• Published 7th Jan 2017
  • 1,700 Views, 19 Comments

Behind The Flight Suit - Strats



What are the Wonderbolts really like when they take off those infamous suits.

  • ...
0
 19
 1,700

Chapter 6: The Main Event

Princess Luna prowled towards the stallion. He was standing alone, looking around at all the other guests. He took a glass of champagne of one of the waitors that passed by him. The stallion continued to stand there, sipping his drink. The alicorn continued to stalk her prey, prowling from behind the cover of other ponies, keeping out of the stallion's line of sight. The alicorn advanced toward the stallion from his rear. Once she was standing behind him, she attempted to get his attention by clearing her throat. The stallion turned around at the sound of the coughing. He had a calm look on him as he turned to face the princess. He performed a small bow.

"Greetings, your majesty." the stallion said politely."Might I add, happy birthday Princess." Eclipse said. The dark blue alicorn grinned at the pegasus.

"We thank you, dear Eclipse." princess Luna responded. "Thou is very kind to wish us a pleasant birthday." she said. The two stood beside one another, an awkward silence forming around them. Eventually Eclipse decided to break the silence.

"I hear that you have asked the Wonderbolts to perform this evening." Eclipse said, taking a sip of his drink.

"This is correct." Luna responded. "We are very fond of their flying manoeuvres and performances." the lunar princess said."I remember the first time I saw them when I returned to Equestria.". The princess stood there for a moment, recalling her first time witnessing the Wonderbolts. The stallion broke her away her thoughts when he spoke.

"I never realised you were such a fan." he said. The princess simply nodded.

"Would thou like to join us on the balcony for some fresh air?" the princess asked. The stallion smiled politely.

"That sounds nice. It feels like it's starting to get a bit stuffy in here anyway." Eclipse said. The two ponies walked off in the direction of the balcony. From across the ball room, Celestia watched the two leave the party. A saddened expression came over her face.

The two ponies walked out into the fresh air on the balcony. The sun was slowly setting, which meant that the main events would be occurring soon. Luna walked over to the edge of the balcony. Eclipse followed after her. The two ponies looked out over the scenery below. Luna turned to face the stallion.

"We had some fun times." Luna said quietly, looking forward. The stallion hesitated before responding.

"We did. But that was the past." Eclipse responded.

"I never stopped caring about you." Luna said. The stallion let out a quiet sigh.

"I never stopped either." the stallion said quietly. The alicorn glanced over at him. A glint of hope in the princess's eyes.

"We could try again." Luna said. The stallion looked the alicorn in the eyes. Confusion flooded his mind. His heart was a mixture of feelings. Princess Luna leaned in toward the stallion. The stallion leaned toward the princess. As he did so, he looked down on the field below and saw a yellow pegasus flying through the sky. Guilt consumed the stallion. He pulled back from the alicorn. Once Luna noticed this she looked at the stallion with confusion.

"What is wrong?" she asked the stallion.

"I can't." Eclipse said. The mare tilted her head at him in confusion.

"Why can't thou?" Luna asked. Eclipse looked over the balcony at the wonderbolts training down below.

"Because I love somepony else." Eclipse said. A small pool of tears formed at the princess's eyes.

"We see." the lunar princess said. "We won't bring this up again." the dark blue alicorn said. The two ponies stood in silence. "I must return to the party. Guests will start to wonder where I have gone." Luna said. She departed the balcony, leaving the stallion all alone. He continued to look at the pegasi down below. The stallion then turned around and went back to the party.

***

Spitfire landed firmly on the soft grass. Her teammates shortly followed suit. Spitfire turned to face them. They were all completely exhausted and out of breath. The yellow pegasus grinned at them.

"You all did an amazing practice." Spitfire shouted. "That's the level of performance I'm expecting for the real thing." she said."Now I think you all deserve a break. Hit the showers, get changed and enjoy the party." Spitfire bellowed. She received a large cheer from her team. They ran off in the direction of the changing room. Spitfire followed shortly behind them, a large grin on her face.

The team chatted about the party whilst getting changed. Fleetfoot and Rainbow Dash trotted over to their captain.

"So, is Eclipse gonna be here tonight? It is one of the biggest social occasions in Equestria after all." Fleetfoot said. The yellow mare looked at the frost blue pegasus.

"He will indeed. In fact he's been at the party the whole time that we've been practising." Spitfire responded.

"Are you sure that was a wise idea?" Rainbow Dash asked. Spitfire looked at her puzzled.

"What do you mean Crash?" Spitfire asked the mare.

"Well it is princess Luna's birthday and the two did date for a short period." The blue pegasus said. A look of horror filled Spitfire's face.

"How do you know they dated?" she asked the mare. Fleetfoot and Rainbow Dash looked at one another, slightly concerned.

