• Published 14th Jul 2017
  • 455 Views, 0 Comments

Luna's Wish - Carbon Maestro - Rtrotten



From just a filly Luna knew that she felt different about the night, but considering what her sister did every day prevented her from being able to truly know about the night

  • ...
 0
 455

My Night

Luna woke up in a cold sweat, "Just a dream." Luna swung her legs over the edge of the bed and gently stepped onto the wooden floor. She made her way out of the room and down the hall filled with multiple drawings and picture frames till she came to the living room. From there she went to the front door.

Luna took a deep breath of the cool night air as she walked down the steps and onto the grass. "Maybe ruling the night wouldn't be so bad." The second the thought entered her mind it was replaced by the thought from all of those years ago of Celestia leaving and saying that she never loved her. "No, I didn't waste all these years so I could change my mind."

"Well, it's never too late to try again Luna."

Luna turned around with excitement, "Star Swirl!"

Luna went to hug him but was stopped by his magic, "Please refrain from hugging me tightly, I am an old pony."

The hug was small and soft but it was enough for the both of them. "So how have you been these past ten years, I can't even believe it has been that long!"

"Well, I have done a lot of thinking and contemplating one that matter of my challenge."

Luna's smile quickly disappeared, "I told you my answer that day and it's not my choice anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"Whenever I think of ruling the night that nightmare comes back."

"I know about this, and I believe I can provide a solution to it."

"Well, what is it."

"I can take the fear from you and place it in an item but to take the fear from you I must make it into a real object."

"So you're saying that I need to do your challenge to get the fear into a monster and from there you can contain that monster in an item of your choice."

"Yes"

"Ok then let's get this done"

"What, no hesitation"

"It's a two for one deal, I face my fear but I will get rid of it and I can rule the night."


Star Swirl gulped as he said the familiar phrase again for the first time in ten years, "Are you ready?" Luna nodded. Star Swirl's magic took control of a different rock this time. Luna watched as it molded and morphed into a pony but it didn't look like Celestia this time, in fact, it looked more like Luna.

"Ok, Star Swirl go ahead." Luna took a brief second to look at him and take long to see the tears coming from his eyes.

"Luna I can't, I'm sorry you have to face it."

Luna looked back at the creature just as it finished forming, "So you are my fear, but what is it."

"Let me show you."

"Do not step near me, creature."

"But I must." The creature jumped at Luna spreading its wings while doing so.

Luna smiled as she grabbed the creature's forearm slamming it one the ground over her shoulder. "I told you not to touch me, and Star Swirl how dare you turn your back on me." Luna looked down to see the creature grab her back leg and bite it. Luna fell down and onto the ground while holding her leg, "How did that thing hurt me it's just fear?"

"You held onto this fear for a long time but it has changed and gotten stronger."

"How do I stop it?"

"By facing it"

"I am facing it and it isn't doing anything."

"No, you are fighting it."

"So you want me to let it kill me?"

"No just listen to it."

"Luna what the wizard says is true."

"What if I don't"

"Then I will have to kill you."

"Well stay over there if you want to tell me these things."

"If you wish, you fear that you are not being accepted by any pony, not just your sister. Considering you are one of two alicorns and you don't even have a cutie mark yet." Luna looked back to be reminded that she didn't have one yet. "That isn't all, you fear that if you train with the wizard that he will make a like image of you to your sister and that you will ignore others and not care for the young ponies of Equestria.

"I don't fear.."

Luna was stopped by the creature who jumped and pinned Luna on the ground, "I am your fear I have been with you for ten years and know every single thought that you possess. I know your fears. Do not lie to me Luna! Accept them, accept me your fears."

"Fine, do your worst demon." Star Swirl watched carefully as the creature grew a horn which glowed blue with magic.


"Hello, where am I Star Swirl?"

"Oh, Luna there you are. I was worried sick I couldn't find you and I didn't want to try to find you after I lowered the sun, your mane and coat match right into the grass at night."

"Tia do you love me?'

"What kind of a question is that of course not. What would make you think otherwise?"

"What do you mean I thought you have always loved me."

"Pssh you mean when I wouldn't allow you to work or when I took away the stars and the moon that you love so much or maybe all of those meetings that I would just let you sit outside how about those."

"But Tia we are sisters."

"You are no sister of mine and you aren't even close without a cutie mark.

"But."

"Luna are you alright."

"Who is that calling me."

Celestia laughed a tiny bit, "Who would want you?"

"Luna say something!"

"There it is again. Hello!"



"Luna oh goodness you're alright, what happened?'

"My fear is still here."

"But I can take it now and put it away." Star Swirl held up a small crystal and put a field of magic between it and Luna. Slowly Luna lied down as the magic took the fears away from her.

After a few minutes, Luna shot up from her sleep, "There is something in my mouth it's moving."

"Well open up.'' Luna did as he asked, "No um ugh just don't worry about it. If you want to start training tomorrow then we can."

"Really?"

"Of course and we'll get you lowering and raising the moon in no time."

"Before I go back can I see my fear."

"'Yep." Star Swirl held up an alicorn shaped rock, "This can hold great power but it is very dark and unstable."

"Hide it then."

"If you wish Princess Luna."