• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 5,967 Views, 411 Comments

The Magnificent Six - Paradise Oasis



Twilight, Firefly, Glory, Surprise, Posey, and Applejack. After the age of Equestria has passed, Princess Cadence tries to train a new generation of harmony bearers. *starring the Original mane six, as they were intended to be*

  • ...
19
 411
 5,967

PreviousChapters Next
Sixth Lesson- The Mysterious Medallion

Sixth Lesson- The Mysterious Medallion

"I am so glad you could come make it here, Fraulien Twilight." Bright Bramely told the filly, as the they trotted their way towards the palace. "The disagreement that has occurred in our ruler's absence, has gotten far too out of control for our court to handle."

"Thank you, my good chancellor." The pink unicorn replied, looking back over her shoulder at their stallion companion. "I have always wanted to see our dear Tornado here's hometown."

"Twilight, please..." Tornado replied sheepishly, lowering his head.

"Oh, don't be so shy, Herr Firehooves." Bramely laughed. "This little Burgh of ours is quite proud that four of our colts, are the official protectors of the harmony bearers. Why, our dear Burgermeister is even thinking about naming a holiday in you four's honor."

"Tornado, you're going to be a celebrity!" Twilight teased him. "I'll have to remember to get your autograph, and I hope you'll remember all of us little ponies when you become big."

Turning his head away, the blushing stallion only snorted in response.

Walking into the inner courtyard of the royal citadel, Twilight and her two companions were approached by an entourage of nobles and equine guards. Bright Bramely bowed respectfully to the unicorn mare at the center of the group, causing Twilight and Tornado to follow suit.

"Ahhh, welcome Fraulein Twilight!" The crowned mare greeted her, trotting up to the bowing filly. "I am Princess Silver Rain, regent of Misty Mountain kingdom in my mother's absence. I am most pleased that mother has sent you to assist us in our... little dispute."

"Thank you, your highness." The pink pony replied, looking up at the princess. "I hope I am able to help you to bring harmony back to your little community here, even though I am currently unaware of what exactly said problem is."

"Ah, I kind of figured mother would leave an important detail like that. That is kind of her way, after all." The princess then pointed a hoof back towards a glittering translucent green earth stallion standing behind her. "May I introduce Count Emerald Ray, representative of the crystal pony Junkers here at the castle."

"And unfortunately, one of the chief causes of our 'little disagreement' here at the castle." Bramely grumbled, as Emerald trotted up to the other pony.

"Guten tag, Fraulein Twilight. " The stallion with the yellow sun cutie mark bowed his head to the impressionable filly. "It is an honor to finally meet the leader of the Harmony candidates, who has been the subject of so much gossip throughout the breadth of Ponyland."

"Oh, wow, quite the charmer." The filly replied sarcastically, cocking an eyebrow at the handsome pony. "I can't believe a noble pony like you could possibly cause any sort of trouble."

"Sadly my dear, I am indeed at the center of this particular problem." He shook his mane. "But I think we would perhaps all be more comfortable discussing it inside."

Silver Rain nodded, and the entire party moved up the stairs to trot into the large, wooden doors. Inside, Twilight looked up towards the ceiling and walls, and was entirely amazed. Intricately carved wooden paneling, depicting scenes from the long-lost crystal empire, ran it's way up the wooden columns and ornately decorated walls. Detailed paintings of the surrounding mountains, and the stars of the glittering night sky, decorated the upper walls and ceiling, making the entire hallway feel like the kingdom's alpine-like countryside in miniature. As her eyes scanned the room, the filly noticed small clockwork figurines zipping in and out of openings in the walls. Pony skiers, human shepherds and their flocks, and tiny model trains speeding through the mountains- the primitive clockwork carvings may not have been as advanced as Bright Valley's technology, but it had a beauty and artistic style that in some ways surpassed it.

"Wow, this is all so fantastic." Twilight whispered in awe, trotting along slowly to take everything in. "I can't believe I never noticed all of this when I was here the first time."

