• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 5,970 Views, 411 Comments

The Magnificent Six - Paradise Oasis



Twilight, Firefly, Glory, Surprise, Posey, and Applejack. After the age of Equestria has passed, Princess Cadence tries to train a new generation of harmony bearers. *starring the Original mane six, as they were intended to be*

  • ...
19
 411
 5,970

PreviousChapters Next
Sixth Lesson- Back to Misty Mountian

Sixth Lesson- Back to Misty Mountain

"Tornado!" Twilight called out excitedly, as the colt came trotting into the chamber beneath the castle. "I'm so happy you're here!"

Galloping up to the surprised blue colt, Twilight tackled him in an embrace that almost knocked the poor pony over.

"Whoa, easy there, Twilight! I'm happy to see you, too." Tornado laughed, hugging her back. "Listen, Twilight... I'm so sorry about what happened back in Fort Dash. I did a very foolish-"

"Don't worry about it, you big goof." She smiled pulling away from him. "Firefly and I talked, and we both realized you made a very bad mistake." The pink unicorn then narrowed her eyes. "But if you ever pull a bigoted stunt like that again, I swear I'll have to kick some horse sense into you."

"Okay, got it." Tornado replied with a nervous laugh. "Though I probably still should apologize to Firefly for my stupidity, as well."

"I'm afraid I'll have to wait." Twilight shook her mane. "The Princess is sending up on an important mission back to Misty Mountain, and it supposed to be for my Harmony Bearer test."

"I know, Fireball briefed me on Princess Cadence's orders." The blue unicorn replied. "It's kind of funny I'm being sent with you back to my hometown."

The two ponies had been ordered to go into the carriage house beneath the castle, where all of the royal forms of conveyance were kept. They were told to wait for the earth pony, who would transport them back to the city-fortress that Princess Cadence ruled.

"Darn it, where the heck is that Four Speed?" Tornado snorted in annoyance. "He's always late when somebody's got someplace they have to go."

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be here soon. "Twilight replied, looking around the room. "Good grief, some ponies so impatient sometimes."

"Did somebody call my name?" A pale blue stallion with a dark blue mane asked, trotting down the stairs from above. "Sorry I took awhile, but I was kinda busy with a filly I was having lunch with."

"Always the ladies man, aren't you Four?" Tornado rolled his eyes. "Look we just need you to get us to Misty Mountain, all right?"

"Speaking of which, how do you intend to get us to our destination?" Twilight trotted through the carriage house, looking over the various chariots and wagons. "You going to be pulling us in a nice Hoofkaido rickshaw? Or maybe a lovely pink Mustangia surrey?"

"Actually, I'm looking to drive you there in this little beauty." He smiled, pointing his hoof over to a far corner. There, Twilight and Tornado saw a large blue monster tuck, with red and white stripes painted along the sides.

"Meet Big Hoof, Bright Valley motorpsorts's largest exhibition truck." Four Speed trotted over to the giant iron contraption, putting a hoof on the hood. "This baby will crush all the dangers in Ponyland under these big tires, and get us there in no time."

"Wow, this thing looks incredible!" Tornado whinnied, inspecting the behemoth of a vehicle. "What kind of horsepower does this beauty have under it's hood?"

"Of course... why take something cute looking across the countryside, when you can ride it a loud, smelly, dirty pile of junk?" Twilight snorted in contempt, as the two boys looked over the machine, talking excitedly. "Why are colts and stallions so obsessed with big, oil dripping machines?"

"Wow, the interior looks so roomy." Tornado replied, looking though the truck's windows. "So, how does she handle on the open countryside?"

"Why don't we find out?" Four Speed asked, a wan smile crossing his face. Opening the cab's door and climbing inside, the earth pony stuck the key into the ignition with his hoof, and the mighty engine roared to life beneath him.

....

""Aieeeeeeee! Too high! Too High!"

The huge monster truck bounced and roared over the countryside , bouncing over the rocky dunes and hills that sent it flying high into the air. Four Speed was sitting in the front seat and laughing, while Twilight was bounced and jostled around in the back seat.

"Yeehaw! This is so awesome!" The earth pony exclaimed, spinning the wheel as the other two equines held on for thier lives. "Isn't this the most awesome ride you've ever been on?"

"Awesome? Are you kidding me?" Twilight cried out, as another bump sent her flying into Tornado's lap. "I feel a freaking soccer ball the way you're throwing me around!"

"I dunno," Tornado smirked, as the pink unicorn clung to him. "This ride seems pleasant enough to me."

"Awww, you two ponies are such softies." Four Speed laughed, adjusting his goggles with one hoof as he kept the other on the wheel. "It's just like the roller coaster you'd go on at the amusement park, only bumpier."

"Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick," Twilight groaned, putting a hoof to her mouth. "this is the kid of trip only Firefly could love."

