• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 5,956 Views, 411 Comments

The Magnificent Six - Paradise Oasis



Twilight, Firefly, Glory, Surprise, Posey, and Applejack. After the age of Equestria has passed, Princess Cadence tries to train a new generation of harmony bearers. *starring the Original mane six, as they were intended to be*

  • ...
19
 411
 5,956

PreviousChapters Next
Third Lesson- Love and Tolerance

Third Lesson- Love and Tolerance

"Great, this is just great!" Applejack groaned, covering her face with her hoof. "What're we gonna do now?"

The four fillies had been arrested by the Flutter pony authorities, and were sitting in a bamboo cell, high in a flutter pony treehouse. Ever since they had been brought here, Twilight had been trying to figure out a method of escape, while Firefly was constantly smashing herself up against the bars, trying to find a weak spot. While Glory paced back and forth nervously and muttered to herself, Applejack trotted over towards their group's leader.

"Come up with anything yet, Twi?" The orange earth filly asked, looking from the pink unicorn to the bars.

"No luck." Twilight sighed, staring at the cell walls. "That pollen they doused Glory and I in are still blocking our magic!"

"Ugh! I can't budge these bars!" Firefly snorted, slamming into the bamboo again and again.

"The bars have been alchemically treated, so that they are stronger than iron." The pink unicorn replied. "If we all struck them together, I still don't think we could break them!"

"That's just great!" The pink Pegasus yelled. "We need to get outta here, girls! all of the dirt in this cell is corroding my wings!"

"Not to mention the food there giving us, is enough to turn a rodent sick!" Twilight agreed, turning a bowl of the gruel the guard had brought them over with her hoof.

"Hey gruesome!" Applejack yelled through the bars. "Mind lending us a mandible here?!?"

In the opposite cell, Sting sat on the ground, glaring at the four ponies with his one good eye. Having been locked up for his part in the disturbance, Sting had been locked away for his actions, just as the girls had been.

"I got nothing to say to ya miserable ponies!" The bee-man snapped back. "I got no regrets about standing up to you for the honor of my queen!"

"S-sting, look... I-I'm really sorry about your eye..." Glory told him guilty, looking at Sting's now patch-covered eye. "I just saw you fighting with Firefly... and I was afraid you were going to hurt my friend!"

"Your wasting your time talking to him, Glory!" Applejack snorted. "Both of those hotheads are responsible for that fight!"

"A fight that could have been avoided, had cooler heads prevailed!" Twilight continued, causing both the bee and Firefly to wince.

"Look, maybe I was a bit irrational." Sting admitted. "But Pointer told me you four were talking against Queen Bumble! I came to defend her honor!"

"Bumble? We didn't come to talk about no bee queen!" Applejack snorted. "We came here to get our friend back!"

"Pointer told me she was a friend of our queen, and you were trying to take her by force!" Sting then thought for a moment. "But... why were her eyes glazed over like that?"

"Seems like this Pointer told you a lot of things." Twilight replied.

"Sounds ta me like you were sacrificed in order to get us thrown in the slammer." Firefly agreed.

"My queen would never do that!" He protested. "But... Pointer would! That guy has wanted to get rid me for a long time! I wouldn't put him past him to pull a stunt like that!"

Before etiher side could mull over these ideas further, Cloud Puff trotted into the prison area, and motioned to the guard to leave.

"I'm going to be administer some treatments to the fillies, that involves topics that stallions have no business hearing." The doctor told him. "Go, and take the bee with you."

"Treatments that are for... fillies?" Glory turned pale. "Twilight, I really don't like the sound of this..."

"Yes, m'am! Be careful though! They've been plotting to escape all day!" The flutter guard saluted, and opened the door to Sting's cell. "All right, let's go!"

"You're wrong about my queen!" The apodian yelled back, as the guard saw him out. "She would never sell me down the river, you'll see!"

After the two had left, Doctor Puff quickly went over, and opened the cell that contained the four girls. Motioning for them to get out of the cell, she quickly spread poured a liquid over the two unicorns horns.

"Here, this will allow you to use your magic again!" Cloud Puff tells them. "You have to hurry and get out of here, you haven't much time!"

Three of the ponies quickly exited without question, but one stopped dead in her tracks.

"But,wait..." Applejack asked, stopping at the cell door. "Why are you, a flutter pony, helping us?"

"Because I've let myself be bullied and pushed into doing many horrible things for Wingsong..." the medical mare told her. "But she's about to do someting so horrific, I couldn't live with myself if I just sit idly by."

The mare then proceeded to expalin about the Flutter mare's horrible plan, causing the four fillies to become sickened with disgust.

"Why that monster!" Firefly yelled angrily. "Twilight, we gotta stop her!"

"I can't believe anypony would do something that horrible!" Glory whinnied in disbelief. "And to use Bright Valley's prince as a Trojan pony like that!"

"Cloud, where has she taken Prince Clever?" Twilight Shine asked. "We need to try and save him, before the liquid is applied to him!"

"They've taken him to my apothecary." Cloud told her. "Follow me, and I'll show you the way!"

"What about Poesy?" Firefly asked, as they eixted out through the back window. "Where are they keeping her? And why is she acting like that?"

"Wingsong threatened to have all of your killed if she didn't play along!" Cloud Puff snorted. "She's been spending a most of her time with the Queen!"

"Which means Posey's safe for the moment. We'll have to rescue her after we stop Windsong." AJ told the others. "If that cutie Pox get out, it could leave all of Ponyland defenseless!"

"Hurry up, girls! I can hear the guard coming back!" Twilight exclaimed, as the last of them clambered out the window.

...

"So tell me, Starry Wings, have been enjoying your stay here?" Rosedust asked the quiet Poesy, as the two of them trotted through the Fluttershy memorial gardens. "I haven't seen you take flight or frolic with the other flutters, since you received your wings!"

"Yeah... couldn't be happier..." The yellow filly replied sadly, her wings drooping.

The queen stared at her for a moment, before smiling. "Don't worry about that disturbance your friends made, I'll release them back into ponyland after they've cooled thier hooves in a cell for a few days.Sting's short temper and lack of tact brought his own misfortune on himself." She shook her mane. "I still have to decide what to do about Moring Glory and Honeysuckle, though. They shouldn't have just let your friends just trot into our kingdom like that."

But as they continued trotting, Poesy said nothing, much to Rosedust's surprise. As the two came near the park's gazebo, the queen caught sight of Lady Flutter and Surprise, sitting at a small table together, and sipping from a small set of teacups.

"Queen ladybug loves your jokes, miss Surprise!" The little flutter filly giggled. "And you're wonderful company at a tea party!"

"I'm happy her highness invited me, Lady Flutter!" The white Pegasus bowed to an empty chair. "I always love making new friends!"

"Is that a Pegasus pony?" The queen asked in shock.

"Oh no, Surprise!" Poesy gasped, putting her hoof over her mouth. "What's she doing?"

"Flutter, what... what are you doing over here?" The Queen asked the little filly. "And what is this Pegasus doing here?"

"Oh, hi mommy!" Lady Flutter waved. "I invited miss Surprise to our tea party, here at the ladybug kingdom!"

"Yeah, we've been having a lot of fun!" The childlike teenager giggled. "She's even been teaching me how to play flutter hopskotch!"

"That's... that's nice dear." The queen couldn't believe it! Not only had this Pegasus made it inside the kingdom past her guards, but here she was, playing with the heir to the throne, as if she was a flutter pony herself! There was no threat or malace in the innocent Pegasus's actions, only a childlike joy.

"Perhaps they are not as different from us as we like to think..."

"Your majesty?" Poesy asked, speaking up.

"What?" Rosedust turned, surprised that the filly had finally spoken up. "Yes, starry wings, what is it?"

"Poesy, Queen Rosedust. My name is Poesy." The filly flexed her wings, her voice growing stronger with confidence. "I was taken from my friends against my will, and I have a lot to say about my treatment here. Especially at the hooves of a certain Lady Wingsong..."

...

Back in the treehouse Apothecary, the three flutter conspirators had brought the Prince of Bright Valley to prepare him for his journey home. They had even prepared a warm bath for Clever Clover, so that he might return to his wife fresh and clean.

"Go ahead and dive in!" Wingsong told the stallion. "We prepared this bath especially for you!"

"Are you certain it's safe?" Clever Clover stared at the large tub of liquid suspiciously, uncertain of what to do."How do I know I won't sprout wings like miss Poesy did?"

"We're sending you home, why in the world would we do anything funy to you?" Pink Dreams snorted.

"Now hurry up and get in, before the water gets cold!" Wind Dreamer insisted.

But just as the prince went to stick a hoof in, four fillies suddenly burst in the door.

"What're you four doing here?" Pink Dreams yelled.

"How did you fools get free?" Wind Dreamer snarled. "The queen ordered you held for several days!"

"Lets just say we got an early release!" Firefly snapped back.

"Clever Clover, get away from there!" Glory cried out. "That bath is filled with a cutie pox plague!"

"I knew it!" Clever snorted, jumping back from the vat. "I knew that bath was a trick!"

"You stupid ponies, you ruined everything!" Wingsong growled furiously. "We'll kill you for this outrage!"

Pink Dreams dove straight at Glory, who teleported out of the way, causing the flutter to slam into the wall behind her.

"You're going to have to be quicker than that to get me!" The white unicorn quipped, as the flutter dove at her again. Glory tried to jump away, but Pink Dreams tackled her to the ground. But as she jumped on the filly, Glory zapped her straight in the face with her horn, causing her to roll away in pain.

Wind Dreamer sent a gust hurling at firefly sending her flying backward.

"What's wrong, Pegasus?" The flutter mare snarled. "Can't handle a little wind?"

With a grimace on her face, Firefly struggled against the flutter wind, slowly pushing herself towards the attacking flutter, the pink Pegasus caught her opponent by surprise.

“H-how can this be?!?” Wind Dreamer Whinnied in shock. “No one can resist the utter flutter!”

“No one except me, ya windbag!” Firefly snorted, holding her ground in midair. “I’ve dealt with worse that your hot air!”

“Hmph.” She replied smugly, keeping up the strong current. “Well, there’s not much you can do there, while struggling against my flutter!”

“I can keep you distracted, that’s for sure!” Firefly replied, grinning.

“Huh?” Wind Dreamer asked, before Applejack kicked her from behind with a loud CRACK, sending her flying out the tree house window.

“End of the road, Wingsong!” Twilight launched a blast of energy from her horn at the flutter noble. “You’ll not be wiping out pony kind today!”

“I’ll kill you for ruining my plans, harmony bearer!” Windsong snarled, flying out of the way of the blast. “First you, then all of your stupid friends!”

The angry Wingsong dove straight at Twilight in a blind rage, causing the pink unicorn to teleport out of the way. Totally lost in her rage, the mad flutter pony flew clear of her original mark…

… and landed in the cauldron with a mighty SPLASH!

“Aieeee! Somebody help me!” She shrieked, splashing around in the cauldron. The liquid in the cauldron began to go down, as her body absorbed the concoction like a sponge. Climbing out of the cauldron, Wingsong began to wobble around.

“I-I don’t feel right… w-what’s happening to me?“ Suddenly, she began to change a myriad of colors, as cutie marks began to cover her whole body. Basketballs and shooting stars covered her hooves, while rainbows and lollipops covered her face.

“What- what’s happening to her?” Glory asked, horrified.

“She absorbed a dosage of a cursed potion, seven times larger than normal. It’s like one pony having six cases of cutie pox at once.” Twilight replied sadly, knowing what was going to happen next. “There’s nothing we can do for her now.”

It was a horrifying sight to watch, but none of the ponies present could look away. Wingsong began moving at a rapid pace- first tap dancing, then playing hopscotch, then break dancing. Faster and faster she went, her motions becoming a blur as she jumped from special talent to special talent faster than the pony eye could see.

“Please! Heeeeellllpppp meeeeeeeeee!” She wailed, her movements becoming and more frantic. Until it finally concluded with a loud, disgusting SPLAT! It was like a bug hitting a windshield, with slimy bits of flutter pony showering all over the room.

“Ewwwwww!” Glory cried out, dodging the flying goop. “Gross!”

Horrified beyond words, Firefly and Twilight could only stare in disgust. Applejack, however, was as ready as ever with an appropriate comment for the situation.

“Well now.” The orange filly snorted. “I guess she was just too talented for her own good!”

PreviousChapters Next