• Published 6th Feb 2017
  • 5,830 Views, 236 Comments

You Are Brutally Shut Down By Best Pony - Flutterpriest



Professing your feelings is a moment of fragility. The way your crush responds is the difference between pure joy, mild disappointment, or soul crushing pain. These stories emphasize the latter of those three.

  • ...
29
 236
 5,830

Princess Celestia

"Sister, we simply cannot believe that after all these years, that you could not have found a possible significant other," Princess Luna says. "You have such beauty, such grace..."

Princess Celestia sits on her throne as her sister's attempts at small talk create an unsettled feeling in her stomach. Her eyes are focused on a nearby window, seeing the clouds pass by in Canterlot.

"I've said it before, Luna and I'll say it again. When I find somepony special, I'll make my feelings clear to them. Until that day I'm very busy ensuring that the citizens of Equestria are safe and happy," she calmly replies. "I can't allow myself to become distracted from what's really important. Keeping the peace and harmony of our lands."

The words "Even if it hurts me" sits on the edge of her tongue, but she swallows them. Celestia shakes her head and looks back to the Princess of the Night. Luna rolls her eyes and looks away from her.

"Well, what of some of the guards?" she asks. "A personal guard to escort you around the castle would be nice, would it not?"

"Luna, I would never mix work and play," Celestia replies. "You know this. And speaking of work, shouldn't we be seeing the next pony?"

"Why would you not mix them?" she asks.

"Why would you? Wait... Have you?"

"What if we have?" she answers with a smile.

Princess Celestia shakes her head and returns her gaze to the nearby window.

"I don't want to know."

"Well, what about some of the royalty we've met in our travels?" she asks. "There are many fine representatives of other lands. I'm sure it would also further the diplomacy of Equestria as well, unless you also consider that work."

Celestia shakes her head, trying to suppress a growl. Why wouldn't her sister just drop the subject already.

"I need somepony that's... simple. Somepony who doesn't need a lot in order to really be happy." she answers, his face forming in her mind. As much as she lied to herself, she knows exactly who she wants. There wasn't a doubt in her mind.

When she was alone, her mind constantly drifted to the human that visited her at least once a week, Anonymous.

At first it was for his odd arrival in the land of Equestria, but the two of them grew close. Except... she had no idea how anypony in Equestria would respond to an interracial relationship. It could have been different if, like Luna said, if it were to mix cultures and combine empires. Like, a male changeling with domain to merge two strong, independent empires. Thus, she's kept her feelings for the human to herself. And now her sister was unknowingly pouring salt into the wound.

"Well, how about that Anonymous hooman?" her sister asks innocently.

Celestia's form buckles as if she were suddenly struck by lightening. She gasps. That was the last thing she expected her sister to say. And if her sister found out...

"H-ha! You surely must be kidding, Luna," she replies, acid in her tone. "I may not have had somepony special in a long time... but Anonymous? He's not even a pony! How could I possibly love a human? There's nothing there, Luna. Nothing could possibly happen."

Luna remains silent as Celestia glares out the window. Was that good enough? Was that enough of a show? Will she drop the subject now?

"How could you even suggest such a ridiculous notion. Of all the-"

"Good Afternoon, Anonymous." Luna says harshly, cutting off Celestia. There, standing right before the throne was the human who just entered the throne room, holding a bouquet of sunflowers.

Celestia felt the wind escape her lungs as the human turned on the spot and walked out without a word.