• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 5,971 Views, 411 Comments

The Magnificent Six - Paradise Oasis



Twilight, Firefly, Glory, Surprise, Posey, and Applejack. After the age of Equestria has passed, Princess Cadence tries to train a new generation of harmony bearers. *starring the Original mane six, as they were intended to be*

  • ...
19
 411
 5,971

PreviousChapters Next
Fifth Lesson- A Test of Patience

Fifth Lesson- A Test of Patience

"Firefly, how could you?" North Star snorted in anger. "We explicitly asked you not to let the humans see you!"

"But, I just couldn't let those children..." She trailed off, seeing the stern looks on the other two ponies' faces. "Never mind, I'm sorry I broke my word."

"We'dbetterheadbackhome, " Whizzer snorted. "theprincesseswilldecidewhathappenstoyou."

Firefly's head drooped. "Let's just go back home."

As the three Pegasus take off from the fairgrounds, Firefly looked back. She was relieved when she saw that the two children were being helped out of the basket by the people at the fair.

"But it was a flying pink pony that saved us," Jerry protested, as they lifted him out of the balloon basket. "it really was!"

"Oh boy," One of the adults sighed. "the stories kids tell these days."

Confident none of the adults had been close enough to see her, Firefly turned and followed her friends back towards the rainbow. Soaring back over the rural landscape as the darkness of the night enveloped them.

I feel awful about what happened, but I couldn't let those children get hurt. Firefly though to herself, hanging back behind the other two. Gee, I sure am thirsty. I wonder if there's anything to drink around here.

As they approached the farm where they had first came from, Firefly saw the other two mares vanish into the glow of the rainbow. Looking down, the pink filly saw the white house and barn both painted with a matching purple roof. Spotting a small well near the barn, the Pegasus' thirst got the better of her.

Hmmm, maybe I could grab a drink before I head back. Zooming down towards the well in the darkness, Firefly failed to notice that she was flying right towards barn's weather vane.

"Whoooaaaaahhhhh!"

...

"Amanda, make sure you get those horses in the barn before sunset, all right?"

"Don't worry, Jack, I got it!"

Back on the farm where the ponies have first come from, the rancher and his wife were closing things down for the night. Taking the feed out to the horses, the blonde, blue-eyed cowgirl was startled by the sound of a loud splash coming from the old stone well on the property.

What in the world? Looking up, Amanda saw the horse-shaped weather vane spinning uncontrollably from being struck, and heard the sound of something splashing around in the water below.

Something sounds like it's trapped in the well. she thought to herself. Running over and peering inside, she began to turn the crank to raise the bucket. Whatever it is, sure is heavy. But as the bucket came up, the cowgirl was surprised by the sight of a pink pony with wings.

"Wh-what in tarnation?!" Amanda asked in shock, staring dumbfounded at the sight before her. "A f-flying pony?"

"Hey, I can talk, too!" Firefly snorted, shaking the water out of her wings, mane, and coat. "My name's Firefly, what's yours?"

The woman simply stared at her in shock, her mind denying this was actually happening. When Amanda failed to respond after a few minutes, the pink Pegasus finally took off again. "Well, I'd better be going. Thanks for saving me from that well. Bye bye!"

As the pink pony took off into the sky, the woman stared after her in a shocked silence. As Amanda stood there frozen, the rancher came walking up from the direction of the house.

"Amada, you all right?" Her husband asked, taking his cowboy hat off. "I though I heard a commotion out here."

"Huh? Oh, sorry hon." She shook her head, coming out of her daze. "I was just daydreaming is all. Hey, can you take care of the rest of the chores out here? I'm gonna go give little Megan her bottle."

Wow, those earth humans sure are strong and brave. Firefly thought to herself, as she flew back over the rainbow. If I'm ever in a jam again, I'm coming back here!

....

"Can you believe it?" Applejack snorted, looking around the room at the other fillies. "It's been almost half a day, and those three still haven't come back."

The five ponies were scattered around the room, each trying to pass the time in their own way. Twilight was busy reading a 1001 Arabian stallions, while Glory and Surprise were over in the corner, sneaking a look at Firefly's playfilly magazines. And Poesy was over at the planter on the table, talking to the flowers inside.

"Though no one else really seems to care." Applejack snorted in frustration.

It was at that point, that another knock came at the door. When AJ opened it, a timid jewel eyed pony stepped softly into the room, looking around at the other ponies nervously.

"Ummm, excuse me? I hope I'm not bothering anybody." Sweet Stuff whispered shyly. "But I wanted to take Poesy out to show her the royal gardens. If that's okay with you, of course."

"Well, Firefly doesn't seem to be back from her little adventure yet," Twilight Replied, looking up from her fairy tale. "and we don't know when the princesses are going to start testing us. Why don't you go enjoy yourself, Poesy?"

"Oh, thank you so very much, Twilight!" Poesy squealed with delight. "C'mon Sweet Stuff, I can't wait to see those flowers."

As the two ponies trotted out the door, Twilight walked over to Glory and Surprise, and shook her mane.

