• Published 7th Jan 2017
  • 1,701 Views, 19 Comments

Behind The Flight Suit - Strats



What are the Wonderbolts really like when they take off those infamous suits.

  • ...
0
 19
 1,701

Chapter 2: Workplace Visit

Spitfire rolled over in the bed, dragging the sheets with her. She reached a hoof over on the far side of the bed, expecting to find a stallion there. When she felt nothing, she turned to see where her coltfriend was. The other half of the bed was empty. Spitfire sat up in the bed and looked around the room. She saw one of his shirts laying on a chair, meaning he hadn't packed up and left during the night. She heard a noise coming from the ensuite. A few moments later the white pegasus emerged from the ensuite. He had a toothbrush in his mouth and was humming a tune that Spitfire didn't recognise. He smiled at the mare who had just woken up. He trotted over to her and kissed her on the forehead.

"Morning sleepy head." the stallion said, a happy look on his face. "Did you sleep well?" he asked the mare. Spitfire rubbed one of her eyes and looked at the stallion.

"What are you doing up so early?" she asked, glancing at her alarm clock. "It's quarter to six in the morning. Even I don't have to be up for at least another fifteen minutes." the yellow pegasus said. The stallion smiled at her as he returned to the ensuite. He came back out, this time without a toothbrush. He put on the shirt that had been resting on the chair.

"I have that meeting in Canterlot today." Eclipse said. "I told you this three days ago. I said I would be late home and that you would be better off going out for dinner with your friends." the stallion said. He proceeded to rummage through one of the dressers. "Now where did I put my tie?" the stallion mumbled to himself. Spitfire hopped out of the bed and floated over to him.

"Which tie are you looking for?" she asked the stallion. She glanced at his blazer. "Well since you're wearing your cream suit, I'm assuming you're looking for your blue tie?" she asked innocently.

"How did you know?" the stallion grinned. Spitfire smiled.

"Us mares have our ways. It's in the wardrobe, beside the scarves." the mare said. The stallion trotted over to the wardrobe and opened it. There sitting beside the scarves was his blue tie. He pulled it out and put it on.

"What would I do without you?" he said to the mare.

"Probably buy a new tie each time you can't find yours." Spitfire giggled. The stallion put on his blazer. He stood infront of the mare. She brushed a piece of lint off his shoulder. "Have you got everything?" she asked the stallion, giving him a questionable look. The stallion nodded.

"I believe I do. I'll be back this evening, but it will probably be very late. I'll try not make too much noise." Eclipse said. He gave the mare infront of him a kiss. "A bientôt." he said. Spitfire giggled.

"I love it when you speak french." she said hugging the stallion goodbye. The stallion left the room. He got into the cart waiting outside to take him to Canterlot. Spitfire waved at him from the balcony. She went back into her room. As she did she fell back onto her bed. As soon as she made impact with the cloud, her alarm went off.

"Better get ready for work." the mare said, rolling out of bed for the second time this morning.

***

Spitfire flew into the Wonderbolt compound. She headed into the main building. Once inside, she went into her office. A large pile of papers were stacked on her desk, like a towering mountain. This was how most of her mornings started, lots of paperwork and lots of coffee. She left her office and headed for the mess hall to grab some coffee. On her way she bumped into Soarin and Rainbow Dash. They waved as they saw her approaching.

"Thanks for the wonderful dinner last night." Rainbow Dash said. "We had a great time, especially the part where we got to meet your coltfriend." Dash said with a sly grin. She nudged her coltfriend.

"Oh yeah, it was great. I absolutely loved the pie." Soarin said. Rainbow Dash scowled at him. "What? It was great pie." he said in his defence.

"Well I'm glad you both enjoyed yourselves." Spitfire said. "Eclipse said it was nice meeting both of you." the yellow mare said. "He's actually out of town tonight so I'll be eating alone. Would you like to join me?" She asked her colleagues. The two ponies nodded.

"We would love to join you. Where did you plan on going?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Well there's a Sushi place on the south side of town that I absolutely love. Eclipse isn't really the biggest sushi fan, so we never go there together." Spitfire said.

"That sounds great! We'll meet outside after practice." Rainbow Dash said. The two ponies went on there way, leaving Spitfire to get her morning coffee. Once she had it she returned to her office to start on the paperwork.


After what seemed like an eternity, Spitfire finally placed her pen down. All the paper work had been filled out for the day. She placed it in a tray at the edge of her desk. She sat back and took a sip of her coffee. As she was drinking there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Spitfire shouted. Fleetfoot entered the office.

"Hey captain. I just dropped by to pick up today's training schedule to put up in the changing room." the mare said.

"Sure thing Fleet." Spitfire said. She pulled a sheet out of a drawer in her desk. "Here you go." she said giving the frosty blue mare the sheet. "Oh Fleet, if you're not busy this afternoon, would you care to join me, Crash and Clipper for dinner?" she asked the mare.

"I would love to captain." the mare responded.

"Great. We're meeting outside the main building after practice." Spitfire said to the mare.

"Thanks captain." Fleetfoot said as she left the office. Spitfire went back to enjoying he coffee. She looked at the clock on her desk. Eleven. She decided to grab a pre-workout snack from the mess hall. She got up and left her office.


Spitfire walked into the Wonderbolts gym. There was three other pegasi in there, besides her. She decided to go for a quick run on the treadmill before practice, as she knew her wings would be getting more of a workout then her legs. She spent over an hour on the treadmill before stopping. She grabbed her towel and wiped the beads of sweat off her face. She headed in the direction of the changing rooms to have a quick cold shower before practice. She was in and out of the shower in minutes. She put on her flight suit and headed out to the track. Outside waiting for her was her team. She blew her whistle to call them in. She went over the drill that had been put up in the changing room by Fleetfoot. Once she was confident her team understood, she blew her whistle and told them to get to work.

Halfway through the drill Spitfire noticed a lone pegasus sitting in the bleachers. She assumed it was somepony trying to slack off. She flew over to them immediately, ready to give them a good disciplining. Once she got close enough she realised who the pegasus was. Sitting in the bleacher was her coltfriend, Eclipse, with a large grin on his face. She landed beside him and gave him a hug.

"What are you doing here? I though you had a meeting in Canterlot?" she asked confused.

"Well my first meeting ended a lot earlier than I expected." the stallion said. "I thought it would a good idea to surprise my favourite mare in the whole world with a visit." the stallion said. Spitfire blushed.

"You're such a gentlecolt." Spitfire said pressing a hoof against his chest.

"Sadly I can't stay for long. I've got another meeting I must attend. I'll see you this evening when I get home?" the stallion asked.

"I'll be waiting up for you." Spitfire responded. She kissed him on the cheek and flew back over to her team. The team stopped and watched their captain.

"Alright, nothing to see here, back to the drill." Soarin shouted as he saw Spitfire returning.


Three hours later, all the pegasi were practically falling out of the sky from sheer tiredness. It was quite an intense drill. The idea had come to Spitfire after she and Rainbow Dash had their little competitive race. She blew her whistle to let her team know they were done for the day. The sound of relief that came from the team could be heard from the moon. The pegasi headed for the changing rooms to shower. Spitfire was talking to Rainbow Dash and Fleetfoot.

"It was very gentlecolt of him to show up at your workplace." Fleetfoot said. "I wish I could find a stallion like that." the frosty blue mare said.

"So do I." Rainbow Dash joked. "I'm stuck with this goofball." she said pointing at Soarin. He turned at the mention of his name.

"Did somepony call?" he asked. The three mares laughed.

"So we're all up for dinner this evening?" Spitfire asked her friends.

"Sure. I absolutely starving after that drill. Seriously Spitfire, where do you come up with these hellish drills?" Rainbow Dash asked. The three mares and the stallion left the changing room and headed to the restaurant.

***

"So what's he like?" Fleetfoot asked Rainbow Dash. She took a sip of her drink.

"He's amazing. Such a gentlecolt. And his muscular body, he's a complete dreamboat." the rainbow mare said. Soarin made a loud grunt.

"I'm right here you know." the stallion pouted.

"I know, you should be taking notes." Rainbow Dash joked. Spitfire and Fleetfoot laughed.

"You should bring him in on a proper tour of the academy. Also introduce him to the team, I'm sure they'd love to meet him." Fleetfoot suggested.

"I'll have to think about it. I don't want him to think I'm rushing into this relationship." Spitfire said.

"Celestia's sake mare. The two of you are already living together, I'm sure him meeting your friends isn't that big of a step." Fleetfoot groaned.

"Fine. I'll bring him in on a tour. But I don't want anypony to embarrass me, or there will be serious consequences." the yellow pegasus said. The other two mares turned to look at Soarin. He took an offended look.

"Oh sure, assume I'm going to embarrass her." he said, a piece of pie hanging off his chin. The three mares just laughed.

***

Spitfire arrived back at her house, shortly after midnight. After dinner the four pegasi had went to the bar for some drinks. They had great fun discussing one another's embarrassing moments from the past. She headed straight upstairs upon entering. She opened the door to her bedroom. It was empty.

"He must be late" Spitfire thought to herself. She took her jacket off and threw it on the chair. She sat down in her bed. A few moments later she heard the door opening downstairs. The door to her bedroom opened. Eclipse stepped inside.

"Sorry I'm a bit late. The second meeting went on a bit longer than I had hoped. I just excused myself towards the end to get here on time." the stallion said.

"It's fine." Spitfire said. The stallion took off his blazer and proceeded to get undressed. As he was doing so Spitfire talked to him. "I was talking to the mares today. They thought it would be a fun idea to bring you on a tour of the academy. How does that sound?" Spitfire asked her coltfriend. He stopped and turned to look at her.

"That's sounds like a wonderful idea. What day are you free to give me a tour?" he asked.

"We can do it tomorrow, if you're free that is." she responded.

"I'll clear my schedule." the stallion said, crawling into the bed beside her. "Goodnight." he said, giving the mare a kiss.

"Goodnight." she said returning the kiss. The stallion reached over and turned off the lights.