• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 5,971 Views, 411 Comments

The Magnificent Six - Paradise Oasis



Twilight, Firefly, Glory, Surprise, Posey, and Applejack. After the age of Equestria has passed, Princess Cadence tries to train a new generation of harmony bearers. *starring the Original mane six, as they were intended to be*

  • ...
19
 411
 5,971

PreviousChapters Next
Fifth Lesson- Heart to Heart Talk

Fifth Lesson: Heart to Heart Talk

It was later in the evening, after all of the girls had settled in, that several of them emerged from their respective rooms, and all met out on the deck. Each of the fillies introduced the other group to their roommates, and the ponies proceeded to enjoy each others company.

"Whoa, you're hard to keep up with!" Firefly gasped, as she lost her seventeenth flying race to the Speedy Whizzer. "I've never met a pony who could fly faster than me like that!"

"YouwerereallyslowontheturnsIcouldn'tbelieveRainbowDash'sheircouldbesoslow!"

"Slow!?!" The pink Pegasus snorted. "Hey, you wanna do another twenty laps around the boat? I’m sure ta win this time!"

Whizzer suddenly grinned a wide smile. "Sureyougotityou'reon!"

As the two ponies zoomed off again, Sweet Stuff complimented Posey on the lovely potted flowers she had brought on board.

"Oh, these daffodils are simply wonderful!" The jewel-eyed pony sighed, as she inhaled the sweet fragrance.

"Oh, you're too kind!" Posey replied bashfully. "All I really have to do is talk to them, and it makes them feel all special and happy!"

"Ah do declare, miss Posey! Y'all must be the silliest pony on this heah ship, ta believe thait those flowahs cain understand what y'all are sayin'!" Glory whinnied elegantly, trotting up to the two fillies. "Ah'm jest teain y'all, bah the way!"

"G-glory..." Posey uttered in shock, her eyes going wide. "D-did you just-"

"Tawt her the best ah could!" Truly said proudly, trotting up to where the other three ponies stood. "Naow she can appear as a lady befoah the Pahrincess ponies!"

"Oh, that's so wonderful, miss Glory!" Sweet Stuff exclaimed, smiling warmly. "I'm sure they'll accept you as a harmony bearer now!"

"Ah do declare, ah wish you ladies ahll the best of luck!" Truly exclaimed, throwing her mane back in a dramatic manner. "By the way, whar ah those fine stallions I saw y'all come on bahd with?"

"Oh, they said they were going to turn in early." Poesy replied. "Those boys have had had a rough day, and deserve some rest!"

"It must be really nice, having such strong and handsome men traveling with you!" Sweet Stuff replied with a sigh. "You have someone to carry all of your heavy luggage."

"Say, y'all wondah wheah Surprise and Fizzy ah?" Glory asked, looking around. "Ah saw them comin' up from below decks with Fieahfly an' Whizzah, but then they disappeahed."

It was at the point, that a bucket of water levitated itself up in the air, and moved over Glory and Truly's heads unseen. The bucket then promptly dumped itself on their manes, giving the two girls a surprisingly cold shower!

"AIEEEEEEE!" They cried out in unison. "MY MANE!"

"That was a great idea, Surprise!" Fizzy giggled, falling over in laughter. "Those two stuck up nags needed a cold shower!"

"They sure did!" Surprise laghed hysterically, falling over herself. "And you sure gave it to 'em!"

"Oh! You- you.... little scalawags!" Truly scowled, as Glory tried to magically dry out her mane. "Why I oughtta ring your little necks!"

It was at that point, however, that Applejack came trotting up from below decks.

"Wow, the stars up here are sure pretty tonight!" The orange earth pony exclaimed, looking around at the night sky. "Sure wish Twilight could come up and enjoy it, too!"

"OhwowyoumustbeApplejack!" Whizzer exclaimed, as she came zipping up after beating an exhausted Firefly at their last race.

"HiI'mWhizzer!SurprisetoldmeallaboutyoubutwhereisyourfriendTwilightyou'reroominwith?"

"Nice to meetcha!" The bewildered earth pony replied, barely able to make out Whizzer's words. "And Twilight is still below decks, the princess’s aide said she wanted a word with Twilight about something."

...

Deep within the volcano of gloom, the council of witches and warlocks sat in a semicircle, with the wicked Hidyia seated in the center. Lucky and the apple cross goblin watched from the back, s the most evil villains in Ponyland schemed their evil schemes.

"Why have you summoned us here, Hydia?" The beautiful Somnambula asked, admiring her wavy black hair and almond eyes in her hand mirror. "We know of your theft of the solar chariot, but what does this have to do with the rest of us?"

"There is a great threat to us, my brothers and sisters!" Hydia exclaimed, waving her enchanted ladle she used for spell casting around. "These six fillies the Princess has assembled, they pose a great threat to our vile order!"

"We are well aware of the danger these fillies pose, should they acquire the elements of harmony from the Princess ponies!" Beezin exclaimed, picking the roaches out from between his teeth with his dirty fingernails, and eating them. "But I was under the impression that you and your daughters were trying to eliminate the troublesome fillies!"

"My girls are out there, making another attempt to rid us of those ponies, even now!" The witch hissed, hopping up next to her bubbling cauldron. "But it is not the elements of harmony I fear, but something far worse for our wicked ways!"

Stirring the witch's brew with her ladle, Hydia conjured up an image in the billowing smoke of the six harmony bearer ponies, all standing in a circle.