"Can't you two get your minds out of the trough?" she asked in disgust. "Honestly, looking at that appalling filth is so beneath us."

"This coming from the peeping pink pony?" Glory asked, looking over her shoulder coyly.

"Yeah, I'm sure the boys would love to hear how you got a eyeful!" Surprise laughed hysterically.

Twilight turned a deep red, glaring over at Applejack with a murderous stare.

"What?" The silly orange pony asked, shrugging. "They bribed me with apples. You know red delicious is my favorite."

...

The two ponies trotted out into the Royal Paradise's garden, tinkling and glowing by the light of hundred lanterns lining the pathway. Poesy's eyes went wide, as she saw endless rows of roses, daffodils, tulips, and lilies stretching out before her..

"Oh, my word!" Poesy exclaimed, looking around her in awe. "Sweet Stuff, I-I've never seen so many flowers in one place."

The yellow filly wandered from flower to flower, taking in their lovely scents. "Hello, my wonderful flowers, my name's Poesy. How are you today?"

Hello, Poesy. It's so wonderful to meet you.

A pony that understands us! Please, give us some water.

Such a nice little pony, let's be friends.

Now flowers are not intelligent, as everyone knows. But the magics of plants and the earth runs strong in earth ponies. And there never has, nor ever will be a pony who as in tune with the earth like Poesy is. She can read the intent and meaning of the plants as if they had minds of their own. And she can reply in kind, letting her meaning be known to them.

Finding a watering car nearby, Poesy filled it with water from the fountain, and went from row to row of the flowers. "Here, have some water for your dry leaves, you poor things."

"I knew you'd like coming here Poesy," Sweet Stuff said softly. "I didn't think the flowers would be in such bad shape, though."

"This is just awful." Poesy whinnied, looking around at the neglected plants. "Whose responsible for keeping these gardens up?"

"Well, usually the breezies maintain the gardens here. Guess they've been too busy with the Princesses spoiled demands recently." Sweet Stuff replied, her face drooping. "I'm sorry you had to see it this way."

"It's not your fault," Poesy replied, nuzzling the other shy pony. "Please don't feel bad, it's not your fault."

"Wail, wail, wail, whut have we heyah?" An angry voice snorted, as another pony trotted out into the gardens from the palace. "If it isn't Ponyland's two residant doohmats. Whatta y'all doin out heyah at this hourah?"

"Oh, Miss Truly?" Poesy asked timidly "I-I didn't expect to see you out here."

"Oh hi, Truly, so nice to see you." Sweet Stuff replied, no trace of annoyance or anger in her sweet voice. "Did you come out to look in at the flowers, too?"

"Naw, I heard some loud noises out yeah, disruptin' mah beauty sleep." The angry mare snorted, walking over behind Sweet Stuff. "And ahs fo bein nice ta see me, well ah cain fix thait raight naow."

And with that, Truly struck the back of poor Sweet Stuff's head, sending her jewel eyes flying clean out of their sockets. The gemstones went skittering across the garden, and landed in a rosebush with a loud *klink*.

"Oh dear, I can't see anything." The polite pony whispered, feeling blindly around with her hooves . "Don't worry you two, I'll find them on my own."

"Hey, that was a really mean thing to do." Poesy said quietly, going to the rose bush to get Sweet Stuff's eyes. "How can you be so cruel to your friend?"

"Oh, ah cain be even crueler than that, lil' miss tree huggah." She looked down at a rose near her hoof. "Oh, is this yo' lil friend heayah?"

"Oh, yes, all the flowers are my-"

CRUNCH

argrahhhhhhh!

The lovely red rose was crushed beneath the sneering mare's hoof, it's death scream echoing in the shocked Poesy's mind.

"W-what?" Poesy whimpered, her eyes going wide. "Why did you do that?"

"Awww, did I step on a rose?" The cold hearted mare sneered, crushing another flower. "Or was that just a daffodil?"

CRUNCH

ahhhhhh!

CRUNCH

aieeeeee!

CRUNCH

noooooooo!

CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH

Scream after scream from the terrified plants echoed in Poesy's mind, each a sharp stab to her gentle, caring heart. The death cries of those beautiful flowers, those wonderful friends, tore into her mind like knives. Over and over, like a hammer pounding a nail through her hoof, it hit again and again. The pleas from tulips and chrysanthemums, lilacs and marigolds, echoed in her mind. The helpless flowers begging, like children to their mother, for the yellow filly to end the earth mare's reign of destruction.

"Stop, Truly." The sobbing yellow filly whimpered, tears streaming down her face. "Please, I'm begging you, stop!"

"Oh, really? Than whaid ya'll wake meh up from mah beauty sleep?" The angry mare snorted, scowling at the other earth Pony. "They'ah's a price ta be paid fo' that, an unfortunately yo' little friends yeah gotta be the one's ta pay it."

Waking over to a golden bridle rose, the rare flower that blooms in Ponyland only once every fifteen years, the angry Dream Valley mare sneered at the whimpering timid filly.

"So what ya'll gonna do about it, little miss element of kindness?"

SQUISH

PreviousChapters Next