• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 6,606 Views, 361 Comments

Renew - lorettafox



The sequel to These Dreams and the three are being pursed by a pony from Discord's past who wants him gone forever and will stop at nothing to have it happen, even it means hurting the family if so.

  • ...
27
 361
 6,606

Spell Busted

"Thank goodness the foal decided to stop dancing." Twilight spoke a few minutes after the doctor pony left. She glanced down at her stomach and let out a small chuckle. "You know I love you, my little foal, but I'm glad you decided to take a break. It can get really annoying on Mommy."

"That was funny to see on the screen though." Screwball said. "I hope Daddy was able to teach those meanie mares a lesson about messing with our family."

"Knowing him, he probably did something involving Poison Joke." Twilight laughed.

"It did indeed." came a laughing voice that echoed throughout the room. A bright burst of light came into the room, which caused both Twilight and Screwball to shield themselves from going blind. The burst of light disappeared a few seconds later and Discord happily walked into the room.

"Daddy!" Screwball said happily. "Did you teach those meanie mares a lesson?"

"I did give them a very strong message, but I did overhear them talking about acquiring some odd thing called the Alicorn Amulet? Like anything they could get could be a match my powers!" Discord laughed aloud. "It'll take a whole army of Celestia's too put me back into stone!"

"Aren't you protected from turning back into stone?" Twilight asked in worry. "You told me that you were."

Discord let out a laugh. "Of course I am, my dear! You mustn't get to stressed out. It can't be good for the foal."

Twilight put a hoof to her head. "Right. I'm just worried at what exactly those two mares can do. They're pretty determined to have you gone from Equestria. I don't understand why that Bookworm wants you gone though." Twilight sighed at she ran her hoof through her mane. It was an absolute mess! "Great! That teleportation spell made a mess of my mane!"

"Rarity much, my dear?" Discord smirked. "Are you going to start acting like her now?"

Twilight shot him a glare. "Rarity has her reasons to act the way she does, but I will not going out looking like I went to a party! I need to look professional! Is there a mirror and brush anywhere in this room?"

"Here you are, Mommy!" Screwball said happily, holding the questioned items in her hoofs. Twilight ahold of the items with her magic and quickly began to brush her mane back into place.

A few seconds after she began to brush her mane, Twilight glanced into the mirror to notice something that she hadn't really noticed before. There were red ringlets around her purple iris in her eyes! How long had they been there? "How did this happen?!" Twilight screamed.

"What's wrong, Mommy? Are you okay?" Screwball asked in worry.

"No I'm not!" Twilight screamed as there was a loud knock from outside of the door.

"We heard a scream! Is everything alright in there?" asked a guard's voice.

"It's ok! We can handle this." Twilight said as she faked assurance in her voice before turning back to her family, her voice returning to the same tone as before. "My eyes! There is red rings in my eyes! Now did that happen? They haven't been there before until..." Twilight said before something clicked. "Discord?" she said with a warning tone in her voice. "Do you have something to do with this?"

Discord looked at her in slight surprise. He thought she would never notice the red in her eyes! That meant that chaos acceptance spell had to be losing power. Could she be actually accepting it on her own so that the spell would no longer be needed? Discord simply looked at his wife and faked like he knew of nothing.

"Now why in Equestria would I know of something that happened to your eyes?" Discord said as he literally pulled out his own eyes from his head and held them in his hands. "I know about things that happen to my eyes, but that's about it."

"Well, put your eyes back into your head. I will not have a husband that literally has no eyes." Twilight said. "Besides, the red in my eyes is something that you would do, like if I were under a spell of some sort!" Then,another thing clicked in her head. "Wait a minute, you did cast a spell on me!"

"Now, what in Equestria do you mean, my dear? Why would I cast a spell on you? As much fun as that would be, there's no need too." Discord spoke as if he were growing bored of the conversation.

"I remember you casted a spell on me! I don't remember exactly where but the spell had something to do with not having a problem with your chaos! An acceptance spell basically!" Twilight yelled. "You couldn't trust me, your own wife, to accept you for who you were? Why you-" Twilight yelled before her mane and tail seemed to catch on fire since she was so angry. "How could you cast a spell on me, Discord? How could you? I thought you had changed and were actually trying to commit to good! But you couldn't even trust your own wife with accepting your chaos powers?"

"M-My dear." he stuttered out, surprised just how Twilight had became in over the short course of a minute. "You mustn't get to angry now. Remember, the foal."

Twilight's mane and tail quickly returned to their normal state before she glanced down at the ground sadly. "I thought you could trust me but I guess you couldn't. Can I trust you too?"

"You can trust me, my dear." Discord said. "Besides, you being under that spell has been far too long. It has been getting boring. I think it's time you be truly you, even if you may become even more boring." Discord said, finally giving himself a small a smile.

"Are you gonna promise not to cast any more spells like this on me again?" twilight spoke with a glare, the red in her eyes blazing.

"Now I have to give you a promise? Bleh!" Discord stuck out his tongue in fake disgust only to be met only with a harsher glance. "But fine, I promise not to cast any more acceptance spells on you." Discord snapped his fingers and Twilight flinched backwards, as if something had just popped right in front of her eyes.

Twilight picked up the little hoof mirror she had before and looked into it. Staring back at her were her own purple eyes, no red ringlets attaching themselves to her iris. Twilight smiled a little. "Thank you. I do feel the same about the magic though. As long as Equestria isn't thrown into chaos and your chaos is just for amusement, it's fine. And I guess it can protect too if the time arises, which I hope it doesn't."

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Ouch." Apple Sweet said as she rubbed the back of her head. "Those were some heavy flower pots. Wait til I get my hooves on him! I will tear him limb from limb!"

"So will I!" Bookworm said angrily as the Poison Joke that had been in the pots fell off of her. "Oh, holy horsefeathers! Those pots were filled with Poison Joke!"

"What?!" Apple Sweet yelled as she instantly turned around and ran out of the donut shop. Bookworm immediately ran out after her while shouting out Apple Sweet's name in order to get her to stop running.

The old stallion that had been talking to them about the location of the Alicorn Amulet threw off his hood and used his magic to teleport himself out of the donut shop as well. The magic quickly teleported him to a spot in which Apple Sweet was running too, causing her, and soon Bookworm, to crash into the old stallion.

"Ouch!" Apple Sweet yelled. "What did I crash into too?" she said as she looked directly into the purple eyes of the old stallion.

"Why did you run out like that? I thought you wanted to be able to get rid of him permanently. You still require my assistance in locating the Amulet." said the old stallion.

"Poison Joke can be very contagious and it makes a joke out of you! I can't be seen as a joke! I must be confident and stand proud, not stand as a joke to avenge my family!" said Apple Sweet.

"That still doesn't mean you run out like that!" yelled Bookworm as she lifted her head off of Apple Sweet's back. "We have to stick together, you idiot! Before you-know-who showed up, we almost had a plan on how to actually get rid of him! If you want to avenge your family, Sweetie, you need to stay with me!" Bookwork quickly looked at the old stallion. "Will you still help us even after that little fiasco Sweetie here caused?"

"Of course." the old stallion smiled. "But, it is still unsafe to talk about this in the open. We need to converse somewhere more private, like at my residence."

Bookworm smiled and finally noticed something that she didn't catch for a second. The old stallion's hood was completely down and gave a clear view of his face. The odd thing was that was half of his face seemed to be covered by a half white mask and made his red mane and purple eyes much more noticeable. He looked like somepony that she had read about in her research before, but she couldn't exactly place who he looked like. Perhaps when she had more time to read, she could find out who he looked like. until them however, she and Apple Sweet really needed to get rid of Discord.