• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 5,986 Views, 411 Comments

The Magnificent Six - Paradise Oasis



Twilight, Firefly, Glory, Surprise, Posey, and Applejack. After the age of Equestria has passed, Princess Cadence tries to train a new generation of harmony bearers. *starring the Original mane six, as they were intended to be*

  • ...
19
 411
 5,986

PreviousChapters Next
Final Lesson- Transference of Harmony

Final Lesson- Transference of Harmony

As the monster truck zoomed it's way across the jagged surface of the Crystal sea, a groggy stallion opened his eyes to the light of a new day. Groggy at first, he blinked at the sunlight coming through the vehicle's back window.

"Oy, where am I?" Tornado mumbled in confusion, looking around. "Why the heck is my body so stif- oh my."

His question was quickly answered, by the sight of a lovely pink mare lying on top of him. Twilight Shine yawned, stretching her body like a cat awakening from it's slumber, before rolling over and burying her face in his mane.

"Umm, Twilight?" The stallion whispered, nudging her gently. "Twilight? We're almost back to the Royal Paradise."

"Hm?" She pulled her head up, blinking the sleep out of her eyes. "Oh, Tornado, I-" Her eyes suddenly went wild, as she saw where she was lying. "Tornado, what are you doing-?" Recalling everything that had happened, she pulled away from the stallion on horror, blushing furiously. "What in the name of-?!?"

'Take it easy, Twilight. It'll be okay, I promise." Feeling the roil of emotions coming from the pony next to him, the stallion to the shocked filly into his hooves, and held her against his chest. "Everything's gonna be all right."

"T-this wasn't-" The filly stuttered. "I-I didn't expect-"

"Don't worry about it Twilight." Tornado reassured her, gently licking her mane and nuzzling the filly. "We'll get this whole thing sorted out after the ceremony is over, I promise."

Felling a wave of calm from the stallion beside her, she leaned back against the stallion, letting a soft sigh of contentment escape her lips. "You're right, everything is just perfect." She leaned back against the stallion. "Everything really is going to be all right."

...

The truck soon pulled up at the Royal Paradise, and the guards whisked Twilight Shine away to the Harmony candidates quarters. There, after a shower and some grooming, the other fillies were waiting there to meet her.

"Hey girls!" Twilight exclaimed, as she walked into the bedroom.

"Twilight!" The other five exclaimed, rushing towards the filly in excitement. the Harmony Bearer candidates embraced each other in a big group hug, then quickly began firing questions off at their new arrival.

"Twilight, so glad to see you back!" Glory called out. "How was Misty Mountain?"

"Yah, how was your trip?" An excited Surprise whinnied. "Was it a whole lotta fun?"

"Twi, glad you could make it." Applejack grinned "You ready ta become a harmony bearer?"

"Twilight, what's shakin!" Firefly asked, slapping her on the back with a hoof. "How was the 'private time' with Tornado?"

The other ponies all looked at her in shock, with a scandalized Poesy and embarrassed Twilight both turning a deep shade of red.

"Twilight, you did what?" The yellow filly asked in horror.

"H-how did you find out?" An embarrassed Twilight inquired.

"Ehhh, Four Speed has a really big mouth." The pink Pegasus replied nonchalantly. "You really think he didn't notice you two back there?"

"Wow Twilight. Tornado... really?" Surprise looked at her skeptically. "Isn't he a little too old for you?"

"Girls, I don't mean to interrupt, but we do have a ceremony to prepare for." Glory reminded them, pointing to the dresses hanging in the closet behind the six of them.

....

Down in the grand gallery that lead to the ballroom, Princess Cadence waited for the six fillies, tapping her hoof impatiently. With her was Zipzee, the Breezie who was head of the Royal paradise's ladies in waiting. The alicorn was wearing a blue re-creation of the gown she had worn to greet the Equestria games inspector all of those years, but this time her mane style was her usual one. Glancing up the staircase nervously, she kept waiting for the familiar forms of the harmony bearers to appear.

"Where are those girls?" The princess asked nervously, trying not to pace the floor. "The guests are all gathered, and the ceremony is set to begin in only a few minutes!"

"Try not to worry, your highness!" Zipzee replied, zipping around the princess's head. "I'm sure it's just taking them a little extra time to get their outfits on."

"I certainly hope you're right, Zipzee." The alicorn sighed. "I just hope the five personalized dresses they ordered from Bright Valley look as good as-"

"Don't worry, Aunt Cadence!" A voice called out from the top of the steps. "We're here!"

As the six fillies came trotting down the steps, the alicorn could not believe how lovely they all looked. Six beautiful gowns that looked very similar, but each spoke to the individuality of the respective harmony bearer. Poesy was wearing a lovely long withe party dress, with pink flowers printed all over it. Firefly was clad in a blue dress with lightning trimming all around the edges, and a high collar. Applejack, in a complete departure from her original gala gown, had gone for a more traditional old western style red dress, complete with a red apple print, and a red bustle for her flank. Glory was clad in a glittering red evening gown with a blue sash, and Surprise was decked out in a crazy multicolored mishmash that defied description. While Twilight, elegant as ever, was dressed in her grandmother's beautiful pink princess gown, the ancestral pink tiara crowning her head once more.

