• Published 7th Jan 2017
  • 1,701 Views, 19 Comments

Behind The Flight Suit - Strats



What are the Wonderbolts really like when they take off those infamous suits.

  • ...
0
 19
 1,701

Chapter 3: A Tour Of The Academy

The two pegasi rose out of the bed. Spitfire walked over to the window and drew the curtains. Celestia's sun shone through the large window, illuminating the bedroom. Spitfire then proceeded to the ensuite. She had a quick shower and brushed her teeth after. She went downstairs to find her coltfriend in the kitchen. He was preparing breakfast for the two. Eclipse placed two plates on the counter. Spitfire looked at the plate infront of her. Hay bacon strips and scrambled egg. Her favourite breakfast. She looked at the stallion. He beamed brightly at her. She took a bite of the food on her plate. It was the most delicious meal she had ever eaten.

"This is amazing." the yellow mare said with a mouth full of food. The stallion nodded his appreciation. "I didn't realise you're such a great cook." she said. "I need to get you to cook for me more often.". Eclipse grinned.

"Well my mother did also say if I didn't make it as a business pony I would sure as Celestia make it as a chef." the stallion said, eating his own food. The two ponies sat and enjoyed there food.

"So what time will you be stopping by for the tour?" Spitfire asked her coltfriend. The stallion glanced up at her, finishing the food that was in his mouth.

"Well I have a meeting in the morning that I can't miss. I'm free for the rest of the day after that." he responded, taking a sip of his orange juice. "I can call in after lunch." Eclipse said.

"That works fine." Spitfire said. "I should have gotten the recruits through their morning drills by then." she mused. Eclipse looked at his watch.

"I need to go up and have my shower now, or I'll end up being late." he said picking up his plate and bringing it over to the sink. As he passed back past Spitfire he kissed her on the cheek. "I'll see you at lunch." he said, running up the stairs. The mare smiled as he left the kitchen. She finished her food and placed her plate on top of his in the sink. She grabbed her satchel and headed out the door for the academy.

***

Spitfire's morning went by pretty uneventful. She had half the amount of paperwork to do compared to yesterday, which allowed her to finish a lot earlier then she usually did. She decided to hit the gym and get some training in before she had to take the recruits through their morning drills. Today the gym was completely empty. She spent thirty minutes on the treadmill and thirty minutes hitting the iron. After the gym she headed to the changing room to get a quick shower in before her coltfriend showed up. As she emerged from the shower she noticed Fleetfoot was there. She went over to her.

"Hey Fleet." Spitfire said.

"Hey captain. Did you take our advice from yesterday?" the frosty blue mare asked, a sly smirk on her face.

"I did. Eclipse is stopping by at lunch. In fact he should be here in the next few minutes." the yellow mare said.

"Well I'll make sure the whole team is free to meet him." Fleetfoot said as she left the changing room, with a swish of her tail. Spitfire dried herself off and put on her work shirt. She left the changing room and headed off in the direction of the training grounds. Soarin was standing at the edge of the track with a clipboard. She walked up behind him and yanked his tail. The stallion yelled in surprise.

"Ow!" he said. He turned to find the culprit, only to see his captain standing there. He gave a quick salute."Captain.". She grinned at him. She pulled a sheet out of her pocket and handed it to him. This is there morning drill." she said gesturing towards the recruits. "I can't stick around, so I'll leave you incharge." Spitfire said, giving the stallion a stern look. "I expect them to have this routine learned off for me tomorrow." she said.

"Sure thing Spitfire." Soarin said. Spitfire walked back in the direction of the main building.

As she approached, she saw a white pegasus looking at the pictures adorning the reception walls. He was standing infront of Spitfire's portrait. She trotted over to him and gave him a slight nudge. He turned to her, his face lighting up.

"Hey!" he said hugging his marefriend. "I didn't see you coming." he said.

"I can be very sneaky if I want to." Spitfire responded. "So are you ready for your private tour of the grounds?" she asked him. The stallion nodded.

"Sure thing Spitty." he said. Spitfire blushed at his nickname for her. The two ponies began their journey around the academy. Spitfire showed him all the rooms of the main building including her office, the gym, the hall of fame, the recruits barracks and last on the list the mess hall. The two ponies went inside. It was quite empty as all the pegasi were outside training. The two ponies got some hay fries and sat down at one of the benches.

"So what do you think so far?" Spitfire asked the stallion.

"It reminds me slightly of my time in the guard." Eclipse said. "You know with all the training and stuff." he said. She grinned at him.

"Well there's still much more to see. There's the training grounds and the arena." Spitfire said. "You're also in luck. The team will be practising a drill later. You'll have front row seats." the mare said smiling.

"That sounds great!" the stallion responded. The two ponies ate their hay fries, chatting about small things. They lost track of time as the mess hall erupted into a large amount of noise as the recruits and other staff poured into the mess hall looking for lunch. The two ponies left once everypony else started arriving. They continued on the tour. Outside Spitfire showed Eclipse the multiple tracks they had and the arena where they held official races at the academy. The two had a small race, Spitfire was the winner of course. As the evening drew nearer, the two ponies headed back to one of the training tracks. The two ponies sat in the bleachers.