"Everypony knows about it." Fleetfoot said. "It was in multiple magazines at the time. Luna and her millionaire coltfriend." The frosty blue pegasus said.

"He told me that their relationship was private." Spitfire growled. The two mares backed away slightly.

"Well it kinda was. Only a few magazines ever named the stallion Luna was dating. I only recognised his name after you told us about the event." Rainbow Dash said. Spitfire sat down on the bench.

"I can't believe he lied to me." Spitfire said. The two mares sat down beside her.

"Well he didn't really lie to you, he more kinda twisted the truth around." Fleetfoot said. Spitfire glared at her. "Sorry, bad point." the mare said.

"I left him up there the entire time. What if he still has feelings for Luna?" Spitfire said, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

"Now come on Spitfire, does Eclipse seem like the kind of stallion to cheat on you. From what I've seen, he's head over hooves for you." Rainbow Dash said. The yellow mare looked at her, wiping away the tears.

"You're right. I have nothing to worry about." she said, forcing a smile. Soarin trotted over to the three mares. He was wearing his tux again and had a large smile on his face.

"You better watch out Dash." he said. "I look so good in this thing I might ending up scoring with the princess." the stallion joked. Tears reformed in Spitfire's eyes. Fleetfoot hugged the mare and glared at Soarin. Rainbow Dash punched him in the chest.

"Ow!" he said. "What was that for?" he asked defensively.

"Now is not a good time for jokes." the mare growled, gesturing to the weeping mare beside her. "We're gonna head up to the party. We'll see you later." Rainbow Dash said dragging her idiotic coltfriend away.

"Come on, let's get you ready for the party." Fleetfoot said standing up. The two mares went to get ready.

***

Eclipse walked back into the ball room. He surveyed the room to find the alicorn that had left him on the balcony. He eventually spotted her on the far side of the room. He headed in her direction. As he crossed the room multiple ponies greeted him as he passed by. He responded to them all with a curt nod. He eventually arrived at the far side of the room. As he arrived, Luna had just finished talking to the pony she was conversing with. She turned around and bumped into the stallion.

"Eclipse, my apologies." the lunar princess said. The stallion smiled.

"It's alright your majesty." he said. He looked at the princess. "I wanted to apologise for earlier." he said. Luna raised her hoof.

"Thou does not have to apologise." Luna said. "I understand how you feel. I would hate to come between you and another pony." the alicorn said.

"I know Luna." Eclipse said. "I just felt like I was very rude. Yes I love somepony else, but I do still care about you." the stallion said. He extended a hoof out to the princess. "But that doesn't mean we still can't enjoy each others company as friends. Would you care to dance with me?" Eclipse asked. Luna hesitated before taking the stallions hoof. Eclipse led her out to the dance floor. The two proceeded to dance. They moved together in perfect rhythm, like it was second nature to them. A lot of the ponies had stopped to watch them dance. As the music played they danced around the room. Eventually the song ended and the crowd applauded. The two ponies blushed at the attention they were getting. Luna smiles at the stallion infront of her.

"That was immensely fun." Luna said.

"Indeed." Eclipse responded. The two smiled at one another, still holding hooves. Luna's smile suddenly vanished from her face. "Is something wrong?" Eclipse asked.

"I think I may have just caused you a large amount of trouble." Luna said worriedly. Eclipse looked at her confused.

"How could you possibly cause me any trouble?" he asked her. She gestured to behind him. The stallion turned to see a yellow pegasus standing behind him. She had a bright red dress on. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. Before Eclipse could say anything the mare turned and ran out of the ball room.

"Spitfire!" he shouted after her, but she was already to far away. Everypony in the room had their eyes on Eclipse. He ran out of the room to search for the mare.

"I think we should resume to the party." Celestia said, causing everypony to return to enjoying the activities. Luna watched as the stallion ran out of the ball room. Celestia trotted over to her sister and stood beside her.

"I'm sorry." she said. "I just wanted some love on my birthday." the alicorn said. Celestia wrapped a wing around her sister.

"It's not me you need to apologise to." she said, turning and returning to the party.

***

Spitfire ran down the stairs out of the palace. She began to slow down as she approached the drawbridge, the need to cry overpowering her ability to run. She stopped on the far side of the drawbridge, the tears now streaming down her face. Behind her she could hear the sound of hoofsteps. They got louder and louder until they stopped. On the far side of the drawbridge stood Eclipse. She turned to face him, anger and hurt raging inside her. Her fur was soaked with her tears. Eclipse raised a hoof to take a step forward but was halted by Spitfire screaming.

"Not one step forward!" the mare screamed. He lowered his hoof. The stallion stood there quietly, the mare infront of him sobbing uncontrollably. He went to speak but was interrupted.

