• Published 18th Apr 2017
  • 1,109 Views, 15 Comments

The Tale of the Three Sided Medallion - FlareGun45



After the Mane Six, Spike, and Starlight Glimmer have a dream about a mysterious cave in the Everfree Forest, they journey out to discover it's secrets, including one of Equestria's oldest friends, who's also the brother of the most evil villain.

  • ...
4
 15
 1,109

Talk the Talk, and Sit the Sit

So Scorpan and Spike began to walk down to the Ponyville Day Spa, but everypony keeps running away and hiding from him.

“Uh, Spike, did you have any trouble fitting in when you moved here?” Scorpan asked.

“Not really!” Spike said. “Nopony seemed afraid of me when I moved here!”

“Well that’s good to hear.” Scorpan said. “I really hope these ponies get used to me. They need to understand that I’m not a monster!”

“Don’t worry about it, dude!” Spike comforted him. “Look it took some time for everypony to get used to Discord and Trixie before they got reformed, but in the end, everypony got used to them when did something good! Maybe what you need to do at the party is to do something good for everypony! Let them know you want to be their friend!”

“I could try that.” Scorpan nods. “That’s a good idea, Spike! You’re really smart for your age!”

“Yep! Learned everything I know from my good friends!” Spike said. “Twilight and Celestia taught me academics, Twilight’s brother, Shining Armor taught me how to be tough, snarky, and have a nerdy side!” He chuckles. “Twilight’s parents, they were very supportive towards me! I think of all of them like family!”

“Really?” Scorpan asked.

“Yep!” Spike said.

“That’s good to hear!” Scorpan smiles.

Back at the party, the Mane Six were really decorating the place up to make it look nice for Scorpan. Everypony seemed satisfied to how it was looking, except for Rarity, who had to make sure the plasticware was straight enough.

“Okay, Rarity, okay! They look just fine!” Applejack informs her.

“No! They must be perfectly straight so they can look fabulous for the party, darling!” Rarity informs her. “I mean, it’s bad enough we have to use… eh, plasticware, instead of shiny and fancy silverware!”

“A fork’s a fork! They all work the same, no matter what it’s made out of!” Pinkie said.

“I try to keep plastic out of my cottage.” Fluttershy said. “Animals and plastic really don’t go together. That’s why my straws are made of paper.”

“Well everything looks perfect!” Twilight said.

“So are we ready for Scorpan yet?” Starlight asked. “It hasn’t been nearly an hour yet. It’s only been… I don’t know, five minutes?”

“I know, that’s because we need to invite everypony to the party.” Twilight said.

“Ah’m really not sure how we can persuade the whole town to come to this party.” Applejack said, feeling uneasy. “Ah mean, everypony is afraid of Scorpan.”

“I know it’s going to be pretty difficult, but I know we can persuade them!” Twilight said. “This might give us some ideas on how we can teach Scorpan had to reform his brother!”

“I like this idea!” Fluttershy said.

“I agree!” Rarity said. “If we’re going to teach Scorpan the right way, we need to get warmed up first!”

“WOO! Go team!” Pinkie cried out while wearing a cheerleader outfit. “We are the best! The seven friends of Harmony! Woo hoo!”

“But… I don’t have an element.” Starlight reminded her.

“Oh, Starlight, Starlight, Starlight.” Pinkie shakes her head at her. “You don’t need an element to have harmony!” She winks at her.

“Um, okay? I guess?” Starlight agreed awkwardly.

“Let’s do this, girls!” Twilight lead her friends.

“Gooooo FRIENDSHIP!” The Mane Six cried out as they all jumped into the air and hoof-bumped each other.

“Wait what?” Starlight asked, feeling confused, but once she got all caught up with the program, she hoof-bumps them. “Goooo friendship! Yeeeah!”

“You need to get with the program, Glimmer.” Rainbow informs her.

Over at the Ponyville Spa, Spike and Scorpan were relaxing in a mud bath, while wearing cucumbers on their eyes, and a seaweed mask. They were both lying there feeling relaxed. Scorpan sighs and says, “You’re right, Spike! I never felt so relaxed in my life! This spa really knows what they’re doing!”

“Yeah, good thing I persuaded the spa ponies they’re not evil!” Spike said.

“You’re really good at persuading!” Scorpan said. “After all, you did help Equestria gain alliances with both the dragons AND the changelings, by befriending the current leaders.”

“Yep!” Spike said. “You are correctamundo! Ember and Thorax are really good friends! It’s too bad they can’t stick around, since they’re running their kingdoms.”

“Yeah, but I should ask you, Spike, why did you give up the Dragon Lord title for Ember?” Scorpan asked.

“Because I didn’t want to leave my friends behind.” Spike said. “I knew I’d be needed here. After all, shortly after, I befriended Thorax, and if that didn’t happen, Starlight wouldn’t have been able to trust him, and be able to save us from Chrysalis.”

“Yeah, but it’s weird though.” Scorpan said. “Starlight, Trixie, Thorax, and Discord were all credited for saving Equestria from the Changelings, but… you weren’t.”

Spike chuckles and said, “Relax, dude! I’m already a hero of the Crystal Empire! I don’t need too many hero titles. Too many autographs to sign.”

“Why didn’t you stay at the Crystal Empire though?” Scorpan asked. “You’re well respected there. Much more respected than here.”

