• Published 14th Jul 2017
  • 459 Views, 0 Comments

Luna's Wish - Carbon Maestro - Rtrotten



From just a filly Luna knew that she felt different about the night, but considering what her sister did every day prevented her from being able to truly know about the night

  • ...
 0
 459

My Wish

Author's Note:

Read Derpy and Carrot Top's Epic adventure book two to understand a lot of what this means.

p.s. Sorry for any bad grammar, I have a crappy computer until I replace my old one and this one runs super slowly and I'm not willing to edit with how slow it is.

Three years into luna's training the tragedy in the crystal empire took place. Soon after that the death of Star Swirl the Bearded occurred.

Luna sat alone beneath the tree that she and her sister once slept underneath during the building stage of Equestria. "Why did he have to go and die, my sister doesn't even care about you anymore." Tears ran down her blue face and onto the grass beneath her. Luna took notice that the sun was going down which meant it was her time to raise the moon. Luna started focusing her magic on the massive rock that had been placed in the sky millions of years ago. Once the moon was in the sky Luna was brought back to her thoughts. As another drop fell from her face, she felt her magic tingle at the sense. Luna let her magic take control of the tear; she watched as the tear floated up in front of her face. Luna watched in awe as the now glowing orb raised into the sky placing itself next to the moon.

Luna raised her hoof up to touch it, but to her disbelief, she could not touch it. Luna got up and flew into the air trying to catch the tear. Then it hit Luna that the tear had become a part of the sky. Luna reached up into the sky but once again she could not capture it. Luna slowly lowered herself to the ground as she wrapped her mind around what just happened.

"How did that….," Luna was interrupted by a voice calling from behind her, "Luna what are you doing out so late, I thought you brought the moon up a half an hour ago?"

"Well I did, but I think I’m going to try to switch up my sleep schedule, it's probably for the better."

"How would it be for the better," Celestia asked.

“Well I don’t do a lot during the day, and with controlling the night and all, I might as well stay up to watch it just as you do with your day.”

“It’s your day too you know, and I need you to help during the day. With all this chaos that has been going on in the crystal empire and now Star Swirl is dead, besides I don’t even like the night all that much it’s dark and cold and the only thing good that comes from it is the ability to sleep.”

Something awoke in Luna as the sentence left Celestia’s mouth, “You only cared about Star Swirl because he gave you the ability to raise and lower the sun. In the crystal empire when Sombra took you down I swear I felt a connection between us all but I can’t be sure what it was because you abandoned my in that dream state as for you, he almost took you over. I have given you my all, and you treat it like it’s nothing.”

“Why is this my fault now, I didn’t kill Sombra you did. I didn’t force Star Swirl to release that monster to answer my questions, but you did, and I would even go to say that you are the one who is doing all that you can to hurt us, and guess what you can stay out here as long as you want because I don’t even want to see you anymore.”

Celestia turned to stomp away when she was stopped by Luna asking, “What about Snow Drop, how much effort did you put in to try and save her?”` Celestia stopped and looked at the ground for a minute before she retired from where she came.

As soon as Celestia was out of view Luna fell to the ground, "Why has she been acting so differently lately, is it really about what has been going on?" Luna broke into tears and concentrated her magic as she has done earlier and watched them float into the sky. Once they were stuck there she concentrated on one of them.

Luna opened her eyes and was immediately brought into tears at the sight. In front of her there was a long strip of highlight blue weaving in between a stretch of cobalt blue blankets that almost seem like they were moving. A wave of turquoise entangled itself above the ocean of stars sending the white balls of light closer to her sight. Luna herself was standing on a carpet of multicolored stars. Luna watched in awe as her tears mixed into a cluster of stars. From there they turned into stars after that transformation the stars in that grouping turned into a hallway of doors. Luna slowly approached them when she arrived at one of the doors she opened it as was quickly inside of a weird place. She looked around at the checkered room who had fish swimming in the air and ponies standing on the roof.

"I have been expecting you for a while, Luna."

Luna looked around the room but there was no one there, "Show yourself coward."

"I am no coward but I am not hiding."

"What do you mean?"

"Well you are in a dream but you don't know what I look like so you will have to make something up."

"I am dreaming?"

"No you are in a dream, an ability I perceive as dream walking. I can dream walk as well, but I have no form, so there is no way to show myself to others."

"Who are you, what are you?"

"Ugh well, lets just choose something random because that is what I like. Go capture a book and look at the first two words they will be my name and what I am, how about that?"

Luna didn't waste time in capturing a book, that was flying around the room, with her magic, "It says draconicus and Discord."


"How did I get this cutie mark by being in a dream Discord?"

"I have to say goodbye now but I guess it is what you were destined to do."

Luna woke up in a cold sweat on the ground, "Was that a dream," in a brief second she realized that it was not a dream and that her cutie mark was there. "I was made to rule the night, I was made to dream walk and now I know my purpose."

"So you got your cutie mark, I knew it would be the moon."

Luna turned around to see her sister standing behind her, "What are you doing out here I thought you didn't want to talk to me any more."

"I don't but I am struggling not to kill you along with your night."

"You will not touch my night and if you do I will.."

"King Sombra's magic is inside of me now you can't stop me now. His magic is making me stronger. I don't think you can harm me." Luna allowed her tears to run down her cheeks because she knew that they would end up in the sky. She knew that the years would allow her to dream walk.

"So what just because you have some fancy magic makes you think that I will allow you to destroy my night."

"I am doing it with or without your permission." Celestia staggered for a second before she fell into a kneeling position,"Luna run it's taking over me, King Sombra controls fear and its taking me over."

"How could that happen that's not even possible it was my fear I would even be able to latch onto you? Please Tia please stop this, fight it."

A voice came from inside Luna's head, "I'm sorry Luna, there is no time to explain. This is Star Swiril and I know you think that is your sister but it isn't, when king sombra banished the crystal empire his dark magic latched itself onto many different hosts two of them being you and your sister, you can't have that evil banished from you until you are hit by the elements of harmony from six different hosts. Celestia is going to try and kill you and I'm sorry but you're going to have to let her. I have to go now , good luck!"

Celestia's horn glowed yellow which then turned red as the six elements of harmony surrounded her, "Say goodbye to your night sister." Celestia cracked a crooked smile as she started lowering the moon and raising the sun.

Luna, in a second body, watched as the celestial plane started fading as the sun started rasing, "I can't let my night end, not the beauty, not the stars, not the peace or celestial bars." In a moment of hatred Luna shot a bolt of magic at her sister causing her to fall to the ground, she then proceeded to bring her moon back up into the sky blocking out the light of the sun. Black lines shot from what seemed to be the moon enveloping her in darkness. Luna breathed hard as she saw her sister lying motionless on the ground while the black webbing continued to surround her.

On that day Luna unknowingly started the first day of the Sun War. The action created an alternate universe in which nothing could return. Celestia exploited the new found power to rewrite history back to that day whenever she chooses to do so. A piece of darkness will stay in her heart forever more until a group of six ponies will use the elements of harmony to defeat her. Until that day comes Equestria is truly doomed to serve under an evil god that can and will change history to her advantage

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment