• Published 1st Dec 2011
  • 3,960 Views, 791 Comments

The Flutterheart Diaries - lilinuyasha



Even after Trey and Fluttershy marry, some things are still unknown.

  • ...
17
 791
 3,960

XXXVII: Redemption

5-27-14

Been a while since I’ve written. I guess I just got busy. Flutterheart and I have been getting ready for our new baby. She’s going to be here in about two months or so. She’s already decided to name her “Flutterwing”, which is only fair since I got to name Anacrusis. Speaking of which, he just gets more and more excited as time goes on. “When’s she gonna be born? Mommy’s getting bigger!” “Two months or so. Hold your horses, colt!” “I just wanna take care of her!” “We all do, Anacrusis. Trust me.” I’m glad to see him so eager to help out. Now let’s see if he’s just as eager to help set up her room. I suspect the enthusiasm might die down. Time will tell.

Suspecting,

Trey

Anacrusis scribbled into a notebook furiously.

“Whatcha working on?” asked Fluttershy, coming up behind him. Anacrusis covered up the paper hurriedly.

“Secret project. Top notch stuff, you know. Super secret...secret...stuff.” he said, continuing to cover the paper up. Fluttershy slunk back.

“Oh...well, ok.”

“It’s just a project for school, don’t worry. A sort of recreational piece.”

“Oh. Can I read it?” she asked, her ears perking up.

“Uh...no. I’m not done with it yet.”

Fluttershy’s ears slunk back again. “Oh...ok...that’s fine.”

“Maybe when I’m done, however.”

Fluttershy’s ears perked up yet again as she smiled. “That would be nice!”

“But it won’t be done for a while.”

Fluttershy dropped her ears once more, slinking back. “Oh...I don’t wanna bother you. Have fun!” she said, trotting off elsewhere. She found Flutterwing playing in the den, having a rather grandiose tea party with Sir Snuggles and her recent Hearth’s Warming gift.

“Oh, Hi, Mommy!” she said, beaming up at her mom. Fluttershy smiled back down at her.

“Having fun?”

“Oh yes. But we’re missing one pony!”

“Oh? Well I guess I’d better join you!” she said, sitting down at the empty spot.

“Ok!”

“How’s Sir Snuggles?”

“He’s doing pretty good. He’s still snuggly and stuff.” she said, rubbing up against him. “But right now, he’s thirsty!” she said, bringing a cup up to his lips. “But that’s better!”

Fluttershy giggled a bit, bringing up her own cup, pretending to sip on some liquid.

***

“I’m home!” said Trey, trotting in the front door. “Who’s ready for the weekend?”

“Me!” shouted Flutterwing, jumping up, flying over the tea party, launching herself upon him, hugging him tight.

“I’m glad! Where did you learn to do that?” he asked. He’d never seen her use her wings before.

“Oh, it was easy to learn! The sparrows taught me!”

“Sparrows? Well, what have the squirrels taught you?”

“How to store food in my mouth!”

“Well!” said Fluttershy, giggling. “Let’s just assume you have that one down perfectly.”

“I never get to show it off...” she said, bowing her head.

“So...where’s Anacrusis?” asked Trey, glancing around.

“He’s writing something secret in the kitchen.”

“What’s he writing?”

“A secret.” said Fluttershy, smiling.

“Ah. So...what’s for dinner?”

“I thought we’d make a new twist on an old favorite...HAY PASTA! With Alfalfredo sauce!”

“Sounds like a plan!” said Trey, hoisting Flutterwing up on his back. “You wanna help?”

“Can I?” she asked, excited.

“I dunno...can you?” Fluttershy asked, nuzzling her gently.

“May I?”

“Of course.”

***

After the family finished dinner, they did their usual routine of playing games, favoring for Frisbee out in the front. Anacrusis stayed inside writing, scribbling away furiously on whatever story he was working on. Fluttershy went inside to check on him, finding him stacking papers.

“Are you alright, Anacrusis?”

