• Published 24th Sep 2016
  • 4,962 Views, 166 Comments

Not Just A Bug - Bringiton6611



Changelings are known to be heartless and suck the love from ponies. But not all changelings are like this and I can prove it. My name is David, and this is a story of how I found something that I that I thought was just a bug

  • ...
21
 166
 4,962

Be Very Quiet...

[Run back into the woods] - 0%
[Try to sneak past] - 100% wow

Okay, now that totally epic and totally not geeky TellTale in vision is over, I open my eyes and drag Thorax over to a nearby group of bushes to avoid being spotted by the guard wandering over.

"Here's the plan," I say, turning to Thorax," I'm going to try to sneak past them."

"What do I do?"

"You are going to be staying here."

"What if one of them comes over here?"

"You can shape shift can't you? Just turn into something."

"Oh, okay... like what?"

"Oh my fhh... I don't know, something."

"But what abo-"

"Thorax, shut up!" I quietly scream at him."Are you forgetting that there is a guard not even 15 feet away?!"

"Sorry..."

"Just be quiet and stay here until I get back."

"What if you don't come back?"

"You do know that your talking to a guy that has played all of the Assassin Creed games, Right?"

"What's Assassin Creed?"

Oh yeah, different planet."Skip it."

Before he can say something else to delay me from going, I begin crouch walking to the castle while being mindful to the guard to my left.

Ok... so how in holy heavens am I going to get in and get back out with all of these guards? I begin surveying the castle and the guards around it. If one of the guards do end up spotting me, I'll have to knock them out before they can say anything. If that one that looks in charge spots me, then well shit.

There's a hole in the side of one of the walls, I can go though that. From where it is, I say it's right below my camp spot. From that, I say it probably a basement of some kind. Meaning there has to be a stare case or something. If there isn't, then hopefully there will be a hole in the ceiling I climb though. I never really explored the place, which is kind of sad, considering that I spend two weeks living here.

Another thing that is bothering me while I'm sneaking up to the castle is that how in the hell did they know where to look? This place is far from Cantorlot, so they wouldn't just come out here and start searching at a random location unless they had a lead. I bet I was their lead.

Oh shit! Man that was close. I was so lost in thought that I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and almost walked into one of the guards. He hasn't noticed me but it wont stay like that for long. I'll just have to do something about that.

Hmm.... that's a decent sized rock.

*Crack* *Thump*

OK, I'm surprised that worked.

Why are you looking at me like that? I didn't kill the guy, I just knocked him out. The crack was his amour cracking when the rock made contact. Killing the guy would have gotten me in so much more trouble then I'm already in. Killing him would've just made it worse. Plus, I'm not that kind of guy. I'm harsh, but I'm no killer.

With some exceptions.

That was kind of loud though. Luckily, I don't think that any of the other guards were close enough to hear it.

I will take that sword though. Wait, taking the guards sword might be just as bad as killing him. Never mind, I already have weapons.

I hang on to the rock incase I have another close call. I just now reached the hole in the wall, and to my dismay, there's no stairs. Fortunately, there is a trap door by the looks of it in the corner of the room on the ceiling. That has to be a way to get my stuff. Even if just brings me a step closer to the room, I'll be happy.

Approaching the trap door, I immediately notice a problem. The thing is locked with a pad lock, and I doubt I'm going to find a key out here.

Wait a minute... the lock appears to be rusted upon further inspection. I do have a pic. Let me see if I can pry it open.

Taking out my pic, I wedge it under the space where the lock holds the door to the roof, and start to pull on the pic with all of my strength.

It takes a few moments, but I eventually pry it open. The lock brakes and the trap door swings open.

Bad news, It seems that the reason that I didn't notice this door before, is because the there was I pile of stone covering it up, and me open the door allowed that pile of stone to fall to the ground, making a very loud crashing sound.

"Did you hear that?" I hear one of the guards ask.

"I did. You, come with me."

Shit, they heard the noise. I need I place to hide. I would climb up the hole in the ceiling, but I'm afraid that I wont make it. I notice some crates nearby, and decide to hide behind them. This isn't the best hiding spot, but hopefully it will be enough.

"Captain! Over here!"

I hear the clopping of hooves before a familiar voice spoke.

"What did you find?"

"It appears a trap door caved in."

"How?"

"Well, it is possible the door just gave out due to years of inactivity."

"Maybe... still, keep your eyes and ears open. The changelings could be anywhere. Now, continue your search!"

"Yes, sir!"

I hear the clopping of hooves move away. I wait until I can't hear them and carefully peak my head over the crate.

The room is empty. Good. I slowly rise and move to the hole in the wall and peak outside. No one nearby, I guess it's safe to climb.

Or as safe as I can be in this situation.

Since this rooms ceiling is close to ground for me, I can reach up and grab the edges of the hole and pull myself up with ease. I do have to be careful though, there are still rocks around the hole, and if grab the wrong one, I could fall with that rock landing on top of me.

Luckily, I get though the hole without any problems. I look around and notice there's on one inside. Perfect.

I stand up and walk over to a spot and move a rock out of the way to reveal a small opening that contains the items I came for.

The items are a grey jacket and a hat that I didn't mention I had had.

You're probably wandering why I came back for just a jacket and hat. The jacket can keep me warn on a chilly night. The hat...well... It's special. That's all I'm going to say.

I move the rock back into place and pick up the items I just aquired. I put on my hat and slip on the jacket and start moving toward the hole I came from. I drop back down into the cellar thing and go for the hole in the side of the wall. I wait a moment before I peak out to find no one close and I start making my way back toward the spot where I left Thorax.

I approach the area to find it empty.

"Son of a..."

No sign of Thorax. Maybe he had to relocate due to the guards. I'm about to go look for him when I hear a voice that makes my blood run cold.

"You made it back."

I turn around at the speed of lightning to find the captain of the guard staring right at me.

Author's Note:

Surprize! Early chapter! :pinkiegasp:

Why? Because I'm nice. :twilightsmile: