• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 6,603 Views, 361 Comments

Renew - lorettafox



The sequel to These Dreams and the three are being pursed by a pony from Discord's past who wants him gone forever and will stop at nothing to have it happen, even it means hurting the family if so.

  • ...
27
 361
 6,603

The Rose Festival

"So, this is the Rose Festival. The name fits since we are surrounded by roses." Apple Sweet voiced aloud as she and Bookworm walked by several booths, each with a different type of rose.

"Yes, this festival is held every year in the springtime." said Bookworm. "Do you have that incantation in your mind and ready for use?"

"Yup. I'm ready to use it whenever you want me too."

"Good. We need to keep a low cover and not draw attention to ourselves. What you've told me about your encounters already, you're not the best at secrecy."

"But we have to stop Discord! He could turn Equestria into a storm of chaos at any moment!" Apple Sweet yelled before Bookworm slapped one of her wings over Apple Sweet's mouth.

"And you also don't know how to be subtle either." said Bookworm. "Look, you need to keep quiet. You've already been seen by both princesses and the royal guard. If you cause a big commotion, you could be sent to the dungeons! Now, keep your thoughts to yourself. Besides, getting rid of Discord is not an easy task."

"But," Apple Sweet began as she finally was able to move Bookworm's wing off her mouth using her magic. "I thought we were gonna get followers to help us or try to use the power of love?"

"We will be getting followers to help us and we will attempt the best we can with the power of love, but you must remember how powerful Discord is. He could easily change our followers against us and then we'd be powerless. I wish there was something that was more sure that would get rid of him."

"Wait, what about that purple mare and pink mare?"

"Wait, what purple mare and pink mare again?"

"They're always with him whenever I saw him in Manehattan and when I confronted him at the theater. Princess Celestia said that they were his wife and daughter."

"Oh, goodness! He's actually gone that far and tricked two innocent ponies to actually be in a family with him? How far will he go to corrupt ponies? Well, now we need a completely new plan!" Bookworm yelled in frustration, which caused several ponies around them to give her a strange look. "Ha ha ha." she laughed awkwardly. "Follow me to the corner over there and let's talk."

Bookworm lead Apple Sweet to a vacant corner behind a crystal rose booth. Apple Sweet simply gave Bookworm a confused look. "Why do we need a new plan? I was thinking we'd disregard those two ponies and destroy Discord. Once he was gone, his magic on them and the princesses would simply disappear."

"Unfortunately, that's where you're wrong. Magic doesn't work like that."

"What would you know how magic works exactly? You're a pegasus, not a unicorn."

"That may be true but I'm also not called Bookworm for nothing. I have read plenty of books on magic to know how it works. How do you think I knew that incantation I taught you?"

"I know, I know. If we need a new plan, what are we gonna do now?"

"Well, I originally thought he had just the royal family and guards hypnotized, in which the original plan would have him destroyed and the magic would disappear and..."

"Wait...now you're contracting what you just said a second ago."

"Let me finish!" Bookworm yelled before letting out a calm breath. "As I was trying to say, but since he's actually used a powerful love spell on these mares, this changes our plan completely. Hypnotizing ponies is one thing, but casting a love spell is an entirely area of magic I'm not as familiar with. I know that it's very powerful and could have repealed Discord out of Equestria if you and I had used it. But he has two mares under his magic that believe they genuinely love him, in which that magic is more powerful then any I have read about."

"Then, what do we do then?" Apple Sweet said as she cocked her head to one side in confusion.

"I have to think but I have to think quickly before Discord finally decides to take over." Bookworm spoke in worry.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, these roses are just simply lovely!" Rarity said in happiness. "I've never seen crystal roses before! They are such a rarity!"

"They are lovely." Twilight smiled as two guard ponies stood at each of her sides. "It's a shame that Rainbow and Applejack didn't want to come with us. They would have loved to see the rainbow roses we saw in that booth a few back."

"They just don't have regal taste like you, I, or Fluttershy have." Rarity smiled as she put a hoof around Fluttershy's neck. "Right, my dear."

"Right, regalness." Fluttershy smiled weakly.

