• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 6,603 Views, 361 Comments

Renew - lorettafox



The sequel to These Dreams and the three are being pursed by a pony from Discord's past who wants him gone forever and will stop at nothing to have it happen, even it means hurting the family if so.

  • ...
27
 361
 6,603

The Wedding


Discord and Twilight climbed the stairs up towards the courthouse. They both stopped in front of the courthouse as Screwball had stopped in front of the door.

"Daddy is gonna get married! I'm so excited!" Screwball said excitedly.

"Do we really want to go through with this? I mean, it's just so sudden. You barely proposed a month ago..." Twilight rambled when a scroll appeared in front of her, dropping to her hooves. "Wonder who this letter is from?"

Twilight levitated the piece of paper off of the ground and unrolled it to read the contents inside.

My dearest student,

After you and Discord fled from what I almost casted upon you both, I began to regret that decision immediately. You had every right to yell at me that night, and understand why you did it. I hope you can accept my apology with this letter. I'd tell you in person myself, but I cannot locate you with any of my spells.

If you both just return to the castle, perhaps we can settle this all out and try to pretend this whole thing never happened. I want to make amends on what I did to you both and try to repair the damage I have caused.

Your teacher,
Princess Celestia

"She...wants to apologize...after what she tried?" Twilight spoke slowly.

Discord had also peered at the letter and looked confused. "Celestia...actually regrets trying to save Equestria from potential chaos? Is she sick or something?"

"But...she wanted to put us under a sleeping spell and now she simply wants to apologize like it never happened?" Twilight spoke slowly before she began to shout. "How can she expect me to forgive her for something like that? She tried to put us under a sleeping spell for Equestria sake! How could I simply forgive and forget? I know you not supposed to hold a grudge, but she tried to 'save' Equestria from you and didn't believe me when I said you had changed!"

Screwball walked over slowly to Twilight and Discord after hearing Twilight's outburst. "Mommy, are you ok?"

"You know what? I'm gonna marry you right here and now and I don't care if Celestia likes it or not!"

"I thought you were going to anyway?" Discord said in confusion.

"I was but now I'm doing it for the both of us and the love we share. To show Celestia we are not a force that can be easily swayed. To prove that it'll take more than a mere apology."

"Now that's the attitude I want to hear from you!" Discord said happily.

Screwball simply clapped her hooves against the ground in happiness. Twilight used her magic to conquer up a scroll and quill before her and began writing a response letter back to Princess Celestia.

Dear Princess Celestia,
I have to inform you that a simple apology and forgetting about everything will make everything better, but it will simply not. I am still your faithful student and I know Discord and I deserve more respect especially since he's changed for the better now. I'm sorry if I sound rude, but we need something better then a simple apology.

After I write this letter, I will be officially married to Discord and thus becoming the goddess of chaos, as he puts it. I hope everypony will be happy that I am marrying the one I love and will respect my decision.

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle

With a small magical burst, the letter was on it's way to Canterlot Castle. Twilight looked at the sky before giving a small sigh.

"I thought when we got married that everypony would be there to celebrate it, not just Screwball." Twilight spoke sadly.

"I'm sorry you can't get the wedding you want, Mommy." Screwball said.

"But once this thing finally boils over, perhaps we can have another ceremony with everypony. That is, if Celestia can apologize properly." spoke Discord.

"True..." Twilight smiled weakly.

"Mommy! Daddy! Are you two still getting married or is it being held off?" asked Screwball with a tilt of her head.

Twilight gave a small laugh. "Of course the ceremony is still on. I did juts inform Celestia that I would be married after she read that letter and why would her faithful student go back on her word?"

"Yeah! Mommy and Daddy are gonna be married!" Screwball bounced happily. "They're gonna be happy together!"

"We should get into that courthouse before Screwball bounces herself out of existence, right my dear?" asked Discord.

"Of course." Twilight smiled.

A few mere moments later, a makeshift wedding ceremony was being held after a quick hypnotize by Discord on the marriage priest. To make sure the wedding ceremony could be the best as it could be, Discord even gave Twilight a wedding gown, a style which he loved seeing her in: chaos.

Her dress was not a simple white gown but that of different colors. her sleeves were red, the top piece of her dress was green, and the actual dress part was pink. Oh well, at least her veil was white. With her magic, she held a bouquet of Poison Joke she made sure not to touch any part of her or she would be paying for it later.

Twilight thought the dress was a bit odd but accepted it nonetheless as it seemed to make her husband to be happy. She was now walking down the aisle with the Poison Joke bouquet floating high above her head. A rather chaotic rendition of "Here Comes The Bride" provided by the little daughter of chaos played as Twilight walked. She made it up to Discord and the priest, who both seem to give her heartwarming smiles.

"Since I am informed you both want to be married as quickly as possible, I'll simply cut to the chase." the priest spoke, his eyes filled with Discord's hypnotic swirls. "Do you, Discord, take this violet mare to be yours, no matter what, and to become the goddess of chaos with you?"

"Sure, why not." Discord spoke with a half laugh.

"Do you, Twilight, take this dragonequus to be yours and become one with his chaos?"

"I do." Twilight spoke.

"Then I now pronounce this couple Goddess and God of chaos. You may kiss the bride." the priest smiled.

With a swift movement, Twilight's veil was swooped over the top of her head was now kissing her now husband. The kiss only lasted for a few seconds as shortly after they both connected, magical auras began to flow out of them, causing to look at what was happening and stop the kiss short.

The two auras were light purple and a light gray, representing Twilight and Discord's magic respectively. The two auras combined with each other, producing a tinted purple color before it flowed back into each of them, causing them to blink at each other in confusion.

"What just happened there?" Twilight asked.

"I'm not sure." Discord replied.

"Maybe you have some of each other's powers!" Screwball bounced from the pew happily. "Cause it combined with each other, right?"

"Maybe..." Twilight said. "Now that we're married, what do we do now? It's not like we could exactly go on a proper honeymoon."

"Oh, who needs a honeymoon when you're with the spirit of chaos and disharmony? I can wip up anything you or I could possibly want." Discord smiled.

"Except my friends and family." Twilight spoke sadly. "I wish they could have been here today. They probably would all have mixed reactions but they probably be happy seeing me happy."

"Like I said, after this entire thing blows over, we'll have entire ceremony and invite your friends and family. Until then, it's just you, I, Screwball, and the next soon to be child of chaos!" Discord smiled.

"That's true." Twilight smiled weakly.

The newly married couple and Screwball walked out of the courthouse with smiles on their faces, not noticing a pony that had watched them walk out.

"There you are, Discord. You and your newly formed family will disappear before you bring chaos to Equestria yet again." the mysterious pony spoke in a quiet voice.