• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 6,578 Views, 361 Comments

Renew - lorettafox



The sequel to These Dreams and the three are being pursed by a pony from Discord's past who wants him gone forever and will stop at nothing to have it happen, even it means hurting the family if so.

  • ...
27
 361
 6,578

Finally Back in Canterlot

It was a quarter towards midnight as the three ponies flew over Trottingham. At around eleven, Discord started to find the carpet ride rather boring and suggested they fly using their own means. So there they were, in the open air. They were flying rather slowly to gaze at the sights below (mostly for Twilight) but they did know that it was getting closer and closer to midnight.

"How are we going to get to Canterlot if we're flying so slowly?" Screwball asked as her hat's spinner spun rapidly.

"Simple. Your daddy can transport us the rest of the way there." Twilight smiled.

"Me? Oh, no why do I have to do it? Don't I do everything around here?" Discord asked in mock anger.

"Absolutely not! I transported us to Manehattan in the first place, you can take us back to Canterlot!" Twilight replied.

"Very well, my naggy wife." he joked. "Shall we go there now?"

"It is getting very close to midnight." Twilight said as she eyed a nearby clock tower. "It's better to be a tad early then just up late. I like to be punctual."

"I know." Discord replied in a bored tone. "Your bedroom in Canterlot, my dear?" Twilight answered with a simple nod of her head. "Excellent!"

In a quick movement, Discord outstretched (quite literally) both of his arms and grabbed both Twilight and Screwball, the later who smiled excitedly. With a simple snap of his fingers, the three disappeared from over Trottingham and appeared in a dark room, which only was lit by the moon shining through the window.

Twilight casted a small spell which allowed her horn to simply glow and act like a personal flashlight. "Well, we are definitely back in Canterlot. I kinda of missed my bedroom here." Twilight smiled when she let out a yawn. "I thought my room would have my friends and family waiting for me. Guess they're gonna wait until morning. We might as well try to sleep after all that's happened today."

"Pregnancy, me, and marriage. Then returning back to Canterlot. That is a lot!" Screwball said rather loudly.

"Keep it down, Screwball! We don't want to draw too much unnecessary attention to our room until I can finally talk to Princess Celestia."

"Sorry, Mommy. I'm just excited, is all!" said Screwball. "Things are going to be interesting in the upcoming week, I can just feel it."

"That's great but all I want to feel is sleep." Twilight said as she tried to climb into bed when her hoof bumped into something warm already in the bed. "What the? What's in my bed?"

Twilight made her horn glow brighter. The light revealed that Princess Cadence was in her bed, fast asleep. She must have been wanting to see Twilight, but must have fallen asleep. "Cadence?" she said as she nudged the sleeping Cadence awake.

"T-Twilight?" Cadence spoke sleepily. "I-Is that you?"

"It's me, Cadence. What are you doing in my bed?" Twilight asked.

The first thing Cadence did was almost hop out of the bed and give Twilight a big hug. "You don't know I've much I've been missing you, Twilight! I wanted to wait here for you, but I fell asleep. But thank goodness you're back! Celestia read us the letter you sent her that you were returning." Cadence's own horn glowed as well as she realized she couldn't see that well, even with Twilight's horn glowing. With her light, Cadence caught sight of Discord and Screwball. "So, this is the Spirit of chaos and Disharmony, is it?" Cadence asked as she looked upwards.

"That's so formal and boring, call me Discord." he smiled.

"It's good to finally meet you in the flesh, Discord. I must ask, during those outings to the theater I took with Twilight, were you the one who kept dropping Poison Joke on that Passion Heart?" Cadence asked.

"I do take credit where credit is due." Discord smiled proudly.

"I thought it was you once I found out about the two of you from Tia." Cadence smiled when she took sight of Screwball. "And this is, Screwball, correct?"

"The eldest daughter of chaos!" Screwball said happily.

"Oh, you have siblings?" Cadence asked.

"I will have siblings once they're born from Mommy over there." Screwball pointed happily over at Twilight, who smiled out of embarrassment as she didn't mention her pregnancy in her letters yet.

"Are you pointing at Twilight?"

"Mhm! Mommy gonna have a foal in elven months!" Screwball said happily.

Cadence turned towards Twilight with the emotion of confusion covering her entire face. "You're pregnant, Twilight? When did this happen?" she asked with shock clear in her voice.

"Well, I just found out this morning." Twilight said in utter embarrassment. "I have to tell everypony about this anyways, so I might as well tell you now."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Cadence, is Twilight and Discord there yet?" Princess Celestia asked from the other side.

"They're here with Screwball." Cadence responded.

With a quick motion, the door swung open as Twilight's friends and family all rushed in to see the sight of Twilight again.

"My precious daughter!" Mrs. Sparkle cried out as she hugged her daughter. "I thought I'd never see you again!"

"We've been so worried about you, Twilight!" Mr. Sparkle said in relief. "I'm so glad you're safe."

"I'm fine, Mom and Dad." Twilight assured them before getting glomped by Pinkie Pie.

"Oh, Twilight! I thought you'd never come back! I've been missing you so much I've eaten so many cookies and I still eat more cookies!" Pinkie informed her. "You have no idea how much I missed you!"

Pinkie let go of her grip on Twilight and immediately rushed over to Discord and did the same thing to him, except she had managed to jump in the air and grab his chest. "Oh, Discord! I've missed you as well! Your cotton candy clouds and chocolate milk rain are nothing to what Ponyville serves! I ate so many cookies because of you too!"

Discord looked down at the Element of Laughter clinging to him tightly. "I'm back and better then ever, my dear Pinkie Pie!"

With the presence of Discord's voice filling the room, everypony turned and glanced up at him. The first pony to speak was Shining Armor.

"So this is the famous Discord. I've been wondering when I could finally see you in person. I've been wanting to meet the stallion that my sister has gone and married." Shining spoke.

"Married?" Rarity spoke in shock. "You're...both...married?" she almost felt like she was going to faint.

"I do apologize my Element bearers, but I forgot to mention it but with the news that she was coming back, I had to do preparations and didn't have time to tell you." Celestia apologized.

"We know how busy ya are, Princess." Applejack stated. "But, Twi, y'all went and got married? Now there's a surprise. How long how ya been married for now?"

"About over twelve hours or so." Twilight smiled.

"Wait, you just married today, dear? Talk about a rather eventful day." Rarity spoke, still feeling a little faint.

"You must be so exhausted." Fluttershy spoke, barely audible.

"I am." Twilight yawned.

"It is good to see you again, Twilight and Discord. And to Discord's daughter, it's nice to meet you." Luna spoke.

"Nice to meet you too, Princess Luna." Screwball said as she faked formality.

"You three all must be very tried. I'm sure everypony has a million questions for you both, but I'm sure you'd rather rest." Celestia said.

"We are, Princess." Twilight replied as she let out a yawn. "Also, Princess, I never realized how my absence made you so depressed."

"You only acted on instinct, my student. you were scared that I might do something to you and Discord. It was only natural you did what you did. We can discuss all that's happened in the morning. It is getting rather late and everypony must sleep." Celestia said with a small smile. "Come, everypony. I have spare rooms that you may all spend the night in."

"Thank you so much, Princess." Fluttershy said meekly.

"It isn't a problem at all." Celestia said, sounding rather happy.

"And don't you worry, Twilight." Shining Armor spoke as he began leaving the room with Cadence. "I have some of my best guards outside the door to protect the three of you, just in case. Good night then."

"Good night, Shining." Twilight spoke back as he closed the door to allow the newly formed family to finally get their rest together as it was their first night as a family, after all.