"Yeah, she does seem to have the taste for the extreme." Tornado noted, as the truck bounced them again. "Well, at least we're safe from the witches and all of the other horrible things roaming the countryside."

"Well, I suppose that's one good thing." Twilight said, adjusting her position in settling in Tornado's lap. "I have this crazy feeling that those two hags are still after us."

"Well, we'll be safe from them at Misty Mountain." Tornado replied with a smile. "Our defenses can repel anything from an army of goblins, to a dragon!"

"Huh, well, I didn't get much of a chance too look around when I was there last time." The pink filly sighed, resting her head against the stallion chest as the truck bounced again. "So tell me, what's your hometown really like?"

"Well, it's a nice enough place to live, if you like a mountaintop that's cold nine months out of the year." Tornado replied. "We normal stallions and mares make up the commoners of the city's population, all of the upper class Equines at Misty Mountain are Crystal Ponies."

"Crystal ponies?" Twilight sat up in surprise. "But I thought they were all wiped out centuries ago. Except for the snow pony tribes, of course."

"There were several dozen Crystal Ponies who fled with Cadence when the empire fell." The stallion historian told her. "Their crytstal-ly descendants serve as Cadence's royal court, and their shiny coats and manes serve as signs of nobility at Misty Mountain."

"So they are probably going to be the ponies I'll be helping for my test, huh?" Suddenly, the monster truck jolted, and began going in a vertical direction. "Hey! What's going on?"

"We're just starting our ascent of the Purple mountain range." Four Speed told them, pulling his bomber jacket tighter. "Better hold onto him a little tighter, missy. Cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride!"

As the monster truck began to climb the mountain’s mighty face, Four Speed slowed the vehicle down to a steady crawl.

...

"Look! There they are!" Reeka exclaimed, as she and her sister flew along after the moving vehicle on their broomsticks. "We can't let that filly get away!"

"Don't worry, Draggle!" The fatter sister yelled back. "We'll get em' this time!"

Raising their hands over their heads, the two witches began chanting attack spells.

"Behold, the power of fire!" Reeka exclaimed, as her hand burned with a roaring flame.

"Watch out, the power of ice!" Draggle hissed, her hand pulsating with a glowing blue sphere of frozen cold.

As the truck rolled through a mountain pass, Their magic at the ready, the two witches dove on their brooms towards the slow moving truck. But the vehicle suddenly jumped forward, shooting right out of Reeka and Draggle's path.

"Look out!" The skinny one shrieked, throwing her hands up in front of her face.

"Aieee!" Her fatter sister wailed, trying to bring her broom out of the dive.

BOOM! The two brooms collided together, causing a violent explosion that mixed magics together.

"What on earth was that?" Twilight asked, looking out through the back widow of the truck.

"Oh, don't worry about it," Four Speed replied. "That was just the engine, lurched us forward really quick like that."

"No, I meant that loud noise outside." The pink filly replied, seeing nothing out on the mountainside. "Almost sounded like an explosion out there."

Out on the cliffside, two dizzy witches tried to stand up, their faces scorched by heat, and bitten by frostbite from their misfired spells.

"Did... did anybody get the license number of that truck?" A woozy Draggle sputtered out. "No wonder we never fly on those things that much."

"T-this is gonna be harder than he thought." Reeka muttered, as they stumbled their way back down the path. "C'mon, we'll catch up with em' at Misty Mountain, then we'll get that pony real good!"

...

Zipping it's way over the mountain peaks and passes, the oversized truck soon arrived at the walled citadel of Misty Mountain fortress. Pulling up to the exterior gates, two pony guards in armor motioned the vehicle on though.

"Okay you two, we're here." Four Speed called out, opening the door for them. "Everybody out."

The two ponies stepped out of the vehicle, and onto the cobblestone streets. Looking around, Twilight noticed the intricate carvings on the wooden chalets, and the three kinds of ponies all moving about the streets, going about their daily work.

"Oh, wow," The pink filly said in amazement. "I can't believe I didn't notice how nice this place looked the last time I was here."

"You were stuck in the palace last time, my dear." The unicorn stallion replied, taking in a breath of fresh air. "Ahhh, it's so good to be home."

But before the two ponies could do much looking around, a familiar orange mare with a pink mane came galloping up to the two new arrivals.

"Tornado Firehooves? Lady Twilight?" The exhausted mare gasped, almost out of breath after running all the way from the castle. "Oh, I'm so glad I've found you. You won't believe what's going on up at the palace!"

"Bright Bramely?" Tornado's eyes went wide. "Chancellor, what in the world is the matter? Has something happened at the castle?"

"Princess Silver Rain sent me to get you both, right away!" The chancellor gasped, motioning back towards the castle with her head. "You two won't believe what has happened!"

"Then lead the way, Chancellor Bramely." Twilight told him, as the two ponies started back. "We'll see what we can do to help."

PreviousChapters Next