"The drill is about to start." Spitfire said to Eclipse. The two ponies sat silently and watched as the team of Wonderbolts took there places. A the sound of a whistle they launched in the air. They flew around from point to point, performing jaw dropping stunts. Eclipse watched in awe of the spectacular performers. Rainbow Dash finished the routine with a sonic rainboom. All the cadets and staff stopped to watch as she did it. The sky lit up with a large circular rainbow, which just expanded out into the sky. After all the pegasi landed, Eclipse stood up and applauded, banging his hooves against the bleacher. The team looked over at him and smiled. They all took a bow. Spitfire grabbed Eclipse's hoof.

"Let's head back to the mess hall and grab some food. I know the other said they were dying to meet you." she said to her coltfriend. The two ponies headed off in the direction of the mess hall.

The two sat down at one of the large tables in the mess hall. It was half full at the moment, only the recruits bunking at the academy were there, as the others had gone home for the day. The two ponies waited for the others to arrive. The team burst through the doors of the mess hall in a large chatter. They sat down beside Eclipse and Spitfire. The two congratulated the team on their performance.

"So you liked it?" Rainbow Dash asked Eclipse.

"Oh yes, it was absolutely an astounding performance." the stallion responded. "Each of you performed beautifully in your own unique way. I especially loved the finale of the sonic rainboom." Eclipse said. The ponies nodded to show thanks for the compliments. Soarin sat down beside the stallion.

"You're not too bad yourself." the baby blue stallion said. Both Eclipse and Spitfire looked at him confused. "I saw the race you two had earlier." he said.

"Oh, you saw that?" Eclipse asked.

"Yeah, your a very talented flyer. I just don't understand why you let Spitfire win." the stallion blurted. All the ponies looked at the baby blue stallion, eyes wide. Spitfire raised an eyebrow at him.

"What do you mean, he let me win?" the mare asked, an edge in her tone of voice.

"Well it was pretty clear from watching him that he was holding back, and I'm mean a lot. If he had been flying properly he would have mopped the floor with you." Soarin said. Rainbow Dash punched her coltfriend in the arm.

"You got a death wish or something?" she asked the stallion. He looked at her, slightly upset.

"It was just an observation." the stallion said in his defence. Spitfire looked at her coltfriend.

"Is this true?" she asked the stallion. Eclipse glanced from side to side, then swallowed hard.

"Maybe?" he said, hoping that was the right answer.

"Why wouldn't you give it your all?" Spitfire asked. "Do you think you'd upset me if you beat me?" she questioned the stallion. "Do you think I'm that fragile?" she said, her voice raising slightly. The stallion shook his head.

"Of course not Spitty, it's just I thought the race was for fun. I didn't realise we were taking it so seriously." the stallion said leaning back from her. Spitfire paused for a second to calm down.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to raise my voice." she said. The stallion hugged her.

"It's alright. We can race again another time. And I'll try my best then." the stallion said. Spitfire smiled at him. "Now I would like to congratulate you all on a great performance. I'm taking everypony here out for drinks. And it's all on me." the stallion said. Everyponie's eyes widened at what the stallion said.

"Are you sure about that Eclipse?" Spitfire asked him.

"Of course. Now let's go find a bar and have ourselves a wild night." the stallion said. The ponies at the table all cheered.

"You've got yourself a keeper there Spitfire" Rapidfire said, making the other ponies laugh, including Eclipse. The ponies left the mess hall and headed out into the city.

***

Spitfire and Eclipse staggered through the door just after midnight. The two ponies fell into the living room. Spitfire landed on top of Eclipse. She looked into his eyes.

"Today was great." she said. The stallion beneath her nodded in agreement.

"You've got some really nice friends." he said. "I'm glad I could get to see there good side before we went out drinking." the stallion joked. "That Soarin is an absolute crazy drunk." Eclipse said. Spitfire laughed at her coltfriend's comment.

"You should see Rainbow Dash after a few ciders. You wouldn't even recognise her." Spitfire said.

"Really? I wouldn't have guessed her to be a wild mare." the stallion said. "Your other friends weren't much better. Rapidfire is a complete flirt, did you know that. He's absolutely terrible at it but a huge flirt nonetheless. Did you know he started flirting with me before we left." the stallion said.

"He'll flirt with anything that moves." Spitfire said. "Fleetfoot is the exact same, yet the two never seem to flirt with one another. it's quite odd actually." the yellow mare said.

"Well I know there's only one mare worth flirting with." the stallion said, wrapping his hooves around Spitfire. He kissed the mare. She returned the kiss. The two lay there for a while before braking for air. "I think we should move this up to the bedroom?" the stallion suggested.

"Sure thing." Spitfire said. The two ponies went up the stairs into the bedroom and closed the door behind them.