“What do you mean?” Spike asked. “I’m respected here! My friends all respect me very well. I’m not sure what gave you the idea that I’m not respected here.”

“Well, I mean, it’s just… you’ve been Twilight’s friend for… how long?” Scorpan asked. “Why weren’t you part of Twilight’s Magic of Friendship group?”

“Because I slept through the whole thing.” Spike said. “Hey, it’s no big deal! Twilight’s friends deserve what they got!”

“See? There you go! That’s the magic words: Twilight’s friends!” Scorpan said.

“Well hey now!” Spike leaned over and removed one of his cucumbers from one of his eyes to look over at Scorpan. “They’re MY friends too!”

“I wasn’t questioning that.” Scorpan corrected him. “But I mean, why are they your friends though?”

“Because they like me!” Spike said. “I’m really helpful to them!”

“Are you sure it’s not because you’re a friend of Twilight’s?” Scorpan asked.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Spike asked, feeling insulted.

“I’m just saying, they might like you because you’re close with Twilight.” Scorpan said. “If Twilight wasn’t there, just think about, would they be your friends?”

“Well, I… I…” Spike felt really confused after Scorpan explained that to him. He really felt like Scorpan could be right. Spike then got angry and asked, ‘Why do you care anyway? I just met you! You don’t know who I am!”

“I’ve meditated in that cave for a very long time.” Scorpan said. “I find you VERY interesting, Spike. I really respect you, and all that you do. You’re a very loyal friend to Twilight, and everypony you meet! But when I see you do all this stuff for your friends, it doesn’t look like you get the credit you deserve.”

“I get plenty of credit!” Spike said.

“What about the times you help Rarity out?” Scorpan asked. “You have a crush on her, do you not?”

Spike blushes in embarrassment. “Well… I mean, it wasn’t as strong as- ow, my eye! Ow! The mask stuff is getting into my eye!” Spike wipes his eye off with a towel, and places the cucumber back on his eye to stop any more of the chemicals from getting in. “Anyway, the crush isn’t as strong as it was before. I mean, before I was really loopy when I saw her! Now I just… you know… play it natural! I still really like her, but… there’s no floating hearts anymore! Besides, she rewards me for my hard work.”

“Uh huh, and what about when you slept in that library with Twilight?” Scorpan asked.

“What are you talking about?” Spike asked.

“You slept in that little doggy bed, didn’t you?” Scorpan asked.

“I have NO idea where you’re getting that from!” Spike said, feeling nervous. “I didn’t tell you that!”

“I meditate.” Scorpan reminded him.

“You mediate, but you’re stalking me?” Spike asked.

“I see what I need to see.” Scorpan said. “I don’t know if you noticed or not, but… Twilight hatched you and raised you, right?”

“I am well aware of that.” Spike said.

“And is she considered your mother?” Scorpan asked.

“I… I don’t know!” Spike answered, feeling uncomfortable with the conversation. “Scorpan, why are you asking me all these questions? This is getting really weird!”

“Spike, you’re a dragon living in a pony world!” Scorpan informed him. “All you’re doing with your life is doing chores and being the bag-boy of a princess! You’re her servant! Do you even have a destiny?”

“Ok, this is getting waaay too far.” Spike said as he stands up and places his towel around his waist. “I know who I am, Scorpan. I am Spike, and I’m my own dragon! I make my own decisions! I choose to stay with Twilight because I love her very much! She needs me as much as I need her!”

“Are you sure about that?” Scorpan asked as his questions started becoming more aggressive. “She goes on adventures without you, but do you ever go on any adventures without her? What do you do when she leaves you behind on your friendship retreats? Leaves you all alone? Do you even have a backup group of friends you hang out with?! And what about a destiny?!”

“ENOUGH!” Spike yells. “Enough, Scorpan! This spa treatment is over! You’re really making me feel uncomfortable! You’re telling me stuff that isn’t true! My friends all care for me deeply! I don’t need you or anyone else telling me otherwise!” Spike climbs out of the mud bath, and starts walking out of the room, but bumps into a pole on the way out.

“Uh, Spike?” Scorpan asked. “That’s not the right-“

“Ow!” Spike yells as he bumps into the wall a few feet from the exit door.

“Maybe you should take off those-“ Scorpan was about to suggest, but gets interrupted.

“I KNOW WHERE I’M GOING!” Spike yells as he turns around and walks towards the exit door, but ends up bumping onto the side. “Ow! Don’t you dare say anything, Scorpan!”

“I didn’t.” Scorpan corrected him.

Spike removes the cucumbers from his eyes, and removes the mask from his face. “Ouch!” He then tosses the mask aside and walks out of the room. He starts walking towards the exit door while facing Scorpan angrily. “I’m leaving now, and when I see you again, I don’t want anymore questions about my relationships with my friends, or what my life choices are! Got it?”

“I got it,” Scorpan accepts, “but you should really face forward while-“

“OW!” Spike yells as he bumps into the wall in the hallway right outside. “Don’t!” He yells as he covers his nose. “Don’t say it, Scorpan! Don’t say a thing!”

Once Spike walks away, Scorpan shakes his head and says, “Tsk, tsk, tsk. That dragon needs to know the truth. I really care for him, but he’s blind... no pun intended. He doesn’t know that his life is going nowhere by staying with that neglectful princess!”

Author's Note:

Scorpan is basically stating MY opinion of Spike's position on the show. I know it's not true, but sometimes in the front of my mind, I think that way.