• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 6,603 Views, 361 Comments

Renew - lorettafox



The sequel to These Dreams and the three are being pursed by a pony from Discord's past who wants him gone forever and will stop at nothing to have it happen, even it means hurting the family if so.

  • ...
27
 361
 6,603

Bookworm & Apple Sweet's Plan

"So, Mr. Discord, are you ready to rock that crowd with the awesome chaotic Apple Sweet?" Apple Sweet asked, an electric looking guitar being held by her magic.

"Of course I am, my dear. This does make my rule slightly more entertaining then the usual norm." Discord replied, revealing himself as a gray stallion alicorn wearing a leather jacket, which was identical to Apple Sweet's.

"I can't believe you can create all of this in ten seconds flat! It's amazing!" Apple Sweet praised. "Let's go rock that crowd, Mr. Discord!"

"With a little chocolate milk rain, of course." Discord laughed as the two ran to the north of where they were standing.

"Apple Sweet! Wake up!" a voice called out into the mare's ears. "Come on, we have some very important planning to do this early morning!"

Apple Sweet opened her eyes to find herself in a Canterlot hotel and to find herself being awaken by Bookworm, the mare she had just met yesterday. "W-What's going on here?"

"Remember, Discord?" Bookworm spoke. "If we don't figure out some way to get rid of him, we'll be in trouble! Now, I've been up doing some research and came across the Elements of Harmony very early on, but dismissed them as their power must obviously be too weak if he's already broken free of the spell twice now, but I do know of a magic very similar to the Elements themselves."

"R-Right Discord. We do have to get rid of him!" said Apple Sweet, her anger about him finally coming into focus. "I think I read about this magic myself, back in the Manehattan library."

"You've must have read my book then, The History of Equestria." said Bookworm. "I'm the only author whose actually published the information."

"That's the one! You wrote that ponies with very similar qualities to the Elements themselves can have a similar magical bond?"

"That is correct, but finding ponies to believe in our cause will not be easy. Everypony still thinks he is a mere statue here in Canterlot though. There may be a way for the two of us to access that power ourselves, but it would be very difficult task."

"Wait, we can access this magic ourselves? How?" Apple Sweet asked in great interest.

"The Elements are supposed to represent the power of friendship, correct?"

"Right."

"And you know what is more powerful then friendship?"

"No. There's a force more powerful then friendship?"

"Yes and that is love. Love is more powerful then ordinary friendship as it is a more upgraded form of friendship. Am I confusing you at all, Apple Sweet?"

"A little bit."

"Allow me to explain a little bit more. All friendships have the element of love in them and thus, it is a very powerful force that can power the Elements of Harmony. But, there is a stronger source of love that can blossom out of a regular friendship. This love is a romantic love, and is very powerful as it can drive a pony to do anything for the one that they love. This has been used once before by two ponies, who used it to destroy all the Medusa creatures that had come to Equestria long before Discord came. Though, the power of love used by Princess Cadence and her husband was used to repel the changelings, it was used differently as it simply pushed them from Equestria and not get rid of them permanently."

"So, we need to harness the power of love is what you're saying?"

"Exactly. We can harness that power by finding two ponies who truly love each other or start preparing."

"Start preparing by finding two ponies? Do you know anypony that are madly in love with each other, Bookworm?"

Bookworm sported an evil smirk on her face. "I know a way that we may be able to try to harness it ourselves."

Apple Sweet blushed in surprise once she understood completely what Bookworm met. "B-But something like that could take time! What if Discord t-takes over during that time?!"

"Oh, dear Apple Sweet," Bookworm said as she flapped her wings softly and placed her front hooves on Apple Sweet's face. "it's the only chance we have. We could look for more ponies of you'd wish to use friendship power instead."

"T-That might be a better idea! T-That love idea could take a long time!" Apple Sweet stuttered out.

"But I believe we should still work on the power of love in our spare time, just in case." Bookworm smiled at she winked at Apple Sweet.

"If y-you think that'll work. We have to get rid of D-Discord immediately!" Apple Sweet said.

"Of course we do. I know you want your revenge on him for harming your family."

"I do indeed! He hurt them and now he must may!" Apple Sweet yelled, finally over her embarrassing stuttering.

------------------------------------------------------

Twilight was asleep in her bed with Discord's body wrapped around her so she was in the middle of a large center that his body didn't occupy. If you looked at the two of them, you would think that he was trying to protect her from anything that may enter the room while they were sleeping. Twilight stretched out her body as she woke up to be greeted by Celestia's sun shining through the bedroom and the body of her sleeping husband. She had slept well last night, even with the threat still very fresh in her mind from yesterday.

She climbed out of bed by flying out and quietly landing in front of the mirror to check her appearance. Her mane was naturally a mess, so she grabbed a brush and began to fix it. "What a night last night. I had forgotten how sweet he can really be." Twilight glanced down at her stomach and smiled as she kept brushing her mane. "You're barely the size of a pea right now, aren't you, my little foal? I can't wait to meet you when you're finally born. You better behave though, I don't want twice the chaos I have to experience now with your father."

Twilight had barely found out less then three days ago that she was pregnant (she was probably a month along since she had experienced sickness weeks before she found out) and now she was actually more then excited to be having a foal, though she was worried that this Apple Sweet would still trying to harm them by the time the foal was born.

"Mommy! Daddy! Time to wake up!" cheered an excited voice as Screwball bursted through the doors. She knew they would be sleeping now, so she didn't have to knock. "Oh, you're already awake, Mommy!"

Twilight looked in Screwball direction to see her and a guard standing in the doorway (along with the other two that were at the sides of the door outside) with his back turned to them. "I am indeed."

"Ok, what is with all the annoying racket?" Discord complained. "Whatever it is, keep doing it! It's so chaotic! I love it!"

"Daddy! You're awake! Luna says it's almost breakfast time! So up and at 'em, Daddy! We can't miss any moment to create some potential chaos!" Screwball said excitedly.

"You're absolutely right!" Discord smiled. "I am feeling that there will be something in Celestia's breakfast today."

"Ohh! What are you gonna do, Daddy?" Screwball asked excitedly.

"Oh, you'll see." Discord said to his daughter before turning his head to Twilight. "And I believe you'll get a riot out of it yourself, my dear."

-------------------------------------------------

"EEKK!" Princess Celestia and Luna both screamed at the same time.

"There's live worms wriggling in our sandwiches!" Celestia screamed.

Everypony was at the table when the princesses' scream frighten them, causing them to look over in shock at what they saw. There were indeed live worms flowing out of the of the sandwiches they were eating that morning. Luckily, they hadn't bit into their breakfast before discovering the horrible trick. Pinkie Pie started to snicker when she too began to scream as worms appeared in her sandwich as well. Soon, the whole dining room was filled with frighten screams as everyone's sandwiches had wriggling worms in them!

As quick as the screams had started, they stopped when loud laughter was heard at the end of the dining hall. It was Discord and Screwball, as they had hexed the sandwiches to frightened everyone, including Twilight herself.

"That was just too good!" Discord managed to speak out as he was laughing at the top of his lungs. "You should have all seen the look on your faces! Priceless!"

"I couldn't have done this any better if I did it myself!" Screwball laughed out.

"Discord!" Twilight yelled. "That wasn't very nice of you!"

"Oh, it was funny though! Celestia said I could still pull pranks and that's exactly what I did!" Discord laughed.

Twilight's jaw dropped slightly. He was right. She had indeed had said that he could pull pranks. Twilight soon found herself snickering at what had just happened. Even though the prank had scared her, it was still a very funny prank if you thought about it from Discord's POV. Soon her snickering turned into full-out laughter on her part and the others soon followed suit.

"Oh man! That was a good one, Discord! Haven't seen that kind of prank in a long time!" Pinkie Pie laughed.

"Well, no one can pull as well expect the spirit of chaos!" Discord said proudly.