"Come along now! I want to see what other kinds of roses are at this festival. There's so many here that I've never seen here before!" Rarity smiled.

The three mares and the guards walked around and glanced at all the different assortments of roses that were lying around. They were all unique in their own ways and some were quite odd, like a bouquet of pink roses splattered with polka dots on them. Discord would have sure loved those roses. They were just so...chaotic.

They kept on walking until some blue roses at a booth immediately caught Twilight's attention. They looked similar to Poison Joke, except for the fact that the flowers were roses. Twilight walked up to the booth where the pony who was in charge on it gave her a smile.

"I've seen you caught sight of my Joke Rose!" the pony smiled. "Have you ever heard of the Poison Joke plant?"

"Heard of it, I've been the victim of it unfortunately." Twilight laughed. "Is this a cross between a rose and a Poison Joke? If so, I've never seen anything like this before."

"It is indeed. That's why I have the glass shields over them. I don't want any accidents happening at the festival." the pony laughed. "Would you be interested in purchasing some? They're put in a protective covering to ensure that you don't end up the victim of the plant. It's perfect if you want some playful revenge against anyone."

Twilight flashed a playful smirk as she thought about Discord. He didn't know about about this little discovery and she did deserve to have a little revenge against him, after all the mean pranks that he pulled against her. "I would love some. They would be perfect for my husband."

The pony used her magic to remove some roses from the case and carefully put them in the protective covering, careful that the flowers didn't actually touch herself. The pony levitated the roses to Twilight who took it with her own magic and carefully placed them into her saddle bags.

"Having a little martial problem?" the pony asked. "But it's none of my business. That'll be ten bits, if you please."

Twilight handed over the bits and walked away from the booth over to Cadence, who had been over at another booth. "Cadence, what do you think of these-oh!" Twilight said in surprise when she felt something in her stomach kick.

"Are you ok, Twilight?" Cadence asked in worry. "Something wrong?"

"It's nothing, I just felt the baby kick. It really hasn't done that much, so it's quite a surprise." Twilight said when she felt another light kick. "I guess this little bundle of chaos in finally deciding to make their presence known." Twilight chuckled slightly.

"Did I hear that the baby is kicking?" Rarity said in excitement. "Oh, this is just exciting! The little thing has just been so quiet so if you weren't pregnant at all."

"No, they are definitely in there." Twilight said as she felt yet another kick, this time one that Rarity, Cadence, and Fluttershy could see. "Sure is feisty."

"I'm sure they'll be sweet once their born." Fluttershy smiled. "I'll be happy to help out if you ever need it."

"Believe me, I'll probably need all the help I can get." Twilight laughed when she turned her head to see a slight which stopped her laughter immediately. "Oh no, she's here."

"Whose here, dear? Is it that awful pony you told us about?" Rarity asked in concern.

"It is and it seems she's managed to recruit somebody." Twilight said worried. "I think we'd better leave before she sees us."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you have a plan yet, Bookworm?" asked Apple Sweet as she looked at Bookworm, who had been sitting on the ground with her wing tapping her temple for the last several minutes.

"Perhaps we could...! No, that is completely idiotic." Bookworm mumbled aloud. "Maybe we could...no, we don't have the time for a plan like that. Arrgh!" Bookworm yelled out in frustration. "I don't know what to do! I need to perform proper research so I can form a new plan!"

"Perhaps we should...oh Celestia! It's the purple follower pony of his!" Apple Sweet said in slight anger.

"What purple pony?" asked Bookworm in confusion as she looked around the area.

"Over there with that pink alicorn, white unicorn, and yellow pegasus! Can't you see her?" asked Apple Sweet as she pointed a hoof in Twilight's direction. "She's in dead plain sight."

"I see a white pegasus but I don't see that purple alicorn you told me about."

Apple Sweet hit her forehead in annoyance. She had forgotten about the spell that Discord had casted on them, which changed the way ponies saw the family. "Go with me on this that the white pegasus you see is in fact that purple alicorn. Discord used a spell on them so they could blend in and go undetected. What should we do about her since he's not with her? She's defenseless."

