• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 5,970 Views, 411 Comments

The Magnificent Six - Paradise Oasis



Twilight, Firefly, Glory, Surprise, Posey, and Applejack. After the age of Equestria has passed, Princess Cadence tries to train a new generation of harmony bearers. *starring the Original mane six, as they were intended to be*

  • ...
19
 411
 5,970

PreviousChapters Next
Sixth Lesson- Getting it Together

"Sixth Lesson- Getting it Together"

"Hey Glory, we're back!" Applejack called out, sticking head through the door. "You finished with that outfit yet?"

"Oh, hello ladies." The white unicorn whinnied, as the other four fillies came trotting back into the room. "Hold on just a second, I'll be with you as soon as I'm done here."

Glory was finishing up the last touches on the dress, when her friends came in to see what she was doing. Levitating the last few pieces into place, the purple-maned filly turned back to face the other ponies.

"Okay, there!" Glory said at last, a smile of satisfaction crossing he face. "I've finally got Twilight's Princess dress clean, and looking good as new."

"Wow, you really did do a good job." Firefly noted, looking over the gown's lovely satin and lace ribbons. "This thing looks even better than it did before." The pink pegasus then turned away, crossing her hooves. "Not that I'd know anything about girly dresses, though."

"Thanks, I just can't wait too see the look on Twilight's face when she sees what I've done." Glory looked around behind the four returning ponies. "Speaking of which, where is Twilight? I was worried about how's she was handling the whole situation."

"Aww, she's fine. Princess Cadence wanted ta talk ta her after I left." Surprise replied, hopping up on her bed. "But she and I had already made up, so it's all good."

"Well, I am certainly glad to hear that!" Glory exclaimed. "Honestly, you really need to be more careful how you go about playing those tricks of yours, Surprise."

"Now Glory, " Poesy chided her gently. "What's done is done, she's already learned her lesson."

"I just wish she had learned it before Fireball had to go away for training." The white unicorn's ears drooped. "Thanks to tat stupid dress prank, I don't know when I'll see him again."

"Glory!" Fireball yelled, galloping into the room, rushing past the other girls to embrace the other unicorn in a big hug. "I'm so happy to see you again! I've missed you soo much!"

"Well, speak of Cao Cao, and Cao Cao appears." Firefly commented, shaking her head.

"What the hay does that mean?" A confused Applejack inquired.

"Human saying I heard Tornado using." Firefly shrugged. "Thought saying it would make me sound smarter."

"Fireball? What are you doing here?" A shocked glory asked, as the colt continually licked her face. "I thought you were being sent away to training?"

"That was just part of what the fillies were supposed to tell you." Princess cadence added, trotting into the room with the other three colts. "It was the final part of all your harmony tests."

"Harmony tests? Wait, what?" Surprise asked in a confused tone. "Ya mean we already took those? But I don't remeber-"

"I think I know..." Glory added thoughtfully. "When North Star and Whizzer took Firefly to the human world. And when Posey was bullied by Truly. Those were the tests, wern't they?"

"But, we failed at those!" Firefly protested. "I betrayed ponykind by rescuing those kids."

"And I failed to show kindness when Truly was being a big bully." Posey whimpered. "We both blew it, big time."

"You did exactly what you were supposed to do, don't you see?" Thundercloud exclaimed, grinning at Firefly. "By saving those kids, you showed loyalty to your fellow living creatures, and to yourself."

"And you stood up to a bully who was making Sweet Stuff's life miserable, overcoming your own timid nature." Steamer added, nuzzling the pink filly. "That is a vary rare kindness, indeed."

"Surpise learned the true purpose of laughter when she made her friend feel better." Fireball added. "And you showed the meaning of generosity when you were willing to sacrifice seeing me, so you could repair Twilight's dress."

"I am so very, ver proud of you all!" Cadence smiled, trying to hold back her tears. "You performed even better than I thought you would."

"Hey, you guys knew about all this?" Firefly asked the colts, annoyed.

"We wanted to tell you so badly, but we didn't want to mess up your trials." Lighting replied, lowering his head in front of Applejack. "I'm sorry we didn't say anything. I hope you're not angry with us."

"Aww, you were just doin what Princess Cadence told ya ta do." AJ replied, trotting up to the orange colt, and nuzzling him. "We don't hold it against ya."

"Hey, you girls know what this means?" Firefly yelled, leaping into the air in excitement. "We totally did it, we're the new harmony bearers!"

"Yaaay!" All of the girls exclaimed, dancing around the room with the colts as Surprise bounced around the room over their heads in exultation.

"Girls, we need to celebrate!" Glory exclaimed, as Fireball spun her around. "If the princesses will give me permission, I'll arrange the most spectacular gala for us that ponyland has ever seen!"

"Hey, wait a minute, girls." Surprise suddenly stopped in midair. "What about Twilight? Shouldn't she be here to celebrate with us, too?"

"Yes, about that." Cadence coughed nervously. "Twilight has not yet past her trial for the element of magic. I've sent her and Tornado to solve a dispute back at Misty Mountain."

