• Published 1st Dec 2011
  • 3,960 Views, 791 Comments

The Flutterheart Diaries - lilinuyasha



Even after Trey and Fluttershy marry, some things are still unknown.

  • ...
17
 791
 3,960

XIV: A dish best served cold

“Oh, good afternoon, Trey! What can I help you with?” asked Cheerilee, seeing him trotting in with purpose.

“I need to talk to you about Anacrusis’ fight.”

“Oh...alright. What did you want to discuss?”

“Did you ever ask why Anacrusis was fighting?”

“No, but school policy states that it doesn’t matter. All I know is that he broke the rules by scuffing with the other colts.”

“Did you happen to notice that Flutterwing had a bruise around her eye that same day?”

“If she did, I didn’t notice, but if she got hit or tripped, the bruise wouldn’t have developed until after school hours.”

“That’s fine. I took the liberty of finding out why for you.” he said, his aggression over the subject matter intensifying, while he tried to maintain a calm demeanor.

“Oh? What did he say?”

“Apparently those colts he was fighting with hit my daughter. He came in there to protect his little sister. I demand you take action with their parents.”

Cheerilee looked away, down at the ground, muttering a little “huh...”

“You need to get the whole story next time, Cheerilee. Now, either you talk to those parents or I do. Honestly, you’re bound to handle it nicer than I will. Just take a look at Flutterwing’s eye tomorrow and tell me you wouldn’t do something about that. It’s inexcusable for somepony as sweet as her to be treated like that.”

“I’m sorry, Trey, but...”

“There are no buts, Cheerilee!” he yelled, slamming his hooves down on her desk. Cheerilee jumped back, shocked. Trey digressed, wiping his face with his hoof, sighing heavily.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know where that came from. The fact remains that my daughter still got hurt. She told me if she told me what happened, they’d hit her again. You can’t let those kinds of things go. I’m sure their parents would be more than upset to hear that their foal was hurting somepony else. That’s not how they were meant to be raised, I’m sure.”

“I see your point. I’ll take a look at her eye tomorrow and see if I can do anything about it.”

“I have a feeling that what you can do and what you will do probably differ. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” he said, leaving the schoolhouse in a hurry.

***

“Alright, Anacrusis, who were the colts picking on Flutterheart?”

“Those three.” he said, pointing at a group of three colts laughing, shoving each other around playfully.

“Are you sure?”

“Well, I can see their bruises, so yes.”

“Great.”

“Kick their ass, dad.”

Trey gave a small glance at Anacrusis. “I’m not sure where you learned that word, but don’t ever let your mother hear you say that. No, I’m not going to hit them. You already did that. I have a bit of a different idea. Are you any good at baking?”

“No, not really.”

“Good.”

***

Trey and Anacrusis pulled the brownies they recently made out of the oven, admiring their hard “work” and planning.

“Now remember, apologize to them and hoof them these. You said they hang out by the playground after school, right?”

“Yes.”

“And the only way in or out is through the gate, since there’s a huge fence. It would be a shame if it were to get locked in the process, right?”

Anacrusis laughed a small, malicious, almost sadistic laugh. Trey laughed with him, hugging him.

“Now, get to bed. I kept you up past your bedtime anyway. You’ll want to be well-rested for this.”

Anacrusis smiled, trotting off to bed, while Trey retired to his own bedroom.

“Sounds like you were having fun in there.” said Fluttershy, smiling at him.

“I guess so.” he said, smiling mischievously to himself.

“Those brownies sure smell good though...may I have one?”

“NO!” Trey blurted, worried.

Fluttershy shrank back, frightened. “...oh...ok...why not?”

“I’ll tell you tomorrow. Just trust me on this one.”

***

The school bell rang the following day, as massive throngs of schoolfoals flooded out of the tiny building, ready to goof off on the weekend. Anacrusis trotted out , scanning the crowd for his dad, who was just getting there with the brownies. As expected, the three colts pushed and shoved their way to the playground, swinging the gate open quickly. Anacrusis looked up at Trey, his eyes full of second doubts. Trey smiled generously at him, winking. Then, the two proceeded to the gate, opening it, and “accidentally” locking it behind them. As Trey and Anacrusis gently approached the three, they stared over in their direction, curious.

“Who are you?” asked one of the darker ponies, the apparent ringleader.

“I’m Anacrusis’ Dad! I understood he got in a fight with you colts, and I wanted him to apologize to you in pony. Right, Anacrusis?”

“I’m sorry...” said Anacrusis, pretending to wipe a tear from his eye.

“Whatever. Just get the hell out of here before I kick both of your asses.”

Trey raised an eyebrow. Perhaps this is where Anacrusis picked up that word.

“Look, no need to be mean. I’m here to make it up to you. I heard what happened, so I thought I might bake you some brownies as an apology.” he continued, revealing a large batch of seemingly innocent confections.

“Huh.” said one of the other colts in the company. “Maybe he’s not so bad after all.”

“Yeah, whatever, just give us that stuff and we’ll call it good.” he said, extending his hoof greedily. Trey smiled, both internally and externally, laying the plate of brownies ahead of them. As all three of them snarfed down one brownie, the ringleader got greedy, snatching up another two in his mouth, swallowing quickly before the others even noticed.

“Wow. Those tasted...different. What’d you put in these?”

“Oh, well...” began Trey, looking at his watch. “...I’m not really sure what makes them different. They’re just a plain old recipe.”

“Oh...” began the ring leader, a bead of sweat running down his forehead.

“Yeah. I decided to try something different, though.”

“Yeah...” began the ringleader, coughing.

“You alright, Greywolf?” asked his henchcolts, as beads of sweat starting rolling down their foreheads as well.

“Yeah...just...oh...I’m gonna...” began Greywolf, shortly before throwing up copious amounts of brownies. The other two colts with him followed shortly, as Trey and Anacrusis laughed a small amount. Trey then lit up a cigar (Which wasn’t part of the original plan, but he just thought it up this morning) and puffed on it a small amount while the carnage ensued in front of him.

“Oh, and about my daughter, Flutterwing...” he began, getting closer to the colts who looked at him, terrified. “...if I ever hear that you hurt her, or any other pony in this school again, I’m going to come back and hurt you just the same.” he said, blowing cigar smoke onto the three of them. “Now...” he continued, constantly puffing smoke onto them. “...I’d hurry to a bathroom. The best part of the brownie could just hit you at any moment.” he said, winking at them. They quickly tried clamoring to their hooves, stumbling over each other in an attempt to rush out the gate quickly. Anacrusis turned back to look at them, but Trey turned his head away, making sure they faced a different direction.

“Wait for it.” said Trey.

“Get it open, hurry!”

“It’s locked!”

“Oh, man!”

“I CAN’T OPEN IT!”

“OH SWEET CELESTIA!”

“I’M TRYING!”

“IT’S NOT WORKING!”

“I CAN’T HOLD IT!”

Trey and Anacrusis laughed to themselves as they listened to the three colts behind them scream and yell, uttering screams of disgust, before a brief moment of silence, followed by crying.

“Come on. Let’s go home.” said Trey. “Up on my back.”

Anacrusis hopped upon his father as Trey gracefully jumped the fence, casually trotting along the fence line, unlocking the gate as he passed by.

***

“Oh, you’re home late...” said Fluttershy, as the two of them walked in the door. She trotted over to him smiling.

“It’s probably best we get washed up before anything. I’ll tell you why soon.” he said, smiling at her.

“Is it about the brownies?”

“Yes.” said Trey, patting Anacrusis on the back. “It’s about the brownies. Let’s just say Anacrusis won’t be getting in any more fights. And Flutterwing?”

“Yes, Daddy?”

“Those colts won’t be a problem for you anymore. I promise.”

Flutterwing simply smiled, running up and hugging her daddy, regardless if he needed a bath or not.

“Thank you, Daddy.”

Trey and Anacrusis smiled at her, happy that she was as well.

***

1-15-12

Well, Fluttershy and I have started discussing wedding preparations and such. We’re planning on having the actual wedding during June or July, when the weather will be fair. Of course, with friends like Rainbow Dash, we shan’t have to worry about the weather anyway. It’s going to be perfect, I hope. I can’t help but feel deep down that I’m going to mess something up, that something’s going to go wrong...what’s the phrase...”Something’s gotta go wrong, because I’m feeling way too damn good.”

In other news, everything’s been fairly normal around the cottage. (On a side note, we’ve determined that we’re going to live at her cottage when we’re all married. Of course, I practically live here already.) All the animals are going well. Angel’s been a bit lazy and sluggish recently, but it’s still the holidays. We’re all lazy and such.

One topic that is going to have to be brought up to Fluttershy is having children. I know I’m going to hold off on making that conversation until much later, seeing as it’s still too early to talk about such “deeper” commitments, given both of us are decently frightened of such activities. Yet, I sense that both of us (Me, definitely) want to be parents. I’ve always wanted to be a father so desperately, to be the kind of father to my son that my dad was, to be the stallion that my grandfather was. I just want to make him proud, make my family proud...especially my dad. Every colt in my family for years has been named something musical. My grandfather and my father both had the exact same name. Here I am, the third in line, hence the name “Trey” (Meaning three.) Debating whether to hand down my real name to my son or break tradition and name him something else (Still music related, of course). I’ll worry about that when the time comes. All I know is that I love Fluttershy, and that’s all that matters.

Knowing who’s important in life,

Trey