felt a radical taste of displeasure and sorrow. “Ugh!” She groans. “What is this feeling I’m getting? It’s a feeling I haven’t experienced since… since…”

“It’s the dark security measures Tartarus has.” Scorpan said.

“Why isn’t it affecting you?” Starlight asked.

“It is.” Scorpan said.

The duo starts to hear a familiar sounding evil laugh in the distance. “I know that laugh!” Starlight said nervously. “Shhh, tread lightly.” Starlight and Scorpan both snuck over around the corner, and they notice Queen Chrysalis using some kind of orb to unlock some cages to let free some Tartarus prisoners.

“Is that one of Sunburst’s orbs?” Scorpan whispers.

“I think so.” Starlight whispered back. “He did say recently that a lot of the magical orbs from the Crystal Empire armory has been stolen. He said Cadance went down there last and claimed to check up on things, and Cadance denied going into the armory recently, so this explains a lot.”

“Chrysalis stole all the orbs?” Scorpan asked.

“Just the lockpicking orbs.” Starlight said.

Once Chrysalis sets some prisoners free, they all pounce into action and try to attack her. “No, no, no!” Chrysalis says mischievously as she takes another orb out of her satchel and uses it on the prisoners. The prisoners all immediately stop and stare at the orb. “That’s better! We need your help with taking over Equestria. Once we win, you will be free, but you have to help us out first! Equestria’s armies are on their way, and with your help, Equestria will be ours! After all the love I capture from every pony in Equestria, my children would be begging for me back, and I will be queen once again, and that traitorous Thorax will rot with the rest of Equestria!” She laughs evilly.

“We must stop her!” Starlight whispered as she springs into action. Starlight shoots a magic blast right onto Chrysalis, and she suddenly disappears. “Heh! That was easier than I expected!”

“Uh, Starlight? That was actually a holographic orb.” Scorpan points to the orb lying on the floor.

Another magical orb rolls over towards Starlight and it explodes, magically tying up all of Starlight’s hooves, and covering her horn. Chrysalis emerges from the shadows as she laughs evilly at Starlight. “Well, well, well!” Chrysalis said mischievously. “Starlight Glimmer, long time no see!” Scorpan charges in an attempt to save Starlight, but Chrysalis tosses another orb over to him, and he ends up tied up as well. “No, no, no!” She says to him.

“Chrysalis… it’s been a while.” Starlight said bravely.

“It has been!” Chrysalis agreed. “I’m so glad you’re here, Starlight. It would be nice to complete all of my revenges at once!”

“Chrysalis, I hope you realize that my brother’s going to betray you once this is all over.” Scorpan informed her.

“Of course he won’t!” Chrysalis said. “Because I’m going to betray him first! Tirek doesn’t realize he belongs to me! This entire army belongs to me! Tirek is just my strongest weapon against Equestria! He really wants you to be a part of the big battle ahead, Scorpan; and I want you to be a part of it too, Starlight!” Chrysalis leans over towards Starlight’s ear and whispered evilly towards it, “I want you to watch as I take everything you’ve ever built, including reforming the changelings. The entire of land of Equestria will fall, and you will be the blame for it! This wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t steal my children from me.”

“You would’ve taken over Equestria anyway if I didn’t.” Starlight reminded her.

Chrysalis chuckles. “So you just delayed the inevitable! No matter! It will only be a matter of time before the changelings realized how much they missed me, and how much they would want me back! I’ll forgive them, and give them all the love Equestria has to offer – if they won't give it to us, we'll take it from them.”

“But the changelings have been given love!" Starlight said. "You can be given that too if you just gave it a chance!"

“Just you wait, Starlight Glimmer! Doom is upon all of you! It’s only a matter of time!” Chrysalis said as she takes another orb out of her satchel. “Time you won’t even have by the time you wake up!” Chrysalis tosses the orb towards Starlight and Scorpan, and gas bursts out of it, causing the duo to fall asleep. Starlight witnesses one more evil laugh from Chrysalis before she falls unconscious.

Author's Note:

This chapter reveals Queen Chrysalis' motivations! Of course she would want her changelings back after she takes over Equestria, I mean what else could she do with all that love? Also what could Tirek be doing with Spike?