• Published 1st Dec 2011
  • 3,960 Views, 791 Comments

The Flutterheart Diaries - lilinuyasha



Even after Trey and Fluttershy marry, some things are still unknown.

  • ...
17
 791
 3,960

XXX: Getting more involved.

10-20-13

Well, It was my birthday. No better way to spend it than Ponyville AND Canterlot winning their rivalry games of hoofball, and going home and spending sweet time with Flutterheart and Anacrusis. Even though I told Flutterheart not to get me anything, she still wound up getting me a new watch, a black one with red trim and white face. I’m officially wearing myself on my arm. Anacrusis, on the other hand, (On some help from Flutterheart, I’m sure) nearly threw his bag at me with the biggest smile on his face and plopped his flank on the ground, waiting for me to open it. I carefully unwrapped it, finding a brand new conductor’s baton in the bag. I’d been keeping my eye on that one for a while. The minute I looked over at him to say “Thank you”, his smile increased tenfold and he leapt into my arms, hugging me for dear life. I hugged him back tightly and invited Fluttershy in to the family hug. All in all, best birthday ever.

Another year older,

Trey

10-29-13

Anacrusis is getting ready for his first Nightmare night. He said he wanted to go as me for Nightmare Night, but I told him that’s not a fun costume. So, he tried to go as Flutterheart. He never understood the concept of “something fanciful” or “Out of this world”, so I simply told him that he could go as both of us and saved money on a costume. He finds joy in the strangest things. Hopefully he won’t be too hard to please later in life. Supposing that we get a daughter, she’ll probably need the money we won’t seem to have to spend on Anacrusis. I can only pray for that, though. I’ll let you know how it went.

Ready for Nightmare Night,

Trey

11-1-13

Well, Nightmare Night went over very successfully. Anacrusis had a lot of fun. Princess Luna decided to drop in again this year, providing a lot of good, scary fun for the ponies again. Apparently the first time she came, she really scared the crap out of everypony. Anacrusis wanted to meet her, proudly proclaiming that he had no fear, quickly trotting off to give her a hug. Then that sense of fear exponentially grew the closer he got to her. He wound up cowering behind Flutterheart as we tried to get Luna to give him a hoofshake.

“Your foal is cute! Your Princess desires a hug!” she said. That’s when Anacrusis perked up. The two of them wound up chatting in Ye Olde Canterlot speak for quite a while.

“And what are you named?”

“They call me Anacrusis. What may I call you?”

“I desire to be called Princess Luna!”

“May I abbreviate it to Luna?”

“I approve of this.”

“You hath made me ecstatic.”

The conversation continued on for quite a while, Anacrusis popping in words only his little dictionary taught him along with God knows what other source. Seriously, do I even have any books with that kind of language in it?

Eventually, we had to end the conversation so Luna could attend to other ponies, but Anacrusis has a new penpal. If Luna follows through, she and Anacrusis will be sending letters back and forth for a while. Christmas doesn’t even come for another month and a half.

Excited for Anacrusis,

Trey

11-26-13

Thanksgiving went over well. The best things we have to give thanks for this year are, of course, Anacrusis, and the hopeful arrival of a filly. Not to mention what a wonderful family we have. Every day, I thank God for the wonderful life he’s given me thus far.

A wonderful life, a wonderful wife,

Trey

12-2-13

Well, Hearth’s Warming Eve will soon be upon us. Anacrusis isn’t even sure what it is yet, but he knows how to be excited for it, for some reason. You should have seen the look on his face when we told him about Santa Hooves and the presents he brings.

“Oh, yes, Santa Hooves comes down the chimney and lays presents for ALL the good colts and fillies.”

“Have I been a good Colt? Have I been a good son?”

“Well, of COURSE you have! I bet Santa Hooves will have a lot of presents for you!”

“Really?” he asked, his eyes as large as saucer plates.

“Really really.” I said, hoisting him up on my back, trotting about the room. He screamed in delight and, according to tradition, apparently, Flutterheart joined in and we got into another tickle war. I swear we’re going to ruin some tickle country out there. Or whatever.

Tickle, Tickle, Tickle!

Trey

12-13-13

Man, for some reason I couldn’t find a dictionary in the store. Well...none that would suit Anacrusis’ needs, anyway. Guess what? Twilight has a HUGE dictionary that she was willing to give me. I tried offering to pay her some for it, but she simply told me that she has a few more in her collection. I already have something to get her for Hearth’s Warming, but I have no idea if she already has that book. Seriously. What do you get an egghead for Hearth’s Warming? Maybe I should get her a gag book...”The art of reading a book” or something. Or a necklace. I don’t know. Hearth’s warming is always a stressful time of year.

Lugging a 5 pound dictionary,

Trey

12-23-13

Twas the night before Hearth’s warming eve...

Finally got all of the gifts I’ve been meaning to get. Wound up getting Twi a fancy purple necklace and a book on the origins of StarSwirl’s first magic spells. I asked Celestia herself for a copy, so I’m really hoping Twilight doesn’t have it. In all probability, she probably does though. I’ll let you know after Hearth’s Warming.

Ready for Hearth’s Warming,

Trey

12-26-13

Well, Hearth’s warming was amazing. When Anacrusis opened up his dictionary, He treated it like it was made of solid gold. Flipping the pages back and forth slowly, taking in every word. He completely forgot about the rest of his gifts until later in the night. He was still reading, not even halfway in the A’s when Flutterheart and I both called him for dinner. He didn’t respond so we went into the living room to find him still laying there, reading, at least 5 of his other gifts unopened. I had to tap his back to snap him out of it. He spent the rest of dinner (After opening the rest of his gifts) talking about Arthropods and all other assortment of A words I haven’t ever had a proper place to learn, use, or care about for the most part. One of these days, he’s going to be smarter than me, and that scares me. What will happen to our relationship when he decides I have nothing more to teach him? What if he uses all these fancy words on me to shut me up? Why am I even thinking this? Ugh. Anyways, Hearth’s warming went over very well. I still love my family. Let’s hope for a happy, brand new year filled with my loving family. Who needs new year’s resolutions with a family like mine?

Looking forward to another year of family adventure,

Trey