"There was a prophecy, made long ago by Starswirl the Bearded, that six fillies would use the power of their Friendship to bring a champion from another world!" The old crone explained. "One who would bring the light of harmony back to Ponyland, and vanquish the darkness!"

In the center of the ponies in the vision, the image of a blonde human girl with a ponytail appeared, glowing as brightly as the sun.

"This child will be brought to Ponyland by these six from the other world, and she will destroy us!" Hydia yelled angrily.

"This child... what magics does she possess?" The feline witch Katrina asked, filing her claws nonchalantly. "Surely she must possesses a power greater even than the fair folk, if we are to fear her so!"

"She is nothing but a powerless girl, that we could easily destroy!" Hyidia spat in contempt. "But she will serve as a symbol to the ponies, one that will eventually restore the spirit of Friendship to these lands, and bring an end to our beloved dark age!"

"Well then, if this girl is such a threat to us weaving our wicked ways...." Beezin replied angrily. "I say we crush these ponies before they can bring her here!"

...


It was late in the evening, when Princess Cadence received a knock on her bedroom door on the ship. Looking up from the letter she was looking over, the alicorn levitated her small crown back onto her head.

"Come in, it's open!" The Princess whinnied.

"Hello, your highness." Twilight greeted her, trotting into the room and bowing. "Sorry I took so long to answer your summons."

"Yes, what did take you so long?" The alicorn asked in annoyance. "I summoned you nearly an hour ago!"

"My apologies, Princess. Applejack and I were busy... viewing some exotic art." The pink unicorn tried to hide her blush. "Anyway, you wanted to speak with me?"

"Yes, I've been meaning to speak with you about this letter you had delivered to me, when we were back at Fort Rainbow Dash." Cadence levitated the parchment up to look at it again. "I take it you've been working on this since we started our journey"

"Yes, your highness. I was attempting to lay out some of the issues I felt were cropping up during out journey, and draw them to your attention."

"Really now?" The Princess asked critically, legitimating her reading glasses on. "Dear Princess Cadence, I am writing you this letter to tell you how grateful the other girls and I are, that you decided to take us on as your students. It is a great responsibility to be chosen to be the next potential bearers of the elements of Harmony, but it is also a great honor for all of us to be considered to take up the mantle of our esteemed ancestors. I must draw your attention, however, to the fact we are not our ancestors, and do not have the same personalities and tastes, as such..." The Princess trailed off, glaring across the room at the unicorn.

"Oh... oh dear... I'm really sorry, Princess." The unicorn replied apologetically "Hearing that now, I was a little too blunt, wasn't I?" .

"About as blunt as a sledgehammer." Cadence whinnied in annoyance. "Just as you were when you teleported those guild masters into the lake. If you're going to be a harmony bearer, you need to have more tact!"

"I apologize for that, aunt Cadence." Twilight Shine replied, trying to be respectful. "I'll try to do better."

Skimming down through the letter, Cadence continued her criticism. "And what's this about .... while I know you mean well, you need to stop dropping every crisis on us, like you did with the situation on the train. Can't you see I was trying to train you on trial-by-fire? A crisis that needs the harmony bearers, isn't going wait for you to learn how to do the job!"

"But that's what you've been teaching us... how to be good harmony bearers!" The pink unicorn filly protested. "I've become friends with six fillies I never would have even tried to get along with, and together the six of us have saved four different herds with our friendship. We've come so far, and and done so much!"

"But all you still lack the qualities that saved Equestria from Discord and the changelings!" Cadence snapped back. "Firefly's a boy crazy filly whose always getting into fights, while Posey's too obsessed with her plants to be kind to anypony!" The alicorn's temper started to rise. "Glory wants to be a lady, but can't sew or get the manners right, and Surprise? She's so psychotic she's more likely to make a pony cry than laugh!"

"Hey, stop insulting my friends!" Twilight snorted, finally losing her temper. "They might not be your precious Equestrian ponies, but they have their own qualities that make them worthy of the elements!"

"And what about you, Twilight Shine?" Princess Cadence taunted her, her pain overriding her common sense. "Look at how wild and unkempt your mane style is! The element of magic should never let her neat and orderly hair get that long!"

"I really love this hairstyle! I saw it on a television show Dream Valley picks up from the human world!" Twilight snapped back, shaking her long and floppy locks out of her eyes. "So what if I style my mane after Farah Fawcett?"

"A filly should have her mind on this world, not the one across the rainbow bridge!" Cadence snapped, finally boiling over. "Twilight Sparkle would never have buried herself in fairy tales and wishes! Twilight Sparkle never would have dreamed of a stallion in shining armor sweeping her off her hooves, when she could take care of herself! Twilight Sparkle-"

"I...AM...NOT...TWILIGHT...SPARKLE!" The little filly screamed in anger. "I am Twilight Shine, a teenage unicorn with a special talent in romantic fairy tales and wishing! I'm not detail oriented, I don't care about technical aspects of magic, and I'm pink and girly and proud of it!"

"Twilight..." The Princess started, stunned. "I..."

"When I agreed to become your student, I thought there was so much you could teach me! I thought you'd be as great a teacher as Princess Celestia, to make me a better me!" Twilight stamped her hoof, tears streaming down her face. "But you want me to replace a dear pony you lost- and Aunt Cadence, I can't do that!"

She turned to trot out the door, turning her head to look back at the alicorn. "In my heart of heart of hearts, I am no Twilight Sparkle! And you are no Princess Celestia!"

Slamming the door behind her angrily, the distraught filly left the stunned Mi Amore di Cadenza behind her.

PreviousChapters Next