• Published 1st Dec 2011
  • 3,960 Views, 791 Comments

The Flutterheart Diaries - lilinuyasha



Even after Trey and Fluttershy marry, some things are still unknown.

  • ...
17
 791
 3,960

XXXVIII: All you need is love.

“Annie, you’re making a mess!” exclaimed Cherry, hurriedly trying to wipe up the spilled chocolate off the counter.

“I don’t know what I’m doing. I’m a writer, not a chocolate cherry maker!” he said, backing off.

“We’re not making muffins?” asked Derpy, frowning.

“We made Muffins yesterday, mom. There’s some left in the kitchen.”

Derpy’s face lit up as she trotted off towards the kitchen, a loud thud resounding about the house.

“I’m ok!” she yelled, causing Cherry and Anacrusis to laugh.

“It’s simple, Annie.” said Cherry, looking into his eyes. “All you have to do is take a cherry, dip it in chocolate, then set it on this plate. Then we just let them cool.”

“That’s what I’ve been doing...”

“You have to remove the stems first.”

“Oh.”

“Silly colt.” she said, giving him a quick smile, dipping a cherry into the bowl of melted chocolate. “You’re so silly sometimes.”

“Yeah...” he said, bowing his ears low, dipping his hooves into the bowl of chocolate.

“What are you-” she started, before Anacrusis booped her nose, getting chocolate all over her snout and lips. “ANNIE!”

Anacrusis laughed and hurriedly trotted away as Cherry dipped her hooves in the chocolate, chasing after him around the kitchen. They both laughed as she eventually lunged at him, bringing him down to the ground, staring deep into his eyes. She leaned down into him. As he closed his eyes, she booped his nose with the chocolate, causing Anacrusis to open his eyes with a saddened look. She smiled, leaning in to kiss him, giving him a small, passionate, chocolate flavored kiss. They both opened their eyes again, smiling at each other, standing up, shortly before Derpy walked back into the kitchen, looking at the mess, chocolate all over the walls, chocolate on their faces, and cherry stems all over the counter.

“I don’t remember making muffins.” she said. “How did we get this messy?”

Cherry dipped her hoof in the chocolate again, a slightly evil smile coming across her lips. Derpy stood there innocently as Cherry flung some chocolate at her, splashing her mane with chocolate. Derpy laughed.

“That’s how.” said Cherry. Anacrusis dipped his hooves in the chocolate again, unbeknownst to Cherry. He rubbed it all over her face again, shortly before an all out food fight broke out in the kitchen.

***

“Oh, what if they’re hurt?” asked Fluttershy, worried about Anacrusis and Cherry.

“Flutterheart, they’ll be fine. It’s still light outside. I’m not worried about them. They’re probably just having a little fun, no worries.” he said, hugging her as she shook. “In fact, they’ll probably be here any minute now.

“What if one of them passed out and drowned in the chocolate?”

“There would have been two other ponies there to help.”

“What if they all passed out and couldn’t help?”

“Flutterheart, don’t you think you’re worrying a bit too much?”

“What if...what if there was an explosion?”

“I think we would have heard it.”

“What if the house caught fire?”

“I think we would have heard about it.”

“What if-”

“Flutterheart! Calm down! They’re fine! They’re just having fun and lost track of time!”

“What if they ran away together?”

Trey rolled his eyes, hugging her tight. “They’ll be here soon, don’t worry.”

No sooner than he had finished that sentence, the door opened, revealing Cherry, Annie, and Derpy, all covered in massive amounts of dried chocolate. Fluttershy hurriedly flew over to Annie, hugging him tight, nearly tackling him.

“Oh thank goodness I was worried that you weren’t alright and if something had happened to you I was so worried please don’t be late again I love you so much please don’t scare me like that again...”

Annie glanced over at Cherry, rolling his eyes. “Yes, Ma’am.” he said, hugging her back. “We were having so much fun we just lost track of time.”

“Oh, thank goodness. I was so worried that maybe the building had exploded or caught on fire!”

“Mom, that’s not going to happen. It was just chocolate covered cherries.” he said, getting up. “I’m going to need to take a bath before we go to the movies.”

“Cherry? You look like you need one, too.” said Trey, noticing that they were all still covered in chocolate. “Whose idea was it to walk from your house over to here covered in chocolate?”

“Um...” started Cherry, bowing her head. “My mom’s.”

“Oh. You want to use our shower, then?”

“Yay!” said Derpy, flying off towards an unknown part of the cottage, crashing into a wall.

“Other way, Derpy.” said Fluttershy, watching her turn around and fly towards the shower before Cherry or Annie could say anything about it.

“I guess you guys are going to have to wait.” said Trey.

Cherry sighed. “I’m sorry about that. I’ll clean up the water afterwards.”

“Clean up the water?” asked Fluttershy.

“Yeah. She likes to play Marezilla in the bathtub and pretend she’s flooding Foalkyo.”

“Oh.” said Trey. “I guess we’ll just sit tight, then.”

“RAWR! I AM MAREZILLA, MARE OF THE SEAS!” they heard from the bathroom. They all laughed and went into the living room, waiting patiently until it was time to go out.

***

“Alright, what are you two going to go see?” asked Fluttershy, looking at Cherry and Anacrusis.

“Daring Do and the Emerald City!” said Cherry.

“Nightmare Night Mare!” said Anacrusis, lowering his voice dramatically towards the end of it. “Daring do!”

“Alright. Derpy? What about you?”

“Marezilla returns to Foalkyo!”

“That’s not showing yet, mom.”

“Muffin button!”

“That’s not a real movie.”

“Tell you what.” said Trey, intervening. “How about you just come see Cloudsdale Atlas with us?”

“Hooray!”

“Alright. Flutterwing, what do you want to see?”

“Whatever Cherry’s seeing is good for me!” she smiled.

“Alrighty. Our movie gets done a little bit later than yours. So you’re probably be waiting in the lobby for us for a little bit. Will you be alright?” said Fluttershy, slightly worried.

“Don’t worry, Mom, I’ll protect them if anything happens!” said Anacrusis, puffing his chest out. Trey rolled his eyes and smiled, heading up to the counter to pay for the tickets.

***

“Daring Do, I’m afraid you cannot survive this one.” said the on-screen villain. Anacrusis sat in between Flutterwing and Chocolate Cherry, both hooves being held by each respective pony on either side of him. Flutterwing gripped him tight, shaking, afraid for Daring Do, while he gripped Cherry tight, making sure she wouldn’t leave him.

“You’ve been a worthy adversary, but now, your time is ending. Just die, please.” said the villain, flipping a switch. Cherry hunched forward, getting closer to the screen, absorbing the action. Flutterwing covered her eyes with her free hoof, peeking at the screen from a small slit she left open between her hoof and snout. Anacrusis simply sat there, taking in the mixture of a good movie and a beautiful filly by his side.

***

“Oh, Daring...” said the main stallion. “You came for me!”

“Of course I did.” she said, giving him a slightfully lustful look. “I couldn’t leave a handsome thing like you behind.” she added, untying his shackles. “Now...where were we?” she asked, staring deep into his eyes, leaning closer and closer. Anacrusis looked over to his right, seeing Flutterwing completely enveloped in this scene. He looked over to his left, seeing Cherry looking right back at him. They both smiled, and he leaned in to give her a short, passionate kiss, each of them pretending they were the characters on the screen.

“Aw!” said Flutterwing, no longer paying attention to the movie. Anacrusis and Cherry both leaned out after the kiss, the dark theater hiding the blushing they both were doing.

Soon enough the movie ended, and Anacrusis, Cherry, and Flutterwing flooded out of the theater, taking a seat in the lobby.

“I have to go to the bathroom. I’ll be right back.” said Cherry, leaving Flutterwing and Anacrusis alone.

“Hey, Big Brother?”

“Yeah?”

“What’s it like kissing Cherry?”

“Oh. You saw that, huh?”

“Yeah. Just like on the big screen.”

“I don’t know about that. It’s nice, that’s the only real way I know how to explain it.”

“I just wish I had someone like her.”

“We all do.” he said, giving her a hug. “Wait, you mean you had a guy like her?”

“Oh. Um...yeah.” she said softly, looking away from him.

“Alright, I’m back. I guess now all that’s left is the waiting game.” said Cherry, plopping down beside them. “When is their movie supposed to be over, anyway?”

“9:30” said Anacrusis. Cherry grabbed his arm, looking at his watch. It read 8:15. Cherry sighed and rested her head on Anacrusis’ neck, closing her eyes momentarily. She woke up to Fluttershy, Trey, and Derpy walking out of their movie theater. She yawned, sitting up.

“Welcome back, sleepyhead.” said Anacrusis, poking her.

“What’d I miss?” she asked, rubbing her eyes.

“We’re gonna make muffins when we get home!” said Derpy.

“Again?”

“They were in the movie at one point. I take full responsibility.” said Trey. “But hey, they’ll be something challenging.”

“What’s that?” asked Cherry.

“Banana cinnamon cream nut swirl sprinkles!” said Derpy, beaming.

“...what?”

“Those weren’t in the movie...” said Fluttershy, thinking about it.

“Marezilla wants banana cinnamon cream nut swirl sprinkles!”

“Have it your way! I’m sticking with good old blueberry.” said Trey. The gang laughed as they left the theater to their respective homes.