"How could you?" She shouted at the stallion. "How could you do this to me?" Spitfire screamed. The stallion stood still. "Aren't you gonna answer me?".

"It's not what it looks like..." the stallion started but was interrupted again.

"Oh of course it doesn't! That's what they always say." Spitfire said through tears. "You think you can be trusted when you lied to me about your relationship with her." the yellow mare shouted.

"I'm not lying." Eclipse said. Spitfire scoffed at the stallion. "Spitty you have to believe me." the stallion said.

"Don't call me that." Spitfire said. "Not anymore." the mare said. Spitfire glanced to the right of the stallion. Standing behind him was princess Luna. Eclipse turned to see the alicorn behind him.

"Luna." he said. "What are you doing here?" the stallion asked.

"I've come to apologise to Ms.Spitfire." Luna said. Eclipse looked at her confused.

"Apologise? For what? You haven't done anything wrong." Eclipse said. The alicorn shook her head.

"You're wrong Eclipse." Luna said. She stood beside him facing Spitfire. "Ms.Spitfire." she said. Spitfire glared at the alicorn.

"What?" she said harshly.

"I want to apologise for the trouble I have caused. I was feeling the need for love, and since it is my birthday I thought I would try and ask the only stallion I have ever felt for." the lunar princess said. "I did not realise that he had moved on and was in love with somepony else. When I talked to him he though he had made me sad. He came to apologise and offered to dance with me. That is all that happened, nothing else." Luna said. Spitfire stared at the alicorn.

"Why should I believe you?" she asked.

"Because this stallion infront of you truly loves you. I don't need to be princess Cadence to see that." Luna said. Spitfire looked at the stallion. He had a look of guilt and sadness on his face.

"Spitty, please believe me. I would never try to hurt you." he said.

"How can I believe what you're saying?" Spitfire asked. The stallion sighed quietly.

"I was saving this as a surprise for after your performance." Eclipse said. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a box. He opened it and displayed it's contents to the saddened mare. Inside was a golden ring with a large ruby on it. Engraved on the ring was the words "The Most Beautiful Mare In All Equestria". Spitfire started to cry once again when she saw the ring, not out of sadness but joy. She looked at the stallion.

"Spitfire, will you marry me?" Eclipse asked. The yellow pegasus froze on the spot. She looked from the ring to the stallion holding it. She though for a moment before making her decision. She slowly walked over to the stallion.

"Yes! I will marry you." she squealed, hugging the stallion. The stallion returned the hug, kissing the mare on the cheek. The two ponies stayed in one another's embrace. Princess Luna watched the couple before returning to the party inside.

The two ponies finally released each another. Eclipse placed the ring on Spitfire's hoof. He looked her in the eye.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too." she responded. The two ponies headed back into the the party.

***

The Wonderbolts flew through the sky gracefully and skilfully. The ponies that were watching stood in awe of the pegasi zooming through the sky. The show went perfectly, even seeming better than the rehearsal. At the end each of the Wonderbolts lined up at the centre of the field.

"Happy birthday princess Luna!" they shouted. All of a sudden the dark night's sky was filled with a rainbow of colours. Rainbow Dash had successfully performed her sonic rainboom. Princess Luna cheered from her seat to show her satisfaction for the performance. The guests then departed the castle as the party was now officially over.

Spitfire and Eclipse flew back together to Cloudsdale. The two laughed and joked as they flew through the night's sky. Eventually the city in the clouds came into view. The two ponies went through the front door into Spitfire's mansion. They went into the living room and sat down. Eclipse went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of champagne. He opened it with a loud pop. The two sat and drank, talking late into the night, dawn slowly approaching.

"I can't believe we're getting married!" Spitfire said, nesting into her fiance's chest.

"I know Spitty, I can't believe it either." Eclipse responded. The two sat quietly for a moment. Eclipse looked down at the mare cuddling him. "I love you Spitfire." He said.

"I love you too" she said, kissing the stallion.

The End

Author's Note:

Another one of my chaptered stories finished. I hope you enjoyed this little view into one of the Wonderbolt's life. If you want a sequel to this story drop a comment letting me know, I'll see what I can come up with. I'll see everypony next time.

Solarcloak

Comments ( 8 )

I would like to see how her married life goes:twilightblush: A nice ending, birthday and a couple going to be married at the same day.

Comment posted by SolarCloak deleted Aug 1st, 2018
Comment posted by Bronycommander deleted Aug 1st, 2018

I for my part really liked this story and would love to see a sequel

Comment posted by SolarCloak deleted Aug 1st, 2018

This was soo good
better with a sequel

8934117
I hope to get around to a sequal at some point >////<

8934891
It’d be awesome! :rainbowwild:

Login or register to comment