• Published 3rd Oct 2016
  • 386 Views, 4 Comments

How To Live Amongst Ponies - SomeRetroGeek



You wouldn't expect a Changeling to own a journal, let alone a guide on how to live amongst ponies.

  • ...
 4
 386

Level Two: Feeding Upon Love

Love.

Love is such a beautiful thing. We as a species feed upon it. We need it. For survival. The ponies, spreading their friendship and equality, are an easy target as a result. They love and tolerate, and that leads them to their ultimate weakness against us. We steal the love, devour it, we live another day, while they fall lifelessly onto the cold floor. I never wanted that to be the case. I didn't want to harm them, but I had no choice, none of us did. We all die otherwise. And it is the only chance that you, reading this, have of surviving adulthood as a Changeling. In childhood, you can easily eat anything, feed upon anything, but in adulthood, something happens. Something changes. Something in your body craves for a new meal, something that you need. Something the queen never gave to us and what her creator Star Swirl never gave to her. And that thing, is the love of those ponies. Perhaps it was because of that "foolish Star Swirl", as our Queen calls him, who, as a result of creating the first Changelings, releasing them from that plant all those years ago. Maybe him putting that sign on the plant resulted in Chrysalis, our queen, becoming vengeful of him, wanting to steal his love. Perhaps that explains his sudden death. Or maybe I'm looking too deep into the whole thing. Either way, we were born with the desire to devour love at adulthood, and it is our only hope of survival at that age.

It's obvious that once you learn to change forms, you are growing up. Becoming an adult and leaving childhood behind. However, you also now need to learn how to steal the love from these ponies. For a start, enter a town or village populated primarily by ponies. Make sure that you are not seen if you intend to go and steal love undisguised. It is a major risk, so I highly recommend using another form as we went through previously in Level One. If you go in disguised, make sure that you are alone, and that there are no others around to see you. This is why I recommend stealing love at night, as it will not only be quieter, but also easier to steal love with no one else around to see you. To devour the love of a pony, you simply need to use your horn and mind. Think about their love. Take it from them like taking candy from a filly. In a matter of seconds, the pony will be helpless. You'll be absorbing every last gram of love from it. You'll be able to survive. Live another day. Your victim? They won't be as lucky. In fact, they'll most likely be dead. Following the first time a pony died as a result of me feeding off of their love, I made the decision to only steal a small amount of love from multiple ponies every day. That way, they are blissfully unaware of my intentions, as they will likely pass out for a few moments before waking up following the absorption, giving me enough time to escape, and they live another day too.

Stealing love from them is incredibly easy once you look like one of them. It entertains the swarm immensely when a Changeling attempts to steal love for the first time. Will they or won't they do it? As for my task to you, change your form as we went over in Level One, and follow the instructions I went over previously with stealing love. Try both methods of stealing love. See if you would go far as to kill another being who has done nothing just so you can live for one more day, or steal small amounts from multiple throughout one day, so that they and you can live another day. What will you be? Killer or Moral? That answer's obvious. Please, don't make the same mistake I did. I still have to live with it. Be the moral one, not the killer.

Now that you have learnt how to feed upon love, let's go over what you are now hopefully capable of:
Stealing all love from a pony alone and in hiding.
Stealing all love from a pony in a different form.
Stealing a certain amount of love from multiple ponies, both hiding and in a different form.

If you are capable of these things, then you may proceed to 'Level Three: Fully Blending In', where I will guide you through how to act, walk, talk, create a fake persona whilst in a pony form, act like another pony upon stealing their appearance and several other details.

Comments ( 1 )
V8

diary of a wimpy changeling

Login or register to comment