"Except for the royal guards that are most likely protecting her from YOU." Bookworm said when she realized something. "But she hasn't seen me yet. Perhaps I can use my reasoning to weaken his magic. Logic can be a powerful spell breaker but not in this case, but it can weaken the effects of the love spell. It's not a plan, but it's something to help further our goal to get rid of Discord."

"I should go with you." Apple Sweet said as Bookworm began to walk towards the group. Apple Sweet was met with a quick wing snapping up in front of her.

"No. Stay here. If you go, the guards will immediately take her away and I can't at least attempt to loosen the spell on her. Just stay back." Bookworm warned before she retracted her wing back to her being and began to walk back to the group.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"We really should get out of here before she sees us." twilight said again with slight panic. "I don't know what she's capable of doing. I don't want what happened at the theater to happen again." Twilight said as she slowly began to back away, the guard ponies even closer to her then before.

"Excuse me, miss! Wait, I want to talk to you!" Bookworm yelled as she calmly walked towards them. "I think I know you!"

Twilight looked at Bookworm. She wasn't Apple Sweet and she didn't see the pony who she had been talking to too well, so it might be again to talk to her. "Stay close." Twilight warned the guards before turning her attention to Bookworm. "Can I help you, miss?"

"Yes you can, I think I've seen you before! Are you in any Hoofway shows here?" asked Bookworm.

"I'm sorry but you have me confused for somepony else." Twilight said with a fake smile. "If you'll excuse me, I must be leaving."

"Wait, I have one more thing I want to tell you!" said Bookworm. "When was the last time you saw your parents?"

Twilight gave Bookworm a weird look. Why in Equestria would this mare she had never met before ask her such a weird question? Twilight decided to answer her question hoping that this mare would just go away. "Just today. They're fine."

"You can feel their love for you, right?"

"Of course I can feel the love of them."

"And your friends too? You can feel their love too? Their friendship is more powerful then anything, especially magic!"

"I can feel their love too but why are you asking me such weird questions? I really need to get back to my husband and daughter, they're waiting for me." Twilight said as she turned her back to Bookworm, who quickly had a look of distress. Her logic wasn't doing anything at all. The direct approach was her only approach.

"Your husband isn't really your husband!" Bookworm shouted aloud, causing Twilight to turn in alarm, along with other ponies in the vicinity. "You're under a powerful love spell, you must believe me!"

"L-Love spell?" Twilight questioned.

"The god of chaos has placed you under a powerful spell that is making you believe you love him! You can't possibly be in love with such a monster!" Bookworm cried.

"You are delusional! Discord is trapped in stone for all eternity! My husband's name is Proper and he most certainly is not Discord!" Twilight yelled.

"You have to listen to her! She's telling the truth!" Apple Sweet yelled as she came running up to Bookworm. "I can see past the spell he's casted on everypony else and you've been tricked! He's not what you think he is! He's really an evil monster!"

"How dare you!" Rarity yelled. "Making such ludicrous accusations against my friend's husband! You both must be suffering heat stroke because that is the most silly thing I have ever heard and we don't even know you!"

"You've all been tricked! I'll do whatever it takes to free you all from Discord's spell! I will!" Apple Sweet vowed aloud as she began to inch forward to Twilight.

"We need to leave the area immediately!" the guard pony on Twilight's right yelled. "It's too much of a risk for Twilight to be in the area!"

"Ladies, get close now! We are leaving the vicinity!" the guard on the left yelled. Cadence, Rarity, and Fluttershy immediately rushed over as the two guards used their magic to teleport them out of the festival and back to inside Canterlot Castle. "We need to put out an IN on those two ponies so that they'll be tracked in case something of violence arises."

"Right. I'm on it!" the right guard pony said as he ran up the stairs.

"Come with me, Twilight Sparkle. You must be taken back to your bedroom for now. It's for your general safety." said the remaining guard pony. "For the rest of you, I recommend staying in the castle until this has been sorted with."

The three mares nodded as they walked away. Twilight walked in front of the guard pony as he walked directly behind her. "What did Discord do that Apple Sweet over a thousand years anyways?" Twilight muttered to herself as she felt the foal inside her give another tiny kick.

Here's the next chapter you've been waiting for! Since it's almost 6am as I post this and I haven't gone to bed yet, good night everypony!