• Published 22nd Jul 2016
  • 433 Views, 1 Comments

A Repeat Performance - Scratchpad



Set during Discord's first escape. All of Ponyville was at his mercy... except for one beautiful, if odd, two-toned house. Let us hope curiosity does not kill the draconequus...

  • ...
2
 1
 433

1 Begin at the Beginning

-=Now=-

Discord sat upon his throne and surveyed the wildly chaotic sight before him. Equestria as it was meant to be, nonsensical, chaotic and fun. He had been locked away as a statue for far too long. He produced a drinking glass from nothing, let it fill with chocolate milk rain and then sipped leisurely at the glass, feeling the cool glass slosh down his throat. Feeling suitably refreshed and ready for more long overdue chaos, he tossed the chocolate milk away and was pleasantly surprised that an explosion didn’t follow.

Something new! And new implied different and different was fun because if things were always the same, then it wasn’t chaotic and that was no fun at all.

He snapped his fingers and another chocolate milk appeared in his paw. He tossed his milk but not his cookies and watched curiously as the sweet explosive impacted the delightfully strange, two-tone house. Staid and conventional on one half, zany and energetic on this other half. He liked this house already.

If Discord didn’t know better, then he’d have thought his magic had already transformed the house from the dreary little hovels of plaster and straw that seemed to dominate Ponyville into the strikingly handsome state it was now.

That is, if his choco milk grenade hadn’t fizzled against some kind of red shielding enveloping the house. It completely negated his spell. Curious. No magic known to earth pony, pegasus, or unicorn had ever been effective against him. Even the best efforts of Celestia and Luna usually came up short

This bore investigation.

-=Once=-

In the beginning, there was Faust. And Faust saw what was and what was not and grew dissatisfied. Faust did away with what was and resolved to focus on what will be. To that end, Faust created Shabraneighpon the Mare of Destruction and Ceifield the Stallion of Creation.
Long did the two forces of destruction and creation war, neither acceding victory to the other due to their equal power. And so the land suffered. Everything Shabraneighpon destroyed, Ceifield rebuilt; everything Ceifield built, Shabraneighpon ruined.

Dismayed at her two warring children, Fault looked down on the two and spake thusly, “You are both mine excellent creations. You are the light and the dark, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. You were meant to work together in friendship and in love. Indeed, I love you both in equal measure. Do try and get along.”

And Ceifield and Shabraneighpon truly looked at one another for the first time. They measured each other’s worth, judged their accomplishments, and began to admire that which the other did not possess. They became friends and Faust was greatly pleased.
Finally, the land was at peace and discord was reduced for the destroyer and creator worked together destroying the old and creating the new and many great things were born. So pleased was Faust that she created the first of a new breed of ponies now that the land was safe.
And Ceifield and Shabranieghpon grew to love the younger, lesser children of the great goddess. They taught them much; as their love for their younger siblings grew, so too did their love for each other grow. For indeed, there were none like the two of them in all of creation. But from this love grew a melancholy.

The younger children of Faust could be fruitful and multiply for though they were long lived, they were simply mortal. At first, the two gods pitied their siblings, but it was not to last.

Shabraneighpon and Ceipheed were ageless but they were not fruitful for Shabraneighpon was the embodiment of destruction and try though she might, she could not create life. Meloncholy turned to despair and despair turned to anger. And in her great anger and pain, she lashed out at the ponies. The little ponies died and immediately she regretted her actions.

Faust was instantly aware of what had transpired, but still asked Shabraneighpon why she had done such evil. Stricken with grief and tears in her eyes, she still looked upon her creator and declared, “Destruction is my nature. It is how you made me.” And before the great god Faust, Shabraneighpon shivered in fear at the retribution that would surely be visited upon her.

Before Faust could speak, Ceifield threw himself before their creator and pleaded for mercy for Shabraneighpon’s sake for he had truly come to love the mare, she his polar opposite.

Faust looked at her two creations, and saw that she had erred. For though they had become friends and even lovers; theirs was not a love that could be expressed in equal portion. In that inequality, a jealousy and hurt had arisen in Shabraneighpon.

“What now would you have me do, my children? A great crime has been committed for it is not right that pony should kill pony. But I see that fault does not rest solely with you but also with me for I did create you.”

Ceifield held Shabraneighpon tightly to himself and thought carefully before he spoke. “We-we were lonely and jealous of our younger kin. They could be fruitful where we could not. In our jealousy and sadness Shabraneighpon acted wrongly, but we are but one half of the other and though only my beloved acted, we are both to blame.” He stopped as if inwardly warring about what to say next. “Could you not make it so that Shabraneighpon could have children?

And Faust looked long and hard at her two children. Finally, she spoke. “I could indeed make it so that Shabraneighpon could bear children, but then she would no longer be the mare of destruction for such a change would alter her very nature and she would no longer be the mare you know. Indeed, if such a change should occur, then calamity would surely follow for Shabraneighpon has a destiny that is yet unfulfilled.

Both were sad as they huddled in each others’ embrace. There seemed no solution to their sadness. Vibrant blue hair seemed dull and lifeless as a morose Shabraneighpon spoke, “Then I am undone forevermore. I am the destroyer but I desire above all else to create children of my own. This is a want that will not fade after a day, or 100 days or even 10,000. And because we are eternal, I will suffer from now until the end of time.” And the white mare sobbed into the embrace of Ceifield.

Then a look of terrible resolve settled on Ceifield's face. “Great Faust, you said that Shabraneighpon had a destiny, but what of myself? We are but two sides of the same coin, and I am the creator aspect. Could I not sacrifice in some way to give my beloved the children she deserves?

I have a plan for all of my children. Some are more immediate than others. And some... she trailed off as she looked at her son in with intent and caring eyes, and some are closer to fruition than you might expect.

The wisdom of Ceifield did not fail him. “Then I will give up everything and anything for Shabraneighphon's happiness. What must I do?"

Tear filled eyes went wide. “No!” cried Shabraneighpon. “You cannot have him!”

Faust was not unkind but rebuked her daugher. “It is his decision to make.”

She turned to the handsome stallion, his grey fur and dark mane added a sense of solemnity, “How far would you go for Shabraneighpon's happiness?”

“To the utmost.” He said, his voice not wavering. He then kissed her cheek.

“Then it shall be so.” Faust’s horn and eyes began to glow. “When I did create thee, I gave you dominion over the aspects of creation and destruction, as I was content to allow you to slowly realize your potential. Now, I unleash all your power now, we will create new breeds of pony to replace those your lover has destroyed. These are your children, as they have been made from your body.”

Faust's magic flashed and Ceifield's body dissolved leaving only his magic and his special talent.

“As you are needed, for when all things end, this was not a sacrifice you could make, Shabraneighpon.” Faust's magic flashed again and Shabraneighpon felt reduced somehow.

“Creation was embodied by the Sun and Destruction by the Moon. I have taken back those gifts and with Ceifield's love for you and his great sacrifice, I will use that to shape two children of the two of you to rule the day and the night.”

“And they shall be called Celestia and Luna.” The magic flashed a final time and two young foals were at Shabraneighpon's feet. Gathering them to her with her forehooves, tears were in her ruby red eyes whether for her lover's loss or for the love of her new children, is not known.

And though the balance of night and day remained, Discord entered into the world, for creation and destruction were no longer balanced.

Comments ( 1 )

I do hope you could continue this, it is not often i find a fic that i can say is one that i like and hope will continue.:twilightsmile:
Also, great job! I didn't see one typo. (It's a given that i wasn't looking for them but whatever:twilightsheepish:.)

Login or register to comment