• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 6,601 Views, 361 Comments

Renew - lorettafox



The sequel to These Dreams and the three are being pursed by a pony from Discord's past who wants him gone forever and will stop at nothing to have it happen, even it means hurting the family if so.

  • ...
27
 361
 6,601

Love Conquers and Reveals

It had been a long three days for everypony in the castle, especially for Twilight and Screwball. The antidote had been a complete success on Bookworm and Apple Sweet, the later constantly rocking out on a guitar after remembering that she had used to be in a rock band with Discord. This had annoyed Bookworm quite excessively, as she was trying to re-read her History of Equestria book and trying to repair all of the constant mistakes that were in it, especially before the princesses' rule. She was also overlooking her Chaotic Reign book as well, making sure to give it a major overhaul when Discord came back so she could write about the truth from his reign.

Apple Sweet and Bookworm were still in the bedroom that Celestia had placed them in three days ago, their memories and free will completely in tact again. Bookworm was overlooking some notes of hers when Apple Sweet played a really loud note, startling Bookworm.

“Apple Sweet, will you calm the music? I'm trying to revise my own book here! It's completely full of flaws!” Bookworm hissed at Apple Sweet.

“But why, Wormie?” Apple Sweet asked, using the nickname that she had thought of when her memories began to become more clearer and clearer. “I've been out of practice for a thousand years and three days isn't enough time to regain of that wasted time that I could have used to rock out!”

“I know but I need to focus!” Bookworm yelled.

“And I need to rock out!” said Apple Sweet as she stuck out her tongue at Bookworm. “Besides, Wormie, I gotta reestablish my rocker image and you'll be my manager when I do.”

“Who says that I'm going to be your manager?” asked Bookworm. “And when did I come into agreement about this anyways?”

“I do and I said so. Besides, you're better at all of the talking and stuff. I'm still not used to this whole modern thing...” explained Apple Sweet. “Besides, you're Wormie! Smartest pegasus in all of Equestria.” she said as she quickly went over and hugged Bookworm, who blushed slightly at the action.

A knock on the bedroom door quickly broke the hug fest apart. The door opened a second later to reveal Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Celestia gave them a small smile. “It is time to repair the damage that has been caused. Come along now.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in her bedroom, Twilight was still asleep when a small kick from inside of her woke her up. Twilight opened her eyes sleepily to see that Screwball was still sleeping right next to her, a happy smile on her face because she knew what day it was today. Twilight glanced down at her stomach to see a small kick coming from it.

“Good morning there, you.” she cooed. “Your Daddy supposed to come back today. I do hope that Apple Sweet will have enough power too.”

A loud yawn was heard in the bedroom, signaling that Screwball had just waken up. “Don't worry, Mommy. Everything is gonna be ok. If they need more magic, you can always do something about it.” she spoke as she twirled the topper of her hat and flew herself out of bed. “Besides that, Daddy is coming home today! I've been really missing him!”

“I know how you feel, Screwball. I thought I would never see him again...but luckily, I was wrong.” Twilight smiled hopefully.

There was a knock on the door and it opened up to reveal Princess Cadence. She gave the two mares a smile before speaking. “It is time.” she simply stated but the two already knew what it meant. They both immediately followed Cadence out of the bedroom and to the throne room where it would be all taking place.

When they arrived in the throne room, Celestia was already there, standing over both Bookworm and Apple Sweet, who currently wore the Alicorn Amulet around her neck. Off to the stand, in chains and surrounded by guards, was Star Mage, still wearing the magic blocker on his horn. Twilight looked at him in horror.

“What is he doing here?” Twilight asked an she glared at him.

“It was Apple Sweet's idea that he be here to witness it.” informed Celestia. “To show how powerful real love can be and to make him see that his plan didn't work.” she smiled.

After that said, the Element bearers came running into the room for the revival. They would have helped fought three nights ago, but they had all gotten there too late to stop what had been done. Instead, they kept Twilight as upbeat as they could (especially Pinkie Pie) until today, the day of Discord's revival.

“I'm so sorry for all the pain that you have been through, Twilight.” said Fluttershy. “But now everything is going to be better, you'll see.”

“Yeah! I can't have a depressed flying buddy now, can I?” joked Rainbow Dash.

“Thanks, Fluttershy and I guess you can't, Rainbow.” laughed Twilight. “Let's begin this revival.”

“Of course. Miss Apple Sweet, you must focus your energy into reversing the spell that you accomplished three nights ago, bringing back Discord to all of us.” explained Celestia. “You are the only one who can bring him back.”

“Right.” Apple Sweet spoke as she began focusing her magic as the Alicorn Amulet immediately intensified it. An aura soon surrounded Apple Sweet's horn as it made a trash can appear as well as an arrow. The arrow went over to the trash can and popped off the lid and began to search in it. This lasted a bit until the arrow came up, holding nothing. “W-What? I don't understand how this could not be working?”

“You see? My plan will work and will always work!” Star Mage laughed from the side of the throne room.

“Silence!” Celestia yelled at him when she turned her glance to Twilight. “Twilight, you said that you were got married in Manehattan with Discord, correct?”

“Well, yes, but I don't see why you're asking me this right now.” asked Twilight in confusion.

“I remember once witnessing a wedding ceremony between two unicorns and as part of the ceremony, they mixed their two magical auras together so that truly become one. Did not you and Discord do that?” asked Celestia.

“Yes, but how did you know about it?” asked Twilight in amazement.

“I have my ways.” Celestia simply stated. “But because both of your magical aura were mixed together, you still have apart of his magic, which might be able to call him out of the alternate plane of existence and bring him back here. Combined with Apple Sweet's magic, it may work.”

“I'll try.” said Twilight as she began focusing her horn. A tinted purple aura came off of her horn and began to look like steam as some of its magic formed into small hearts. The hearts varied in size but it was still useful nonetheless. Apple Sweet began to refocus her magic as well, the arrow and trash can still floating in the air.

The hearts that Twilight had produced sunk their way into the open trash can, giving off small wisps of mist as they went in. Twilight kept focusing her magic when she suddenly felt something. “I think I have him, but he's too in there to get out.” Twilight said as she flew up as her horn's magic grew stronger, trying to pull Discord from the magic trash can.

Apple Sweet tried making her own magic stronger as well, trying to remove Discord from the trash can. Twilight was using all of her strength in her magic, when suddenly, magic erupted from her horn without warning as her eyes began to glow. The sudden eruption of magic soon formed what appeared to be a magical version of Discord's bird claw as it quickly sunk itself into the trash can.

The magical hand moved back and forth in the trash can until it pulled upwards again, this time holding onto what looked like a magical hoof. Twilight reeled her head backwards and flew back as well to pull Discord out of the trash can.

After pulling as much as she could, Discord suddenly appeared from out of the trash can, his lion paw glowing the same tinted purple that Twilight's horn had been glowing. He landed quickly onto the ground after being pulled out, landing with a thud. Apple Sweet quickly made the arrow and trash can were effectively gone before pulling off the Amulet and giving it immediately to Princess Celestia. She was the first one to walk up to Discord once his magic had ceased.

“D-Discord? I-It's me, y-your old b-bandmate, A-Apple Sweet?” she stated nervously. “We u-used to r-rock together?”

“Oh, it seems you got that annoying spell taken off of you. It's about time you did.” Discord laughed as he rolled himself off of the ground and stood up. “You really need to work where you magically cram me next time though. Those tight spaces can give you such a pain in the neck!”

“Well, I won't be doing that again.” Apple Sweet laughed. “I shall be totally rocking instead!”

“Daddy! Daddy!” Screwball immediately shouted, flying over to Discord, hugging him as tight as she possibly could. “You were gone for three whole days! I thought I would never get to see you again!”

“When has anypony here been able to stop me?” Discord mocked. “Oh wait, that would be none here!”

“I've still missed you, Daddy.” she spoke as she hugged him tighter.

“Yes, I guess I missed you as well.” Discord said in fake disgust when he actually did mean what he said.

“Discord?” asked Twilight simply, causing Screwball to immediately stop hugging her father to give her mother some room. Twilight slowly walked up to Discord with a tilt of her head. “Discord, that is actually you, right?”

“Who else would I be, the queen of Equestria?” he joked.

“Discord, it really is you!” twilight shouted excitedly as she flew directly at him, sending him tumbling down to the ground as she had knocked into him so hard. She nuzzled her face into his fur as she wrapped her hooves around him. “I thought I had lost you again! I couldn't bare to raise this foal on my own!”

“I guess you don't have to then.” Discord said as he happily hugged her back, despite being on his back. “I missed you too, my dear.”

“Oh that is just so touching!” Pinkie cried out, suddenly producing huge fountains of tears before turning happy. “Hey, we should have a party!”

“And not just any party.” spoke Celestia. “A wedding reception and coronation combination party.”

“Coronation?” asked Rarity. “Is somepony becoming a princess?”

“Why yes, they are. Twilight Sparkle, I ask for you to stop hugging your husband and to rise before me. I have a matter to speak with you of great importance.” said Celestia.

“You best see what she wants now.” joked Discord as he moved his arms off of Twilight, allowing her to fly up and stand before Celestia.

“What is it, Princess Celestia?” asked Twilight.

“After all that has happened within the last few months, I believe you are ready to fulfill your destiny by becoming what you truly are: a princess.” smiled Celestia. “You have shown all the qualities that a princess needs and have done more then anypony has for their country.”

“A-A princess? Do think I would be able to handle this responsibility? If I'm a princess, would I still be able to be your student?” asked Twilight.

“I believe you will be more then capable. You will still be my student, just not in as you were before. Twilight, we are all your students now. You can help the rest of us find out what we're supposed to find out.” Celestia said as she bowed and soon everypony else in the room followed suit.

“Princess Celestia...thank you for this blessing of yours. I will make sure to not let you down.” smiled Twilight at her mentor.

“I know you won't. Discord has already given you the final form that a princess needs to be. I'm not surprised that he did in the first place.”

“Wait, all princesses are alicorns? Would I have even be able to became a princess without Discord's magic?”

“I believe you would have but with him, he has helped you show the qualities that a princess needs. And after that has happened within the last week, you deserve this honor. Speaking of him, I believe I still owe you a proper wedding, with all of your friends and family. After all, we had to postpone it.”

“Really, Princess Celestia?” asked Twilight with hopeful eyes.

“Yes. You deserve it after all that has happened and with this re-marriage, you both will become part of the royal family here in Canterlot but you will still continue to live in Ponyville, among all of your friends and your new family.” said Celestia.

“It seems I do get to rule again in some way.” Discord laughed.

“If you're lucky, I may give you an acre of land to rule over.” smiled Celestia at Discord.

Order with chaos. It will always exist, no matter what.