“Hm? Oh, yeah, I’m fine. I just finished my story. I promised you could read it, so...here.” he said, handing her the document. She smiled giddily and read.

***

Darkwing scampered down the hall, galloping faster and faster. He had finally escaped, working his way back to her...
Starstruck stuck her head out of her door, the light beams from her room reflecting out into the dark hallway. Darkwing quickly jumped up, spreading his wings in flight, trying to be silent. Starstruck looked out into the hallway, trying to find the source of the sound. She looked left and right, seeing nothing. She scratched her head, confused, before closing the door again. Darkwing slowly descended, staring at the door in front of him, taking a deep breath in before knocking on it. He heard a soft clopping of her hooves on the tile, before the slow creak of the door. As it slowly opened, the light from the door resembling the warmth in her heart, she took one look at him, and fainted. Darkwing smiled, picking her up, plopping her down on her bed, waiting patiently for her to awaken.

As she slowly opened her eyes, she heard a faint, familiar voice call out to her. “Starstruck...you know, that’s always how you made ME feel.”

She opened her eyes wide, looking over to her left, at that familiar black face, sitting on the edge of the bed. “D...Dark...I...”

“You? You’re Starstruck. I’m Darkwing.” he said, smiling coyly at her, before reaching over and grabbing one of her hooves. Tears fell from both of their eyes as they stared deep into each other’s souls.

“They...they said...died....”

“I was a POW under radar. I was beaten and tortured for five years...but I escaped. I told you I’d come back for you, Star...I don’t lie.”

“I...”

Darkwing immediately reached his body over and kissed her, feeling the heat from her cheeks as she lay there, still trying to take in the reality of his return. She wrapped her arms around him, giving him a tight, tight hug, sitting up in bed, crying from sheer happiness.

“I won’t leave you again.” he said, rubbing her back.

“...I’ll never let you go again.” she said, squeezing him as tight as she could.

***

“Oh, that was a wonderful story!” said Fluttershy, giving him a hug.

“Thanks. I felt bad for the way the last one made my teacher cry...so I took Dad’s advice and wrote something to make up for it.”

“Oh?” said Trey, trotting inside, Flutterwing hoisted on his back. “Did You write a new story?”

“Yeah. You’re free to read it.”

“It was a wonderful short story!” said Fluttershy, giving Trey the paper. Trey quickly glanced through it, smiling.

“I’m sure she’ll love it.” said Trey, knowing exactly who this was written for...and why. He gave Anacrusis a big hug, ruffling his mane like he used to do.

***

Anacrusis handed Legible Scrawl his new sheet of paper after class. She eyed it curiously.

“What’s this?” she asked.

“Um...a story.” he said, pinning his ears back, afraid of a condemning answer.

“Well, I’ll be sure to add it to my list of things to read this weekend.” she said, pointing to a stack of papers on her desk. Anacrusis saw her eyes glance over the paper casually, doing a double take. “Is this...” she started, her voice faltering.

“I’m...gonna go.” he said, starting to back up towards the door. Ms. Scrawl’s eyes kept going back and forth through the paper, gobbling up every sentence.

“No, stay here.” she said casually, not lifting her eyes from the paper. Anacrusis’ ears stayed back, fearing the worst as tears started streaming down her eyes.

“I’m sorry...” he started, as she set the paper beside her, giving him a cold stare. “...I just wanted to make it better...I should go...” he added, turning around.
“Wait...Anacrusis...I...” she started, trotting towards him. He froze, turning back around to look at her. He stared at her in fear, shriveling back into himself as she bent over and gave him a huge hug. “Thank you.” she finally added, as she released him, wiping tears from her eyes. Anacrusis smiled a bit, nodding to her, before slipping out the door. Ms. Scrawl closed it behind him, holding the paper close to her chest as she slunk down, back against the door, sighing heavily. She made sure to read that story three more times before her head hit the pillow, where she finally had good dreams about her long lost lover.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long to get out, guys. College takes away my free time.