• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 979 Views, 1 Comments

Summer Collab - Green Gate's Date - Great_Summer_Collab



First story of The Great Summer Collab, written by viper9172

  • ...
 1
 979

Green Gate's Date

“Stop complaining Trixie!” Green Gate called upstairs. Green Gate and Trixie had been together for a couple months now. Green Gate was Ponyville’s Locksmith, a bright green-maned unicorn with a sky blue coat with a lock and key on his flank. His cutie mark was unseen most of the time because of his plain grey cloak.

“The great and powerful Trixie does not go to ‘Laser Tag’!” Trixie whined.

“You’ll like it! You like to use lots of lasers in your magic shows! The only difference is that you will be aiming them at other players!”

“You sure it will be fun?”

“It always is.” Green Gate walked upstairs and saw Trixie sitting on the bed.

“Let’s go. The great and powerful Trixie has ponies to blast!”

“That’s the spirit! You need to try and remember to not speak in third person though.” Green Gate pulled Trixie into a hug.

“The great - I will try. Everything is so much better since we got together. Ponies don’t hate me anymore, they go to my shows, and I have friends! I can’t ever thank you enough.”

“It’s my pleasure, really. When I saw you sitting alone in that dirty carriage I just had to try and cheer you up. One thing lead to another and now you live with me. Come on, let’s head out.” Green Gate took Trixie’s hoof and led her outside.

---

“How do I put this Celestia forsaken thing on!” Trixie was fumbling around with the vest.

“Here let me help you.” Green Gate magic’d the vest straps into the correct positions. “There you go. Should I loosen it, or tighten it?”

“Could you tighten it a little around the flank?” Trixie quietly asked. Green complied and tightened the strap. “Thank you.”

“You have such a cute tiny flank.” Green whispers to Trixie.

“Shush!” Trixie whispers back, turning red in the face.

“Alright ponies! Here are the rules!” A voice over the intercom started. “Rule one: Do not aim for the eyes! Rule two: You can only use magic to hold the gun within a foot of you, the gun won’t work if it is outside of a foot from the user. Rule three: You cannot fly, the gun will not work if it is more than five feet in the air, since most ponies are little over three feet high, this shouldn’t be a problem! Rule four: You cannot use any other spells other than holding the gun. Pegasi and Earth Ponies will be given temporary magic that has been sap’d from unicorns that volunteer. Rule five: No physical contact such as bucking or punching. Rule six: have fun!” The intercom shut down. “Oh wait!” It started up again, “Could we get two or three unicorn volunteers?”

“I volunteer!” Green shouted.

“As do I!” Trixie repeated. They were the only unicorns there that volunteered.

“Please step to the door to your right.” The intercom shut off and a door slid open. Green and Trixie walked into the room and there were a row of six horn-grips. To use a horn-grip you slide your horn into the grip and channel magic into the grip. The magic is then zap’d into the Pegasi and Earth ponies in the waiting room, giving them temporary magical ability, which can only be used as a low-level levitation spell.

“You know how to use these, right Trixie?” Green asked.

“Not really, care to explain?” Trixie said.

“Just put your horn it the slot and channel some low level magic into it.” Green put his horn in the slot and gave Trixie an example.

“Alright...like this?” Trixie put her horn in the slot and did what was told.

“Exactly. Keep going until the light dings.” Green and Trixie keep pumping their magic into the grip and after a minute or two, a light dings and they pull their horns out.

“I feel a little light headed.” Trixie rubs her temples.

“That’ll stop before the game begins. I’ve done this a couple times before, so it doesn’t bother me as much.” Green pushes open the door and they walk back into the waiting room. Green spots a familiar stetson hat and rainbow mane among the small crowd.

“AJ? Rainbow?” Green starts as him and Trixie walk up to the two.

“Oh, Green! I didn’t know you played Laser Tag!” Rainbow says, picking up her gun with the temporary magic, AJ doing the same.

“Like every other week, I was just taking Trixie here to start the summer up. What brings you two here?” Green asks

“Well, Rainbow an I have been havin’ a whole heap a fun with all these challenges she comes up with, this is the newest one.” AJ explains. Rainbow nods in agreement.

“Um, excuse me, how do I, um, use the gun thing?” A soft voice chimes.

“It’s easy! Just imagine holding the gun and pull the trigger and it’ll happen!” An ecstatic voice responds

“Pinkie?” Green sighs, he didn’t like Pinkie that much.

“Oh! Green Gate! How are you? Don’t you just LOVE Laser Tag?! It’s so much fun!” Pinkie cheers while using her magic to twirl the gun around.

“I never thought I’d see the day Fluttershy comes to one of these things.” Green admits.

“Pinkie told me it would be fun, and I like fun things. I hope it doesn’t get too loud though.” Fluttershy quietly says, she finally manages to pick the gun up.

“It doesn’t get that loud. And it is pretty fun. You ready to kick some plot, Trixie?” Green turns to Trixie and sees a nervous look plastered on her face. “You alright?”

“I’m fine, just a little nervous.” Trixie smiles. Green leans in and gives her a kiss.

“Are you ponies ready? Good! Now, the way the guns work is, you can use the gun normally, or you can put it in a template, a sniper, shotgun, SMG, or heavy weapon. Once you get transported to the arena you can pick your template. Red team to the left and blue team to the right.” The intercom stopped for a minute while the teams split. Once the teams matched together the roster lit up with the names

RED TEAM
GREEN GATE
TRIXIE
RAINBOW DASH
FLUTTERSHY
CARROT TOP
LYRA








“Red Team vs Blue Team! To your stations!” The intercom shut off again and a light red aura surrounded the red team and a light blue surrounded the blue team as they were transported to the arena.

---

The arena was a tad smaller than Ponyville, but you weren’t able to go into a lot of buildings.

“I call the m16a4 template!” Green snapped his gun into the template and slung it to his back.

“I guess I’ll get the...Barrett?” Trixie snaps her gun into her sniper template. Rainbow Dash picks the AA12 template, Fluttershy picks the TMP, Carrot Top gets the 9a91, and Lyra grabs the Scar-L.

“Three! Two! One!” The buzzer sounds and Red Team charges out the door, Trixie with Green, Lyra with Carrot Top, and Fluttershy with Rainbow Dash.

“Buck!” Rainbow shouts as a Laser from AJ hits her square in the side. Trixie retaliated by shooting AJ

RED TEAM












“Bon bin! Lookout!” Caboose shouts. Bon Bon turns and Caboose somehow manages to shoot her and Pokey before shooting himself.

“Thank Celestia Caboose is on blue team!” Green calls as he lines up a shot on Pinkie.

“Peek-a-boo!” Pinkie whispers behind Green, causing him to jump.

“HOLY HAYSEED HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!?!” Green screams.

“Not important!” Pinkie shoots Green in the side, continuing to take out Lyra, Carrot Top, and Fluttershy. “Yay! I win! That was fun! I should host a victory party-”

*BZZT*

“What?!!” Pinkie’s expression turned from one of cheerfulness to confusion.

“No one shoots my colt!” Trixie calls from a distance.








“You were right, Green! This is fun!” Trixie does a little victory dance in place. Everyone is soon transported back to the waiting room.

---

“Caboose! What the hay! You have the intelligence of a baby!” Bon Bon started.

“I don’t like babies.” Caboose says quietly.

---

“Green! That was so much fun!” Trixie threw her fore-hooves around Green’s neck and drew him into a hug.

“I knew you’d like it. Wanna head home?” Green yawns.

“Sure, I’m a little tired myself.” Trixie takes Green by the hoof and they start towards Green’s house.

---

“Thank you for taking me out tonight, Green.” Trixie says she shuts the door.

“No problem. I had a feeling you would like it. Shall we go to bed?”

“Alright.” The head upstairs and crawl into bed. Opting to fall asleep in each others hooves.

“Hey Trixie?” Green starts

“Yes Green?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” Trixie proceeded to fall into the best sleep she’s had in years.

Comments ( 1 )

First.
Thanks to Summer Collab to uploading this and I sincerely hope the people who read this will write a chapter for the Collab and send it to him.

Login or register to comment