• Published 24th Sep 2016
  • 4,954 Views, 166 Comments

Not Just A Bug - Bringiton6611



Changelings are known to be heartless and suck the love from ponies. But not all changelings are like this and I can prove it. My name is David, and this is a story of how I found something that I that I thought was just a bug

  • ...
21
 166
 4,954

Another Close Encounter

Day 18

Good news, I found my backpack.

Bad news, It's thirty feet above me in a tree.

I'm standing at the bottom of said tree. starring up at my pack, wanding how the balls I'm going to get it down.

When the guards took me prisoner and throw me in a cell, they took all of my stuff and put it in my pack, so I can't even use my climbing pick, because it's in there with the rest of my gear, minus my sidearm. At least I had enough common sense to get a weapon out before I got launched into the heavens.

Thorax is leaning against a tree that's nearby. He past the f*ck out soon after we started walking, but he did point me in the right direction to my pack before that happened. He has a good eye, I'll give him that. Since he's passed out, I can get a better look at just how hurt he is.

Like I said before, his hind leg (da left one) is bent completely backward with cracks all around it, which are bleeding green blood. He's lucky that its not bleeding that bad, because I don't have anyway to bandage it. His wings are fine, minus the fact that one of them has a tear in it. One of his fangs are cracked just like the carapace around his legs and there's a crack just above his left eye. What ever did that could have completely taken his eye out, had his head been angled a bit lower. This is one lucky bug considering the fall didn't kill him and I'm one lucky guy considering the fall didn't kill me either.

I don't know when he'll wake up or even if he'll wake up. I'll just keep an eye on him.

Now, back to the main task of climbing the tree. I guess I'll have to wing it. I wish I had something to make pun out of that sentence. Well, I did fall from the sky. And now I'm talking to much again.

I'm going to do my "bunny hop," which is the thing where I get a running start and then use my leg for a boost. Yes, I called it the bunny hop. Problem? No? Good, now shut up.

Actually, now that I'm looking at the tree more closely, Its going to be to high for me even with the help of the bunny hop. Maybe I can find something to stand on and then do the hop. Good idea. Not great, but good.

I guess I'll start looking around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...That could work.

I found what looks like a tree truck on the ground. It's hollow on the inside, so it should be easier to moooovvvvvveeee.....question mark? I can lean it against the tree as a kind of ramp and run up it and THEN do the bunny hop. It should get me higher.

Time to test that theory.

Bending down, I pick up the log. Or rather tried to. I could barely get it a foot off the ground. What if I... yep. That worked. I'll roll it over there instead of trying to drag it over.

After rolling it over to the tree I start lifting it. I lift it up a few inches, then lean it against the tree where it stays until I lift it up more.

Eventually, I lift it enough to where I'm satisfied and back up to where a can get a good running start, I break into a run and step on the log.

Only for it to fall down, and for me to slam my face on the tree.

So, here you have me, lying down next to a log, holding my bleeding nose (which hurts a lot), silently cursing out gravity.

I stand up and wipe my nose on my arm... which causes blood to smear all over my arm. That wasn't such a good idea, but I couldn't give less of a crap right now.

I look around and find a log I can use to prop up the other log. I repeat the process I did before, the only difference being that I placed the log underneath the log that is up against the tree.

I back up and run at the log, jump on said log, run up it, place my foot against the tree and push up. Luckily that idea worked. Im hanging by the very bottom branch of the tree now. I pull myself up on the branch and get myself into a standing position and jump up to the next branch and continue climbing up the tree.

With some parkour skills in play, I quickly get to my bag and do a check inside my bag. Everything's still in here. Good. Now, I just have to get back down.

It goes well.

Mostly.

Right when I get at the bottom, my foot slips (of course, why wouldn't it) and I fall to the ground.

At Least I got my stuff. I'm surprised I even spotted it up in the tree. I'm surprised Thorax knew what direction it was in.

It's a two day walk back to the castle, so I better get started.

"Spread out! Keep your eyes open!"

...Well shit. That's the last thing I wanted to hear right now. The guards must be looking for the changelings that were blasted from Canterlot. And me for that matter, since I did kind of break out of jail.

If these guards find me, I might have to fight back. They're most likely going to see me as a changeling like Thorax.

...Oh yeah, Thorax.

I look over to him. He's still out. Maybe I should just turn him in. It would save me a lot of trouble. Plus he's one of them, why should I take him? Why should I care? Why is there a voice in my head screaming no?

I look to Thorax, and then to the direction the voice came from. I hear them. There going to be here soon.

Damn it, I fell like I'm in a TellTale game.

Do I leave Thorax or do I take him with me?

Author's Note:

Sorry for yet another short chapter.:twilightblush: I know I said that I would make this long but I couldn't for what I have planned. :rainbowdetermined2: