• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 5,927 Views, 411 Comments

The Magnificent Six - Paradise Oasis



Twilight, Firefly, Glory, Surprise, Posey, and Applejack. After the age of Equestria has passed, Princess Cadence tries to train a new generation of harmony bearers. *starring the Original mane six, as they were intended to be*

  • ...
19
 411
 5,927

PreviousChapters Next
Fifth Lesson- Journey to Elsewhere

Fifth Lesson- Journey to Elsewhere

"Can you believe the nerve of those... ohhhhhhh!" Twilight Shine growled angrily, as the girls trotted into thier posh rooms at the Royal Paradise. "How dare they put us to the test like that! After all we've done!"

"Now just calm yourself down Twilight!" Applejack snorted, carrying her bag over to her bed with her teeth, and setting it down. "They are perfectly within their rights to see if we're worthy of the elements."

"But who knows, when they're going to test us, or how?" Posey whimpered. "Oh, I'm getting nervous just thinking about it!"

"Twailaight, ah detected a hint moah angah direacted at Cadence than the pahrincess ponies." Glory told her. "Ahd ah do suspect that is was ovah more than just that silly ole alicorn legend!"

Twilight stared at her for a moment, scowling. "I don't wanna talk about it!" She snorted, before turning away angrily.

Applejack was about to say something to her, when the door suddenly burst open. Whizzer came zipping into the room, zooming past the other ponies, and practically toppling poor Firefly over.

"HeygirlsI'mgladIfoundyouall!" The speedy pony exclaimed, looking around the room. "HeyFireflyIwantyoutocomewithmethere'ssomebodyIwan'tyoutomeet!"

"Okay, okay Wiz, geez!" The pink Pegasus snorted, shooing the other pony off of her. "Just give me a second to stand, willya?"

"Sorrybutmyfriendreallywantstomeetyou!" Whizzer exclaimed, getting right to the point. "Andwebothwanttotakeyousomewhereandsoyousomething!"

"Alright, aright!" Firefly groaned, flying out the door after the other Pegasus. "Just lead the way!"

"Cain y'all believe that little speed daemon?" Glory snorted angrily. "The nerve ah her, just bargin' in heyah like thait! How'd she even faind our room, anyway?"

"I'm more wodering about how the boys are doing." Applejack whinnied in a worried tone, staring out the open castle window. "I hope Lightning's all right..."

...

Deep within the tunnels below the Royal Paradise, a large chamber echoed with loud whinnying and clinking of glasses. In a subterranean pub called The Dancing Human, the castle's population of stallions reveled in their hard-earned leisure time. Free from the constraints of the mare's society above, here the hard cider flowed freely, and tendrils of smoke and exotic scents drifted across the room. At one of the tables, a group of older colts sat around a table, their hooves full of cards.

"Three queens and an ace!" Lightning whinnied proudly, laying his cards down on the table. "Ain't none of you are gonna beat that!"

"Bah, I fold!" Quarterback, a blue earth pony with a blue mane, snorted in disgust. "My hand's nowhere near that good!"

"What about you, Steamer?" Thundercloud asked, looking over at the engineer colt. "Feelin lucky, tonight?"

"Ahhh, I dunno guys...." The pony engineer sighed, laying his hand face down on the table. "I'm really not feeling anything tonight!"

"Awwww, c'mon, buckaroo! It cain't be all that bad!" Tex, a yellow earth stallion in a cowpony hat, encouraged him. "Ah reckon yer mind's on that thar little filly, Posey!"

"Yeah... I've been thinking about her a lot." Steamer admitted. "I really haven't gotten to spend much time with her, and I really want to!"

"Don't worry about it, Steam!" Thundercloud reassured him, holding his hand of cards with his wings. "Firefly told me they're all busy with this element of harmony business right now. She'll have more time for you when this whole business is done!"

"I hope you're right..." The engineer sighed, as he picked up his cards. "Whose turn was it again?"

On the other side of the room, two stallions were staring each other down, a circle of ponies gathering around them.

"Why, you low down, no good trough feeder!" Fireball snorted, the stink of hard cider on his breath. "You take back what you said about my Glory!"

"Bah, you're not stallion enough to handle a mare, boy!" The equally sauced Slugger, a pink stallion with a white mane, spat. "Now, my Buttons! That's a mare who knows how ta have a good ti-"

He was cut off, as the mountain boy unicorn plowed straight into him. The two stallions collapsed to the ground-biting, kicking, and head butting each other. As several other ponies cheered them on, Barnacle's first mate Salty moved through the crowd, holding a hoof-full of Bright Valley bits over his head.

"Taking bets on on the winner here!" The blue stallion with a pink and purple mane called out. "Place your bets, right here!"

"Seventy-five on the earth pony!" One stallion called out, pointing a hoof at Slugger.

"Eighty on the unicorn!" Another bellowed, nodding towards Fireball.

As the two males battled it out, Barnacle and Tornado watched from the sidelines, sitting in a booth along the far wall.

"Can you believe those two, captain?" Tornado snorted in disgust. "Such a barbaric and violent group we stallions are. Our ancestors were never like this!"

"Ye've been locked in yer library fer far too long, lad! Spendin’ too much time among those mares and fillies, gettin accustomed ta their frilly ways!" Barnacle stuck a match, lighting his pipe. "Ta fight, ta protect, ta die... this is the stallion's life, lad. From the cradle, ta the glue factory!"

"That's actually kind of depressing, captain." Tornado sighed, looking around the room. "Is it truly out lot in life to be so uncivilized?"

"You want to talk uncivilized, lad, try this place's menu!" Barnacle snorted sarcastically. "Me crew and I are all Dream Valley ponies, and the barkeep informed me he has no meat in his storeroom ta feed to my men!"

The two continued talking for awhile, before a small, angry looking humanoid suddenly pushed the door to the tavern open, and stormed his way into the bar. After asking a few ponies a few questions, the diminutive figure made his way over to the table where the two ponies were sitting.

"You!" The little creature shrieked, pointing a dirty fingernail at the pony across from Tornado. "You are Captain Barnacle of Dream Valley, are you not?"

"By the horsemaster!" Tornado exclaimed, staring at the small green creature. "A goblin in the Royal Paradise!"

"Want business da ye have with me, runt?" Taikg a puff on his pipe, and blowing the smoke in the goblin's face. "What could be so important that ye'd risk yer life by comin' here?"

"You foul pirate! Your crew raided a treasure ship carrying several pounds of gold that belong to my tribe!" The boggle-eyed creature clad in rags growled. "Goblins demand compensation!"

"Very well, my good monster." Barnacle reached into his coat. "Ye shall be compensated. But tell me... how did ye come to acquire that valuable treasure, which was clearly of pony make?"

"Ohhh, got it in trade deal from ponies!" The goblin giggled, his hand coming to rest on the hilt of the blade he was carrying. "Mares and foals just dying to share their valuables with us!"

"That was all aye needed ta hear!" The captain suddenly stood up. "My good goblin, here is your compensation!"

Barnacle suddenly pulled out his pistol, and a loud BANG! echoed through the room. As the smoke cleared, the headless body of the offending humanoid collapsed to the floor.

"Good heavens!" Tornado exclaimed, appalled by the carnage.

"Goblins, such a stupid race, bragging about their victims like that." Barnacle snorted, blowing the smoke off the top of his gun, and re-holsetering it. Walking up to the bar, he gestured back towards the body. "My good barkeep, I believe I've found a solution ta our meat problem..."

....

"Wow, Whizzer! The view is so amazing from up here!"

"Iknowisn'titgreat?" Whizzer exclaimed, flapping around excitedly. "Iliketocomeuphereandgazeoutatthejewelsea wheneverI'mattheRoyalParadise."

The two Pegasus were on the roof of the Royal Paradise, staring out at the vast expanse of the jewel sea. From wear she stood, Firefly could swear that the crystal waves seemed to stretch out forever. It was only the sounds of a pair of hooves trotting up behind them, that broke the pink Pegasus out of her reverie.

"Oh, terribly sorry, old girl! Hope I didn't disturb you!" Another pink Pegasus apologized, trotting up to the two of them.

"No, it's ok." Firefly replied, looking this newcomer over. "This the friend you were talking about?"

"Yeahisthisisher!" Whizzer exclaimed, her jewel eyes twinkling excitedly. "FireflythisisNorthStar, NorthStarthisisFirefly!"

"Hey there!" Firefly greeted the Pegasus with the compass cutie mark. "Whizzer said ya wanted to me meet me? You must've heard how awesome I am!"

"Yes, terribly good to meet you!" North Star told her, shaking her purple mane. "Blimey, we've heard all about your going after the elements of harmony an' all... an' I just wanted to tell ya... all of us Pegasus are pullin for you, Firefly!" The pony with the British accent explained. "I just thought I'd come here to the Royal Paradise, and see if you'd like to go on a small flying holiday... before you started your trials for the elements, that is."

"Wow, that's sounds great!" Firefly exclaimed, her face beaming. "Oh, but I'll need to go check with Princess Cadence, ta see if it's all right!"

"Jolly good idea! Why don't you go ask her now!" North Star exclaimed. "Whizzer and I shall wait here for your return."

The harmony bearer candidate nodded excitedly, then ran back downstairs to talk to the alicorn princess.

After she had left, the two other Pegasus exchanged knowing glances, and nodded.

"WellIknewshe'dagreetoit, sheistheadventeroustype!" Whizzer exclaimed, zipping around over North Star's head. "Butdoyoutreallythinkthebestwaytotestheristakingherthere?"

"The Princess Ponies believe this is the best way to test her for the element of loyalty, so this is how she shall be tested." North Star replied, lowering her wings. "The princess ponies specifically asked that Dream Valley carry out the trials for them, ignoring the antagonism between our kingdom and the Confederacy. And for paying us that honor, Dream Valley shall see it done."

...

It wasn't long, before the three Pegasus had taken to the skies. Firefly had been surprised that Princess Cadence had given her permission to go. It surprised her even more, that she had suggested she go without telling the other girls, that the princess would inform them, personally. Still, she didn't want to keep the other two on the roof waiting, so off the three Pegasus went.

"Wow, Ive never actually flown this far before!" The teenage filly exclaimed, as the passed over the edge of the jewel sea, and back into Ponyland proper. "Where exactly did you say we were going, again?"

"Oh, somewhere I doubt you've ever been before." North Star replied cryptically. "I'm sure you'll find it terribly exciting!"

Passing over mile after mile of forest and fields, the three flying ponies soon came to a flattened out valley covered by an endless forest. Although the pink Pegasus didn't recognize it at first, Firefly quickly figured out where they were.

"Hey, it's Dream Valley! Wait till I tell Twilight and Glory we visited their home turf!" The filly said with a laugh. "But what the heck are we doing out here?"

The other two Pegasus didn't respond, and Firefly noticed they were heading straight towards a large cliff with a waterfall. At first, she thought they were going to land on top of the waterfall. But then Firefly noticed the solid-looking rainbow coming out of the mountain’s peak.

And suddenly... she knew.

"The Dream Valley rainbow! Wait, you're not going to-!" Firefly's eyes went wide. "Girls, you can't be serious! Our gooses will be cooked if we go over there!"

But even as the pink Pegasus spoke, Whizzer and North Star vanished into the large band of colors. Firely barely stopped in front of the rainbow.

"Oh man, if I go into the rainbow, the Princess will have my head!" Firefly thought to herself. " But I can't just leave those two get hurt!"

After only a moment's hesitation, Firefly dove straight into the rainbow pathway.

PreviousChapters Next