"Of course, Daddy!" Screwball said. "Oh, what other pranks are we gonna pull today?"

"How many pranks are you two going to pull today?" Twilight asked in concern.

"Oh, just a few here and there, in fact," Discord said as he snapped his fingers, turning into an identical copy of Twilight, before he spoke again, now sounding exactly like her",how about I go as you for today, hmm?"

"Absolutely not! You cannot be me and pull pranks! I will not have it!"

"Oh come on, why not? It could be fun especially," Discord said as he tapped his feet on the ground, turning Twilight into himself. ",if we were each other!"

"Discord!" she yelled before realizing she sounded like him. "Oh Celestia! I look AND sound like you? Turn us back this instant!"

"Do I have too? It'll be interesting for us to be each other, don't you think?"

"Discord, I demand you change us back! NOW." she threatened him.

"Oh fine, Mini Celestia." he taunted as he changed them back into themselves, their own voices returning as well. "You really need to have more fun, you know that?"

"Speaking of fun." interrupted Cadence. "Why don't Twilly and I have a girl's day out? Ever since you two ran away that night, I've been dead worried about you two and wondering if I would see Twilly back. Besides, dear, having you been meaning to do something anyways?"

"That's right!" Shining Armor remembered. "I have been meaning to get around to it. What do you say, Twilly? Have a girl's day out with Cadence?"

"Well, it would give me some personal time away from the oh great god of chaos." Twilight said. "What did you have in mind, Cadence?"

"I was thinking maybe we could check out the Rose Festival that just came into town."

"Rose Festival?" Rarity asked in excitement. "Oh, I simply adore roses! May I join you two, if that is all right?"

"I see no reason not. As long as it girls only, I have no problem if a few of you want to join us." Cadence said. "While the girls are at play, the colts will stay."

"Well, since you're offering, could I join you? I mean, if it's really alright with you girls and all..." Fluttershy barely made out.

"The more, the merrier!" Cadence said happily.
----------------------------------------------

Apple Sweet and Bookworm had checked out of their hotel room and went to a small nearby diner in order to get a little more breakfast while they talked about their plan on ridding Equestria of Discord.

"So, where should we first look for ponies? Like I've told you, this will not be an easy thing to do." said Bookworm as she took a sip of her tea.

"W-Well, I'm still new to this 'modern' Equestria, so I really don't understand what things are like now." said Apple Sweet.

"Well, are they any things that are the same now as before?"

"Well, I have noticed guitars for sell and those were around before I was put under that infertile sleeping spell!" Apple Sweet said as she banged the table with her hoof. "Sorry."

"It's understandable. There were guitars over a thousand years ago? Interesting. I thought they weren't invented until much later. Did rock n roll exist then too?"

Apple Sweet nodded her head. "It sure did though you could only hear the music by going to concerts. We didn't have those things called I-Clods?"

"I-Clouds." Bookworm corrected. "Very interesting though. I think we can start looking in the Rose festival that just came into Canterlot late last night. They could be some potential ponies for our cause."

"But how will we be able to find those ponies though? Most ponies today don't exactly talk about him, Bookworm."

"You're a unicorn who knows a decent amount of magic, right?" asked Bookworm.

"Well, the most advanced spell I've done is to be able to get a pony to do the things I want for a small time." said Apple Sweet.

"Then I think you should be able to perform this spell I've come across in my advanced studies awhile ago. It allows one to detect how a pony feels only a certain matter."

"I'm afraid you're confusing me now."

"To use the spell, you think about how you feel on the issue, for our use, it's obviously getting rid of Discord. You then keep him in your head and the spell will show you how other ponies around you feel on the issue without them knowing. So, this spell will show you if they believe Discord is still around or not."

"I think I understand you now."

"Good. I'll teach you the spell on our way to the Rose festival. I know the incantation even if I can't perform it myself." Bookworm said as she paid the bill that had just came by from their waiter. "Now, let get going. We have Equestria to save from chaos!"

Hai Kasena! :pinkiehappy: