• Published 1st Dec 2011
  • 3,960 Views, 791 Comments

The Flutterheart Diaries - lilinuyasha



Even after Trey and Fluttershy marry, some things are still unknown.

  • ...
17
 791
 3,960

XXXVI: Reliving the moments

“Are the kids asleep?” asked Trey, whispering.

“Why, yes! Why do you ask?” asked Fluttershy, cocking her head sideways.

“No reason. Hey, I got something to show you. Follow me!” he said, giving her a wink, trotting out the front door.

“Trey?” she called after him, closing the door. “Where are you going?”

“Over here!” she heard him call. She couldn’t see him however. “Hurry!”

“Trey? What’s going on?” she asked, trotting along the ground. She continued following his voice, up a hill, to a lonely tree overlooking Ponyville. Under the tree was a small basket filled with apples and other fruit. Some glasses of apple juice were laid there, too, glimmering in the light of a small candle. Fluttershy eyed it curiously. “Trey?”

Trey swooped down out of the air above her, scooping her up. She yelped out of unexpected motion, replacing that shrieking with laughter when she realized Trey was carrying her. She continued to giggle as he soared about the air, doing leaps and dives before she opened her wings, soaring about the air, too. Trey stopped, taking a hold of her hooves, staring deep into her eyes. Fluttershy blushed without smiling, pinning her ears back. She looked away. Trey smiled, instinctively taking one of his hooves away to tilt her head towards his. She blushed harder, a small smile coming across her lips, small tears glazing over her eyes.

“You alright?” he asked. She put one hoof over his lips, giving a small “Shh.” before staring deep into his eyes again. They slowly sank back to the ground, staring into each other’s eyes. Once they landed, Trey looked into her a little more, before giving her a slow, passionate kiss, feeling the warmth of her cheeks as she leaned backwards. He slowly pulled back, creating a little suction on her bottom lip, opening his eyes to see her smiling at him, a small trail of tears down her eyes.

“I’ve missed that.” she said, hurriedly pushing her face back into his, catching him off guard.

“Me, too.” he said, leaning back into her, tilting his head to the right. He stroked the side of her face, wiping away her tears of joy, nuzzling her nose as he pulled away. “Now, shall we?” he asked, motioning his head to the fruit. Fluttershy nodded and they both trotted over.

Trey held up an apple as Fluttershy nibbled on it from his hoof. She smiled at him.

“So, what’s the occasion?” she asked, sipping her juice.

“A beautiful mare needs no occasion. We just haven’t done something to ourselves in a while. We’ve been busy with Flutterwing and Anacrusis and I just thought we deserved a night to ourselves. You know...like old times. Oh...” he looked away, his ears dropping down, shuddering at that last phrase.

“We’re not old yet, silly!” she said, tilting his head towards her. “You’re only as old as you want to be. So...be young! Just be as old as your heart!”

“Flutterheart...” he said, stroking her face. “I love you...I love you so very much.”

“I love you, too, Trey. More than you will ever know.”

“Come here, you.” he said, grabbing a hold of her, leaning back against the tree, the both of them staring off into the night sky, enjoying the stars. Suddenly, a shooting star burst across the sky.

“Hurry, make a wish!” said Fluttershy, scooting closer into him. She waited a few seconds, pushing her cheeks into Trey’s, gazing up at the night sky. “What did you wish for?”

“If I told you, it wouldn’t come true, now would it?”

“That’s why you wish for things that have already come true!”

“Oh? What did YOU wish for?” he asked, planting a kiss on her cheek.

“I’ll tell you if you tell me.” she said, giggling.

“Oh, alright. Only because I love you.”

Fluttershy giggled again. “I simply wished for this moment to last forever. Sitting out here under the stars with you, cuddling up next to you, away from life, away from any troubles I might have. It just seems like whenever I’m in your arms, you’re the only thing that matters...you’re the only thing I need to think about in that moment. I love you, so tremendously much, maybe even more than I did years ago, but sometimes, I imagine doing things just like this so I can get lost in all the good memories we’ve had...so you can make my heart flutter all over again.”

Trey sat there, silent, smiling, tears of joy down his face. He slowly hugged her, tightening his grip. “I love you.” he whispered in her ear.

“I love you, too, Trey.” she said, turning her head slightly to give him a powerful kiss, their noses rubbing against each other. He stroked her stomach as they continued gazing at the stars in silence.

“I’d be a lot worse off if I hadn’t met you, Trey.”

“I’d be a lot worse off if I hadn’t met YOU, Flutterheart.”

“I could stay in your arms forever.”

“I’d be glad to have you there forever.”

Fluttershy turned around, pushing him off of the tree and flat on his back. She looked down at him, slowly kissing him, her cheeks emanating heat. Trey wrapped his hooves around her neck, pulling her close to him, stroking her back to make the rest of her lie flat on top of him. He felt her heart flutter on top of his. He simply smiled and lost himself in her kisses.

***

“Why are you such a good husband?” she asked, as they trotted back in the house, towards their bedroom.

“Only because I have an equally excellent wife, of course.” he said, opening their bedroom door. Fluttershy gasped at the sight of rose petals on their floor and bed.

“How did you even have time for this? I thought...”

“Oh, no. This night is still young, Flutterheart.” he smiled, getting in bed, patting the spot next to him. She blushed, closing her door behind her.

“First...” she started “You never said what you wished for.”

“Years ago, I only wished for the perfect wife, true love, and two awesome foals for a wonderful life.”

Fluttershy smiled. “Did you get your wish?”

“No.”

“What?” she asked, pinning her ears back.

“I got much more than that. I wound up with you, Flutterwing, and Anacrusis. I gave fate the short end of the straw and came out ahead, I guess.”

Fluttershy blushed one last time before turning out the lights, making her way over to the bed. He quickly pulled her towards him, kissing her madly, his love for her limitless.