• Published 6th Feb 2017
  • 5,840 Views, 236 Comments

You Are Brutally Shut Down By Best Pony - Flutterpriest



Professing your feelings is a moment of fragility. The way your crush responds is the difference between pure joy, mild disappointment, or soul crushing pain. These stories emphasize the latter of those three.

  • ...
29
 236
 5,840

Vinyl Scratch

The roaring beat of the nightclub pounded through the night air for hours and hours, but it had to die down eventually. The tired out ponies make their way out in small groups, each with their own degree of hobbling and stumbling. It may be two A.M., but your night wasn't over yet. In addition, you’re one of the last in the club to be stone sober.

Every night, you've tried your best to help the local DJ, Vinyl Scratch, tear down her equipment and get to know her in the process. It started out with the most innocent intentions. You just really liked her mixes and you think EDM is awesome. Yet, as you've gotten to know her more, you've found she's a pretty awesome person too. Er, Pony.

The lights in the club turn on and the special effects lighting turns off as she gathers her records into a carrying case. Just like every other weekend, you approach her with a wide smile and rest your arms on one of the massive amplifiers.

"Nice show tonight," you commented.

"Really?" she asks. "I felt a little off my game. Might be allergies or something."

"Well, I liked it. Especially the new song," you say.

She turns to you with a smile.

"So, you heard that, huh?" she replies. "Almost nopony can tell when I change things up. They are all too busy dancing to enjoy the music."

Returning to disconnecting her equipment, you decide that this might be your best opportunity to ask.

"So, uh. Whatcha doin tomorrow? You know. After you crash, that is."

"I dunno. Nothin probably," she answers without a second thought. "Work on a new song or something. Why?"

"Well, do you wanna maybe grab some brunch?" you ask. "My treat."

She looks back at you, curiously.

“Two words. Bottomless. Mimosas.”

"Waitwaitwait. Hold on. Just let me be clear for a sec. Do you mean, like, a date?" she asks, her voice filled of concern.

Come on Anon, it's the home stretch. Don’t chicken out now. You got this. Now is not the time to be shy. Confidence. Confidence. Confidence.

"Yeah. You could call it that," you reply, trying to keep your strongest, confident poker face.

She sighs and turns back to her equipment, then turns back to you.

"See, I was worried about that. Dude, I like you. You're cool. Seriously. You got an appreciation for music... and I like that. I wouldn't mind hanging out. It'd be fun. I think we’d be good friends."

Well, shit. None of that sounded good. Fuck. Well, you suppose you already know what’s coming. She looks you in the eye, and then opens her mouth.

"I dunno how to say it gently but... I like mares. Sorry, bro."

You stand completely still, feeling as if your soul left your body and flew out the roof of the club.

“Oh. Well. Now don’t I feel silly,” you say.

“Yeah.”

An awkward silence fills a gap between you two as you take a step back.

“I’m just… gonna.”

“Alright,” she says. “I get it. Sorry.”

You turn on the spot and turn to leave the club as a stallion passes by you.

“Well hey, sexy,” you can hear him call out as he moves toward your lesbian friend.

“Well hey there, handsome. Ready?”

The words echo through your ears and churn your stomach as if you’ve drank lye. You hear the sound of hoof slapping flank, and you shut your eyes. You keep walking, your fists naturally balling up. You aren’t sure if she lied to you or not, but all in all, it doesn’t matter, you suppose. Either way, It’s not like she was even interested in you to begin with..