"Considering our princess had all of you brought through the lower gate, I'm not surprised that you've never seen the great hall." Bright Bramely replied, moving towards the door to the throne room. "Cuckoo clocks, wood carving, and simple mechanical devices are our kingdom's greatest exports. Even the other races can't seem to get enough of our masterpieces!"

"Would you please stop sounding like an advertisement, chancellor." Princess Silver snorted, as she trotted up and sat on her golden throne with lovely purple cushions. "Now, would you and Junker Ray please enlighten our guest to the particulars of our present situation?"

"At once, my princess." Bramely turned back towards their guest. "As you may or may not know, Misty Mountian society is divided between the Crystal pony aristocracy, who run the city's political and upper crust affairs, and the common ponies, who work with their hooves as craftsmen and laborers."

"In other words, we're the ones who keep society running smoothly, while they are the ruffians who do the menial jobs." Emerald Ray added, adjusting his monocle.

"The point is, we two societies have lived here together for centuries, separate but in harmony, each doing our part to keep things running." The chancellor snorted, glaring at the stallion. "Ever since Princess Cadence established this place as a refuge for both regular ponies and crystal ponies alike."

"But rafter our princess left with you six on your journey, an event had occurred which altered the strained co-existence that has existed between our two pony herds." Junker Ray continued. "Two pony miners, digging deep into the mountain’s mighty face, happened across an ancient artifact, one in which the court mages tell us is emanating an extremely high level of magical power."

At that, the princess motioned towards two of the unicorn guards, who left the room and came back levitating a small cedar chest into the room. Setting the box down in front of the harmony bearer, the two unicorns stepped back warily as they levitated the lid open.

"What- what is it?" Twilight asked nervously, glancing into the opened container. Inside, the pink filly noticed a small black medallion with a red gemstone on it. It was decorated with a set of obsidian-colored pony wings, and a pony's head with a unicorn's horn coming out of the top.

"We believe it to be some sort of ancient Equestrian artifact, that was probably buried in the mountain for safekeeping during the Grogar wars." Silver Rain explained. "Our mages think it may be possible to tap it's nearly limitless reserves of magical power, but our two communities cannot seem to agree on-"

"The problem is the well-to do ponies cannot see that such energy should be tapped for powering our machines!" Bright Bramely interrupted. "Our craftsponies could increase production of our clockwork exports for barter, benefiting all ponies here at Misty Mountain!"

"And you foolish commoners cannot see the benefits of allowing the medallion's power to be tapped for our purposes!" the Junker snapped back angrily, pacing around the elegantly decorated throne room in disgust. "The palace unicorns could direct that magic towards making our lives better, and having the effects trickle down to your kind. You regulars are too-simple minded to handle such power properly."

"Why you stuck up, sniveling aristocrat!" Bright Bramely snorted, finally losing her temper. "How dare you translucent snobs insult our intelligence!"

"How dare a lowly earth pony mock me in such a manner!" The angry stallion snarled back. "I should have you horse whipped for your insolence!"

" Junker Ray, if you dare to threaten a mare in my presence again, I'll have you dragged kicking and screaming down to the dungeons to be gelded." Silver Rain said coldly, staring at the noble pony with a steely gaze. "She is your superior, stallion, regardless of your nobility. Are we clear?"

"P-perfectly, your highness." The terrified Junker replied submissively, his eyes going wide in terror. "I promise you, it shall not happen again!"

"And you, Bright Bramely, you should know better than to provoke a male." The princess snorted in an annoyed tone. "Tormenting the shorter-tempered half of our race, is an action beneath my mother's chancellor."

"My apologies, princess." Bright Bramley apologized. "I shall try to avoid such base behavior in the future."

"My apologies, Fraulien Shine. This is what I have to deal with on a regular basis " Sitting back on her throne, the princess sighed. "The sooner my mother returns, the better it will be for my nerves."

"Oh, it's quite all right, your majesty." Twilight replied with a chuckle. "I've personally seen how stressful being in charge is for a pony." She glanced over at Tornado. "And I am also well aware how temperamental and disagreeable stallions can be." The pink mare looked back to the princess. "In any case, I think we should concentrate on the reason I was sent here to be tested."