"Oh girls, you all look so wonderful!" The princess declared, tears streaming down her face. "Oh, I can't tell you how very proud I am of you all!"

"Thank you so very much, princess." Poesy replied bashfully, looking at the ground. "But we wouldn't be here if it weren't for you."

"Yeah, you taught us by experience." Firefly agreed eagerly. "Ya taught us by experience, and encouraged us ta solve things on our own."

"You taught us when nothing but fun was too much." Surprise followed up, sounding a lot more controlled and self-restrained than usual. "And when it's time to get serious."

"You reminded us of the good traits we already had," Applejack continued, trying to hold back her tears. "And remind us of better times...times that made us smile."

"You brought together a group of arguing ponies, allowing us to become the best of friends with each other." Posey added.

"You made us the element bearers we are about to become, Aunt Cadence." Twilight shine finished "And we are so very, very grateful for everything you've done for us!"

Staring at the ponies she had been through so much with, Cadence opened her hooves, and the six fillies ran into a big group hug. Sobbing and wiping the tears away from their watery eyes, Cadence smiled down at the little ponies.

"Come on Girls." The alicorn told them. "Time to go in there, and receive your elements."

The girls trotted into the brightly-lit ballroom, and were dazzled by the bright lights, and multitude of colors. Ponies of every shape, size, and type were gathered, their eyes on the small group of fillies making their way down the plush red carpet that had been rolled out on the marble floor. On one side, clad in all of their finery, stood the five colts, who they had spent so much time with on this journey, and who had come to mean so much to them. On the other stood Truly, Butter Pop, Brightglow, and so many of the other fillies and mares who had done so much to get all of them here. It was the greatest experience the girls had ever witnessed in thier young lives.

As the six made thier way up the asile, the band started up an old, haunting tune that was well known to everyone present. The national hymn of the Confederacy, it was a song far older and more beloved than any song that had been sung by the original Harmony Bearers. Dating back through the mists of time to even before the founding of Equestria, it was said to be the original song the Horsemaster had sung to the first foals she had created, bringing ponykind into the world;

My little Pony, My little Pony
Isn't the world a lovely place?
My little pony, my little pony
Every where you go a smiling face!

Running and skipping, jumping and tripping
watching the morning unfold!
My little pony, My little pony
What does the future hold?

Finally, the six fillies arrived up at the dias at the far side of the room, where the six princess ponies were waiting with the wands that contained the elements of harmony. The music came to to a stop, and every pony present turned their attention to the spectacle about to unfold. As Twilight and the others kneeled, Princess Tiffany stepped forward to speak.

"Friends, subjects, and visitors from afar. We are grateful to have you here for this auspicious occasion... this historical moment in the history of ponykind, In ages past, six young fillies were brought together, through the power of friendship, and together defeated a great evil that threatened all of Equestria. Now, those six's brave descendants have some forward, united in friendship to defeat the great evils of this darkened age."

The six princess ponies trotted forward, and lay the six wands before Twilight and her friends.

"Now we, the princess ponies, descendants of the great alicorn sisters of night and day, pass these elements of harmony to a new set of champions. Fillies who have proven their generosity, kindness, laughter, loyalty, honesty, and friendship not by words, but by their heroic deeds. May both the power of friendship and the will of the great horsemaster guide them in their new task of Protecting Ponyland, as it once guided their ancestors, so long ago."

The six fillies stepped forward, and each picked up one of the wands in this mouths, and turned to face the assembled ponies.

"Ladies and gentleman... I give you your new harmony bearers!"

The entire crowd burst into a thunderous applause, the sound of a thousand hooves clapping together filled the harmony bearers ears. Surprise did not laugh, Firefly did not act foolish... even Posey kept herself calm in the face of a thousand onlookers. Looking from the end of the line, Applejack just smiled at the other girls. "Ya did good, ladies. Ya did real good."
...

"This is it, this is the day Ponyland DIES!"

As the ceremony unfolded far to the north, an evil witch arose from a volcano, riding on a blackened chariot, pulled by an enormous dark alicorn. Trails of fire raced behind the wheels, as the nightmarish dark steed galloped towards the royal oasis. On the ground below, the other members of the order of gloom turned their heads skyward, gloating at their success as they left the volcano of gloom, and each made their way home to scheme new schemes, and to plot new mischief to carry out against a soon-to-be-ponyless Ponyland.

"This is the day you will pay for ruining my family, Cadence!" The old witch cackled, as her vehicle roared across the sky. "Look out, new harmony bearers! Here comes Hydia!"

PreviousChapters Next