"Whoah, so that's where she is." Firefly admitted "We hadn't thought about her not overcoming her trial yet."

"Gosh, is there anything we can we do to help her?" Posey asked, concerned about her friend.

"Naw Posey, she's gotta earn the Elements by herself," Applejack replied, as Lightning started grooming her. "just like we did, even if we didn't realize it."

"Don't be so sure about that, Applejack." Cadence warned her. "Magic, the most elusive of all the elements, is only revealed by the friendship of the other five. You and your friends may yet have a role to play in the adveture ahead of Twilight."

....

Two floors below the harmony bearers' room, five mares were relaxing at the Royal Paradise's beauty salon. Attended by four lovely Perfume Puff ponies, the Dream Valley mares couldn't believe how heavenly

"Wow, I can't believe those girls did it!" Fizzy giggled, picking up a magazine as the stylist slipped the hair drying machine down onto her mane. "We sure set things up for them really good, didn't we?"

"I know, I can't believe how Posey stood up to Truly's cruelty. That pony is really, really brave." Sweet Stuff sighed, as one of the Powder Puffs levitated a pair of shears up to give her a trim. "A little of the top, leave the bangs, please."

"Hey naow! That was just an act ah put on back theah." Truly snorted, as another stylist gently applied lipstick and makeup onto the earth pony's face. "Ah may be a lil' stuck up an ahll, but ah'd nevah hurt another pony like thait."

"Well,IreallythinkyoudihurtGlory, byconvincinghertotalkinthatsillyaccent." Whizzer replied, as another mare swiuted a mane dye onto her head, and worked it in with her hooves. "It'sareallygoodthingthatshefinallystoppedusingit."

"Blimey, Whizzer, don't be so hard on 'er." North Star finished, as a Perfume Puff stylist washed her mane in the sink. "She was just tryin to help the girl be more presentable to the royal princesses."

"You thought you were doing something really nice for her, so it's okay." Sweet Stuff added in. "I'm more worried about how Twilight's doing at Misty Mountain."

"I just can't believe Twilight has to go and resolve a dispute between those upper crust crystal pony snots, and the common ponies in Cadence's kingdom." Fizzy whinnied. "Do you think she'll be able to do what the princess expects of her."

"She'll be jolly fine, Fizzy." North Star assured her friend. "But there's more to this mission than just solving another dispute. This is a test of magic, after all."

"Speakin' ah magic, Nawrth Stah, what's this I heah about y'all an' Captain Barnacle?" Truly asked, cocking an eyebrow at her friend. "Word ahround Dream Castle is he's been spendin' ah lot ah time with his ship docked in y'alls port."

"Hey, that's none of your bloomin' business, Truly!" North Star snorted, offended at the other pony's innuendo. "I met the good cap'n during an adventure in the Zebra lands. He gave me a ride home when my wing was broken." The pink pegasus sneered over at the twinkle-eyed pony next to her. "And what's this I hear about you and the captain’s first mate Salty, ay Fizzy?"

"Wh-what do you mean? Salty and I are only friends!" Fizzy asked, blushing deeply. "He and I met when I was working at the Satin Slipper, serving up malts. And he really, really liked the chocolate malt I made him. I have no idea what he sees in me, though."

"Ah do decleah, he probably just can't get enough of puttin his spoon in yer malts, sein how he loves them so much." Truly sneered. The other four mares just scowled at her.

"Yourmind'sreallyinthegutter, yaknowthattruly?" Whizzer scowled at the other mare angrily. "Youreonetotalkseeinashowyoucan'tevengetadate.AndyoumakeajokeaboutmyboyfriendbeingtoofastandI'llhoofslapyousilly."

"Who says ah even want a stallion, you stupid old nags?" Truly snorted. "Besides, I don't think there's one out there that can match up to my standards."

"Not to change the subject here, but did you girls here about the witches from the volcano?" Sweet Stuff interjected, trying to restore the other ladies to civility. "I heard they had attacked Twilight and Tornado on their way there."

"Yeah, but I heard those two klutzes tried to go after 4-Speed's truck, but all they did was ram into each other!" Fizzy giggled hysterically. "Reeka and Draggle are so dumb, they're more of a threat to each other than to anybody else."

"Aye, those to might be harmless enough, but that mother of theirs is truly a terror." North Star shivered. "Blimey, I can't help but thinking she's going to send them back here to cause trouble back here, and send something even worse after poor Twilight."

"Awcomeonyourworryingtoomuch." Whizzer scoffed, as the stylist finished up with the dye in her mane. "Whatcould thaosegoofballspossiblydotous?"

"C'mon girls, we need to get back upstairs." Sweet Stuff told the others. "The princesses and Glory are already starting to plan the harmony bearers' victory celebration."

"Ah do declah, it seems a bit prematuah to celebrate somethin' that hasn't happened yet?" Truly asked, as one of the Perfume Puff ponies finished putting her lipstick on.

"Well premature or not, we should get back to Cadence and the princesses." North Star told them. "If they are planning a party, they are going need our help."

PreviousChapters Next