"Quite right, my dear." Silver Rain replied, returning her attention to the medallion. "Twilight Shine, I have asked you to come here, to decide which community at Misty Mountain should get the medallion. It will be up to you to figure out which usage would be more beneficial to our community; a job most certainly suited for the element of magic candidate."

"Hmmm, thats not an easy thing to decide, even for a harmony candidate." The pink filly replied, staring into the box at the mysterious medallion, thoughtfully. "In order to decide which use is right for the medallion and it's power, I'd have to know more about both the regular pony community here at Misty Mountain, as well as the Crystal Ponies."

"My dear filly, I would be more than happy to show you around our fair community tomorrow." Emerald replied with a wide smile. "By the time I'm done, I am certain you will see things our way!"

"I'm sure there's quite a lot you'd just love to show me." Twilight raised her eyebrows, staring at him incredulously. "But for the sake of impartiality, I'll take you up on your generous offer."

"And I volunteer Tornado to show you around our community the following day." Bright Bramely replied, nudging the stallion forward. "I'm sure he can convince you that our cause is the right one."

"Is this plan acceptable to all of you?" Princess Silver replied, as the other four ponies nodded their heads in agreement. "In that case, I suggest we adjourn from the evening, and pick this up on the morrow. Twilight, Bramely, if you'll come with me, I have some matters I wish to discuss with you personally."

As the three females left, Emerald Ray trotted over to the other stallion in the room.

"Well scribe, I am pleased to see you made it back here in one piece." The crystal pony sneered. "It would be a shame if we lost the pony who shuffled our books around for us."

"Shut your trap, Ray." Tornado snorted, turning away from the other stallion. "I'm in no mood for your bucking insults right now."

"Awww, the normal commoner pony is mad at me." Emerald replied mockingly. "Whatever are you going to do, use your unicorn powers to turn me into a frog?"

"Hey, just because I'm not a crystal pony, doesn't mean I'm a commoner!" The stallion snapped back. "I'm a Jarl through my father's linage, and I don't have to take garbage from the likes of you!"

"But you'll certainly take it from the likes of those mares." The Junker snapped back. "Don't think I didn't notice you simpering in silence like an obedient little foal back there when they were talking."

"I've learned to respect my betters, a lesson you would do well to take to heart." Tornado chuckled. "Unless your ready to part with something very valuable, that is."

"I also saw the way you were looking at that little filly over there." Emerald licked his lips. "Mmm, such a fine little dish. Pity she'd have no interest in an ugly old fossil like you."

"You keep your dirty hooves away from Twilight, you flanking slimeball!" Tornado snorted, his eyes blazing. "Besides, a mare's natural instincts would see though an oily creep like you in ten seconds flat!"

"Maybe so, but she still has to give me my fair time tomorrow to present my case. Plenty of times to put my hooves in places that will drive you into a rage." He turned to trot out of the room, While Tornado fought back the urge to lower his horn and blast this creep. "Face facts, old man. A kind and beautiful little treasure like that, could never love a washed up, aging stallion who wasted his life dreaming, instead of going after his dreams. You always were a pathetic loser, Tornado, and you always will be one!"

...

After all the ponies had left the throne room, the shadowy form of a uniform emerged from the darkness. Trotting over to the locked chest, her horn glowed as she analyzed the box.

"Protected by a sealing enchantment, blast it!" The unicorn thought to herself. "No matter, the fools don't even realize what it is they have here. Not even the historian recognized it."

Trotting away from the box, the shadowy pony stared out at the darkness. "Oh, my foolish little cousin, do you really think you'll be able to bring peace and friendship to these two stupid groups of ponies?" The filly chuckled quietly to herself. "But don't you worry, little Twilight. Once you fail, I shall take the alicorn amulet from these fools, and teach the Misty Mountian herd a lesson they'll never forget!"

PreviousChapters Next