• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 6,603 Views, 361 Comments

Renew - lorettafox



The sequel to These Dreams and the three are being pursed by a pony from Discord's past who wants him gone forever and will stop at nothing to have it happen, even it means hurting the family if so.

  • ...
27
 361
 6,603

The Confrontation

After taking Discord's measurements, the young couple headed out of the castle (Screwball insisted that she cause a little mayhem at the castle while her parents went out) and towards the Lunarian Theater. It was not before Discord put on the colt disguise he had used when he was posing as her new friend when they went and visited Twilight's parents the last time they were in Canterlot. Only the princesses and Twilight's friends and family knew about her and Discord. They couldn't risk a mass panic attack in Canterlot simply caused by Discord's appearance.

They arrived at the Lunarian theater where Cadence and Shining Armor were waiting outside of the theater for them.

"Twilight! Over here!" Cadence shouted, grabbing their attention.

"Cadence!" Twilight smiled. "It's great to see you! Shining, I've missed you so much, BBBFF!"

"And I've been missing you too, Twilly." Shining smiled as he hugged his little sister. "And this is Discord in disguise?"

"Unless you'd like everypony here in a state of chaos." Discord laughed. "Not that I would mind that is. A little chaos could liven this theater up."

"Well, let's head inside. We don't want to stand here in this sun." Cadence said as the group of four walked into the theater.

-------------------------------------------------------

Apple Sweet had arrived in Canterlot early that morning and was walking around when she spotted both Twilight and Discord in his disguise.

"How can these ponies be fooled by such a pathetic disguise?" Apple Sweet spoke to herself. "It's plainly obvious it's him! Oh that is it, I'm confronting the two of them and calling them out! Their hiding has gone on long enough!"

Apple Sweet followed after them towards the Lunarian Theater where she saw them talking to Shining and Cadence.

"They've managed to fool that couple! How naive can they be?" Apple Sweet spoke as the four disappeared into the theater. "Oh no! I can't lose sight of them!"

Apple Sweet darted towards the theater and was about to walk indoors when she was stopped by an usher pony.

"Ticket, madam?" he asked.

"I don't have a 'ticket' but I must get inside!" Apple Sweet demanded.

"I'm sorry madam. No ticket, no entry." he informed her.

"I hate to do this, but..." Apple Sweet said as a green aura come odd her horn and swirled the usher's eyes around in his head. "But nothing will stop me from preventing Discord from taking over Equestria again."

Apple Sweet walked past the now dazed ticket usher and headed inside the Lunarian Theater to see the group of four all talking to each other about who knows what.

Now, how do I confront him? How do I call him out and make him reveal himself? I can't have ponies here thinking I'm insane. Apple Sweet thought to herself.

--------------------------------------------------

The group of four were finally out of the Canterlot sun and in the cool air of the Lunarian Theater.

"So, Discord, how long have you even been with my sister anyways?" Shining asked in a slight stern voice.

"In actual reality or in her dreams as well?" Discord smirked.

"Wait a moment...you were in her dreams?" Shining said with a tilt of his head.

"Well, yes he was. That's how I sorta fell in love. Kinda of unusual, huh?" Twilight said with an embarrassed laugh.

"I'll say. How long were you in Twilight's dreams?" Shining asked.

"Shortly after she resealed him with the help of her friends. It's been at least seven or eight months." Discord smiled. "Plenty of time to discuss all that happened between us."

"So, she saw you in her dreams everytime she fell asleep, correct?" asked Cadence.

"Yup. Even if it did get boring after visiting her every single night..." Discord spoke in fake boredom.

"Discord!" Twilight said with a pout.

"Kidding. Kidding." Discord smiled.

"If you visited her in her dreams, were you the reason Twilight slept so much after she had been turned into an alicorn?" Cadence asked. "I mean, it does make sense."

"Well, actually yes, he was. I couldn't tell you all at first because you would have all think I've gone crazy!" Twilight stated. "I mean, a pony and the spirit of disharmony, in love? Sounds a little far fetch, don't you think?"

"I will admit, it is unusual." said Shining. "But if you love each other, I'm happy for the both of you then."

"Now that you mention that, you both weren't at breakfast, were you?" asked Twilight.

"No. Did something happen at breakfast?" asked Cadence.

"Well, besides that Celestia wants to throw a better wedding than Twilight and I originally had, not really." Discord spoke non-chanty.

"Wait, Tia is throwing you a wedding?" asked Cadence excitedly. "Does that mean we can help?"

"Well, of course. I'd love for you to be my best mare Cadence and Shining to be the best colt since Discord doesn't exactly have anyone else to fill the slot." said Twilight.

"This is so exciting!" smiled Cadence. "I get to see my little sister get married properly!"

"I can't wait then." Shining smiled. "When is it then?"

"Celestia and I never discussed a date. Not at least for a few days, maybe abit longer." said Twilight.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my favorite little mare." said a familiar voice. "I haven't seen you in quite awhile. How do you do?"

"Passion Heart." Twilight gritted her teeth at the name as she turned to face him. "I'm fine and I'm here with my husband, so go away before another Poison Joke comes crashing onto your head."

"Actually, I want to apologize to you," said Passion Heart. "for the way I acted towards you. After the second Poison Joke incident, I learned I shouldn't act that way towards mares. I do hope you can accept my apology."

"Well, thank you for finally apologizing to me but I think you also owe my husband an apology as well. But I must warn you, he's not as forgiving as I am." said Twilight.

"So, it was you that kept hitting on her almost two months ago." Discord said with a smirk. "Well, I have a special gift just for you then."

------------------------------------------

Apple Sweet kept on watching the group as she noticed Discord begin to make a stallion that had just come over very uncomfortable. What was he going to do to him? Discord had to be called out now, while he was freaking out this stallion.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" Apple Sweet shouted out. "Leave him, Discord!"

Discord instantly shifted his attention from Passion Heart to Apple Sweet. "And who the hay are you? This has nothing to do with you, young mare, so stay out of it."

"This has everything to do with me, Discord, spirit of chaos and disharmony! I know you're wearing a disguise!"

The whole lobby filled with ponies went silent as they all turned towards where all the shouting was going on. They all saw a young mare shouting at a stallion and calling him Discord. Wasn't it true that the spirit had been freed and was among them. This caused the ponies to start whispering towards each other.

"Oh, I see my disguise can't fool every pony here it seems." Discord said as he clapped his hooves on the ground. "And tell me, who are you?"

"Look at me and try to remember, you jerk! Try to remember back over a thousand years ago to what you did to this green unicorn..." Apple Sweet said through gritted teeth.

Discord looked at the green unicorn for a moment and suddenly remembered the memory of the certain green unicorn. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the cursed Apple Sweet! Still under that wizard's spell, I see."

"I'm not under any spell you jerk! You hurt me and my family over a thousand years ago and now I want revenge against you and your two new followers!" said Apple Sweet.

"Followers?" asked Discord in confusion.

"I saw you all in the town of Manehattan! That purple alicorn here and that pink earth pony! Once I inform Princess Celestia of your return, you'll be re-imprisoned!"

"Oh, you're gonna tell the Princess? Go ahead then. She's not gonna do anything about it, though." Discord laughed.

"I will and then you'll be stone! You'll see!" Apple Sweet yelled as she ran out of the theater and towards the direction of Canterlot Castle.

"Who was that unicorn?" asked Twilight. "And what does she want with you, I, and Screwball?"

"I'll explain everything after the play. That's why we come here, isn't it?" smiled Discord.

---------------------------------------
Sorry this one took so long, everypony. I've been depressed and lack of motivation delayed this chapter. And a suckish connection didn't help either.