• Published 6th Feb 2017
  • 5,858 Views, 236 Comments

You Are Brutally Shut Down By Best Pony - Flutterpriest



Professing your feelings is a moment of fragility. The way your crush responds is the difference between pure joy, mild disappointment, or soul crushing pain. These stories emphasize the latter of those three.

  • ...
29
 236
 5,858

Cheerilee

The little fillies and colts scuttle away from school as they head off to enjoy their weekends. Sitting on a park bench outside, you patiently wait for your moment to arrive. The moment to ask Cheerilee out on a date. You've chatted with her a few times before and she seemed to be extremely nice. It's been pretty lonely around town, so you figured, why not? She was single, you were single. It just seemed to make sense.

Rising from your bench, you take confident strides to the schoolhouse. Okay Anon. Just relax. Don't come off as too needy. Just be nice and casual.

Taking the steps two at a time, you step inside the room, filled with tiny desks, and a purple mare at the front, gathering papers together at her desk.

"Knock, knock," you call to the room.

Cheerilee looks up, taken by surprise.

"Oh! Anon. What a pleasant surprise! What brings you out here? I was just about to lock up."

"Oh, I got off work early, so I figured I'd take a stroll. Saw all the little ones running about, so I guessed school was out for the weekend," you answer.

"Yep, I'm sure they are all delighted to run home and do the homework I gave them," she chuckles. "Well, most of them, anyway."

"Yeah. I bet," you say. "So, does this mean that you are free for the weekend?"

She looks up, throwing on her saddlebag and walking towards the door. She lets out a nervous chuckle as she tries to look away from you. Are you being creepy? Are you being too forward? You're probably being too forward.

"I wish. I have so many papers to grade. Oh and chores. Busy, busy," Cheerilee answers.

You know what? screw it. You've wanted this for awhile now. She's good with kids. Kind. Sweet. Warm hearted. You're going to regret never giving it your all right now. She stops in front of you as prepare the words you've thought of all day.

"Too busy to grab dinner with me?"

Cheerliee blushes and looks away. There. Now it's just the waiting game. No more nights asking yourself if this could ever be. Now, you'll get your definitive answer.

"Oh... Anon. That's really sweet, but... I don't think that's a good idea," she answers.

You're shocked by her answer, but it's only fair. It's her decision. But, in order to save yourself from months of crippling self doubt, you decide to go for broke.

"Why?" you ask.

Cheerilee sighs, and looks to the floor.

"I just..." words slowly coming out of her mouth. "I don't think I could date a human... it's just... I don't know. You're a really nice guy and all... but I'd prefer to date somepony, well. That's a pony," she answers quietly.

You look down at her, your heart shattered as she looks away.

"I really better lock up, Anon. I'd prefer not to have a human around the school while it's unlocked."